Dr. K.K. Talwar
Hon. Advisor to Government of Punjab
Health and Medical Education
Dr. K.K.Talwar, after his schooling and college education at Payal (District Ludhiana) and Jalandhar in Punjab, did his MBBS from the Punjabi University, Patiala in 1969. He pursued M.D. (Medicine) and D.M. (Cardiology) from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh in the year 1973 and 1976 respectively. He received his advanced training in Electrophysiology as WHO Sr. Research Fellow from University of Gotherburg, Sweden (1982-83).
Dr K.K.Talwar is an outstanding figure in the medical profession in the country and occupied various eminent positions as follows:
1. Former Professor and Head, Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
2. Former Director and Professor & Head, Department of Cardiology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (2004-2011)
3. Former President, National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
4. Former Chairman, Board of Governors, Medical Council of India (MCI)
5. Former Chairman, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research (IISER) Mohali
6. Chairman, Board of Governors, National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, (NITTTR), Chandigarh
7. Advisor, Health and Medical Education, Government of Punjab
8. Member, Haryana Governance Reforms Authority
9. Chairman, Department of Cardiology. Max Healthcare Institute, Saket, New
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH CONTRIBUTIONS
He established the technique of Endomyocardial Biopsy (EMB) in 1986 at the AIIMS, New Delhi and used this technique to evaluate patients with various tropical heart muscle diseases to understand the pathogenesis and to evaluate various forms of therapy. His contributions in the tropical heart muscle diseases are well recognised. For the first time in the world literature, he documented, using EMB, the occurrence of inflammatory myocarditis in patients with Takayasu Arteritis resulting in heart failure and demonstrated that this myocardial dysfunction is reversible with the use of immunosuppressive therapy. This work has been recognised at both national and international level. His work related to dilated cardiomyopathy and involvement of cytoskeletal proteins in pathogenesis has been published and well recognised globally.
Another significant contribution has been in the development of speciality of Arrhythmia in the country. He established the technique and facility of radiofrequency ablation to cure arrhythmic disorders at the AIIMS, New Delhi in 1992. He further helped to establish these facilities at other centres in the country including PGIMER, Chandigarh. He is again the first in India and South Asian region to introduce the therapy of automatic implantable cardioverter and defibrillator (ICD) in 1995 and this contribution is recorded in the LIMCA Book of Records (1997). In 2000, he introduced the technique of multisite pacing system as a therapy for heart failure in the country. He is recognised as one of the pioneers in the field of Electrophysiology, Pacemaker and Heart Failure. He was closely involved in the development of Heart Transplant Programme at AIIMS, New Delhi.
He has published more than 227 articles and 236 abstracts in both national and international journals of repute and has contributed 18 chapters in various national and international books.
NATIONAL CIVILIAN AWARD
In recognition of his significant contribution in the field of medicine, he has been awarded Padma Bhushan – third highest civilian award in the country by the President of India in the year 2006.
Prof. Sujoy B. Roy Memorial Investigator Award (CSI-1986), Searle Award (CSI - 1987), Shyam Lal Saksena Award (NAMS-1988), Amrut Mody Unichem Award (ICMR - I993), Ranbaxy Research Award (1997), Dr. B.C. Roy National Award (2000), for eminent teacher, Goyal Prize for Science from Kurukshetra University (2002), Basanti Devi Amir Chand Award (ICMR-2003), Norman Alpert Award by International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences (2005), Ayrabhat award (Indian National Science Academy – 2012), Punjab Sarkar Parman Patra (2014 and 2016), Lifetime Achievement Award – Winner of India News Health Award (2016)
Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (FAMS), Indian National Science Academy (FNA), Fellow, International Academy of Cardiovascular Sciences and American College of Cardiology (FACC). Doctor of Science (honorary causa) by Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijaywada. Doctor of Science (Med.) (Honoris Causa) by Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur.
Sphere Oration - CSI (1989), Dr. Devi Chand Memorial Oration - Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla (1992), Glaxo Oration – NAMS (1996), Dr. Austin Doyle Memorial Lecture (1996), R.S. Tiwari Oration (1999), Dr. K.L. Wig Oration - NAMS (2000-2001), Dr. R.N. Chatterjee Memorial Oration (2003), Indian Medical Association - Dr. Menda Oration (2005), Prof. Raman Vishwanath – VPCI Oration, New Delhi (2007), Prof. P.S. Bidwai Memorial Oration – 2007 at SGPGIMS, Lucknow, Indian Doctors Forum - Kuwait Medical Association Oration, Kuwait (2007), Dr. Ivan Pinto Oration, KEM Hospital, Mumbai (2008), Dr. J.P. Das Heart Failure Annual Oration – 2009 at the Annual Conference of Indian College of Cardiology, Lucknow, P.L. Wahi Oration – 2010 at the 4th Global Conference on Recent Advances in Cardiovascular Sciences, New Delhi, First Innova Foundation Oration at the Annual Function of the Innova Children’s Heart Hospital, Hyderabad. Academy Oration of NAMS, Chennai (2012), Dr G.N.Sen Oration – Jaipur (2012), Gold Medal Oration – Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medicine Sciences, Triputi (2013), KK Malhotra Memorial Oration, Mount Abu (2014), SS Jolly Memorial Oration, Patiala (2015), Indian Society of Cardiology Oration 2016 - Hotel Taj, Lucknow, Homi Bawa Oration (2017) – Tata Memorial Centre, Sangrur
Patron of the Heart Rhythm Society of India and President of Heart Failure Society of India (2009-2012). President of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS – 2009-2012). President, International Society of Heart Research (Indian Section).
Member, Institute Body, Sree Chitra Institute of Medical Sciences (SCIMS), Thiruvanathapuram, Jawahar Lal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondichary and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Hon Advisor to the Government of Punjab on Health and Medical Education.
Member, Punjab Governance Reforms Commission (PGRC) and the Chairman, Task Group on Health and Medical Education of PGRC, Chandigarh. Chairman, Board of Management, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. Chairman, Board of Governors, National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training & Research, Chandigarh (NITTTR) and Chairman, Board of Governors, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali (IISER).
Nominee – President of India to Aligarh Muslim University (2001-2003)
Visitor Nominee to the Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi and Delhi University
MEDICAL EDUCATION IN INDIA
Besides being an eminent clinician and a researcher, Professor Talwar has contributed heavily towards Medical Education and its regulation in India. During his tenure, as Chairman Board of Governors, Medical Council of India, several momentous decisions were taken such as start of National Entry and Exit Examination (NEET) and compulsory rural posting in PHC for eligibility to join MD/MS courses. This will ensure regular availability of medical doctors in PHC in the country and also give an exposure to the fresh graduates about the rural medicine.
Under his chairmanship, the Medical Council of India also prepared a curriculum for initiating BSc course for middle level health workers i.e. Community Health Officers for the health services particularly sub centres. This course has been accepted by the Government of India and is being started soon under the ambit of National Board of Examination (NBE).
1. CME Monograph - J S Bajaj and K K Talwar. Obesity and cardiometabolic risk factors. National Academy of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
1. K K Talwar and P L Wahi.Pregnancy with heart disease.In Progress in Clinical Medicine (series IV), ed. MMS Ahuja.Arnold Heinemann, pp. 125; 1981.
2. K K Talwar, N Edvardson, Hirsch I, and SB Olsson. Definite effect of verapamil on atrial and ventricular repolization. In Calcium Channel Blockers and the Heart, eds. S D Seth, S C Manchanda and H H Siddiqui. Interprint, pp. 97; 1989.
