Dr. Sabina Khanam
Department of Biological Sciences
Yobe State University, Nigeria
• Working as Senior Lecturer at the Department of Biological Sciences, Yobe State University, Nigeria (April 2016- till date).
• Worked as Assistant Professor, Department of Zoology, DAYANAND GIRLS POST GRADUATE COLLEGE Kanpur (Kanpur University, India) for Graduate and Post Graduate students from 2007 to 2016 (Nine years).
▪ Ten years of Research Experience in clinical research worked on hematology, biochemistry, and histopathology of rats and birds.
▪ Three months of Project Training in Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow.
▪ Experience of animal handling, dosing, and maintenance.
▪ Experience of handling several instruments like microtome, histopathology centre, biochemical analyzer, hematology analyzer (MS9), centrifuge and binocular microscope.
• Participated in two months course on ‘Molecular basis of Nutrition-Related Diseases’ from February to April 2015 from Iversity University, Germany. Research Projects Works:
• Worked with the project titled “Safety Assessment of Zinc and Carbaryl on Broiler Chicks” in Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) Lucknow.
• Worked with the project titled “Impact of Commonly used fertilizers diammonium phosphate and calcium nitrate on Albino rats”.
• Assisted UGC funded a major project titled “Repercussions of Flavour Enhancer Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) on the Physiology of Albino Rat”.
Biochemistry, Hematology, Histopathology, Toxicology, Molecular, Endocrinology, Ethology, Developmental Biology & Environmental Biology
Certificate and Award
• Awarded certificate of Honour, D.G.P.G.College, Kanpur for securing highest marks in M.Sc. in C.S.J.M. Kanpur University in 2007.
1. Sabina Khanam (2019). “ A comparative study of some chemical components of various milk samples in Yobe State, Nigeria”. World News of Natural Sciences. Vol. 23, pp: 104-109. EISSN: 2543-5426.
2. Sabina Khanam and Bhola Khan (2018). “ Prevalence and Economic Impact of malaria in general Population of Damaturu, Nigeria”. British Journal of Pharmaceutical and Medical Research.Vol. 3(5), pp: 1352-1358. ISSN: 2456-9836.
3. Sabina Khanam (2018). “Pesticides and Endocrine disruption”. Archives of Endocrinology and Diabetes Care. Vol.1 (1). ISSN: 2579-017X
4. Sabina Khanam (2018). “Impact of zinc on Thyroid metabolism”. Journal of Diabetes, Metabolic disorders and Control. Vol.5 (1).ISSN: 2374-6947
5. Sabina Khanam (2018). “Impact of zinc on Immune Response”. Immunology: Current Research. Vol.2(1).
6. Sabina Khanam (2017). “Impact of thyroid on liver metabolism”. Endocrinology Research and metabolism. Vol. 1 No. 2:6. pp: 1-2.
7. Sabina Khanam (2017). “Effect of carbaryl on hemoglobin and hematocrit values of broiler chicks”. Malaysian Journal of Medical Research. Vol. 1(2).pp: 38-40. ISSN: 2550-1607.
8. Anjali Srivastava, Eshita Pandey and Sabina Khanam (2017). “Effect of Thyroxine and Testosterone on body weight and gonad of gonadectomized and chemically thyroidectomized male Rain Quail (Coturnix coromandelica)”. CARD International Journal of Medical Science and Applied Bioscience. Vol. 2 (3). pp: 50-59. ISSN: 2536-7331.
9. Sabina Khanam (2017). “Prevalence and Epidemiology of malaria in Nigeria: A Review”. Vol. 4 (8). pp: 10-12, ISSN: 2394-5885.
10.Sabina Khanam (2017). “Role of Antioxidants on immune system: A review”. Proceedings of National seminar organised by Northwest University, kano, Nigeria.
11.Sabina Khanam and Bhola Khan (2017). “Impact of Oil Spill on Environment, Human Health and Economy in Nigeria”. CARD International Journal of Environmental Studies and Safety Research. Vol. 2 (1). pp 59-67. ISSN: 2536-7277.
12.Sabina Khanam (2017). “Impact of Stress on Physiology of Endocrine System and on Immune System: A review.”. International Journal of Diabetes and Endocrinology. Vol. 2 (3), pp: 40-42. ISSN: p-2640-1363, 2640-1371 (online).
13.Sabina Khanam (2016). “Bodyweight changes in broiler chicks fed different levels of zinc”. Indian Journal of Science. Vol.23 (86), pp:791-797.ISSN: 2319-7730.
14.Sabina Khanam, Eshita Pandey, Anjali Srivastava, (2016), “Environment Contaminants and Human Fertility”. Biochemical and Cellular Archives. Vol.16-supplement 1,pp.231-233, ISSN:0972-5075.
15.Sabina Khanam, Eshita Pandey, Anjali Srivastava, (2015), “Cancer Preventive Role of Ellagic Acid- A Review”, Creative Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 1(4), pp. 151-155, ISSN: 2395-4779.
16.Sabina Khanam, R.K.Singh and Eshita Pandey (2015). Impact of carbaryl on the lungs of broiler chicks. World journal of pharma and pharmaceutical sciences. Vol.4 (6): 446-450. I.F.-5.2. ISSN 2278-4357.
17.Eshita Pandey, Sabina Khanam and Anjali Srivastava (2015). Impact on Behaviour and Serum Proteins of Coturnix coromandel Induced due to Acute Photoperiodic Stress. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience. Vol.3(3):241-248. ISSN 2320-7051.
