Dr. Raheela Mohsin
Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
The Aga Khan University Hospital
Aga Khan University Karachi
CURRENT POSITION: Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Director Residency program and Director Urogynecology Fellowship, Aga Khan University Karachi, Pakistan.
EDUCATION: FCPS (OBGYN)Pakistan
2002-2003 Clinical Fellowship in Urogynecology and Pelvic reconstructive
surgery at West Mead Hospital Sydney University Australia
2011 Diploma in Medical Education by DED Aga Khan University.
Director Fellowship in Urogynecology and reconstructive surgery and director for residency program OBGYN.
Surgery for recurrent Pelvic organ prolapse
Innovations in Burch colposuspension
Urodynamic studies for developing world
Fecal and Urinary Incontinence
Vesico vaginal fistula with previous failed attempts
Genital tract Fistulas
Working in fistula camps
prevalence of UI/LUTS/POP
2010, “Outstanding Teaching Award” by Aga Khan University Karachi.
2002-2003, Faculty Development Award, Aga khan University for clinical Fellowship Urogynecology at Sydney University Hospital, Australia.
PUBLICATIONS (AS PRINCIPAL or CO-INVESTIGATOR POST-MOST ADVANCED DEGREE)
a. Peer reviewed - research papers;
1. Rizvi RM , Chughtai N, Manuscript submitted (ID: JPMA-2016-11-823), Titled: “Graft and mesh in vaginal surgery” to JPMA in November 2016.
2. Chughtai NG, Rizvi RM, Kashif U. Key Messages of Urodynamic Studies in Cases of Urinary Incontinence and Pelvic Organ Prolapse: A Retrospective Review. J South Asian Feder Obst Gynae 2016;8(4):299-303.
3. Chughtai N, Rizvi RM. Bladder diverticulum in a female patient: a case report Accepted : JSAFOG for publication Dec 2016 to Feb 17
4. .Chughtai N, Rizvi RM. Uterine and internal pudendal artery rupture in a vaginal delivery: a case report Submitted to JCPSP submitted after review 12-11-16
5. Contributed a chapter regarding” Assessment of Urinary Incontinence in Adult Patients” In “Synopsis in the Management of Urinary Incontinence”OPEN ACCESS BOOK ISBN 978-953-51-2931-8 Book edited by: Ammar Alhass Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
6. Rizvi M,Jokhio H.Validity and reliability of a questionnaire regarding Urinary and fecal incontinence and utero-vaginal prolapse: prevalence, associated factors and impact on women’s life in rural Pakistan.JSOGP ,October2015
7. Jokhio A, Rizvi R, Rizvi J, MacArthur C. Urinary incontinence in women in rural Pakistan: prevalence, severity, associated factors and impact on life. BJOG 2013;120:180–186
8. 3.Jokhio H ,Rizvi RM,Christine M. Prevalence of Obstetric Urinary Fistula in rural Pakistan. The comprehensive UFIUVP survey. BJOG 2014-DOI 10-1111-1471-0528.12739.
9. 4.Rizvi,R Zuberi N,Akhtar,M.Complications of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery: A 5 years’ experience at a tertiary care hospital of Pakistan . J Obstet and Gynecol Int“ Jan 2014.
10. Rizvi RM.Assessment of experimental animal model for training obstetric
a. anal sphincter injury techniques .J Pak Med Assoc 2013January;63(1):103
11. .Rizvi.RM, Chughtai N .Reliability of Uro-Dynamic interpretation in women presenting with urinary incontinence at tertiary hospital .Urol Int 2012;88:410-414
12. .Rizvi RM Clinical and Quality-of-life (QoL) Outcomes in Women Treated by Tension free Vaginal Tape (TVT). J Pak Med Assoc.2009 May; 59 (5):274-7.
13. Rizvi, R.M .Practices regarding Diagnosis and Management of third and fourth degree Perineal Tears”. J Pak Med Assoc. 2008 May ;58 (5):244-7
14. R.M. Rizvi, Z.S. Khan, Z. Khan Diagnosis and Management of Postpartum Urinary Retention.International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, Volume 91, Issue1, October2005, Pages71-72.
15. .Rizvi RM .The Frequency of Urinary Symptoms in Women Attending Gynaecology Clinics at the Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi, Pakistan.J Pak Med Assoc. 2005 Nov; 55 (11):489-92.
16. .Rizvi RM .Institutionalization of quality standards in Undergraduate Medical Education (UGME).JSOGP 2011 August;1(1):53-62
17. .Zafar Nazir, Raheela M. Rizvi, Rahat N. Qureshi, Zarrish Saeed Khan Zarak Khan. Congenital Vaginal Obstructions: Varied Presentation and outcome.Pediatric Surgery International, Volume 22, Number 9 / September, 2006; 697-773.
18. Rizvi R.M.Improved Maternal Mortality Rate of Seriously ill Pregnant Women in a Developing Country.J Pak Med Assoc.2003 June; 5(6):219
a. Peer reviewed - review articles;
19. .Rizvi RM, Khurram S. Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections in Females. J Pak Med Assoc.2010;60:55-59 JPMA
20. .Rizvi, RM,Rizvi J.Management of Postpartum Urinary Retention. Reviews in Gynaecological and Perinatal Practice. Volume 6, Issues 3-4, September 2006, Pages140-144. Int J of Gynae & Obstet
21. .Rizvi RM .Histiocytosis X of the Vulva J Pak Med Assoc. 2002 Sep; 52 (9):430.
22. .Rizvi R,Zuberi N,Akhtar M.An invited article on "Complications of Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgery," which will be published in Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology International in June 2013
a. Letters to Editor;
23. .Rizvi RM.Training in Urogynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery.An invited Editorial JSOGP April-June 2013.
Chapter Written in Books
1. Rizvi RM ,Hammad. A Chapter accepted in Book titled” Synopsis in the Management of Urinary Incontinence”Chapter title: Assessment of Urinary Incontinence in Adult Patients:ref 105682 InTech - open science | open minds publishers .approved
2. Raheela Mohsin Rizvi, Novera Ghayoor Chughtai .A review article GRAFT AND MESH USE IN VAGINAL SURGERY.Ready to be submitted in JPMA.Dead line date 30-11-16
3. Rizvi R, Imtiaz S.Invited to contribute a chapter in Book titled as “Animal Models for Human Diseases” and my chapter would be “Role of Animal model in double Incontinence in human race” In tech publications :ISBN 978-953-51-5440-2.
Meet The Experts – Breakfast round table Discussion
Defining the first line of treatment for OAB---IUGA 41 meeting at Capetown on August 1-7 ,2016 –Dr Raheela with 20 participants