Ahmed Mohamed Medra
Cranio-Maxillofacial & Oral and Plastic Surgery
Faculty of Dentistry
Alexandria University, Egypt
Professor Ahmed Mohamed Medra is professor in Department of Cranio-Maxillo-facial, Oral and Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, at Alexandria University, Egypt. He is doubly qualified. He got the medical Degree (M.B.Ch.B, December 1977) .He holds Master Degree in General & Emergency Surgery, in January 1981, Faculty of Medicine Alexandria University. Then he got the Dental Degree,(BDS, Faculty of Dentistry, Alexandria University,1985. He got Doctorate in Cranio-Maxillofacial, Oral and Plastic Surgery,1987
He is the President of the Egyptian Society of Craniofacialmaxillofacial Surgeons, since 2009 till now(www.escmfs.com) and the president of the Egyptian Association of Cleft Lip& Palate and Craniofacal Anomalies ,from 2012 till now.
He is reviewer for International Arab Journal of Dentistry (IAJD), Advisory Board Member for Annals of International Medical and Dental Research and Associate editor in Journal of Dental Health, Oral Disorders and Therapy and member of the Editorial Board for Advances in dentistry and Oral Health Journal.(Juniper Publishers.com)and Editorial board Member for EC Dental Science Journal,(www.ecronicon.com).
He is member of European association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgeons, Egyptian Cancer Society, Egyptian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Pan-Arab Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, International Cleft Lip and Palate Foundation etc. He is Chairman of the Alexandria Club of Cranio-Maxillofacial, Oral and Plastic Surgery. He is member of Egyptian Dental Association, Alexandria Oral Implantology Association (AOIA). He has published several scientific papers in International peer reviewed journals. He attended so many conferences in Egypt and in Saudi Arabia. All fields of Craniomaxillofacial, Oral, and Plastic Surgery especially: Cleft Lip and Palate; Craniofacial Anomalies; Craniomaxillofacial and mandbular trauma; Temporomandibular joint; trauma, ankylosis, Disorders and Maxillofacial Surgeons, International Cleft Lip and Palate Foundation etc. He is Chairman of the Alexandria Club of Cranio-Maxillofacial, Oral and Plastic Surgery. He is member of Egyptian Dental Association, Alexandria Oral Implantology Association (AOIA). He has published several scientific papers in International peer reviewed journals. He attended so many conferences in Egypt ,in Saudi Arabia and in Europe.
1- Craniofacial surgery; Craniofacial anomalies, cleft lip and palaste, craniofacial tumors, trauma and deformities.
2- Distraction Osteogenesis; for Cranial,midface, maxilla, mandible and TMJ.
3- Cranio-Maxillofacial Deformities; congenital and acquired deformities.
4- TMJ disorders and Ankylosis.
5- Cranio-Maxillofacial and Mandibular Tumors; Odontogenic, non-odontogenic, benign, aggressive and malignant
6- Orthognathic Surgery, for correction of Dento-Facial Deformitie.
7- Head and Neck Tumors; both bening and malignant
8- Carcinoma of the Oral Cavity.
9- Skeletal Surgery for Obstructive Sleep Apnea both for adults and children.
ASSOCIATIONS & SOCIETIES MEMBERSHIP
1- President of the Egyptian Society of Cranio-maxillofacial Surgeons (www.escmfs.com).
2- Member of the European association of Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgeons,(EACMFS).
3- Member of the International college for Maxillo-facial-surgery (ICMFS).
4- Faculty Member of AOCMF Association; member No.76099.
5. Member of the Egyptian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
6. Member of International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS).
7. Member of the Pan-Arab Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
8. Member of the Egyptian Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons.
9. Member of the Egyptian Cancer Society.
10. Member of the Egyptian Society of Surgical Oncology.
11. Chairman of the Alexandria Club of Cranio-Maxillofacial, Oral and Plastic Surgery.
12. Member of the Egyptian Dental Association (EDA).
13. Member of the Egyptian Society of Head and Neck Surgeons.
14. Member of the Egyptian Skull Base Society.
15. Member of Alexandria Oral Implantology Association(AOIA).
16. Member of the Egyptian Pediatric Surgical Association (EPSA).
17. Member of the International Cleft Lip and Palate Foundation (ICPF).
18. Member of the Egyptian Orthodontic Society.
19. Egyptian Association of Maxillofacial, Head and Neck Surgeons.
20. Member of the Aesthetic Academy of Egypt.
21. Member of the ArabiaPlast International. 22. Member of the Egyptian Laryngological &Sleep Surgery Society (ELSSS)
1. Institute of Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, New York University, USA, for six months from August 1991 to January 1992. Also, a visiting professor in the international Center for craniofacial Anomalies in New York.
