Dr. Neeraj Kumar Sethiya, M.Pharm, PhD
Senior Innovation Fellow (SDDM and VARD-Human Health)
National Innovation Foundation-India
A Honey Bee Network Institution &
Autonomous Body of Department of Science and Technology
Govt. of India. Gnandhinagar-382 650
Dr. Neeraj Kumar Sethiya is working in National Innovation Foundation India, holding the position of Senior Innovation Fellow and currently executive representative of the Value Addition Research and Development (Human Health) division. He is responsible for translation research by converting the traditional knowledge and grassroots innovations into value added safe products for human use. He is having research expertise in the field of herbal technologies, phytochemical and analytical profiling, validation & value addition, and its intellectual property protection. Dr. Sethiya has handled and handling many projects related to in vitro, preclinical and clinical studies for translating herbal knowledge into preventive and curative solutions in the area of malaria, diabetes, memory booster, heptoprotection, kidney stone etc. Dr. Sethiya has teaching, research and industrial experience of more than 11 years in the field of translational research, drug discovery, herbal technologies, traditional knowledge and grassroots innovations. Dr. Sethiya has developed various value added formulations (blends of gut acting herbs, aldose reductase inhibitory herbal blends for asthma) based on herbal traditional knowledge and innovations from grassroots. Till date he has achieved ResearchGate score- 35.54, H.index- 13, and total citation of 540 with 31 peer reviewed paper and 7 books published in high impacted various national and international journal.
Food Chemistry, Phytochemical Analysis and Phytopharmacology
Achevements and Awards
• Qualified GATE-2005 with AIR-1603 [Percentile 86.09] Conducted by IIT Mumbai and received scholarship for perusing post-graduation from UGC New Delhi, India.
• Selected as one of participants out of 60 for 2 days Herbal Monograph Development workshops jointly conducted by IPA Mumbai and Indian Pharmacopoeia committee.
• Won various awards in academics, sports, cultural activities, at school level.
• Selected for University Fellowship 2010.
• Selected as a Nominee for the Ranbaxy Best Research Scholar Award-2010
• Best Student Award-2005 by Gahoi Society of Katni, India.
• Awarded by UGC New Delhi, India, for Junior Research Fellowship for pursuing PhD.
• Recipient of National Young Scientist Award- 2013, by SPER at Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, India.
• Recipient of twice National Certificate of Merit Award for PD Sethi best research paper by Kongposh Publishers and Anchrom Pvt. Ltd., India.
• News published of my achievement in Pharma Times, Times of India, Danik Bhaskar and Gujarat Samachar.
• My biography has been accepted for publication by Marquis Who's Who, which is comprised of the top 3% of the professionals in the country.
• As a Organizing Team Members of FOIN-2017 at Rashtra-patti Bhavan, New Delhi
• Life Members of IPA, India (BR/LM-0235).
• Life Members of In Pharm Association, India (405-Pm-2009)
• Life Member of APTI, India (Gu/LM-462)
• Life and Executive Committee Member of MSU Pharmacy Alumni Association, India.
• Life Member and Gujarat State Representative of Society of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, India (SPER/LM-02).
[Total citation – 493, h- index- 12, i10-index- 17, and Research Gate score- 35.02]
1. Sethiya NK. Nahata A, Dixit VK. 2008. Simultaneous spectrofluorimetric determination of scopoletin and mangiferin in a methanolic extract of Canscora decussata Schult. Asian Journal of Traditional Medicines, 3 (6): 224-229. [IF-0.000].
2. Tomer K, Sethiya NK, Singh V. 2009. Preparation and characterization of some polyherbal formulation for evaluation of hair colorant effects. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1 (2): 93-97. [IF-0.000]
3. Sethiya NK, Thakore SG, Mishra SH. 2009. Comparative evaluation on commercial sources of indigenous medicine shankhpushpi for anti-stress potential- A preliminary study. Pharmacologyonline, 2: 460-467. [IF-0.160].