3. A Garg, and K K Talwar. Calcium antagonists in cardiac arrhythmias. In Calcium Channel Blockers and the Heart, eds. S D Seth, S C Manchanda and HHSiddiqui. Interprint, pp.105; 1989.
4. A. Gar, K K Talwar, and K V Saharsanam. Update in Cardiology. In Essential of Clinical Diagnosis, ed. MMS Ahuja. ChurchillLivingston, pp. 32; 1989.
5. K K Talwar. Preexcitation EP studies when & why. API Postgraduate Medicine, ed. M C Gupta. Proceedings of CME programme API, pp. 76-80; 1991.
6. K K Talwar and H S Wasir. In Synocope – Aetiology, Evaluation, Management & Prevention, ed. H S Wasir, Vikas Publishing House, Pvt. Ltd. pp. 352; 1991.
7. K K Talwar, V Gupta, U Kaul, M M S Ahuja, and M L Bhatia. Electrophysiological studies in patients with thyrotoxicosis. In Recent Progress in Thyroidology, ed. A Vighayanrat. CrystalHouse Press, pp. 506; 1986.
8. K K Talwar, and H S Wasir. In Cardiac Arrhythmia in Elderly – When and How to Treat? ed. H S Wasir. Vikas Publishing House, pp. 304; 1992.
9. K K Talwar, and R Narang. In Pharmacological Treatment of Cardiomyopathies, eds. S D Seth, S C Manchanda and SandeepSeth. CBS Publishers, pp. 267; 1992.
10. K K Talwar, V Kumar, P Chopra, S Sharma, V K Bhal, S Shrivastava, and H S Wasir. Endomyocardial biopsy study in patients with restrictive Cardiomyopathy. In Endomyocardial Fibrosis, eds. M S Valiathan, K Somers, C C Kartha. OxfordUniversity Press, pp. 185; 1993.
11. K K Talwar. Diagnosis and Treatment of Dilated cardiomyopathy. In API Postgraduate Medicine Vol. 11, pp. 209; 1997.
12. S Seth, and KK Talwar. Cardiovascular involvement in non-specific aorto arteritis. In Nonspecific Aorto Arteritis, ed. M Panja. 2001.
13. K K Talwar, S Seth, and Saxena. Diagnosis of Rheumatic Fever: Looking beyond Jones Criteria. In Medicine Update 12, pp. 77; 2002.
14. S K Gupta, D S Arya, U Singh and K K Talwar. Effects of diabetes mellitus on hemodynamic and cardiometabolic correlates. In Experimental Myocardial Infarction Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease: Etiology, Treatment and Outcomes, eds. A Angelet al.Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2001.
15. S Seth, MK Rohit, and K K Talwar. Rheumatic Fever in India: an update. In Tropical Heart Disease in India, ed M Panja. pp. 11-18; 2005.
16. K K Talwar, and MK Rohit. Mitral stenosis. (Jeroen J. Bax ed). In Cardiovascular Imaging: A handbook for clinical practice, ed. J Bax, C Kramer, T Marwick and W Wijns. Blackwell, pp. 3-12; 2006.
17. K K Talwar Cardio-Vascular Diseases : Then and Now, Sixty years of WHO in South-East Asia. Highlights : 1948-2008 (WHO Regional Publications, South-East Asia Series, No 45), pp 263-283
PAPERS IN INTERNATIONAL AND NATIONAL JOURNALS
1. G K Rastogi, R C Sawhney, K K Talwar. Serum and urinary thyroid hormones during infective fever. Horm.Metab Res. B8; 409, 1976.
2. K K Talwar, P L Wahi. Pregnancy with heart disease. Indian Practitioner. 511, 1976.
3. K K Talwar, R C Sawhney, G K Rastogi. Serum levels of thyrotropin, thyroid hormones and their response to thyrotropin releasing hormone in infective febrile illnesses. J Clin.Endocrinol.Metab. 44; 398, 1977.
4. K K Talwar, P S Bidwai, H N Khattri, H Singh, R K Puri, J S Gujral, et al. Isolated interruption of aortic arch. Indian Heart J. 30; 62, 1978.
5. K K Talwar, P L Wahi. Atrial hypertension. Current Medical Practice. 31; 45, 1979.
6. K K Talwar, R P Sapru, H N Khattri, P S Bidwai,P L Wahi. Verapamil in cardiac arrhythmia. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 21(1); 1-9, 1979.
7. K K Talwar, P L Wahi. Pregnancy and heart disease. J Assoc Physicians India. 27; 995, 1979.
8. K K Talwar, R Dhand. Positive 'Master's Exercise’ test with slowing of heart rate. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 31; 229, 1979.
9. K K Talwar, B K Sharma. Myocardial damage following barium chloride poisoning. Indian Heart J. 31; 244, 1979.
10. K K Talwar, B N Dutta. A case of atrial septal defect weekly clinicopathological conference. Bull PGI. 12; 2, 1979.
11. K K Talwar, P S Bidwai, H N Khattari, P L Wahi. Electrophysiological studies in patients with Freidrich’s ataxia. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 21; 1, 1979.
12. K K Talwar, R P Sapru, R J Dash, G K Rastogi, P L Wahi. Systolic time interval in acromegaly. J Assoc Physicians India. 27; 1075, 1979.
13. K K Talwar, R P Sapru, P L Wahi. Electrophysiological studies in the Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome. Indian Heart J. 31; 2, 06-113, 1979.
14. B K Sharma, K K Talwar, V Bhatnagar, L Kumar, N K Ganguly, R C Mahajan. Recurrent anaphylaxis due to Plasmodium vivax infection. Lancet. 1; 1340, 1979.
15. P L Wahi, K K Talwar, N K Ganguly, P S Bidwai, I S Anand. Immunological studies in infective endocarditis. J.Mol.Cell.Cardiol. 12; 175, 1980.
16. P L Wahi, K K Talwar, R P Sapru. Non-surgical extraction of a broken catheter sheath lodged in the right atrium, using a Dormia ureteral stone dislodger. Br.Heart J. 44; 349, 1980.
17. K K Talwar, R P Sapru, R J Dash, G K Rastogi, P L Wahi, I S Anand. Systolic time interval in myxoedma. Bull. PGI. 13(1); 6-10, 1980.
18. B K Sharma, K K Talwar. Sodium Nitroprusside in treatment of hypertensive emergencies. Indian Heart J. 32; 291, 1980.
19. K K Talwar, R P Sapru. First degree block in Kent bundle. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 31; 224, 1980.
20. K K Talwar, D K Jain, B K Sharma. Verapamil-As an antihypertension agent-Evaluation of oral and IV Therapy. Bull. PGI. 14; 152, 1980.
21. R P Sapru, K K Talwar, P L Wahi. Rate dependence of QRS morphology in the Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome. Indian Heart J. 32; 382, 1980.
22. C K Vyas, K K Talwar, V Bhatnagar, B K Sharma. Steroid-induced benign intracranial hypertension. Postgrad.Med.J. 57; 181, 1981.
23. K K Talwar, R P Sapru, P L Wahi. Brady–Tachyarrythmias in Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome treated with permanent trasvenous pacing and amiodarone hydrochloride. Indian Heart J. 33; 52, 1981.
24. K K Talwar, A Lal, K Dhall, I S Anand, P L Wahi. Study of left ventricle function during pregnancy using the non invasive technique of systolic time interval. Ind. J. of Med. Res. 33; 673, 1982.
25. K K Talwar, R J Dash, R P Sapru, P L Wahi. Systolic time interval in Thyrotoxicosis. J Assoc Physicians India. 30; 585, 1982.
