Dr. Thamir Rashed Saeed
Department of Electrical Engineering
Digital System Design and Pattern Recognition Research Group
University of Technology
Thamer Rashed Saeed was Born in Baghdad, Iraq, on February 10, 1965. He received the B.Sc. Degree from a military engineering college in Baghdad in 1987, the M.Sc. Degree from a military engineering college in Baghdad in 1994 and Ph.D. degree from AL-Rashed college of engineering and Science in Baghdad 2003. From 1994 to 2003, he worked with military engineering college in Baghdad as a member of teaching staff. From 2003 till now, he worked with the University of Technology in Baghdad as a member of teaching staff. Currently, he is Assis. Professor of electrical engineering at the University of Technology. His major interests are in digital signal processing, digital circuit design for DSP based on FPGA, Radar, sensor network and Pattern Recognition.
Digital signal processing,
Digital circuit design for DSP based on FPGA
Sensor network and Pattern Recognition
1- Thamir R. Saeed, "Design and Implementation of Suggestion of digital Circuit for Handover Checking Step Using Xilinx Technology". Journal of pure Sciences and Applications. Babylon University.Vol. 12.No. 3. 2006
2- Thamir R. Saeed, Jawad K. Ali AND Zaid T. Yassen," An FPGA Based Implementation of CA-CFAR Processor", Asian Journal Technology 6(4),PP 511-514, Medwell 2007.
3. Thamir R. Saed, "An FPGA Based Design and Implementation of Multiplier Free Unit by Shift Register", Univ. of Al-Kufa, Conf. Pure and Applied Science, 2008.
4- Thamir R. Saeed, Dr. EmadShehb AND Dalia Kamal, " Routing Optimization of Mobile Network System." Eng. Tech. J. University of Technology Vol. 27, No. 8 PP 1497-1508, 2009.
5. Thamir R. Saed, Zyaid T. Tawfiq and Ali A. Al Abbas, "A PLD Based Design and Implementation of Digital Phase Shifters Controller", 2ndScintific Conf. of Electrical Eng. , Univ. of technology, Baghdad, Iraq, 2011.
6. Thamir R. Saeed Mohammed A. Al mashhdani, Hadi M. Al- Ethawi, and Ali Y. Jaber, "An FPGA Based Design and Implementation of Digital Pulse Compression Circuit for Barker Code", 2nd Scintific Conf. of Electrical Eng. , Univ. of technology, Baghdad, Iraq, 2011.
7. Thamir R. Saeed, " Tx/Rx: Generate and Correlate A Costas Array FM Code by Using FPGA Spatran-3 Technology", University of Technology/Journal of Eng. And Technology, 2011
8. Dr. Thamir R. Saeed Ivan A. Hashim Najmah A. Habeeb Prof. Jawad K. Ali Hussain K. Chaeil, " An FPGA Based Design and Implementation of Unambiguous Ranging System Using Golay Sequences", Al-Mansour Journal, AlMansour University College, 2013
9. Thamir R. Saeed, Hashmea S. Dakel, Najmah A. beeb, Ivan A. Hashim and Prof. Jawad K. Ali, " VHDL Processor for Covering Information Using MD5 Algorithm I", 1st Conference in Information and Communication Technology and Application, of
Al-najaf Islamic university, 2013.
10. Thamir R. Saeed Ivan A. Hashim Sameir A. Aziez Qussay S. Tawfeeq Wissam H. Ali," Unambiguous BSIC in Widely Picocells area using Golay Complementary Sequence", Al-Mansour Journal, Al-Mansour University College, 2013.
11. Thamir R. Saeed, Hameed R. Farhan and Mahmuod H. Al-Muifraje "Face Recognition using Maximum Variance and SVD of Order Statistics with only Three States of Hidden Markov Model", International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 134 – No.6, January 2016.
12. Hameed R. Farhan , Mahmuod H. Al-Muifraje and Thamir R. Saeed, "Using only Two States of Discrete HMM for High-Speed Face Recognition", 2016 Al-Sadeq International Conference on Multidisciplinary in IT and Communication Science and Applications (AIC-MITCSA) – IRAQ (9-10) May.
13. Hameed R. Farhan, Mahmuod H. Al-Muifraje, Thamir R. Saeed, 'Low-Complexity Face Recognition using a Multilevel DWT and Two States of Continuous HMM to recognize Noisy Images", International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET), Vol 9 No 2 Apr-May 2017.
14. Hameed R. Farhan, Mahmuod H. Al-Muifraje and Thamir R. Saeed, "A Novel Face Recognition Method based on One State of Discrete Hidden Markov Model", Annual Conference on New Trends in Information & Communications Technology Applications-(NTICT'2017) 7 - 9 March 2017.
15. Thamir Rashed Saeed, Mahmuod Hamza Al-Muifraje, and Ghufran M. Hatem, "Through the Wall, Recognize Moving Targets Based on Micro-Doppler Signatures", International Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IJECE) Vol. 8, No. 6, December 2018, pp. 5227~5237.
16. Hikmat N. ABDULLAH, Thamir R. SAEED, and Asaad H. SAHAR, " SUBOPTIMAL DETECTION OF MODIFIED LOGISTIC MAP-BASED CHAOS SHIFT KEYING MODULATION", U.P.B. Sci. Bull., Series C, Vol. 80, Iss. 3, 2018.
17. Gufran M. Hatem, Thamir R. Saeed, Jafar W. Abdul Sadah, " Comparative Study of Combined CFAR Algorithms for Non- Homogenous Environment", Procedia Computer Science 131 (2018) 58–64.
18. Hussein Ali Aldelfy, Mahmood Hamza Al-Mufraji, and Thamir R. Saeed, " Improved Key Frame Extraction Using Discrete Wavelet Transform with Modified Threshold Factor", TELKOMNIKA, Vol.16, No.2, April 2018, pp. 567~572.
19. Jabar Salman Alaa Hussen Ali and Thamir Rashed Saeed, " Performance Evaluation of a Forward Kinematic Hand Model", Journal of University of Babylon, ngineering Sciences, Vol.(26), No.(1): 2018.
20. Thamir R. Saeed, "Improve Pattern Recognition Performance Based on Fractal Geometry Selection", Journal of University of Babylon, Engineering Sciences, Vol.(26), No.(1): 2018.