Dr. Prakash. T
Department of Pharmacology
Acharya & B.M. Reddy College of Pharmacy
Dr. Prakash T is working as a Professor, in the Department of Pharmacology, Acharya & BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, He completed his B. Pharm in SCS College of Pharmacy, Harapanahalli in 1996, M. Pharma in KLE College of Pharmcy, Belgaum, in 1999 and PhD in Acharya Nagarjuna University Guntur, Andhra Pradesh in 2011.
He is having 18 years of teaching experience in B. Pharm and M. Pharm level and guided 27 M. Pharm students and guiding 03 PhD Scholars in the department under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science, Karnataka, Bengaluru, India. He published 37 research papers in National & International Peer Reviewed Journals and Presented 41 research papers in various Conferences and Seminars both in National and International. He is an active life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teacher of India, Indian Pharmacology Society, Indian Pharmaceutical Association and Indian Society for Technical Education. He is completed 18 Industrial Projects and transferred technology to Industries. He also handling RGUHS, and AICTE funded projects in the Department.
Anticancer studies –Prostate cancer
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Diabetic and complications
Lipid Metabolic disorder
1. Surendra V., Prakash T., Divakar G., Udaya Raj Sharma., Snehal D.Fadadu., Kotresha D. Study of the hepatoprotective activity of Cynodon dactylon extract in CCl4 induced Hepatotoxicity un wister lbino rats. Phrmacognosy Magzeen 2008;4 (16): 195-201.
2. Prakash T., Rama Rao N., Viswanath swamy A.H.M. Neuropharmacological Studies on Wedelia calendulacea Less stem extract. Phytomedicine, 2008; 15: 959-970.
3. Prakash T.,Snehal D.Fadadu., Udaya Raj Sharma., Surendra V., Divakar G., Perfect Stamina., Kotresha D. Hepatoprotective activity of leaves of Rhododendron arboreum in CCl4 induced Hepatotoxicity in wister rats. Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, November 2008; 2 (11): 315–320.
4. Prakash Patil., Prakash T., Shivakumar H., Siddartha Pal. Anti-Ulcer and anti-secretory Properties of the Butea Monosperma (Lam) Bark Extract with Relation to anti-oxidant Studies. Iranian Journal of Pharmacology & Therapeutics 2009;8(1):1-6.
5. Santosh Gule., Prkash T., Kotresha D., Roopa karki., Surendra V., Divakar Goli. Anti-diabetic activity of Celosia argentea roots in streptozotosin-induced diabitic rats. International J Green Pharmacy. 2010; 4 (3): 206-211.
6. Praveen Sharma, T. Prakash, D. Kotresha, Md Asif Ansari, Uday Raj Sahrm, Bimlesh Kumar, Jeevan Debnath, and Divakar Goli. Antiulcerogenic activity of Terminalia chebula fruit in experimentally induced ulcer in rats. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2011; 49(3): 262–268, (Impact factor: 0.878)
7. Jiban Debnath, Nitesh Chauahan, T Prakash, Divakar Goli. Stress, “A Proxy Killer” and Role of Adaptogen as Antistress Agent Archives of Pharmacy Practice. 2011; 2(1): 28-32.
8. Uday Raj Sharm, T. Prakash, Roopakarki, N. Rama Rao, Divakar Goli. Hepatoprotective activity of Fumaria officinalis on CCl4-induced Liver damages in rats. Pharmacologia. 2011; 3(1): 9-14.
9. Kumar S, Roopa Karki, Meena M, Prakash T, Rajeswari T, Divakar Goli. Reduction in drop size of ophthalmic topical drop preparations and the impact of treatment. J Adv Pharm Tech Res 2011;2:192-194
10. Prakash T, Kotresha D, Rama Rao N. Neuroprotective activity of Wedelia calendulacea on cerebral ischemia/reperfusion induced oxidative stress in rats. Indian J Pharmacology 2011;43:676-682. (Impact factor: 0.727)
11. Sudhir Patil, Prakash T, Kotresha D, Rama Rao N, Pandy N. Antihyperlipidemic potential of Cedrus deodara extracts in monosodium glutamate induced obesity in neonatal rats. Indian J Pharmacology 2011;43:644-647.