26. S C Varma, K K Talwar, S P Kaushik, B K Sharma. Association of von Recklinghausen's neurofibromatosis with adult polycystic disease of kidneys and liver. Postgrad.Med.J. 58; 117, 1982.
27. N Edvardsson, S Holmberg, K K Talwar, S B Olsson. Electrophysiological effects of lidocaine in acute myocardial infarction with bifascicular block or complete A-V block. Cardiology. 70; 333, 1983 .
28. P L Wahi, K K Talwar, N K Ganguly, A K Khanna, P S Bidwai, I S Anand. Immunologic studies in infective endocarditis. Adv.Myocardiol. 4:227-32; 227, 1983.
29. K K Talwar, J C Mohan, M L Bhatia. Rate related trifascicular block. Indian Heart J. 35; 114, 1983.
30. S Sharma, K K Talwar, N K Ganguly, H S Risam, B K Sharma. Cell mediated immunity in hypertension – preliminary observation. Bull. PGI. 17; 159, 1983.
31. H S Wasir, R B Mittal, K Subramanyan, M Rajani, S Mukherjee, S C Manchanda, et al. Correlation of Exercise induced ‘R’ Wave changes and systolic Blood Pressure response with coronary angiographic findings. Indian Heart J. 36; 50-55, 1984.
32. K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Unmasking of anomalous conduction pathway following isosorbide dinitrate. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 26; 181, 1984.
33. K K Talwar, A Gupta. Spontaneous vagal mediated atypical A V nodal Wencheback block. Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci. 26; 54, 1984.
34. K K Talwar, T Titus, M L Bhatia. His bundle electrogram and spatial vectrocardiography in left bundle branch block. Indian Heart J. 36; 245, 1984.
35. K K Talwar, P Blomstrom, N Edvardsson, G William-Olsson, S B Olsson. Spatial vectorcardiography in the Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome: correlation with epicardial mapping findings. Pacing Clin.Electrophysiol. 7; 979, 1984.
36. S B Olsson, H Broman, C Hellstrom, K K Talwar, R Volkmann. Adaptation of human atrial muscle repolarisation after high rate stimulation. Cardiovasc.Res. 19; 7, 1985.
37. K K Talwar, S S Kothari, M L Bhatia. Bronchospasm following ergometrine testing for coronary spasm. Am Heart J. 109; 1415, 1985.
38. K K Talwar, N Edvardsson, E Varnauskas. Paroxysmal vagally mediated AV block with recurrent syncope. Clin.Cardiol. 8; 337, 1985.
39. B K Sharma, K K Talwar, and P S Bidwai. Renal functions in cyanotic heart disease. Ind. J. Nephrology. 1; 18, 1985.
40. K K Talwar, A Bhattacharya, P S Bidwai, H N Khattri and P L Wahi. Electrophysiological studies in patient of bradyarrhythmia associated with mital stenosis. Ind. J. Chest Dis. & Allied Sciences. 27; 11, 1985.
41. K K Talwar. Stable angina pectoris – drug. Continuing Education for General Practitioners. 61; 5, 1985.
42. K K Talwar, N Edvardsson, S Holmberg. Predictive value of disopyramide provocation in chronic bifascicular block- Long term follow up with a bradycardia indicating pacemaker. Indian Heart J. 37; 1985.
43. A K Ganjoo, R K Panda, A S Kumar, K K Talwar. Chronic constrictive pericarditis with rheumatic mitral senosis. Indian Heart J. 38; 158, 1986.
44. K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Management of supraventricular achyarrhythmia. Drug Bulletin PGI. 9; 1, 1986.
45. K K Talwar, S Subramaniam, M L Bhatia. Spatial vectorcardiographic (VCG) features of myocardial infarction with right ventricle (RV) endocardial pacing. Indian Heart J. 38; 2, 1986.
46. S Bhandari, K K Talwar. Carotid sinus syncope: Is pacing required in all patients? Report of two cases and review of literature. Ind. J. Chest Dis. & Allied Sciences. 28; 174, 1986.
47. S Radhakrishanan, U Kaul, R Gupta, A Malhotra, K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Exercise induced ventricular tachycardia. Ind. J Chest Dis. & Allied Sciences, 28; 169, 1986.
48. U Kaul, S S Kothari, J C Mohan, K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Ajmaline stress testing in chronic bifascicular block. Ind. J. Chest Dis. & Allied Sciences 28; 126, 1986.
49. S Bhandari, K K Talwar, U Kaul, M L Bhatia. Value of physical and pharmacological tests in predicting intrinsic and extrinsic sick sinus syndrome. Int.J Cardiol. 12; 203, 1986.
50. U Kaul, G S Kalra and K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. The value of intracardiac electrophysiologic techniques in recurrent syncope of "unknown cause". Int. J Cardiol. 10; 23, 1986.
51. S B Olsson, N Cai, M Dohnal, K K Talwar. Electrophysiological mechanism of a a-v nodal conducting during artrial fibrillation in the presumed normal a-v node. Evidence of a dual AV nodal input and role of the autonomic nervous system. New Trends in Arrhythmia. 2; 239, 1986.
52. S B Olsson, N Cai, M Dohnal, K K Talwar. Noninvasive support for and characterization of multiple intranodal pathways in patients with mitral valve disease and atrial fibrillation. Eur.Heart J. 7; 320, 1986.
53. S Radhakrishnan, K K Talwar, R Kaushal, M L Bhatia. Respiratory arrest with i.v. verapamil. Am Heart J. 111; 622, 1986.
54. K K Talwar, J C Mohan, M L Bhatia. Escape rhythm and paroxysmal tachyarrhythmia originating from the right bundle. J Electrocardiol. 19; 295, 1986.
55. U Kaul, A K Baharani, A Malhotra, K P Gopinathan, K K Talwar. Prognostic implications of complex ventricular ectopy in pts with and without heart disease. Int.J Cardiol. 14; 79, 1987.
56. J Narula, K K Talwar, A Bharani, S Mukhopadhyaya, M Rajani, M L Bhatia. Pulmonary varix associated with mitral valve disease. Cathet.Cardiovasc.Diagn. 13; 411, 1987.
57. K K Talwar, V Dev, M L Bhatia. Ajmaline induced intra-Hisian block. Int.J Cardiol. 15; 109, 1987.
58. K K Talwar, V Gupta, U Kaul, M M Ahuja, M L Bhatia. Electrophysiological studies in thyrotoxicosis with and without associated sick sinus syndrome. Clin.Cardiol. 10; 249, 1987.
59. K K Talwar, R Bajaj, S S Kothari, M.M.S Ahuja, M L Bhatia. Tricupsid Regurgitation in Thyrotoxicosis. Indian Heart J. 39; 353, 1987.
60. K K Talwar, G Garg, P Chopra, M L Bhatia. Endomyocardial biopsy in patients with ventricular tacharhythmia of unexplained aetiology. Indian Heart J. 40; 338, 1988.
61. K K Talwar, P Chopra, J Narula, S K Singh, S Shrivastava, S Sharma,et al. Inflammatory myocarditis in Non specific aortoarteritis: An Endomyocardial biopsy study. Ind. J. of Heart Res. 16; 1988.
62. K K Talwar, P Chopra, S Shrivastava, J Narula, S K Singh, M L Bhatia. Inflammatory myocarditis in Takayasu Aortoarteritis and role of immunosuppressive therapy. Indian Heart J. 40; 307, 1988.
63. U Kaul, V Dev, J Narula, A K Malhotra, K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Evaluation of patients with bundle branch block and "unexplained" syncope: a study based on comprehensive electrophysiologic testing and ajmaline stress. Pacing Clin.Electrophysiol. 11; 289, 1988.