18.Sabina Khanam (2014). Heavy Metal Contamination and Health Hazards: A Review. Trends in Biotechnology and Biological Sciences. Vol. 1(1):5-8. ISSN 2394-5508.
19.Anjali Srivastava, Eshita Pandey and Sabina Khanam (2014). Behavioral Effects of Mono Sodium Glutamate on Albino rats. International Journal of Biopharmaceutics.Vol.5(1): 47-49 I.F.-0.8. e-ISSN 0976-1047 Print ISSN 2229-7499.
20.Eshita Pandey, Sabina Khanam and Anjali Srivastava (2014). Influence of Temperature on the Behaviour and Serum Proteins in Quail (Coturnix coturnix). International Journal of Pharma Research and Health Sciences. VOL.2(2):138-144. ISSN 2348-6465.
21.Sabina Khanam, Eshita Pandey, Amita Dixit and Anjali Srivastava (2013). Histopathological changes in the liver of broiler chicks fed different levels of carbaryl. Journal of medical sciences, DOI:10.3923/jms.2 013 ISSN 1682-4474. http://scialert.net/current.php? issn=1682-4474
22.Eshita Pandey, Anjali Srivastava and Sabina Khanam (2012). Impact of Stress on Behaviour and Serum Proteins in Quail (Coturnix coturnix). Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences. Vol.25 (25): 237-242. ISSN 2230-7885.
23.Sabina Khanam, V.L.Saxena and Amita Dixit (2012). Impact of supplemental zinc on the pathology of heart in broiler chicks. Advances in Applied Science Research. Vol.3 (3):1423-1425.I.F.-2.9 ISSN 0976-8610.
24. Sabina Khanam, Amita Dixit, Eshita Pandey and Anjali Srivastava (2012). Effect of carbaryl on organ weight of broiler chicks. Advance research in Pharmaceuticals and Biologicals. Volume-2(1), 73-78. I.F.-0.5 ISSN 2250-0774.
25.Eshita Pandey, Anjali Srivastava, Amita Srivastava and Sabina Khanam (2012). Influence of hypoxia on the behavior and serum proteins in Grey Quail (Coturnix coturnix). Advances in Life Sciences. Volume-1(1), 75-78.Print- ISSN 2278-3849 Online ISSN 2278-4705.
26.Anjali Srivastava, Eshita Pandey, Amita Srivastava and Sabina Khanam (2012). Effect of Photoperiod and Pineal Extract on Body Weight and Gonads of Grey Quail, Coturnix coturnix. Advances in Life Sciences. Volume-1(1), 81-84. Print- ISSN 2278-3849 Online ISSN 2278-4705.
27. Anjali Srivastava, Eshita Pandey, Amita Srivastava and Sabina Khanam (2012). Effect of Photoperiod and Pineal Extract on Organ Weights of Male and Female Grey Quail, Coturnix coturnix. Proceedings of Department of Higher Education U.P. sponsored Nat. Seminar in Zoology Deptt.Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Govt. P.G. College, Lucknow.
28. Sabina Khanam, Eshita Pandey, Amita Srivastava and Amita Dixit (2012). Medicinal Plants And Their Application For Human Welfare. Proceedings of Department of Higher Education U.P. sponsored Nat. Seminar in Zoology Deptt.Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay Govt. P.G. College, Lucknow
29.Sabina Khanam (2011). Toxicological Effects of Carbaryl on Hematological profiles in Broiler Chicks. International Journal of Pharma & Biosci. V2 (1) 2011. IF-2.95 ISSN 0975-6299.
30. Sabina Khanam & V.L.Saxena (2011). Effect of Carbaryl Supplemented Feed on Biochemistry in Broiler Chicks. Asian Jour. Of Experimental Sciences.Volume 25, No.1. January 2011.ISSN 0971-5444.
31. Sabina Khanam, V.L.Saxena, Amita Dixit and A.K. Saxena (2010). Effect of Zinc supplemented feed on the behavior of Broiler Chicks. Trends in Life Sciences 25(1), 19-22.
32. Amita Dixit, A. K. Saxena, V. L. Saxena and Sabina Khanam (2010). Effects on Haematological Parameters of Albino rats after fourteen days of exposure to Calcium Nitrate fertilizer. Trends in Life Sciences. 25(1), 23-27.
33. Sabina Khanam & V.L.Saxena (2010). Behavioral Effects of Carbaryl on broiler Chicks.Proceedings of UGC sponsored Nat. Sem. in Zoology Deptt. D.G.College, Kanpur.
1.Sabina Khanam, (2017). “Toxicological Effect on Behaviour and Bodyweight of Broiler chicks exposed to Carbaryl and Zinc”. ISBN: 978-36-685607-4-1, Published by Grin Publication, Germany.
Articles Published in Books:
1.Sabina Khanam, V.L.Saxena and Amita Dixit (2013). Effect of Carbaryl on Bodyweight of Broiler Chicks. Biodiversity and Environmental Biology: 33-39, ISBN: 978-93-82302-45-2.
2.Eshita Pandey, Anjali Srivastava, Amita Srivastava, Rachana Singh, Seema Pandey and Sabina Khanam(2013).Man is being Suicidal by Attenuation of the Biological World. Biodiversity and Environmental Biology: 55-62, ISBN: 978-93-82302-45-2.