Dr. K. Gayathri Devi, PhD, ME, MISTE
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Dr. N G P Institute of Technology
Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India
Dr. K. Gayathri Devi, designated as a Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Dr. N.G.P Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. She received her B.E. degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, India in 1998 , Post graduate degree in M.E (Applied Electronics) from Dr Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore, India in the year 2005 and Ph.D in the area of Medical Image Processing under the affliation of Anna University-Chennai in the year 2016. She is a recognized supervisor to guide research scholars under the affliation of Anna University-Chennai. She has published papers in national and international Conferences and journals. She is the reviewer of Imaging Science Journal , Bentham Science publishers, Asian Journal of Medicine and Health, Oncotarget, IGI Global, Journal of Cancer and Tumor International and Researchscript Internationals Journals and the editorial board member of Vehicle Dynamics. She has received many proficiency awards, received grants from ICMR and second topper in NPTEL online certification examination on “Digital image processing on Remote sensing data”. She has guided many UG and PG projects and received best project awards. Her area of interest includes Image Processing and Digital signal Processing. She is the member of ISTE and IAENG with 18 years of teaching experience.
Medical Image Processing
Two days National level Conference on Medical Imaging and Informatics for Oncology (NCMIIO2K’15) Sponsored by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) at Dr. NGP Institute of Technology, Coimbatore on 3 and 4 July 2015.
Faculty Development Programme On ‘Signals and systems’ Sponsored by Anna University Chennai at Dr.Mahalingam College of Engineering and Technology, Pollachi from10 till 22nd December 2007.
International Seminar Presentation:
Presented a seminar titled “Application of ROI techniques in medical image compression” in the International interdisciplinary research seminar during the event of 1st International conference in south Asia on ‘Global manufacturing systems and management’ on 3rd August 2011.
1. Segmentation of Colon and Removal of Opacified Fluid for virtual Colonoscopy, Pattern Analysis and Applications, Springer London, 21(1), 205–219 2018. (Science Citation Indexed)
2. Automatic Segmentation of Colon in 3D CT images and removal of opacified fluid using cascade feed forward neural network, Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2015. (Science Citation Indexed)
3. Automatic Vehicle License Plate Detection System using RFID Tags and Finger Print Module with MQTT Protocol. International Journal of Science Technology and Engineering, 4(8), 102-105, 2018.
4. Review of Current Strategies in waste management Systems, Indian Journal of Environmental Protection, 37(5), 428-437, 2017. (Scopus Indexed)
5. Design and Implementation of IOT Based Waste Management System, Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 25 (5), 995-1000, 2017. (Scopus Indexed)
6. Segmentation of multiple organ from abdominal CT images using 3Dregion growing and Gradient vector flow. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 9(24) 30023-30041, 2014.(Scopus Indexed)
7. A Comparative Study on the Automatic Segmentation of Colon in CT Colonography using K-Means and Fuzzy C-Means Clustering. Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, 8(9), 2014. (Scopus Indexed)
8. Computer Aided Diagnosis Scheme for Polyp Detection in CT Colonography Using K-Means Clustering and SVM. World Journal of Medical Sciences, 9(4), 273-281,2013.(Scopus Indexed)
9. Design and Implementation of Automated Door Accessing System with face Recognition. International Journal of Science and Modern Engineering, 1(12), 2319-6386,2013. (Google Scholar Indexed)