64. S Radhakrishnan, U Kaul, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Sudden bradyarrhythmic death in dilated cardiomyopathy: a case report. Pacing Clin.Electrophysiol. 11; 1369, 1988.
65. K K Talwar, S Radhakrishnan, P Chopra. Myocarditis manifesting as persistent atrial standstill. Int.J Cardiol. 20; 283, 1988.
66. K K Talwar, P Chopra, J Narula, S Shrivastava, S K Singh, S Sharmaet al. Myocardial involvement and its response to immunosuppressive therapy in nonspecific aortoarteritis (Takayasu's disease)--a study by endomyocardial biopsy. Int.J Cardiol. 21; 323, 1988.
67. K K Talwar, J C Mohan, J Narula, U Kaul, M L Bhatia. Spatial quantitative vectorcardiography in aortic stenosis: correlation with hemodynamic findings. Int.J Cardiol. 18; 151, 1988.
68. S B Olsson, N Cai, N Edvardsson, K K Talwar. Prediction of terminal atrial myocardial repolarisation from incomplete phase 3 data. Cardiovasc.Res. 23; 53, 1989.
69. S Sharma, S Aggarwal, K K Talwar, M Rajani. Intravenous digital subtraction angiography in non-specific aorto-arteritis. Br.J Radiol. 62; 117, 1989.
70. A S Sundar, K K Talwar, P Chopra. Primary cardiac amyloidosis with pathologic hip fracture secondary to bone amyloid. Int.J Cardiol. 22; 272, 1989.
71. K K Talwar, S Radhakrishnan, V Hariharan, M L Bhatia. Spatial vectorcardiogram in acute inferior wall myocardial infarction: its utility in identification of patients prone to complete heart block. Int.J Cardiol. 24; 289, 1989.
72. K K Talwar, J Narula, V Dev, M L Bhatia. Evaluation of spatial R maximum cardiac vector changes in exercise testing: pre-exercise versus post-exercise measurements. Int.J Cardiol. 24; 293, 1989.
73. K K Talwar, G S Rao, U Nayar, M L Bhatia. Clinical significance of high frequency QRS potentials in myocardial infarction: analysis based on power spectrum of lead III. Cardiovasc.Res. 23; 60, 1989.
74. K K Talwar, A Garg, P Chopra, M L Bhatia. Study of myocardial morphology in patients with complex ventricular arrhythmia of unexplained aetiology using endomyocardial biopsy. Cardiovascular world Report. 2; 76, 1989.
75. P Chopra, J Narula, K K Talwar, V Kumar, M L Bhatia. Histomorphologic characteristics of endomyocardial fibrosis: an endomyocardial biopsy study. Hum.Pathol. 21; 613, 1990.
76. P Malhotra, K K Talwar, P Chopra, R Kumar. Erythroleukaemia and daunorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in a young boy. Br.J Clin.Pract. 44; 633, 1990.
77. S Sharma, M Rajani, T Kamalakar, A Kumar, K K Talwar. The association between aneurysm formation and systemic hypertension in Takayasu's arteritis. Clin.Radiol. 42; 182, 1990.
78. S Sharma, T Kamalakar, M Rajani, K K Talwar, S Shrivastava. The incidence and patterns of pulmonary artery involvement in Takayasu's arteritis. Clin.Radiol. 42; 177, 1990.
79. S Sharma, M Rajani, U Kaul, K K Talwar, V Dev, S Shrivastava. Initial experience with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in the management of Takayasu's arteritis. Br.J Radiol. 63; 517, 1990.
80. K K Talwar, J P Narula, P Chopra. Myocarditis and myocardial interstitial fibrosis in constrictive pericarditis--an extended pathological spectrum? Int.J Cardiol. 29; 241, 1990.
81. R Saxena, K K Talwar, V K Kotta, Y R Rao, S R Salam, A K Sarya. Evaluation of factors predisposing to arterial thrombosis. Indian Heart J. 42; 433, 1990
82. S N Sharma, K K Talwar, M L Bhatia. Aconite induced reversible ventricular dysarrhythmi. J Assoc Physicians India. 38; 381, 1990.
83. S N Sharma, U Kaul, S Sharma, H S Wasir, S C Manchanda, V K Bhal, K K Talwar, M Rajani, M L Bhatia. Coronary angiographic profile in young and old Indian patients with ishaemic heart disease. Indian Heart J. 42; 433, 1990.
84. V Dev, K K Talwar, K Goswami, P Chopra. Inflammatory myocarditis presenting as acute myocardial infarction. Indian Heart J. 42; 189, 1990.
85. L Dawson, K K Talwar, P Chopra. Significance of pathological parameters of endomyocardial biopsy in clinical outcome of patient of DCM. Ii. Cardiac immune complexes and heart reactive antibodies. Indian Heart J. 43; 421, 1991.
86. P Chopra, A Mishra, K K Talwar. Prognostic significance of pathological parameters of EMB in clinical outcome of patient of Dilated cardiomyopathy Quantitative morphometric analysis. Indian Heart J. 43; 415, 1991.
87. S N Sharma, K K Talwar. Transvascular endomyocardial biopsy in clinical practice. J Assoc Physicians India. 39; 949, 1991.
88. R K Kumar, A Saxena, K K Talwar. Lone atrial fibrillation with complete heart block in a child. Int.J Cardiol. 30; 349, 1991.
89. B K Sharma, S Sagar, P L Wahi, K K Talwar, S Singh, L Kumar. Blood pressure in schoolchildren in northwest India. Am J Epidemiol. 134; 1417, 1991.
90. S Sharma, M Rajani, T Kamalakar, K K Talwar, K R Sunderam. Clinical and angiographic features of nonspecific aorto-arteritis in children and adults. Acta Radiol. 32; 485, 1991.
91. S Sharma, M Rajani, S Shrivastava, U Kaul, T Kamalakar, K K Talwar, A Saxena. Non-specific aorto-arteritis (Takayasu's disease) in children. Br.J Radiol. 64; 690, 1991.
92. K K Talwar, K Kumar, P Chopra, S Sharma, S Shrivastava, H S Wasir, M Rajani, R Tandon. Cardiac involvement in nonspecific aortoarteritis (Takayasu's arteritis). Am Heart J. 122; 1666, 1991.
93. K K Talwar, R Agarwal, Y V Rao. Permanent pacing by percutaneous subclavian vein in small children. Am Heart J. 122; 1796, 1991.
94. K K Talwar, K C Goswami, V Dev, A Malhotra. Value of exercise vectorcardiography and exercise radionuclide ventriculography in identification of coronary arterial disease in patients with left bundle branch block. Int.J Cardiol. 32; 323, 1991.
95. K K Talwar, V Dev, P Chopra, T H Dave, S Radhakrishnan. Persistent atrial standstill-clinical, electrophysiological, and morphological study. Pacing Clin.Electrophysiol. 14; 1274, 1991.
96. A Saxena, S Shrivastava, V Dev, K K Talwar, U Kaul, R Tandon. Congenital complete heart block in structurally normal heart--a study of 44 cases. Indian Heart J. 44; 43, 1992.
97. A Saxena, A Mathur, K S Iyer, K K Talwar. Congenital complete heart block in a neonate. Am Heart J. 123; 1706, 1992.
98. S Sharma, S Arya, K K Talwar, S N Mehta, M Rajani. Renal vein injury during percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in nonspecific aortoarteritis. Cardiovasc.And Interventional Radiology. 4; 219, 1992.
