Dr. Ian James Martins
Edith Cowan University
Dr. Ian James Martins is an Editor/Reviewer for Open Acess Pub/MDPI journals and various other international journals. Advisory Board Member for Photon Journal. Fellow of International Agency for Standards and Ratings (IASR). Conferred with the RICHARD KUHN RESEARCH AWARD-2015 ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISM. Chief Editor for International Journal of Diabetes Research (2014-2018), Research and Reviews: Neuroscience (2016-2018) and Journal of Diabetes and Clinical Studies (2017-2018). BIT Member (BIT Congress. Inc) with an H-index of 64, (ResearchGate STATs (27), Scopus Author ID: 7103152779/Mendeley STATS (21), UWA Research Repository (16). Scientist for The Science Advisory Board (USA) and an Academic with Academia.edu. The citations past 27 years have accumulated to >4584. Ian James Martins - Semantic Scholar https://www.semanticscholar.org/author/Ian-James-Martins/5258067. Semantic Scholar profile for Ian James Martins, with fewer than 50 highly influential citations RESEARCHGATE ANALYSIS: Ian J Martins | Ph.D. | Centre of Excellence for Alzheimer's Disease ...https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ian_Martins2 under Ian James Martins’ name places publication RG score (> 96%) of international SCIENTISTS. ORCID CONNECTING RESEARCHER: Editorial Team www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/jfs/about/editorialTeamBio/13511 Editorial Team. Ian James Martins. Ian James Martins Mail · http://orcid.org/0000-0002-2390-1501. Edith Cowan University, Australia. Prestigious Recognition of Lifetime Membership by the International Agency for Standards and Ratings as Fellow for Diabetes, Medical Science (Nutrition). Winner (World Academic Championship -2017) in Diabetes and Medical Science (Nutrition). Certificates from various international conferences have been received in relation to anti-aging, health, and disease. Keynote addresses at, Biomedicine 2018 (Osaka, Japan), Global Experts Meeting on Diabetes, Hypertension, Metabolic Syndrome 2018 (Melbourne, Australia), Immunology World 2018 (Amsterdam, Netherlands), Laboratory Medicine 2018 (Berlin, Germany), Innovate Pharma 2017 (Sydney, Australia), Innovate Neurology 2017(Sydney, Australia) World Diabetes and Endocrinology Summit-2017 (Dubai), Pharmacology and Ethnopharmacology 2016 (Chicago, USA) and AGHC 2016 (1st Plenary Speaker, Kaohsiung, Taiwan). Chair/Co-chair Sessions on Laboratory management, Cytogenetics, Clinical Microbiology, Diagnostic Laboratory Medicine etc, 13th International Conference on Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Berlin, Germany, June 25-26, 2018, Chairing Sessions on Vaccinology, Immunopathology, Immunotherapy, Immune Proteomics, Cancer and Tumour Oncology, 7th World Congress on Immunology, Amsterdam, Netherlands, April 19-20, 2018, Chair, Pipeline 1: Biotherapeutics for Diseases, Bit's 2nd International Congress of Biotherapy-2018 (Programme Committee Member), Chair, Innovate Conferences 2017, Chair/Co-Chair at congress World Gene Convention-2016 (Shanghai, China, Pharmacology and Ethnopharmacology 2016 (Chicago, USA), Annual World Congress of Diabetes-2014 (Haikou, China), World Gene Convention-2014 (Haikou, China). Research Activity Statistics have been provided by Publons with a comparison to other researchers. Ian James Martins is now in the 98th percentile as assessed for Publons users by merit. Dr. Ian Martins is a reviewer for approx. 47 journals over the past 5 years.
Anti-Aging Genes, Global Health and Chronic Disease, Food and Nutrition, Appetite, Environment, Senescence.
