Dr. Umesha Boregowda
Department of Medicine
Bassett Medical Center
Cooperstown, NY, USA
Dr. Umesha Boregowda is a board-certified internist practicing as an academic hospitalist at Bassett Medical Center.
He has been practicing in this job for the last 5 years and has interested in continuing his research in the field of gastroenterology and COVID-19.
He enjoys teaching medical students and medical residents.
Gastroenterology and COVID-19
HONORS AND AWARDS:
• President-house staff association, 2013-2014, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
• The best anatomy student of year-2004, Department of anatomy, Bangalore medical college and research institute
• Class topper, Class 10 board exam
• Scholarship for academic excellence with free boarding and high school education from Govt. of Karnataka, India
• Scholarship for academic excellence; Mandya District, Karnataka, India
• Scholarship for medical education from Govt. of Karnataka, India
1. Boregowda, U.,& Umapathy, C.,& Halim, N.,& Desai, M.,& Nanjappa, A.,& Arekapudi, S.,& Theethira, T.,& Wong, H.,& Roytman, M.,& Saligram, S. Update on the management of gastrointestinal varices. World journal of gastrointestinal pharmacology and therapeutics. 2019, Jan; 10(1): 1–21. Cited in PubMed; P.M.I.D.: 30697445.
2. Boregowda, U.,& Umapathy, C.,& Nanjappa, A., & Wong, H.,& Desai, M.,& Roytman, M.,& Theethira, T.,& Saligram, S. Endoscopic ultrasound-guided gallbladder drainage-is it ready for prime time?. World journal of gastrointestinal pharmacology and therapeutics.2018, Dec; 9(6): 47–54. Cited in PubMed; P.M.I.D.: 30568842.
3. Perisetti A, Gajendran M, Boregowda U, Bansal P, Goyal H. COVID-19, and gastrointestinal endoscopies: Current insights and emergent strategies [published online ahead of print, 2020 Apr 13]. Dig Endosc. 2020
4. Umapathy C, Gajendran M, Mann R, Boregowda U, Theethira T, Elhanafi S, Perisetti A, Goyal H, Saligram S. Pancreatic fluid collections: Clinical manifestations, diagnostic evaluation, and management [published online ahead of print, 2020 Apr 17]. Dis Mon.2020;100986.
5. Kopel J, Perisetti A, Gajendran M, Boregowda U, Goyal H. Clinical Insights into the Gastrointestinal Manifestations of COVID-19. Dig Dis Sci. 2020;65(7):1932-1939.