99. S Sharma, M Rajani, K K Talwar. Angiographic morphology in nonspecific aortoarteritis (Takayasu's arteritis): a study of 126 patients from north India. Cardiovasc.Intervent.Radiol. 15; 160, 1992.
100. S Sharma, A Saxena, K K Talwar, U Kaul, S N Mehta, M Rajani. Renal artery stenosis caused by nonspecific arteritis (Takayasu disease): results of treatment with percutaneous transluminal angioplasty. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 158; 417, 1992.
101. K K Talwar, K C Goswami, P Chopra, V Dev, S Shrivastava, A Malhotra. Immunosuppressive therapy in inflammatory myocarditis: long-term follow-up. Int.J Cardiol. 34; 157, 1992.
102. S N Tandon, S M Rahman, J S Sahambi, S Goel, K K Talwar. An 8086-based Holter arrhythmia monitor. Front Med.Biol.Eng. 4; 219, 1992.
103. A Saxena, K K Talwar, S Sharma. Percutaneous removal of a nonradio-opaque venous d sheath from the common iliac vein using a Dormia basket. Indian Heart J. 44; 249, 1992.
104. A Saxena, S Shrivastava, V Dev, K K Talwar, U Kaul, R Tandon. Congenital complete heart block in structurally normal, heart. Indian Heart J. 44; 43, 1992.
105. K K Talwar, V Kumar, R Aggarwal, P Chopra,H S Wasir. Cardiac amylodosis: Haemodynamic echocardiographic and endomyocardial biopsy study. Indian Heart J. 44; 387, 1992.
106. S N Sharma, S Chandra, V K Bhal, K K Talwar, G Das, R Krishanan. Doppler indices in restrictive heart disease. Indian Heart J. 45; 377, 1993.
107. R Dhingra, K K Talwar, P Chopra,R Kumar. An enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for detection of anti-aorta antibodies in Takayasu arteritis patients. Int.J Cardiol. 40; 237, 1993.
108. J Narula, P Chopra, K K Talwar, K S Reddy, R S Vasan, R Tandon, M L Bhatia, J F Southern. Does endomyocardial biopsy aid in the diagnosis of active rheumatic carditis? Circulation. 88; 2198, 1993.
109. S Ramamurthy, K K Talwar, K C Goswami, S Shrivastava, P Chopra, S Broor, A Malhotra. Clinical profile of biopsy proven idiopathic myocarditis. Int.J Cardiol. 41; 225, 1993.
110. S Sharma, K K Talwar, M Rajani. Coronary artery to pulmonary artery collaterals in nonspecific aortoarteritis involving the pulmonary arteries. Cardiovasc.Intervent.Radiol. 16; 111, 1993.
111. S Sharma, S Arya, S N Mehta, K K Talwar, M Rajani. Renal vein injury during percutaneous transluminal renal angioplasty in nonspecific aortoarteritis. Cardiovasc.Intervent.Radiol. 16; 114, 1993.
112. K K Talwar, R S Vasan, S Sharma, P Chopra, S Shrivastava, A Malhotra. Non-specific aortoarteritis: long-term follow-up on immunosuppressive therapy. Int.J Cardiol. 39; 79, 1993.
113. V K Bahl, S Chandra, K K Talwar, U Kaul, S C Manchanda, S Sharma, H S Wasir. Influence of subvalvular fibrosis on results and complications of percutaneous mitral commissurotomy with use of the Inoue balloon. Am Heart J. 127; 1554, 1994.
114. V K Bahl, S Chandra, K K Talwar, U Kaul, S Sharma, H S Wasir. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy in 390 cases using the Inoue balloon catheter. Int.J Cardiol. 46; 223, 1994.
115. V K Bahl, S Chandra, S S Kothari, K K Talwar, S Sharma, U Kaul, M Rajani, H S Wasir. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy using Inoue catheter in juvenile rheumatic mitral stenosis. Cathet.Cardiovasc.Diagn. Suppl 2:82-6; 82, 1994.
116. V K Bahl, S Chandra, K K Talwar, S Sharma, U Kaul, H S Wasir. Percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy for restenosis after surgical mitral valvotomy. Clin.Cardiol. 17; 648, 1994.
117. R Goswami, P Shah, C S Bal, B Singh, A C Ammini, K K Talwar. Thyrotoxicosis, rheumatic heart disease and fever. Int.J Cardiol. 47; 31, 1994.
118. A Kumar, S B Lall, A Ammini, S S Peshin, M G Karmarkar, K K Talwar, S D Seth. Screening of a population of young hypertensives for primary hyperaldosteronism. J Hum.Hypertens. 8; 731, 1994.
119. S Ramamurthy, K K Talwar, A Saxena, R Juneja, D Takkar. Prosthetic mitral valve thrombosis in pregnancy successfully treated with streptokinase. Am Heart J. 127; 446, 1994.
120. K K Talwar, S Varma, P Chopra, H S Wasir. Endomyocardial biopsy--technical aspects experience and current status. An Indian perspective. Int.J Cardiol. 43; 327, 1994.
121. V K Bahl, S Chandra, K K Talwar, U Kaul, S Sharma, H S Wasir. Balloon mitral valvotomy in patients with systemic and suprasystemic pulmonary artery pressures. Cathet.Cardiovasc.Diagn. 36; 211, 1995.
122. A Mathur, S S Kothari, K K Talwar, H S Wasir. Blocked central lumen of Inoue balloon during PTMC--a simple solution. Cathet.Cardiovasc.Diagn. 35; 183, 1995.
123. A Saxena, K K Talwar, S Shrivastava, P Venugopal, A Malhotra. Late rhythm abnormalities after surgical repair of Tetralogy of Fallot. Non invasive and Invasive evaluation. Indian Heart J. 47; 223, 1995.
124. B Singh, U Kaul, K K Talwar. Coexistance of preexcitation Mobitiz Type II Kent bundle block and complete infrahisian Block in a patient with syncope. Indian Heart J. 47; 146, 1995.
125. B Singh, K K Talwar, U Kaul, H S Wasir. Radiofrequency catheter ablation of intra atrial reentrant tachycardia. Indian Heart J. 53; 47, 1995,
126. S Chander, P Chopra, K K Talwar. Immunohistochemical characterization and quantitative evaluation of lymphomononuclear cell in dilated cardiomyopathy – An Endomyocardial biopsy study. Indian Heart J. 36; 47, 1995.
127. K K Talwar, B Singh, P Goel, A Saxena, V K Bhal, U Kaul, H S Wasir. In hospital results of radiofrequency ablation of supraventricular tachycardial. Indian Heart J. 48; 685, 1996.
128. K K Talwar, B Singh, P Goel, A Saxena, V K Bhal, U Kaul, H S Wasir. Radiofrequency ablation of idiopathetic ventricular tachycardia. Indian Heart J. 48; 49, 1996.
129. D K Jhamb, B Singh, B Sharda, U Kaul, P Goel, K K Talwar, H S Wasir. Comparative study of the efficacy of metoprolol and verapamil in patients with syncope and positive head-up tilt test response. Am Heart J. 132; 608, 1996.
130. U Kaul, B Singh, K K Talwar. Embolization of a Wiktor stent within a stent: successful nonsurgical management. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Diagn. 38; 277, 1996.
131. B Singh, U Kaul, K K Talwar, H S Wasir. Reversibility of "tachycardia induced cardiomyopathy" following the cure of idiopathic left ventricular tachycardia using radiofrequency energy. Pacing Clin.Electrophysiol. 19; 1391, 1996.
132. K K Talwar, B Bhargava, PT Upasani, S Verma, T Kamlakar, P Chopra. Hemodynamic predictors of early intolerance and long-term effects of propranolol in dilated cardiomyopathy. J Card Fail. 2; 273, 1996.