4. Sethiya NK, Nahata A, Dixit VK. 2009. Comparative thin layer chromatographic investigations on commercial sources of Shankhpushpi in India. Pharmacognosy Journal, 1 (3): 224-226. [IF-0.000].
5. Sethiya NK, Nahata A, Dixit VK, Mishra SH. 2009. An update on Shankhpushpi, a cognition-boosting Ayurvedic medicine. Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine/ Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao, 7 (11): 1001-1022. [IF-0.916].
6. Tomer K, Singh V, Sethiya NK, Kumar M, Jaiswal D, Yadav IK, Singh HP, Chandra, D, Jain DA. 2009. Isolation and Characterization of New Lanosteriod from ethanolic Extract of Eclipta alba Linn. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2 (10): 1635-1637. [IF-2.600].
7. Sethiya NK, Patel MB, Mishra SH. 2010. Phyto-pharmacological Aspects of Canscora decussata Roem & Schult. Pharmacognosy Review, 4 (7): 49-57. [IF-0.000].
8. Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2010. Review on ethanomedicinal uses and phyto-pharmacology of memory boosting herb Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy. Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, 22 (1): 19-25. [IF-0.000].
9. Sethiya NK, Nahata A, Dixit VK. 2010. Anxiolytic activity of Canscora decussata in albino rats. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, 7 (1): 19. [IF-0.252].
10. Bairwa NK, Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2010. Protective effect of stem bark of Ceiba pentandra Linn. against Paracetamol-induced hepatotoxicity in Rats. Pharmacognosy Research, 2 (1): 26-30. [IF-0.000].
11. Tomer K, Sethiya NK, Shete A, Singh V. 2010. Isolation and characterization of total volatile components from leaves of Citrus limon Linn. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, 1 (1): 49-55. [IF-0.000].
12. Sethiya NK, Trivedi A, Patel MB, Mishra SH. 2010. Comparative pharmacognostical investigation on four ethanobotanicals traditionally used as Shankhpushpi in India. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, 1 (4): 388-395. [IF-0.000].
13. Raja MKMM, Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2010. A comprehensive review on Nymphaea stellata: A traditionally used bitter. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, 1: 311-319. [IF-0.000].
14. Bhatt D, Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2010. Pharmacognostic Studies on the Aerial Parts of Suaeda Maritima Linn. (Chenopodiaceae). Nigerian Journal of Natural Product and Medicine, 14: 1-5. [IF-0.000].
15. Trivedi A, Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2011. Preliminary pharmacognostic and phytochemical analysis of “Granthika” (Leonotis nepetaefolia): An Ayurvedic herb. Indian Journal of Traditional Medicine, 10 (4): 682-688. [IF-0.438].
16. Mehta A, Sethiya NK, Mehta C, Shah GB. 2011. Anti-arthritis activity of roots of Hemidesmus indicus R.Br. (Anantmul) in rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine, 5 (2): 130-135. [IF-0.926].
17. Sethiya NK, Nahata A, Dixit VK, Mishra SH. 2012. Cognition boosting effect of Canscora decussata (a South Indian Shankhpushpi). European Journal of Integrative Medicine, 4 (1): 113-121. [IF-0.649].
18. Sethiya NK, Raja MKMM, Mishra SH. 2013. Antioxidant markers based thin layer chromotography-2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl differentiation on four commercialized botanical sources of Shankhpushpi (Medhya Rasayana): A preliminary assessment. Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, 4 (1): 25-30. [IF-0.000].
19. Sethiya NK, Agrawal R, Mishra SH. 2013. Antidiabetic activity of alkaloids of Aerva lanata roots on streptozotocin-nicotinamide induced type-II diabetes in rats. Pharmaceutical Biology, 51 (5): 635-642. [IF-1.337].
20. Sethiya NK, Trivedi A, Mishra SH. 2014. The total antioxidant content and radical scavenging investigation on 17 phytochemical from dietary plant sources used globally as functional food. Biomedicine & Preventive Nutrition, 4 (3): 439-444. [IF-0.000].
21. Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2014. Investigation of mangiferin, as a promising natural polyphenol xanthone on multiple targets of Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature, 4 (2): 111-119. [IF-0.000].
