Dr. Nejdet Adanir, DDS, PhD
Department of Restorative Dentistry
Coordinator, Department of Restorative
King Faisal University, School of Dentistry
Al Ahsa, KSA
Dr. Nejdet Adanir his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Faculty of Dentistry at the Hacettepe University, Ankara-Turkey in 1994. He received his PhD in Restorative Dentistry and Endodontics in 2002 from the Faculty of Dentistry, Selcuk University, Konya-Turkey.
Dr. Adanir worked as an Assistant Professor at Suleyman Demirel University, Faculty of Dentistry, and he was promoted to Associate Professor position in 2009. He has served as Vice Dean and chair of the Department of Endodontics at the Gaziantep University between 2010 and 2013. In 2013, Dr. Adanir was appointed as the Dean of Graduate School of Health Sciences and chief physician of faculty hospital, Suleyman Demirel University between 2013-2015.
Dr. Adanir was appointed as an Associate Professor and Coordinator of Department of Restorative Dentistry at the King Faisal University, School of Dentistry since 2017. Dr. Adanir is the Editor-in-Chief of European Journal of Dentistry and has published many papers internationally. He presented over 35 oral and poster presentations in international congresses.
Dr. Adanir’s main research interests are post-core applications, bonding and adhesives, traumatic dental injuries, bleaching, endodontic irrigation solutions
Participation in Regional & International Conferences, Symposiums and Seminars
1. Asia Pacific Dental Congress, Singapore – 2015
2. Annual Session of American Association of Orthodontists New Orleans -2014
3. Congress of South African Orthodontic Society Johannesburg - 2014
4. XXVI. Health Science Institutes Meeting of Turkey Universities, Izmir - 2014
5. Inonu University International Dental Congress, Malatya - 2012
6. 19th International Dental Congress - Expodental 2012, Ankara - 2012
7. The 1st Yemen-Turkey Dental Congress, Sanaa - 2012
8. 5th Biennial Meeting of the European Federation of Conservative Dentistry, Istanbul - 2011
9. The 4 E’s of Endodontics, Isparta – 2011
10. 10th International Congress of the Turkish Endodontic Society, Istanbul – 2010
11. 3rd International Symposium of the Turkish Endodontic Society, Antalya – 2008
12. Endodontic Days, Isparta - 2007
13. 13th Biennial Congress of the European Society of Endodontology, Istanbul - 2007
14. 12th Congress of the Balkan Stomatological Society, Istanbul - 2007
15. Distance Education Seminars Based on Information and Communication Technologies, Isparta – 2007
16. Turkish Dental Symposium from Yesterday to Today, Konya - 2005
17. 1st SDU International Dental Symposium, Isparta - 2004
18. 90th FDI Annual World Dental Congress, Vienna - 2002
2016 1. N. Adanir, “Endodontic Surgery and Anatomic Considerations,” Turkiye Klinikleri J Endod-Special Topics, 2, 14-19 (2016) (Turkish).
2015 2. Ok, E., N. Adanir, and S. Hakki, "Comparison of Cytotoxicity of Various Concentrations Origanum Extract Solution with 2% CHX and 5.25% Sodium Hypochlorite," Eur J Dent, 9, 6-10 (2015).
3. Ok, E., N. Adanir, and T. Ozturk, "Antibacterial and Smear Layer Removal Capability of Oregano Extract Solution," Eur J Dent, 9, 20-24 (2015).
4. Alkis, H., H. Turkkahraman, and N. Adanir, “Microleakage under Orthodontic Brackets Bonded with Different Adhesive Systems," Eur J Dent, 9, 117-121 (2015).
5. Adanir, N., A. D. Kececi, and B. Ureyen Kaya, “Fracture Resistance of Roots Restored with Four Different Fiber-Reinforced Composite Posts,” Med Princ Pract, 24, 538-543 (2015).
2014 6. Saygin, M., F. Ozdemir Kisacik, N. Adanir, and H. Orhan, "Lisansüstü Eğitimde Bilimsel Araştırmalar Kursunun Önemi," SDÜ Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü Dergisi, 5, 82-87 (2014) (Turkish).
2012 7. Isman, E., E. Sirin Karaarslan, R. Oksayan, A. R. Tuncdemir, S. Usumez, N. Adanir, and M. A. Cebe, " Inadequate Shear Bond Strengths of Self-etch, Self-adhesive Systems for Secure Orthodontic Bonding," Dent Mater J, 31, 947-953 (2012).
8. Cebe, F., M. A. Cebe, E. S. Karaarslan, N. Adanir, and B. Ozturk, “In Vitro Evaluation of Shear Bond Strengths of Different Flowable Resins," SÜ Dişhek Fak Derg 21, 57-61 (2012).
9. Ozdemir Kisacik, F., A. D. Kececi, and N. Adanir, “Vital Ağartma Tedavilerinde Başarının ve Renk Stabilitesinin Ölçülmesi," SDÜ Sağlık Bilimleri Enstitüsü Dergisi, 3, 89-95 (2012) (Turkish)
2010 10. Turkkahraman, H., N. Adanir, A. Y. Gungor, and H. Alkis, "In vitro Evaluation of Shear Bond Strength of Colour Change Adhesives," Eur J Orthod, 32, 571-574 (2010).
