Dr. Mohamed Nabih EL-Gharib
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Doctorate Degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology on April 1979.
Diploma in General Surgery on April 1974.
Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology on November 1971.
MB; BCH (Excellence & First Degree Honour) on June, 1969.
Diploma of Laparoscopic Surgery, Kiehl University on 1992.
Member of American Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Consultant of Obstetrics & Gynecology Medina Saudi_German Hospital in Saudi Arabia.
External Examiner in Treboli, Libia (2009)
Member of the Scientific Committee for Evaluation of Assistant Professors.
Member of the administration board of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Member of the administration board of the Egyptian Society of Fertility & Sterility.
Editor of Obstetrics Book for Medical Students
Editor of Gynaecology Book for Medical Students
Editor of Tanta Handbook of Gynecology. Published 2011.
Editor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Book Nursing Students
Supervised 80 theses in Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Having more than 60 researchers.
Grants and Awards
Management of Female Grants and Urinary Stress Incontinence.
- Tanta University Award for Excellence in performance, July 2012
- Tanta University discretion Award in Medical Science June 2004
1. Changes in Skeletal System during Pregnancy. Int Gyn & Women’s Health. Published: May 14, 2018; 1-3.
2. Early Prediction of Preeclampsia. Journal of Pregnancy and Newborncare. 2018; Volume 1 (1): 1-2.
3. Pregnancy after Liver Transplantation. Current Trends in Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2018; 1(1): 1-3.
4. High-heeled Shoes in Pregnancy. Journal of Pregnancy and Newborncare. 2018; 1(1): 1-3.
5. Value of Middle Cerebral Artery Doppler Study and Amniotic Fluid Index in Prediction of Perinatal Outcome of Prolonged Pregnancies. J Pregnancy Newborncare. 2018; Volume 1 (1): 001
6. Sex in Elderly Women. Reproductive System & Sexual Disorders: Current Research. Reprod Syst Sex Disord, an open access journal. 2018; 7 (1): 1-4.
7. Sex and Reproduction. Int J Sex Reprod Health Care 1(1): 001-005.
8. The Effects of Sertraline on Premenstrual Tension Syndrome. Journal of Basic and Clinical Reproductive Sciences • July-December. 2017 ; 6 (2): 155-161.
9. Transvaginal cervical length measurement at 22- to 26-week pregnancy in prediction of preterm births in twin pregnancies. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. 2017; ; 30(5): 729-732
10. Correlation between Insulin, Leptin and PCOS. Mohamed Nabih El-Gharib, and Thoraya E Badawy. J Basic Clin Reprod Sci. 2014;3(1).
11. Salivary Versus Serum Approaches in Assessment of Biochemical Hyperandrogenemia. Mohamed Nabih EL-Gharib, Sahar M Hazaa. J Basic Clin Reprod Sci. 2014; 3(1).
12. Prediction of gestational diabetes by measuring first-trimester maternal serum uric acid concentration. Mohamed Nabih El-Gharib, Amal E Mahfouz, Morad A Morad, Manal A Farahat. J Basic Clin Reprod Sci. 2013; 2(1): 27-31.
13. Ultrasound evaluation of the uterine scar thickness after single versus double layer closure of transverse lower segment cesarean section. Mohamed N EL-Gharib and Ahmad M Awara. J Basic Clin Reprod Sci. 2013; 2(1): 42-45.
14. Matched Sample Comparison of Intramuscular Versus Vaginal Micronized Progesterone for Prevention of Preterm Birth. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. 2012; 24(12): 1329-1243. (Impact Factor: 1.495 5 Year Impact Factor: 1.592. ISSN: 1476-7058)
15. Maternal MTHFR Gene Polymorphisms and the Risk of Down syndrome. The International Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research. 2012; 1(3). (p-ISSN, 2277-0941. e-ISSN, 2315-5019)
16. Attitude of Primigravidas to Pregnancy: A Comparison between Younger and Older Age Groups. The International Journal of Medicine and Biomedical Research. 2012; 1(2):119-123. (p-ISSN, 2277-0941. e-ISSN, 2315-5019)
17. Abdominal surgical management of partial cervical agenesis in a virgin. Medical Practice and Review. 2012; 3(1): 5-8. (ISSN: 2I41-2596)
18. Low dose Vaginal Misoprostol in the management of Second and Third Trimester Labor Induction in Women with Intrauterine fetal Death. Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine. 2011; 24(10): 1329-1243. (Impact Factor: 1.495 5 Year Impact Factor: 1.592. ISSN: 1476-7058)
19. Maternal Serum Inhibin-A For Predicting Preeclampsia. Journal of Maternal-Fetal & Neonatal Medicine. 2011; 24 (4): 595-599. (Impact Factor: 1.495- 5 Year Impact Factor: 1.592- ISSN: 1476-7058)
20. Cytogenetic aberrations and the development of uterine leiomyomata. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Res. 2010; 36(10): 101-107. ((Impact factor 0.942- ISSN: 1447-0756)