133. V K Bahl, S Chandra, D K Jhamb, K C Goswami, R Juneja, D Thatai, K K Talwar, H S Wasir. Balloon mitral valvotomy: comparison between antegrade Inoue and retrograde non-transseptal techniques. Eur.Heart J. 18; 1765, 1997.
134. K C Goswami, R Narang, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda. Comparative evaluation of transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography in detection of left atrial thrombus before percutaneous transvenous mitral commissurotomy. Do all patients need transesophageal examination? Int.J Cardiol. 19; 62; 237, 1997.
135. S C Reddy, P Kamath, K K Talwar, A Saxena, H S Wasir. Guide wire outer coat shearing and embolisation: an unusual complication of pericardiocentesis. Int.J Cardiol. 60; 15, 1997.
136. A Saxena, K K Talwar, S Srivastava, B Airan, D Thatai, P Chopra, P Venugopal. Serial echocardiography in transplanted heart: An initial report of five cases. Indian Heart J. 49; 279, 1997.
137. B Airan, R Mehrotra, K K Talwar, K Taneja, P Venugopal. Aortoaortic bypass: Indication, techniques and results. Indian Heart J. 49; 303, 1997.
138. B Singh R Gupta, U Kaul, K K Talwar, B Sharda, H S Wasir. Analysis of local electrograms at successful and unsuccessful sites for slow pathway ablation of AV nodal reentrant tachycardia. Indian Heart J. 49; 397, 1997.
139. B Singh, K K Talwar, U Kaul, SS Kothari, A Saxena, H S Wasir. Radiofrequency catheter ablation of accessory pathways in association with congenital heart disease. Indian Heart J. 49; 198, 1997.
140. P Chopra, A Joshi, K K Talwar, B Airan, S Shrivastava, P Venugopal, Pathology of Cardiac Transplantation – The initial experience. National Medical J of India 10; 264, 1997.
141. S Agarwal,K K Talwar. Complete heart block in Thyrotoxcosis – an electrophysiological study. J Assoc Physicians India. 45; 244, 1997.
142. R Dhingra, P Chopra, K K Talwar, R Kumar. Enzyme linked immunoserbent assay and immunoblot study in Takayasu’s arteritis patients. Indian Heart J. 50; 428, 1998.
143. R Gulati, P Chopra, K K Talwar, R Kumar. Effect of endothelial cells on the lymphoproliferative response in Takayasu arteritis. Indian Heart J. 50; 69, 1998.
144. R Agarwal, B Bhargava, U Kaul, M B Rao, V K Behl, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda. Long-term outcome of intracoronary microstent implantation: lesion matched comparison with Palmaz-Schatz stent. Cathet. Cardiovasc. Diagn. 43; 397, 1998.
145. R Agarwal, B Bhargava, R Sapra, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, S Ramamurthy, S C Manchanda. Extrasupport guidewire as primary wire for percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty. Cathet.Cardiovasc.Diagn. 43; 365, 1998.
146. S S Kothari, K K Talwar, P Venugopal. Septal course of the left main coronary artery from right aortic sinus and ventricular tachycardia. Int.J Cardiol. 66; 207, 1998.
147. N K Mehra, R Jaini, A Balamurugan, U Kanga, D Prabhakaran, S Jain, K K Talwar, B K Sharma. Immunogenetic analysis of Takayasu arteritis in Indian patients. Int.J Cardiol. 66 Suppl 1:S127-32; discussion S133.; S127, 1998.
148. K C Goswami, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, S Shrivastava, S C Manchanda. Percutaneous balloon mitral valvuloplasty using the Inoue balloon: analysis of echocardiographic and other variables related to immediate outcome. Int.J Cardiol. 68; 261, 1999.
149. J Narula, A Malhotra, T Yasuda, K K Talwar, K S Reddy, P Chopra, J F Southern, R S Vasan, R Tandon, M L Bhatia, B A Khaw, H W Strauss. Usefulness of antimyosin antibody imaging for the detection of active rheumatic myocarditis. Am J Cardiol. 84; 946, 1999.
150. S Sharma, V K Bahl, A Saxena, S S Kothari, K K Talwar, M Rajani. Stenosis in the aorta caused by non-specific aortitis: results of treatment by percutaneous stent placement. Clin.Radiol. 54; 46, 1999.
151. P Chopra, R Ray, B Airan, K.K. Talwar, P Venugopal. Appraisal of histogenesis of cardiac myxoma. Experience of 78 cases and review of literature. Indian Heart J. 51; 69, 1999.
152. S Mishra, K K Talwar. Management of paroxysmal atrial tachycardia. Heart Bulletin. 2; 11, 1999.
153. S Mishra, K K Talwar. Supraventricular Tachycardia: Diagnosis and treatment. Cardiology Today. 1999.
154. V Chopra, K K Talwar. Role of ambulatory ECG monitoring current status. Asian Journal of Clinical Cardiology 2; 26, 1999.
155. A Mathur, B Airan, A Bhan, R Sharma, A Sampath Kumar, K K Talwar, P Chopra, P Venugopal. Non-Myxomatous cardiac tumours: twenty year experience. Indian Heart J. 52; 319, 2000.
156. V Chopra, B Singh, K K Talwar, R Juneja, S C Manchanda. Two-catheter approach for ablation of accessory pathways in different locations. Indian Heart J. 52; 324, 2000
157. K C Goswami, R Yadav, M B Rao, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda. Clinical and echocardiographic predictors of left atrial clot and spontaneous echo contrast in patients with severe rheumatic mitral stenosis: a prospective study in 200 patients by transesophageal echocardiography. Int.J Cardiol. 73; 273, 2000.
158. D Gupta, S S Kothari, V K Bahl, K C Goswami, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda, P Venugopal. Thrombolytic therapy for prosthetic valve thrombosis: short- and long-term results. Am Heart J. 140; 906, 2000.
159. S Ramamurthy, S C Manchanda, K K Talwar, R Agarwal, B Bhargava. Successful non surgical management of coronary artery perforation aided by implantation of a Bare Stent. J Intv.Cardiol. 13; 45, 2000.
160. S K Gupta, D S Arya, U Singh, K K Talwar. Effect of diabetes mellitus on hemodynamic and cardiometabolic correlates in experimental myocardial infarction. Adv.Exp.Med.Biol. 498:229-40; 229, 2001.
161. K K Talwar, N Naik. Etiology and management of sustained ventricular tachycardia. Am J Cardiovasc.Drugs. 1; 179, 2001.
162. K K Talwar, N Naik, R Juneja. Are drugs and catheter ablation effective for treating ventricular arrhythmias in populations that cannot afford implantable cardioverter defibrillators? Curr.Cardiol.Rep. 3; 459, 2001.
163. R Narang, S S Kothari, S Sharma, R Ramamurthy, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda. Aortic dissection in the intraatiral septum. Indian Heart J. 53; 110, 2001.
164. R Ray, S Chakraborty, J S Bajaj, B Airan, K K Talwar, P Venugopal, P Chopra. Fatal atypical mycobactorial infection in a cardiac transplant recipient. Indian Heart J. 53; 100, 2001.
165. S Grover, K K Talwar. Congenital prolonged QT syndrome classification mechanism & management. Asian Journal of Clinical Cardiology 3; 22, 2001.
166. S Mishra, R Narang, M Sharma, A Chopra, S Seth, S Ramamurthy, D Prabhakaran, K C Goswami, K K Talwar, S C Manchanda, V K Bahl. Percutaneous transseptal mitral commissurotomy in pregnant women with critical mitral stenosis. Indian Heart J. 53; 192, 2001.