22. Sethiya NK, Keluskar P, Ingle S, Mishra SH. 2014. Antimalarial activity of Evolvulus alsinoids Linn.-an in vitro Plasmodium falciparum specific lactate dehydrogenase enzyme inhibition assay. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 4 (6): 489-491. [IF-0.000].
23. Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2015. Simultaneous HPTLC Analysis of Ursolic Acid, Betulinic Acid, Stigmasterol and Lupeol for the Identification of Four Medicinal Plants Commonly Available in the Indian Market as Shankhpushpi. Journal of Chromatographic Sciences, 53 (5): 816-823. [IF-1.026].
24. Sethiya NK, Mishra SH. 2015. Rapid validated high performance thin layer chromatography method for simultaneous estimation of mangiferin and scopoletin in Canscora decussata (South Indian Shankhpushpi) extract. Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia, 25: 193-198. [IF-0.80].
25. Sethiya NK, Shah P, Rajpara A, Nagar PA, Mishra SH. 2015. Antioxidant and hepatoprotective effects of mixed micellar lipid formulation of phyllanthin and piperine in carbon tetrachloride-induced liver injury in rodents. Food and Function, 6 (11): 3593-3603. [IF-2.79].
26. Sethiya NK. 2016. Review on natural growth promoters available for improving gut health of poultry: an alternative to antibiotic growth promoters. Asian Journal of Poultry Science, 10 (1): 1-29. [IF-0.000].
27. Sethiya NK, Pal U. 2016. Poultry Gut Health: An Update Poultryline 16(1): 45-49.
28. Sethiya NK, Brahmbhat K, Chauhan B, Mishra SH. 2016. Pharmacognostic and phytochemical investigation of Ensete superbum (Roxb.) Cheesman pseudostem. Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources 7 (1): 51-58.
29. Sethiya NK, Brahmbhat K, Chauhan B, Mishra SH. 2017. Antiurolithiatic activity of Ensete superbum (Roxb.) Cheesman (wild banana) pseudostem on ethylene glycol induced urolithiasis in rats. Indian Journal of Traditional Knowledge 16 (2), 303-309.
30. Sethiya NK, Nahata A, Singh PK, Mishra SH. 2017. Neuropharmacological evaluation on four traditional medicinal herbs used as nervine tonic and commonly available as Shankhpushpi in India. Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine. (Article in press)
1. Sethiya NK, Dube B, Mishra SH. 2012. Herbs in Metal Health. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 1st edition, No. of pages. 75, ISBN No. 978-3-659-26584-6.
2. Sethiya NK, Dixit VK. 2012. Investigation on South Indian Shankhpushpi LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, 1st edition, No. of pages. 116, ISBN No. 978-3-659-26050-6.
3. Dubey D, Agrawal R, Sharma HK, Sethiya NK. 2014. GPAT-Pharmaceutical Sciences, Satya Prakashan, New Delhi, 1st edition, No. of pages. 776. (ISBN No. 81-7684-848-4).
4. Sethi PD, Sethi R, Gandhi SV, Dubey N, Sethiya NK. 2015. Sethis HPLC: High Performance Liquid Chromatography: Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations. Volume 5, 1st edition, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, No. of pages. 524. (ISBN: 9788123926537).
5. Sethi PD, Sethi R, Gandhi SV, Dubey N, Sethiya NK. 2015. Sethis HPLC: High Performance Liquid Chromatography: Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations. Volume 6, 1st edition, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, No. of pages. 509. (ISBN: 9788123926544).
6. Sethi PD, Sethi R, Gandhi SV, Dubey N, Sethiya NK. 2015. Sethis HPLC: High Performance Liquid Chromatography: Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations. Volume 7, 1st edition, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, No. of pages. 528. (ISBN: 9788123926551).
7. Sethi PD, Sethi R, Gandhi SV, Dubey N, Sethiya NK. 2015. Sethis HPLC: High Performance Liquid Chromatography: Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations. Volume 8, 1st edition, CBS Publishers, New Delhi, No. of pages. 492. (ISBN: 9788123926568).