21. Causes of Maternal Deaths in Tanta University Hospital. Clinical Medicine Reviews in Women's Health. 2010; 79-83. (ISSN: 1179-2574)
22. Anti-Annexin V Antibodies in Women with Recurrent Miscarriage. Clinical Medicine Insights: Reproductive Health. 2010; 4: 29-33. (ISSN: 1179-5581)
23. Link between Periodontal Diseases, Inflammatory Markers and Preterm Low Birth Weight Infants. Clinical Medicine Insights: Reproductive Health. 2010; 4: 23-28. (ISSN: 1179-5581)
24. Combined therapeutic regimen of female genital warts. Minoufia Medical Journal. 2009; 22(3): 41-48. (ISSN: 1110-2098)
25. The Role of Salpingoscopy in Tubal Factor of Infertility. The Egyptian Journal of Infertility and Sterility. 2008; 12: 25-32. (ISSN: 1110 -6352)
26. Comparative Study of Hysteroscopic Endometrial Resection versus Thermachoice Balloon. The Egyptian Journal of Infertility and Sterility. 2008; 12: 53-62. (ISSN: 1110 -6352)
27. The Role of Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the Diagnosis of Gynecologic Pelvic Tumours. The Egyptian Journal of Infertility and Sterility. 2008; 12: 33-42. (ISSN: 1110 -6352)
28. Anti-Thyroid Antibodies in Unexplained Recurrent Pregnancy Loss. Tanta Medical Sciences Journal. 2007; 2: 146-155. (ISSN 1687- 5788)
29. Ultrasound versus MRI in the Diagnosis of Female Genital Anomalies. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2007; 33: 555-565. (ISSN 0258-3216)
30. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Female Pelvic Floor Abnormalities. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2007; 33: 527-535. (ISSN 0258-3216)
31. Urinary incontinence: Quality of life and factors associated with severity among women aged 20-50 years. Tanta Med J. 2007; 135: 161-170. (ISSN: 1110-1415)
32. Laparoscopic Ovarian Drilling in Polycystic ovary Disease: First Choice or Last Resort. Tanta Medical Science Journal. 2007; 2(2): 254-262. (ISSN 1687-5788)
33. Seeking for medical care for urinary incontinence among working women in age: 20-50 years. Bulletin of High Institute of Public Health. 2006; 36: 353-364. (ISSN 1110-0036)
34. Has ultrasonographic evaluation of the lower uterine segment in cases of previous caesarean section any influence on the mode of delivery. Tanta Medical Science Journal. 2005; 33: 13-22. (ISSN 1687-5788)
35. Is Multiple doses Intramuscular Methotrexate Therapy an acceptable Alternative To laparoscopic Salpingostomy In Cases Of Tubal Ectopic Pregnancy? : Tanta Medical Journal. 2005; 33: 1-12. (ISSN: 1110-1415)
36. Secondary Postpartum Haemorrhage after caesarean section: is there any role for ligation of the anterior division of the hypogastric artery. The Journal of Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. 2003; 29: 661-675. ( ISSN: 0258-3216)
37. The effect of metformin on the endocrine variables in clomiphene resistant polycystic ovarian disease. Ain Shams Medical Journal, VOL 51, NO 10, 11 &12, 2000. (ISSN: 0002-2144)
38. Ovarian and uterine blood flow before and after laparoscopic ovarian drilling in cases of polycystic ovarian disease. The Journal of the Egyptian Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, VOL 26 NO 10, 11 & 12 OCT, NOV, DEC 2000. (ISSN 0258-3216)
39. Efficacy of laparoscopic ovarian monopolar electrocauterization versus co2 laser vaporaization in treatment of PCOD in Tanta university hospital. MENOUFIYA MED J VOL 11, NO 2, JULY (SUPPL) 1999. ((ISSN 1816- 272X).)
40. Revivification of direct trocar insertion technique at laparoscopy in Tanta university hospital. Zagazig University Med J, VOl Ill, NO 5, JULY 1997.
41. Combined abdomino perineal neocolpopoiesis with bilateral medial thigh flaps. Accepted FOR PUB IN NEW MED J Shebin El- Kom, March, 1997.
42. Factors affecting length of stay at the department of obstetrics and gynaecology in Tanta university hospital. SCI MED J SYND VOL 8, NO 2, APRIL 1996.
43. Bed utilization in the department of obstetrics and gynaecology in Tanta university hospital. SCI MED J SYND VOL 8, NO 3, JULY 1996.
44. Microimmunofluorescent screening of chlamydia trachomatis antibodies in cases of first trimester spontaneous abortion. EGYPTIAN J OF MED MICROBIOL, VOL 3, NO 1, 1994.
45. Study of plasma anti-thrombin III and prekalllkrein in cases of repeated abortion. 7th ZAG ANN CONF OF OBST & GYN APRIL 1992.
46. Cervical immunoglobulin and mycoplasma infection in women with unexplained infertility. 7th ZAG ANN CONF OF OBST & GYN APRIL 1992.
47. Ribonucleoprotein antibodies in cases of repeated abortion. 7TH ZAG ANN CONF OF OBST & GYN APRIL 1992.
48. The role of mycoplasma in the pathogenesis of first trimester spontaneous abortion. Tanta Med J, VOL 19, JUNE 30, 1991.
49. The role of cervical score and ovarian ultrasonic scanning in assessment of low dose urinary follicle stimulating hormone and human menopausal gonadotropin therapy in polycystic ovarian disease. TANTA MED J, VOL 19, JUNE 30, 1991.