2009 11. Gungor, A. Y., H. Turkkahraman, N. Adanir, and H. Alkis, "Effects of Fluorosis and Self Etching Primers on Shear Bond Strengths of Orthodontic Brackets," Eur J Dent, 3, 173-177 (2009).
12. Adanir, N., H. Turkkahraman, and A. Y. Gungor, “Effects of Adhesion Promoters on The Shear Bond Strengths of Orthodontic Brackets to Fluorosed Enamel,” Eur J Orthod, 31, 276-280 (2009).
13. Ok, E., and N. Adanir, “Overfilling Gutta-Percha to The Maxillary Sinus During Root Canal Treatment (A Case Report),” SDÜ Dişhekimliği Fakültesi Dergisi, 1, 44-48 (2009) (Turkish).
2008 14. Adanir, N., E. Ok, and Y. Erdek, “Re-attachment of Subgingivally Oblique Fractured Central Incisor Using a Fiber Post,” Eur J Dent, 2, 138-141 (2008).
15. Adanir, N., and S. Belli, “Evaluation of Different Post Lengths’ Effect on Fracture Resistance of a Glass Fiber Post System,” Eur J Dent, 2, 22-27 (2008).
16. Kececi, A. D., B. Ureyen Kaya, and N. Adanir, “Micro Push-Out Bond Strengths of Four Fiber-Reinforced Composite Post Systems and 2 Luting Materials,” Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod, 105, 121-128 (2008).
17. Kececi, A. D., and N. Adanir, “Comparison of the Fracture Strength of Various Materials Used to Bond the Fragments of Oblique Fractured Pulpless Teeth,” SU Dişhek Fak Derg, 17, 35-38 (2008).
2007 18. Adanir, N., H. Turkkahraman, and A. Y. Gungor, “Effects of Fluorosis and Bleaching on Shear Bond Strengths of Orthodontic Brackets,” Eur J Dent, 1, 230-235 (2007).
19. Adanir, N., “An Unusual Maxillary First Molar with Four Roots and Six Canals: Case Report,” Aust Dent J, 52, 333-335 (2007).
20. Adanir, N., and S. Belli, “Stress Analysis of a Maxillary Central Incisor Restored with Different Posts,” Eur J Dent, 1, 67-71 (2007).
21. Turkkahraman, H., and N. Adanir, “Effects of Potassium Nitrate and Oxalate Desensitizer Agents on Shear Bond Strengths of Orthodontic Brackets,” Angle Orthod, 77, 1096–1100 (2007).
22. Turkkahraman, H., N. Adanir, and A. Y. Gungor, “Bleaching and Desensitizer Application Effects on Shear Bond Strengths of Orthodontic Brackets,” Angle Orthod, 77, 489–493 (2007).
2006 23. Adanir, N., F. Kont Cobankara, and S. Belli, “Sealing Properties of Different Resin Based Root Canal Sealers,” J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater, 77, 1-4 (2006).
2005 24. Adanir, N., A. Erdemir, A. Unverdi Eldeniz, and S. Belli, “Comparison of Apical Leakage in Root Canals Obturated with Various Gutta-Percha Techniques,” Türkiye Klinikleri Journal of Dental Science, 8, 155-158 (2005).
25. Adanir, N., S. Belli, O. Eraslan, and G. Eskitascioglu, “Bir Cam Fiber Post Sistemiyle Restore Edilmiş Üst Birinci Kesici Diş Modelinde Post Uzunluğunun Fonksiyonel Kuvvetler Altında Oluşan Stres Dağılımına Etkisi,” The Turkish Journal of Dentistry, 59, 8-13 (2005) (Turkish).
26. Unverdi Eldeniz, A., A. Erdemir, N. Adanir, and S. Belli, “Microleakage of Temporary Restorative Materials Used in Endodontics,” The Journal of Cumhuriyet University Faculty of Dentistry, 8, 38-43 (2005) (Turkish).
2004 27. Kont Cobankara, F., N. Adanır, and S. Belli, “Evaluation of the Influence of Smear Layer on the Apical and Coronal Sealing Ability of Two Different Sealers,” J Endod, 30, 406-409 (2004).
2003 28. Erdemir, A., N. Adanir, and S. Belli, “In Vitro Evaluation of the Dissolving Effect of Solvents on Root Canal Sealers,” J Oral Sci, 45, 123-126 (2003).
2002 29. Kont Cobankara, F., N. Adanir, S. Belli, and D. H. Pashley, “A Quantitative Evaluation of Apical Leakage of Four Root-Canal Sealers,” Int Endod J, 35, 979-984 (2002).
30. Sengun, A., N. Adanir, A. E. Koyuturk, and C. Celik, “Ulusal Dişhekimliği Bilimleri Yayınlarına Ulaşma Sorunu ve Bir Çözüm Önerisi,” Türk Dişhekimleri Birliği Dergisi, 32-33 (2002) (Turkish).
2001 31. Kont Cobankara, F., N Adanir, and S. Belli, “Yeni Bir Kök Kanal Dolgu Patının Apikal Mikrosızıntısı Üzerine Smear Tabakasının Etkisi,” SÜ Dişhek Fak Derg, 11, 102-107, (2001) (Turkish).