Research Grants Awarded
NHMRC 595312 & NHMRC 595300 Prof. R.Martins, Dr. I. Martins, D K.Taddei, Dr. M. Ladu, Dr. M. Sharman 2010-2012 $938,775
The effect of human apo E isoforms and apo E receptors on the clearance of oligomeric abeta42 by hepatocytes in vitro Enhancing peripheral clearance of beta-amyloid as a treatment for AD
Prof. R.Martins, Dr. I. Martins, Dr. G Verdile, Dr. J.Phillips. 2007-2009 Continuing. Alzheimer’s Disease and Research Care 327,890
Investigating beta-amyloid clearance in vivo
NHMRC 324100 Prof. R.Martins, Dr. I. Martins, A/Prof Nicola Lautenschlager 2005-2007 $422,750
Molecular and Neuropsychological Predictive Markers of Cognitive Decline
ECU Small Grant Chief Investigator: Dr. I. Martins 2006 Current Status: Completed $5000
Cholesterol, High-fat diets, exercise, and cholesterol-lowering drugs on beta-amyloid Clearance and deposition in brains of Alzheimer’s transgenic mice Hollywood Pvt Hospital Res Grant Dr. I. Martins 2006 Current Status: Completed. $10,000
Raine Research Foundation Dr. I. Martins 1999-2000 Current Status: Completed $169,000
Metabolism of postprandial lipoproteins in mice and man Innovax Ltd. Co-Chief investigator on Industry Grant: 1994-1998 Current Status: Completed $1,200,000
Development of a breath test for chylomicron remnant metabolism in mice and man Athelstan and Saw grant Chief Investigator Dr. I Martins 1994 Current Status: Completed $50,000
Effects of butterfats and oils on the clearance of chylomicron remnants NHMRC Co-investigator: Dr. I Martins 1993-1995 Current Status: Completed $150,000
Binding and endocytosis of chylomicron remnants by low-density lipoprotein receptors and proteoglycans to liver cells
1. Martins IJ. Insulin Therapy and Autoimmune Disease with Relevance to Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease. An Update. IntechOpen. October, 2018. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328190122_Insulin_Therapy_and_Autoimmune_Disease_with_Relevance_ to_Nonalcoholic_Fatty_Liver_Disease
2. Martins IJ. Anti-Aging Gene linked to Appetite Regulation Determines Longevity in Humans and Animals. International Journal of Aging Research. 2018,1(6): 1-4.
3. Martins IJ. Heat Shock Gene Inactivation and Protein Aggregation with Links to Chronic Diseases. Diseases. 2018, 6;39:1-5.
4. Martins IJ. Electroconvulsive Therapy and Heat Shock Gene Inactivation in Neurodegenerative Diseases. Ann Neurodegener Dis. 2018, 3(1): 1028.
5. Martins IJ. Genomic Medicine and Acute Cardiovascular Disease Progression in Diabetes. International Journal of Medical Studies. 2018;3(1): 124-130.
6. Martins IJ. Genomic Medicine and Management of Genetic Disorders. J Genet Disord. 2017; Vol. 1 No.1: 06.
7. Martins IJ. Single Gene Inactivation with Implications to Diabetes and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome. J Clin Epigenet. 2017, Vol. 3 No. 3:24.
8. Martins IJ. Regulation of Core Body Temperature and the Immune System Determines Species Longevity. Curr Updates Gerontol. (2017) 1: 6.1
9. Martins IJ. Heat Therapy With Relevance to the Reversal of NAFLD and Diabetes. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2017; 4: 018.
10. Martins IJ. Heat Shock Gene Dysregulation and Inactivation of Drug Therapy. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology. ECO.01 (2017): 13-15.
11. Martins IJ. Geriatric Medicine and Heat Shock Gene Therapy in Global Populations. Curr Updates Gerontol. 2016;1: 1-5.
12. Martins IJ. Heat shock gene Sirtuin 1 regulates post-prandial lipid metabolism with relevance to nutrition and appetite regulation in diabetes. International Journal of Diabetes and Clinical Diagnosis. Int J Diab Clin Diagn. 2016, 3:20.
13. Martins IJ. Type 3 diabetes with links to NAFLD and Other Chronic Diseases in the Western World. International Journal of Diabetes. 2016; 1:1-5.