Fathi M. O. Hamed
Department of Statistics
University of Benghazi
Benghazi – Libya
Dr. Fathi Hamed is an associated professor of Statistics at the University of Benghazi. He received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. from University of Benghazi - Libya (University of Garyounis, previous name), then he earned his Ph.D. from University of Leeds (UK). Dr. Hamed taught and still teach several courses for both undergraduate and post graduate levels. He has supervised many master's dissertations, and has evaluated many researches for the purpose of scientific promotions. And he gained several certificates of appreciation for his scientific achievements.
Statistical Image Analysis.
Design of Experiment.
and so on.
• A modified hough transform approach for direction identification. Presented in London – UK (Oct. 2004). And in University of Leeds – UK (Dec. 2004)
• Many other seminars in Libya about different topics, such as: Operation research – Introduction to Management – Crises Management – Quality Control, etc.
Co-chair for the committee to establish a center of Documentation and Information, in Ministry of Planning, 2006/2007.
Honors and Awards
• A Certificate of Appreciation from
• A Certificate of Appreciation from World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Recognition and appreciation of research contributions to 17th International Conference on Probability and Statistics, 2015, London.
• Several Certificates of Appreciation from University of Benghazi and various local organizations.
1. Member in British Machine vision Association (2005), MBVA, London. UK.
2. Member in Arab Statistician Union.
3. Member in Libyan Organization for Development, (LOD).
1- Hamed, F. M. O. and Aykroyd, R.G. (2002). A spline-based approach to linked feature modelling. In R.G. Aykroyd, K.V. Mardia and P.McDonnell, Statistics of large Datasets, Functional and Image Data, Bioinformatics and data Mining, LASR proceeding, department of statistics, university of Leeds, PP. 109-112.
2- Aykroyd, R.G. and Hamed F.M.O (2004). Dominate direction of natural textures using a modified Hough transform approach. In R.G. Aykroyd, S. Barber and K.V. Mardia (eds), Bioinformatics, Images, and wavelts, LASR proceeding, department of statistics, university of Leeds, PP. 117-118.
3- Hamed F. M. O. (2005). In Search of Production Models For Some Oil Fields in Libya. First Statistical Conference. University of Al-Fateh, Tripoli – Libya.
4- F. M. O. Hamed and R. G. Aykroyd, (2007), Application of Smoothing Splines to Circular Data, Journal of Science and Its Applications, Garyounis University Press.
5- S. F. Elkhofaifee, and F. M. O. Hamed, (Nov, 2007), The second Basic Sciences Conference, Faculty of Science, Al-Fateh University, Tripoli- Libya.
6- F. M. O. Hamed, (2009). The 10th European Congress of ISS on Stereology and Image Analysis, Milan, Italy.
7- Hamed, F. M. O. (2010). Total Quality in Higher Education, University of Misrate – Misrate – Libya.
8- Fathi M. O. Hamed and Salma F. Elkhofaifee, (2013), Identifying Geometrical Objects in Image: Using Image Analysis, The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC), USA.
9- Fathi M. O. Hamed and Amna M. Y. Elnjar, (2013), An algorithm to Recognize Number in Image : Based on Statistical Image Analysis. International Conference on Control, Engineering & Information Technology (CEIT’13). Sousse, Tunisia.
10- Fathi M. O.Hamed and Doua W. I. Ahmed, (2013), An Algorithm to detect Square Object in Image, The International Conference on Digital Information Processing, E-Business and Cloud Computing, Islamic Azad University, UAE Branch, United Arab Emirates
11- Robert G. Aykroyd and Fathi M. O. Hamed, (2014), Horizon Detection in Seismic Data: An Application of Linked Feature Detection from Multiple Time Series, Advances in Statistics, Volume 2014, Article ID 548070, Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
12- Fathi M. O. Hamed and Salma F. Elkhofaifee, (2015), Detect Circles in Image Using Statistical Image Analysis, International Journal of Computer, Electrical, Automation, Control and Information Engineering, Vol: 9, No:11.
13- Fathi M. O. Hamed, and Robert G. Aykroyd, (2016), Exploratory Methods for the Study of Incomplete and Intersecting Shape Boundaries from Landmark Data," Journal of Probability and Statistics, vol. 2016, Article ID 1285026, Hindawi Publishing Corporation.
1. The 21st Leeds Annual Statistical Research (LASR) Workshop, (2002), University of Leeds – Leeds – UK.
2. The 23rd Leeds Annual Statistical Research (LASR) Workshop, (2004), University of Leeds – Leeds – UK.
3. The 24th Leeds Annual Statistical Research (LASR) Workshop, (2005), University of Leeds – Leeds – UK.
4. The 27th Annual Conference of Research Students in Probability and Statistics-2004, (RSC-2004), Sheffield (UK).
5. The 1st Statistical Conference (2005) – University of Alfat’h – Tripoli – Libya.
6. The 2nd Basic Science Conference, (2007), Tripoli – Libya.
7. The First International conference for mathematical Statistics – Aleppo University – Aleppo – Syria, 22/April/ 2008.
8. The 10th European Congress of ISS on Stereology and Image Analysis, Milan, Italy, 22-26/ June/ 2009.
9. The Arabic Conference about Quality in High Education, (2010). University of Misrate. Misrate- Libya.
10. The World Congress on Computing and Information Technology (WCIT), 4 – 6 /March/ 2013, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
11. The International Conference on Digital Information Processing, E-Business and Cloud Computing Islamic Azad University, UAE Branch, United Arab Emirates, October 23-25, 2013.
12. ICPS 2015: 17th International Conference on Probability and Statistics, London, UK, November 27 – 28, 2015.