2. Visiting Professor to King Fahd Specialized Hospital , In Jeddah, KSA, for three months, from October 1994.
1.The Feasability of Buccal Pad Fat Graft In Oral Reconstruction Based on Clinical Experience in a Governomental Hospital. Alexandria. Egypt- The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal, 2016 Nov; 53 (6):567-663. AMA Habib, and A Medra
2. Improvement in the airway after mandibular distraction osteogenesis surgery in children with temporomandibular joint ankylosis and mandibular hypoplasia
Shahira El Metainy,
Doaa Abo Alia,
Ahmed Medra. Pediatric Anesthesia 26 (2016) 399–404
3. Prosthetic Management of Maxillectomy Patients with Dental Implants in Residual Zygomatic Bone: A Preliminary Report.
Wegdan Mahmuod El-Sayed, Mohamaed Ahmed Gad, and Ahmed Mohamed Medra. Int. J. of Prosthodont.2014;27:534-540.
4. Simultaneous and Differential Fronto-orbital and Midface Distraction Osteogenesis for Syndromic Craniosynostosis Using Rigid External Distractor II.
Medra, Ahmed Mohamed MD*; Marei, Ahmed Gaber MD†; Shehata, Ehab Ali MD*; McGurk, Mark MD‡; Habib, Ahmed MD* Journal of Craniofacial Surgery , September 2012 - Volume 23 - Issue 5 - p 1306–1313.
5. Does Tranexamic Acid Reduce Perioperative Blood Loss in
Pediatric Patients Undergoing Craniosynostosis Surgery?
Ahmed Al Attar1* MD, Ahmed Medra2** MD, Ola M Zanaty3* MD, Hala Demerdash 4***MD. Alexandria Journal of Anesthesia and Intensive Care,Vol.14 (no.3),September 2011
6. El-Sheikh, MM, Medra, AM and Zeitoun, AM: The Split Rib
Bundle Graft in Mandibular reconstruction. J. Cranio-
Maxillofac. Surg.20 (1992) 326-332.
7. El-Sheikh,MM, Zeitoun,AM, El-Massry,MA and Medra,AM:
Vascular Malformations of the JawBones. Report on nine
patients. . J. Cranio- Maxillofac. Surg.21 (1993) 9-14.
8.El-Sheikh, M.M, Medra, AM and Warda, MH: Bird Face
Deformity Secondary to bilateral Temporomandibular
Joint Ankylosis . J. Cranio- Maxillofac.
El-Sheikh,MM and Medra,AM: Management of Unilateral
Temporomandibular Ankylosis associated with Facial
Asymmetry. J. Cranio- Maxillofac. Surg. 25(1997),109-115.
Medra, AM, Marei, AG, and El-Soukaily, MA: Management of Cranio-Maxillofacial Fractures. Egyptian Journal of Neurosurgery. Vol VIII,No.1 (January):1-14,1993.
Medra, AM: Follow Up of Mandibular Costochondral Grafts After Release of Ankylosis of the Temporomandibular Joint.
British J. of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.(2005) 43,118-122.
12. Medra,AM and Shehata,EAA: Modified Bimaxillary Distraction Osteogenesis: A Technique to Correct Facial Asymmetry in Adults. British J. of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery, 45(2007), 471-477.
13. Medra,Am, and Mahrous,A: Modified Geleno-Temporal Osteotomy with Bone Graft to Correct Chronic Recurrent Dislocation and Hypermobility of Temporomandibular Joint. British J. of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. 46 (2008), 119-122.
