Dr. Hussien Abid Ali Bakir
Faculty of Science
Department of Physics
University of Kufa
Najaf Governorate, Iraq
B.Sc. in Medical Technology/Radiology Technology, Department of Radiology technology (2001) from College of Health and Medical Technology/Baghdad, Middle Technical University. M.Sc. in Medical Physics from College of Medicine, Branch of Physiology and Medical Physics, University of Al Mustansiriya (2005). Ph.D. in Medical Physics as Applied to Medical Imaging from University of Salford (United Kingdom/Manchester), School of Health Sciences, Department of Medical imaging and Radiography (2015). Working as a lecturer in the University of Kufa, Faculty of Science, and Department of physics from 2005 to recent.
1. Optimizing of radiation dose and image quality in diagnostic radiography/radiology using CR and DR.
2. Medical Image Quality assessment methods.
3. Quality Control/Assurance in diagnostic radiology.
4. Conducting theoretical and practical research in radiation protection fielded (health physics and diagnostic X-ray/Imaging).
5. Biological effects of radiation on human tissues/organs.
6. Developing and validating psychophysical systems to assess the image quality of diagnostic digital images
1) Junior associate at the The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (2012).
1. Medical Physics.
2. Radiological physics.
3. Radiation physics.
4. Nuclear medicine.
5. Radiation dosimetery.
1. H. Mraity; A. England; I. Akhtar; A. Aslam; R. De Lange; H. Momoniat; S. Nicoulaz ; A. Ribeiro; S. Mazhir; P. Hogg, "Development and validation of a psychometric scale for assessing PA chest image quality: A pilot study", Radiography, 20 (2014) 312-317
2. Hussien A A B Mraity; Andrew England; Simon Cassidy; Peter Eeachus; Alexander Dominguez and Peter Hogg, "Development and validation of a visual grading scale for assessing image quality of AP pelvis radiographic images", British Journal of Radiology, 2016; 89: 20150430.
3 . H. Mraity ; A. England; P. Hogg, "Developing and validating a psychometric scale for image quality assessment", Radiography, 20 (2014) 306-311.
4. H. Mraity, A. England, P. Hogg. Gonad dose in AP pelvis radiography: impact of anode heel orientation. Accepted for publication in Radiography journal- Sciencedirect (2016).
5. Sana K, H. Mraity, A. England, P. Hogg. Lateral hip x-ray imaging – which technique produces lowest gonad dose combined with acceptable visual image quality?. Accepted for UKRC as poster last at July, 2013, Liverpool, UK.
6. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Estimation of surface dose (skin absorbed dose) for the patient undergoing standards radiologic examinations", Journal of Kerbala University, 6 (2008) 260-259.
7. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Calculation of skin absorbed dose for the staff and students from external gamma ray source in nuclear physics lab. Journal of Al-Qadisiyah for Pure Science 13 (2008) 116-125.
8. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Study the effect of total filtration (filter thickness)of the x-ray tube on the surface dose for the patients undergoing standard radiologic procedures", Journal of Babylon University, 15 (2008) 580-584.
9. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity; Raed Mohammedkadhim; Abrar Mohammed Khuder, "Mathematical Calculation of Patient's Fluoroscopic Entrance Dose in Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy", Journal of Kerbala University, 6 (2008) 117-127.
10. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, Raed Moahammedkadhim, "Estimation of entrance skin exposure for patients undergoing fluoroscopic examination in extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy(ESWL)", Journal of Kerbala University, 6 (2008) 173-176.
11. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Estimation of patients effective dose while they are exposed for long time fluoroscopic examination in extra corporal shockwave lithotripsy(ESWL", Journal of Babylon University, 17 (2009) 565-568.
12. Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, Talib Abdularidha, Raed M, "Mathematical calculation of effective dose From gamma ray sources in nuclear physics lab.", Journal of AL-Qadisiya/Pure scienceUniversity, 14 (2009) 126-132.
13.Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, Muthana Hassan Hady, Raad Jaleel Ahmed, "Estimation of entrance skin exposure for pediatrics undergoing routine X-ray examination", Journal of Kerbala University, 7 (2009) 62-67.
14.Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Estimation of patients radiation dose undergoing conventional X-ray examination in Al-Hakeem general hospital(X-ray room(1))", Journal of Kufa -Physics- A special issue for Kufas first conference for physics, - (2010) 335-440.
15.Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Mathematical assessment of entrance surface dose(ESD) for patients examined by long term X-ray examination (fluoroscopy).", Journal of Kufa -Physics, 2 (2010) 2077-5830.
16.Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, "Mathematical calculation of skin and soft- tissues radiation absorbed dose from Na22 ,Ba133 and Cd109 radiation source for persons working in nuclear research room", Journal of Kerbala University, 8 (2010) 10-19.
17. Hussien Abid Ali Bakir, Raed Mohammed Kadhm, Calculation Of Pediatrics Entrance Surface Air Kerma (ESAK) Undergoing Fluoroscopic Examinations In Extracorporeal Shock wave Lithotripsy Unit. Journal of Babylon University.2010.
18. Ali Abid Abojassim, Suha H. Kadhim, Hussien Abid Ali Mraity and Rua R. Munim. Radon levels in different types of bottled drinking water and carbonated drinks in Iraqi markets, Water Science & Technology: Water Supply, 17.1(2017).
19. Ali Abid Abojassim, Hussien Abid Ali Mraity, Afnan Ali Husain, Mike Wood. ESTIMATION OF THE EXCESS LIFETIME CANCER RISK FROM RADON EXPOSURE IN SOME BUILDINGS OF KUFA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, IRAQ, NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND ATOMIC ENERGY,18(3),pp 276-285( 2017).
20. Determination of Radon Flux Density in Some Liquid of Cleaning Materials Samples in Iraq, Research J. Pharm. and Tech, 10(8),pp:1-5 (2017).
1. Observer studies in mammography; P Hogg, S Millington, D Manning, and H Mraity- Book chapter in ‘digital mammography : A holistic approach’; P Hogg, J Kelly, C Merver, (2015).
2. Visual image quality assessment methods; Hussien Abid Ali Mraity and Maily Alrowily- Book chapter in ‘Mult icultural team-based research in radiogra phy , a holistic educational approach. Groningen, the Netherlands Edited by: Peter Hogg, Chr istine Blakeley and Car st Buissink (2016).