Dr. Mounika Gupta
M M (Deemed to be) University
Mullana, Ambala, Haryana
Dr. Monika Gupta passed BDS with Distinction in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, & MDS (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery). The areas of interest in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery are Maxillo-facial injuries, TMJ surgeries, treating Space infections, treatment of different pathologies and Distraction Osteogenesis of Mandible. Where ever, I have worked, treated many patients with aforesaid problems. I have treated around 15 cases of TMJ Ankylosis followed by autogenous reconstruction of TMJ as well as facial deformities corrected by Distraction Osteogenesis with grand success during my stint in Maharishi Markandeshwar College of Dental Sciences & Research, Mullana, Ambala. I have achieved good success in treating Fascial space infections during my career on medically compromised and pregnant patients. I have treated lots of various pathologies followed by reconstruction of the mandible. Numerous Maxillofacial injury cases including avulsive injury could be treated successfully during my tenure in different institutions. Recently I am working in MMCDS&R, Mullana, Ambala, Haryana, India and guiding thesis of Postgraduate students on TMJ Prolotherapy is done for Internal derangement of TMJ and other topics. I have worked on a new innovation “Orthodontic assisted osteoplasty for Malunited fractures of Mandible”. I have presented a paper on the aforesaid topic at International Conference of our specialty. First ever diagnosis of combined “Situs Inversus Totalis along with Nevoid basal cell carcinoma” was found by me in the literature. I have published the aforesaid diagnosis in Pubmed indexed international “Journal of Oral Science”. My postgraduate thesis was on “An Analysis of Treatment Methods for Fractures of the Condylar Process of Mandible”, got published in “Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery”. Presently, I am responsible for some administrative work of my department too.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS:
• IN 5TH class, I ranked 1st in the whole District Bathinda, Punjab.
• Passed B.D.S final year with Distinction in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
• Best Poster Award from IAOMR
• Participated in inter school and district Hockey tournament & got the 2nd position in the district.
Best Poster Award:
UNIQUE OCCURRENCE OF GORLIN-GOLTZ SYNDROME WITH SITUS INVERSUS TOTALIS- A DIAGNOSTIC ENIGMA at Indian Academy of Oral Medicine & Radiology on 20th Nov 2011.
• Poster presented on “Cysticercosis of the Masseter muscle – A rare case report” at 32nd AOMSI Kolkata on 14–12–2006 (First Author).
• Poster presented on “Management of over tightened cover screw
during the second stage surgery” at AOI’s 2nd International Congress on Oral Implantology Delhi on 16th February 2007 (First Author).
1. A Clinical Predicament!! Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis of Cutaneous Facial Sinus Tracts of Dental Origin- A Series of Case Reports Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology December 2011, 112e; e132-e136
2. An Analysis of Different Treatment Protocols for Fractures of the Condylar Process of Mandible journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2012, vol 70(1); 83-91
3. Situs inversus in a patient with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome: a histogenetic relationship? Journal of Oral Science June 2011 vol.53, No.2, 253-256
4. Elastography: the next step Journal of Oral Science June 2011 vol.53, No.2, 137-141
5. Masseter cysticercosis – a rare case diagnosed on ultrasound Dentomaxillofacial Radiology A Journal of Head & Neck Imaging 2008, 37; 113-116
6. Extensive complex odontoma in the maxillary sinus pushing 3rd molar near the orbital floor causing transient diplopia and chronic sinusitis- a rare presentation and surgical management journal Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery Jan 2015 Vol.14, No.1 :338-340
7. DIFFERENT PRESENTATION OF INTRA-OSSEOUS ODONTOMES: ERUPTING AND UN-ERUPTING. Baba Farid Health University Dental journal 2013, vol 4; 1: 129-133
8. PERIDENS: REVIEW OF ETIOPATHOGENESIS AND CLINICAL PRESENTATIONS- SIX CASE REPORTS. Baba Farid Health University Dental journal 2013, vol 4; 3: 108-112
9. Unique occurrence of Gorlin- Goltz syndrome with Situs Inversus Totalis - a Diagnostic Enigma. International poster Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine September 2014 vol 16, No.3, poster806-816
10. 3D Stainless Steel versus 3D Titanium Plate System for Osteosynthesis of Mandibular Fracture: Cost Effectiveness and Clinical Outcome? A Prospective Clinical Study World J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2018; 1(1): 1005
11. Nanotechnology: A Boon in Dentistry Acta Scientific Dental Sciences Volume 2 Issue 9 September 2018
12. Tooth polishing - A mouthful of history IP International Journal of Periodontology and Implantology, April-June 2018;3(2):63-67
13. Mandibular Parasymphyseal Fracture and its Management: A Case Report. Acta Scientific Dental Sciences Volume 2 Issue 8 August 2018
14. Study of Effect of Povidone Iodine as an Anti-Oedematous Agent in Third Molar Surgery J Res Adv Dent 2018;8:2:96-102.
15. Management of Dentofacial Trauma in Pregnant Patient: A Case Report. EC Dental Science
16. Techniques of Rigid Internal Fixation for Mandibular Fractures Acta scientific dental sciences (ISSN: 2581-4893)
Volume 2 Issue 12 December 2018
17. Zygomatic Complex Fractures and its Management Acta Scientific Dental Sciences 2.9 (2018): 88-91.
LOCAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM IN PERIODONTICS: Dentomed Publishing House, ISBN 978-81-937476-7-4 as a contributor