Dr. Takalkar Unmesh Vidyadhar, MS (Gen.Surg.)
Cancer, General & Endoscopic Surgeon
United Ciigma Hospital
Aurangabad – 431005, (MS), INDIA
• MBBS 1st, 2nd, 3rd - Rank 1st in University with Gold Medal in Surgery
• MS December 1991 Topper in Surgery
• Registrar, Bhatia General Hospital from January to June 1992
• Registrar, Tata Memorial Hospital from 1992 to 1993
• M.P.S.C. Lecturer, Surgery, Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad from July 93 to August 97
• Fellow, U.I.C.C. Bern, Switzerland July 1997
Awards and Scholarships:
• National Merit Scholarship during SSC and HSC
• AIIM Fest Memorial Prize & Palnitkar Memorial Prize for First in MBBS
• Two Silver Jubilee memorial Prizes for First in Biochemistry & Physiology
• Darak Prize for First in MBBS
• Shirish Patel Memorial Prize for 1st in MBBS
• AIIM Fest Memorial Prize for Pharmacology and FMT
• Silver Jubilee Prize for First in 2nd MBBS
• Bhogaonkar Prize and Khose Prize for First in 3rd MBBS
• Dr.Kalpana Bardapurkar “ Gold Medal “ for Surgery
• Gopichand Nagori prize.
• Scientific Conference Fund Prize.
• Silver Jubilee Prize for First in 3rd MBBS
• Winner of Pfizer Postgraduate Award and Gold Medal.
• AIIM Fest Memorial Prize for Ophthalmology and Surgery
• Fellow, ASGE, USA 2016.
• Member, The Society for Surgery of Alimentary Tract ( SSAT,USA)
• Fellow, Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS)
• Member, American Surgical Endoscopy Association (SAGES)
• Member, European Digestive Surgery
• Fellow, International Union Against Cancer (UICC)
• Member, Indian Cancer Society
• Member,Aurangabad Surgical Society
• Member, Indian Red Cross Society.
• Member, Association of Surgical Oncology, India
• Member, Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India
• Member, Indian Academy of Human Reproduction
• Member, ASGE, USA since 2008
1. Clinico-pathological Profile of Lung Cancer among Smokers Versus Non-Smokers: Experience at Single Tertiary Care Center from India BAOJ Cancer Research & Therapy 2017 Volume 3; Issue 2; 033
2. Gut microbiota and obesity Austin J Obes & Metab Synd - Volume 2 Issue 1 – 2017
3. Obesity as a Risk Factor of Breast Cancer BAOJ Obesity and weight loss management 2016. Volume 2; Issue 1; 009.
4. Clinico-pathological profile of breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in Marathawada region of Western India.’- in Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 2016. 17 (4), 2195-2198
5. Squamous cell carcinoma of tongue in an adolescent: Case Report and review of literature Sch J Med Case Rep 2016; 4(12):931-933
6. Monitoring diastolic dysfunction using a simplified algorithm in patients undergoing off - pump coronary artery bypass grafting surgery Annals of cardiac anesthesia. 2016;19: 231-9. Received Janak Mehta award.
7. Perioperative Anaesthesia Management of Patient with Dilated Cardiomyopathy Posted for Total Abdominal Hysterectomy ARC Journal of Anesthesiology Volume-2 Issue-1, 2016.
8. C-Reactive Protein and Breast Cancer: New Insights from Old Molecule International Journal of Breast Cancer Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 145647, 6 pages
9. Carcinoma of colon in an adolescent: a case report with review of literature. Int J Sci Rep 2015;1(2):151-3.
10. Perforation of Meckel’s diverticulum with peritonitis: rare case reprt and review of literature. International Surgery Journal. 2015;2(3): 424-427.
11. Hormone Related Risk Factors and Breast Cancer: Hospital Based Case Control Study from India Research in Endocrinology Vol. 2014 (2014), Article ID 872124, 6 pages
12. Serum high sensitivity C-reactive protein in breast cancer patients. International journal of research in medical sciences. 2014; 2(4) 1408-1411
13. Bilateral synchronous breast cancer in an elderly man: A case report International Journal of Case Repports and Images. 2014;5(2):118–121.
14. Saree cancer in Indian woman treated successfully with multimodality management. Dermatology Reports. 2014 vol (6) No 1.
15. Fibrocalculous Pancreatic Diabetes: A Rare Case Report in Marathwada Region Sch J Med Case Rep 2014; 2(3):148-149.
16. Multidisciplinary Management of Sebaceous Gland Carcinoma of Upper Eyelid with Regional Lymph Node Metastasis Walawalkar’s International Medical Journal 2014 Vol:1, Issue:1 5;40-41
17. Adenocarcinoma in First and Second Part of Duodenum - a Case Report. International journal of Medical Research. 2013; 4(2):3237-3238
18. Esophageal, gastric and duodenal disorders overview of clinical profile of carcinoma of esophagus: A single institution experience. Journal of gastroenterology and hepatology 2013; 28 (3):23-693
19. Pioglitazone induced carcinoma of urinary bladder: case report Britich Biomedical Bulletion. 2013 vol (1) No 2;131-135.
20. An elderly woman with triple primary metachronous malignancy: A case report and review of literature. International Journal of Surgery Case Reports. 2013;4(7):593-596. doi:10.1016/j.ijscr.2013.03.032.
21. Primary Skeletal Muscle Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in the Thigh: A Case Report Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences 2013; 1(4):295-297
22. Thoracic epidural anesthesia for modified radical mastectomy in carcinoma of breast patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: A case report. International Journal of case reports and images. 2013;4(5):546-550.
23. Synchronous Adenocarcinoma of Caecum and Sigmoid Colon: A Case Report, Research In Cancer and Tumor, Vol. 2 No. 1, 2013, pp. 22-26. doi: 10.5923/j.rct.20130201.03.
24. Primary extra nodal non-hodgkin’s lymphoma of urinary bladder: a case report and brief review research in cancer and tumor 2013;2(3): 45-48.
25. Management of Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma of Thoracic Wall: A Case Report Research In Cancer and Tumor 2013; 2(2): 35-37
26. Acral malignant melanoma: report of two cases. Scholar’s Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2013; 1(2):40-41.
27. Abdominal Lumps- A clinical Challenge, Thesis for MS Degree 1991
28. Comparative Study of Gentamycin and Amikacin, Department of Pharmacology, 1986
29. Primary Common Bile Duct Stone, published in October 1996 in Indian Journal of Surgery vol 10 PP197-198
30. Pyloric Transection- Effect of Blue Abdominal Trauma, Indian Clinical Patterns and Management of Pediatric Urolithiasis A study of 100 cases Indian Journal of Surgery Oct.1997 271-276
31. Primary Malignant Fibrous Histiocytoma of Lung ( accepted for publication)
32. GIANT (True) Retroperitoneal Cyst. ( accepted for publication)
33. Spontaneous closure of Duodenal Fistula in infected Hydatid Cyst.( accepted for publication)