167. R Juneja, S Shah, N Naik, S S Kothari, A Saxena, K K Talwar. Management of cardiomyopathy resulting from incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and children. Indian Heart J. 54; 176, 2002.
168. S Vallapuri, D Gupta, K K Talwar, M Billie, M C Mehta, A P Morise, A C Jain. Comparison of atherosclerotic risk factors in Asian Indian and American Caucasian patients with angiographic coronary artery disease. Am J Cardiol. 90; 1147, 2002.
169. N Bhatla, S Lal, G Behera, A Kriplani, S Mittal, N Agarwal, K K Talwar. Cardiac disease in pregnancy. Int.J Gynaecol.Obstet. 82; 153, 2003.
170. S Mukherjee, S K Banerjee, M Maulik, A K Dinda, K K Talwar, S K Maulik. Protection against acute adriamycin-induced cardiotoxicity by garlic: role of endogenous antioxidants and inhibition of TNF-alpha expression. BMC.Pharmacol. 20; 3:16. 16, 2003.
171. S Ramamurthy, K K Talwar, S Sharma. Extensive dissection requiring multiple stents following balloon angioplasty for non-specific aorto-arteritis. J Invasive.Cardiol. 15; 49, 2003.
172. N K Vikram, A Misra, M Dwivedi, R Sharma, R M Pandey, K Luthra, A Chatterjee, V Dhingra, B L Jailkhani, K K Talwar, R Guleria. Correlations of C-reactive protein levels with anthropometric profile, percentage of body fat and lipids in healthy adolescents and young adults in urban North India. Atherosclerosis. 168; 305, 2003.
173. N Naik, K K Talwar. Identification and Management of Venctricular Tachyardia. Journal of Indian Medical Association. 101, 62, 2003.
174. S Anandraja, N Naik, R Yadav, R Juneja, K K Talwar. Unusual migration of proximally detached pacemaker lead with coronary sinus. Indian Heart J. 55; 90, 2003.
175. G Gulati, S Sharma, S S Kothari, R Juneja, A Saxena, K K Talwar. Comparison of echo and MRI in the imaging evaluation of intracardiac masses. Cardiovasc.Intervent.Radiol. 27; 459, 2004.
176. S K Gupta, I Mohanty, K K Talwar, A Dinda, S Joshi, P Bansal, A Saxena, D S Arya. Cardioprotection from ischemia and reperfusion injury by Withania somnifera: a hemodynamic, biochemical and histopathological assessment. Mol.Cell Biochem. 260; 39, 2004.
177. A Misra, N K Vikram, S Arya, R M Pandey, V Dhingra, A Chatterjee, M Dwivedi, R Sharma, K Luthra, R Guleria, K K Talwar. High prevalence of insulin resistance in postpubertal Asian Indian children is associated with adverse truncal body fat patterning, abdominal adiposity and excess body fat. Int.J Obes.Relat Metab Disord. 28; 1217, 2004.
178. I Mohanty, A D Singh, A Dinda, S Joshi, K K Talwar, S K Gupta. Protective effects of Curcuma longa on ischemia-reperfusion induced myocardial injuries and their mechanisms. Life Sci. 75; 1701, 2004.
179. I Mohanty, D S Arya, A Dinda, K K Talwar, S Joshi, S K Gupta. Mechanisms of cardioprotective effect of Withania somnifera in experimentally induced myocardial infarction. Basic Clin.Pharmacol.Toxicol. 94; 184, 2004.
180. S Ramakrishnan, R Narang, G C Khilnani, S Kurian, A Saxena, S Sharma, K K Talwar. Wegener's granulomatosis mimicking prosthetic valve endocarditis. Cardiology. 102; 35, 2004.
181. S Seth, D Thatai, S Sharma, P Chopra, K K Talwar. Clinico-pathological evaluation of restrictive cardiomyopathy (endomyocardial fibrosis and idiopathic restrictive cardiomyopathy) in India. Eur.J Heart Fail. 6; 723, 2004.
182. S Anandaraja, R Narang, R Godeswar, R Laksmy, K K Talwar. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol estimation by a new formula in Indian population. Int.J Cardiol. 102; 117, 2005.
183. R P Balasundaram, G Karthikeyan, S S Kothari, K K Talwar, P Venugopal. Fibrinolytic treatment for recurrent left sided prosthetic valve thrombosis. Heart. 91; 821, 2005.
184. R Dhingra, K K Talwar, P Chopra, R Kumar. An Experimental Design for Induction of Non-Specific Aortoarteritis. Indian Heart J. 57(2);143, 2005.
185. M Rohit, S. Nandakumar, A Bahl, S Kubba, K K Talwar. Transcatheter Closure of Aortopulmonary Window. Indian Heart J. 57(2); 161, 2005.
186. S Seth, R Prakash, R Seth, K K Talwar. Screening for Pre-Clinical Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy by Tissue Doppler Imaging. Indian Heart J. 57(3); 245, 2005.
187. R Dhingra, K K Talwar, P Chopra, R Kumar. An experimental design for induction of non-specific aortoarteritis. Indian Heart J. 57(2); 143, 2005.
188. B Bhargava, P R Raju, G Karthikeyan, N K Reddy, S K Kapoor, R Narang, C Singh, J S Duggal, S Ramamurthy, D R Krishna, V K Bahl, K K Talwar, B SomaRaju. Clinical evaluation of an Indigenous Paclitaxel-Eluting Stent in De Novo Coronary Artery Stenosis. Indian Heart J. 58(1); 38, 2006.
189. V Hariram, K K Talwar. Healthy weight, health shape. Indian J Med Res. 122(3):187, 2005.
190. N.K. Vikram, Anoop Misra, R.M. Pandey, Manjar Dwivedi, Kalpana Luthra, Vibha Dhingra,K K Talwar. Association between subclinical inflammation & fasting insulin in urban young adult north Indian males. Indian J Med Res 124, 677-682, 2006.
191. S Seth, N K Goyal, P Jagia, G Gulati, Karthikeyan, S Sharma, K K Talwar. Carotid intima-medial thickness as a marker of disease activity in Takayasu’s arteritis. Int J Cardiol. 108; 385-90, 2006.
192. C D Singh, A Bahl, R M Kumar, K K Talwar. Inappropriate shock delivery by implantable Cardioverter defibrillator due to electrical intereference with washing machine. Internattioinal Journal of Cardiology, 118, 44-45, 2007.
193. Talwar K K, Mahajan R. Transient left ventricular apical ballooning – A novel acute cardiac syndrome. Indian Heart Journal. 59(1): 11-12, 2007.
194. Rohit M K, Garg P K, Talwar K K. Stent fracture after stent therapy for aortic coarclation: Nightmares in invasive cardiology. Indian Heart Journal 59(1): 77-79, 2007.
195. Rajiv Mahajan, Pushpender Kumar Garg, Manojkumar Rohit, K K Talwar. Calcified left ventricular aneurysm.Indian Heart J 2008; 60: 272.
196. M K Rohit, S K Bagga, K K Talwar. Double right coronary artery with acute inferior wall myocardial infarction. The Journal of Invasive Cardiology. 20(2), 37-40, 2008.
197. T S Rai, S Ahmad, A Bahl, M Ahuja, T S Ahluwalia, B Singh, K K Talwar, M Khullar. Genotype phenotype correlations of cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain mutations in Indian patients with hypertrophic and dilated cardiomyopathy. Mol Cell Biochem. 321(1-2), 189-96, 2009.