14. Mohamed Moataz Khamis and Ahmed M. Medra: Clinical evaluation of Newly Designed Single Stage Craniofacial Implants.The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry,Vol.100, Issue 5,375-383. 2008.
Medra,Am and Marei,AG: Surgical Correction of Orbital Hyperteleroism.
Medra, AM and Marei,AG: Fronto-orbital Advancement and Cranial Vault Remodeling for Craniosynostosis. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol.21,No.3,(1996).21-54.
Medra, AM and Marei,AG: Surgical Treatment of Cranio-facial Neurofibromatosis. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol.21,No.4,(1996).23-45.
Medra, AM, Marei,AG and Essa,AM: Surgery for Orbital Osteomas. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol.21,No.4,(1997).23-45.
Medra,AM and Zeitoun,IM: Karapandizic and reversed Karapandizic Flaps for Reconstruction of Lip defects after Tumor resection. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol. 17,No.1.Jan.1992,61- 84.
Medra,AM, Rashed,AS, ElDin,N, and El-Kalaa,F: The superior Alveolar Nerves: Variations and Surgical anatomy.
Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol. 17,No.1.Jan.1992,41- 59.
Medra,AM: The role of Contra-Lateral Intra-Oral Coronoidectomy in Management of Unilateral Ankylosis of the Temporomandibular Joint. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol. 16,No.3.July.1991,83- 116.
Medra,Am, Abdel Rahman, Hamza,M and Al-soukaily,MA : Diagnosis and Treatment of epidermoid Carcinoma and undifferentiated metastatic carcinomas of Cervical Lymph nodes of Unknown primary Lesion. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol. 17,No.2.April.1992,141- 157.
Medra,AM, Zeitoun,IM and El-Massry,MA: The Role of the Coronal Scalp Approach and Its Modifications in Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery. The Egyptian Journal of Plastic and reconstructive surgery,Vol.16, No.1 .Jan.1992,49-59.
Medra,AM, El-Massry,A, Ahmed, KS, and Abdu, L: Burkitt’s Lymphoma: Clinicopathological aspects and Treatment Rationale. Egyptian Journal of Tumor Marker Oncology. Vol.2 No.1 Jan. 1991,85-90.
Medra, AM, Ei-Massry ,A, Ahmed, KS, and Abdu,L: The Role of Surgery, Radiotherapy and Combination Chemotherapy in the management of Pediatric Rhabdomyosarcoma: A Retrospective Study. Alexandria Dental Journal. Vol. 16, No.3.Jan..1991.
25.. Cyanoacrylate: A Handy Tissue Glue in Maxillofacial Surgery :Our Experience in Alexandria, Egypt
Ahmed Habib • Ahmed Mehanna • Ahmed Medra, Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery is now online at SpringerLink
Ahmed Medra and Yasser el-Sheikh; (Evaluation of technique of medical canthropexy using miniplate and miniscrews) accepted for publication in October 2012 (Ain Shams Journal of Surgery)
Ahmed Medra and Yasser el-Sheikh; (Different options for surgical reconstruction of lip defects after ablation of lip carcinoma: merits and demerits) accepted for publication in December 2012 (Ain Shams Journal of Surgery)
Ahmed Medra, Ahmed Salloum,and Yasser El-Sheikh; (The role of buccal pad fat in oro-facial reconstruction: Review of the literature and presentation of our clinical experience) accepted for publication in March 2013(Ain Shams Journal of Surgery)
Ahmed M. Medra, Baraka M, Bakry N, and Moussa H. DENTAL ARCH DIMENSIONS IN SURGICALLY REPAIRED UNILATERAL CLEFT LIP AND PALATE OF EGYPTIAN CHILDREN BY OSLO PROTOCOL. ALEXANDRIA DENTAL JOURNAL (2016)Vol.41 Pages111-116
MEDRA AHMED MOHAMED, HANNO A, BAKRY N, MOUSSA H. TRANSVERSE DENTAL ARCHRELATIONSHIP AND OCCLUSIONIN SURGICALLY REPAIRED UNILATERAL CLEFT LIP AND PALATE EGYPTIAN CHILDREN.
MEDICAL-CLINICAL RESEARCH & REVIEW.VOLUME1 Issue2,pages 1-7.