12. T.Prakash, D Kotresha, N. Rama Rao. Cerebroprotective activity of Wedelia calendulaea on global cerebral ischemia in rats. Acta Biologica Hungarica.2011;62(4):361-375 (Impact factor: 0.590).
13. Sandeepan Chaterjee., Prakash T ., Roopa K., Divakar G.,Surendra V., Udaya Raj Sharma Comparision and Evalution of the wound healing activity of Centella asiatica and Tagetes erecta L in Wistar albino rats. Chinese Medicine , 2011: 2; 206-212.
14. Jiban Debanth, Prakash T, Kotresha D, Roopa Karki. Adaptogenic activity of fruits of Termnalia chebula Retz, in experimentally induced stree in rats. The Journal of Physiological and Biomedical Sciences. 2011: 24(2): 13-19.
15. Pandya Naitik, T. Prakash, D Kotresha, N. Rama Rao. Effect of Terminalia catappa on lipid profile in transplanted fibrosarcoma in rats. Indian J Pharmacology. 2012; 44 (3): 390-392. (Impact factor: 0.727)
16. Dixit P, Prakash T, Roopa Kraki, Kotresha D. Anti-obese activity of Butea monosperma bark extract in experimentally induced obese rats. India J Experimental Biology. 2012; 50 (7): 476-483, (Impact factor: 1.195)
17. K.P. Mansoor, T. Prakash, D. Kotresha, K. Prabhu, N. Rama Rao. Cerebroprotective effect of Eclipta alba against global model of cerebral ischemia induced oxidative stress in rats. Phytomedicine, 2012; 19; 1108-1116, (Impact factor: 3.300).
18. Pandya Naitik, T. Prakash, D Kotresha, N. Rama Rao. Antitumor and antioxidant status of Terminalia catappa against Ehrlich ascites carcinoma in swiss albino mice. Indian J Pharmacology, 2013; 45;464-469 (Impact factor: 0.727).
19. Saritha Surapaneni, T. Prakash, Md Asif Ansari, PM. Manjunath, D. Kotresha Divakar Goli. Study on cerebroprotective actions of Clerodendron glandulosum leaves extract against long term bilateral common carotid artery occlusion in rats. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 2016; 80: 87–94 (Impact factor: 2.241).
20. Maya S, Prakash T, Krishna Das M.S, Divakar Goli. Multifaceted Effects of Aluminium in Neurodegenerative Diseases: A Review. . Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, 2016; 83: 746-754. (Impact factor: 2.326).
21. Maninder Kaur, Amarjeet Singh, Bimlesh Kumar, Sachin Kumar Singh Amit Bhatia, Monica Gulati, T. Prakash, Palak Bawa, Adil Hussain Malik. Protective effect of co-administration of curcumin and sildenafil in alcohol induced neuropathy in rats. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2017; 805C: 58-66, (Impact factor: 2.73). 22. Sarith Surapaneni, Prakash T, Asif Ansari, Divakkar Goli. Neuroprotective effect of Clerodendron glandulosum against acute transient ischemia reperfusion cerebral injury in rats. Journal of Journal of Neurology and Neurorehabilitation Research 2017;2(1):14-20.
23. Bimlesh Kumar, Varun Garg, Saurabh Singh, Narendra Kumar Pandey, Amit Bhatia, T. Prakash, Monica Gulati, Sachin Kumar Singh. Impact of spray drying over
conventional surface adsorption technique for improvement in micromeritic and biopharmaceutical characteristics of self-nanoemulsifying powder loaded with two lipophilic as well as gastrointestinal labile drugs. Powder Technology, 2018;326:425-442 (Impact factor: 2.942).