198. N Shafiq, S Reddy, P Pandhi, R Manoj, K K Talwar, S Malhotra. Sildenafil for pulmonary hypertension: Need for evidence generation. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 46 (12), 644-651, 2008.
199. R Mahajan, M K Rohit, K K Talwar. V-sense Episode in a Biventricular Pacemaker Device: What is the likely mechanism? PACE, 32:245-247, 2009.
200. M K Rohit, S S Reddy, R Sharma, R Mahajan, K K Talwar. Endovascular Repair of a Traumatic Axillary Artery Pseudoaneurysm. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 32(3), 598-600, 2009.
201. Siddhant Jain, K.K. Talwar. Evaluation of Target Organ Damage from Hypertension. Annals of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India), Theme: Current Concepts and Controversies in Hypertension. 45 (4):246-259, 2009.
202. S Ahmad, P S Otaal, T S Rai, A Bahl, U N Saikia, M K Rohit, M. Thungapatra, K K Talwar, M Khullar. Circulating proinflammatory cytokines and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide significantly decrease with recovery of left ventricular function in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. Mol Cell Biochem. 324(1-2), 139-45, 2009.
203. R Mahajan, M.K. Rohit, K K Talwar. Activation sequence change during left free wall pathway ablation: What is the mechanism?: Arrhythmia rounds
Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 20(10) ,1174-5, 2009.
204. S Ahmad, T S Rai, M Khullar, A Bahl, U N Saikia, M. Thungapatra, M K Rohit, K K Talwar. Decreased Myocardial Expression of Dystrophin and Titin mRNA and Protein in Dilated Cardiomyopathy: Possibly an Adverse Effect of TNF-α. 30(4), 520-30, 2010.
205. A Poduri, M Khullar, A Bahl, B.S. Sehrawat, Y P Sharma, K K Talwar. Common Variants of HMGCR, CETP, APOAI, ABCB1, CYP3A4, and CYP7A1 Genes as Predictors of Lipid-Lowering Response to Atorvastatin Therapy. DNA and Cell Biology. 29(10),629-37, 2010
206. H Kaur, V Suri, N Aggarwal, S Chopra, R Vijayvergiya, K K Talwar. Pregnancy in patients with Tetralogy of Fallot: Outcome and Management. World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 1(1-2):170-174, 2010.
207. R.C. Sobti, N Maithil, H Thakur, Y P Sharma, K K Talwar. Association of ACE and FACTOR VII gene variability with the risk of coronary heart disease in north Indian population. Mol Cell Biochem. 341:87-98, 2010.
208. R.C. Sobti, N Maithil, H Thakur, Y P Sharma, K K Talwar. VEGF and IL-4 gene variability and its association with the risk of coronary heart disease in Indian population. Mol Cell Biochem. 341(1-2):139-148, 2010.
209. R Mahajan, M.K. Rohit, A Bahl, K K Talwar. A limitation of tachycardia discrimination algorithm in a patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and intermittent complete heart block. PACE - Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology, 33(8) ,1035-7, 2010.
210. S. Reddy, A. Bahl, K K Talwar. Congestive heart failure in Indians: How do we improve diagnosis & management. Indian J Med Res. 132(5): 549–560, 2010
211. A.Aggarwal, M.K.Rohit, K K Talwar, Managing arrhythmia in acute myocardial infarction, Indian Heart Journal, 63 (1), 98-103, 2011
212. R.K.Dogra, R.Das, J.Ahluwalia, R.M.Kumar, K K Talwar. Prothrombotic gene polymorphisms and plasma factors in Young north Indian survivors of acute myocardial infarction. Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, 34 (2):276-282, 2012.
213. R.K.Dogra, R.Das, Ahluwalia, R.M.Kumar, K K Talwar. Association of Thrombomodulin levels with acute myocardial linfarction in North Indian patients. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis, 6:25, 2012.
214. R.Kaur, R.Das, J.Ahluwalia, R.M.Kumar, K K Talwar. Synergistic effect of angiotensin II type-I receptor 1166A/C with angiotensin-converting enzyme polymorphism on risk of acute myocardial infarction in north Indians. Journal of Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, 13(4):440-445, 2012.
215. M.Singh, K K Talwar. Putting the humanities back into medicine: some suggestions. Indian J Med Ethics Jan-Mar;10(1):54-5, 2013
216. K K Talwar and Meenu Singh. More Doctors for Healthcare Services in India. The Journal of Governance “Special issue on Health Care”. July ;7, 158-167, 2013
217. M.Rohit, A Gupta, K K Talwar. Heart failure in children in tropical regions. Curr Heart Fail Rep. Dec;10(4):277-84, 2013
218. V.Nair, H.Madan, S.Sofat , P.Ganguli, M.J.Jacob, R.Datta, P.Bharadwaj, R.S.Sarkar, A.J.Pandit, S.Nityanand, P.K.Goel, N.Garg, S.Gambhir, P.V.George, S.Chandy, V.Mathews, O.K.George, K K Talwar, A.Bahl, N.Marwah, A.Bhatacharya, B.Bhargava, B.Airan, S.Mohanty, C.D.Patel, A.Sharma, S.Bhatnagar, A.Mondal, J.Jose, A.Srivastava; MI3 Trial. Efficacy of stem cell in improvement of left ventricular function in acute myocardial infarction--MI3 Trial. Indian J Med Res. Aug;142(2):165-74, 2015
219. Uma Nahar Saikia, Ajay Bahl, Baijayantimala Mishra, Mrinalini Sharma, Vandana Kumari, K.K.Talwar. Pathology of cardiomyopathies : Experience at a tertiary care center. Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. May-August, 1(2)1-5, 2015.
220. M.Sharma, B.Mishra, U.N. Saikia, A.Bahl, R.K.Ratho, K K Talwar. Role of coxsackievirus and adenovirus receptor (CAR) expression and viral load of adenovirus and enterovirus in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. Arch Virol. Jan;161(1):87-94, 2016
221. K K Talwar. Time to revisit super-specality training programs in cardiology in India. Indian Heart J. Nov-Dec; 67(6):518-20, 2015
222. R.Kaur, R.Das, J.Ahluwalia, R.M.Manoj Kumar, K K Talwar. Genetic polymorphisms, biochemical factors and conventional risk factors in young and elderly North Indian patients with acute myocardial infarction. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis Vol 22(2) 178-183,2016
223. K K Talwar, Jatain Suman. Management of STEMI with heart failure. STEMI A Cardiology Update 819-824,2016
224. K K Talwar, Malhotra Samir. Medical Research in India: Time to Act. Journal of the Practice of Cardiovascular Sciences. 2: 71-74,2016
225. V Nair, H Madan, S Sofat, P Ganguli, M J Jacob, R Datta, P Bharadwaj, R S Sarkar, A J PanditJ, S Nityanand, P K Goel, N Garg, S Gambhir, P V George, S Chandy, V Mathews, O K George, K K Talwar, A Bahl, N Marwah, A Bhatacharya, B Bhargava, B Airan, S Mohanty, C D Patel, A Sharma, S Bhatnagar, A Mondal, J Jose, A Srivastava; for MI3 Trial. Authors' response. Indian J Med Res. Jun;143(6):833, 2016
226. K K Talwar , A.Gupta. Predictors of mortality in chronic rheumatic heart disease. Indian J Med Res. Sep;144(3):311-313, 2016
227. VM Padma, R Bhatia, G Kuruttukulam, A Alurkar, K K Talwar, D Khurana, S Kaul, V Suri, G Singh, V Huded. A call for neurologists to take up stroke intervention. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. Oct-Dec;19(4):429-432, 2016