Department Biology, Temple University, College of Science and Technology
Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Biotechnologies and VirusSphere, World Academy Biomedical Technologies
Giulio Tarro graduated from Medicine School, Naples University (1962). Research Associate, Division of Virology and Cancer Research, Children’s Hospital (1965-1968), Assistant Professor of Research Pediatrics, College Medicine (1968-1969), Cincinnati University, Ohio. Oncological Virology Professor, Naples University (1972-1985). Chief Division Virology (1973-2003), Head Department Diagnostic Laboratories, (2003-2006). D. Cotugno Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Naples; Emeritus, 2006 -. Since 2007 Chairman Committee of Biotechnologies and VirusSphere, World Academy Biomedical Technologies, UNESCO, Adjunct Professor Department Biology, Temple University, College of Science and Technology, Philadelphia, recipient of the Sbarro Health Research Organization lifetime achievement award (2010). President Foundation de Beaumont Bonelli for Cancer Research. His basic researches have been concerned with antigens induced early during the replication cycle of human herpesviruses. Another study has involved the identification, isolation and characterization of specific virus-induced tumour antigens, which were the "finger-prints" left behind in human cancer.Achievements include patents in field; discovery of Respiratory Syncytial Virus in infant deaths in Naples and of tumor liberated protein as a tumor associated antigen, 55 kilodalton protein overexpressed in lung tumors and other epithelial adenocarcinomas.
Who’s Who in America
Who’s Who in the World
TARRO, GIULlO, virologist; b. Messina, Italy, July 9, 1938; s. Emanuele and Emanuela (Iannello) Tarro; 1 adopted child, Giuseppe. MD, U. Naples, 1962, postgrad. in nervous diseases, 1968, PhD in Virology, 1971; postgrad. in med. and bioI. scis., Roman Acad., 1979; degree in medicine (hon.), U. Pro Deo, Albany, NY, 1989; degree in immunology (hon.), St Theodora Acad., NY, 1991; degree in bioethics (hon.), Constantinian U., Cranston, RI, 1996; MSc in Biomed. Techs. (hon.), ASAM U., Rome, 2008; degree in Social Scis. (hon.), Bonake U., Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, 2010. Asst. in med. pathology Naples U., Italy, 1964-66; rsch. assoc. divsn. virology and cancer rsch. Children's Hosp., Cin., 1965-68; asst. prof. rsch. pediat, U. Cin. Coil. Medicine, 1968-69; rsch. fellow Nat. Rsch. COUll., Naples, 1966-74, rsch. chief, 1974; prof. oncologic virology Call. Medicine U. Naples, 1971-85, prof. microbiology and immunology Sch. Specialization, 1972-2006; chief divsn. virology D. Cotugno Hasp. Infectious Diseases, Naples, 1973-2006, pres. ethic com., 1998-2007, head dept. diagnostic labs., 2003-06, emeritus, 2006-. Sr. scientist Nat. Cancer Inst. Frederick Ctr., Md., 1973; project dir. Nat Cancer Inst., Bethesda, Md., 1971-75; edn. min. rep. Zool. Sta., Naples, 1975-79; cons. Italian Pharmacotherapic Inst., Rome, 1980-98, med. dir., 2006-07; nat. com. on bioethics, 1995-98; ethics com. Basilicata Oncologic Hosp., 2005-13; pres. De Beaumont Bonelli Found. Cancer Rsch., Naples, 1978-, European Group Econ. Interest, Rsch, and Devel., Naples, 2003-07, Campania Tech. and Ecology Ctr., 2004-12; dean faculty natural and phys. sets. Nobile Accademia di Santa Teodora Imperatrice, 1993-2003; dept. head medicine Naples People U., 2000-05; sci. coord. extracorporeal hyperthermia in HCV patients First Circle Med., Mpls., 2000-03; vice chmn., gen. sec. sci. adv. bd. Unihart Biotech Pharm., London, 2005-07; chmn. com. on biotechs. and virusphere World Acad. Biomed. Techs., UNESCO, Paris, 2007-; adj. prof. dept biology Temple U. Call. Sci. and Tech., Phila., 2007-, pres. sci. com. Moravia U. Gonzaga Inst. Naples, 2008-09, pres. Norman Acad. Rome, 2009-. Nat com. On health, 2013. Author: Virologia Oncologica, 1979, Patologia dell'AIDS, 1991, Can iI Cancro si PUG Vivere, 1992, AIDS Cosa Possiamo Fare Cosa Dobbiamo Sapere, 1994, Pocket File Research Collection, 1997, 6th edit., 2003, To Prevent Is To Win, 1998, Bioethics and Culture of Prevention, 2001, Health Without Borders, 2004, 5th edit., 2012, Safety No Limits, 2008, Campania Land of Poisons, 2012, Medicine is Life; 2013; editor-in- chief: Internal. Jour. Clin. Investigation, 2000-10, Cotugno News, 2003-09, Fratres, 2004-; Journal of Vaccine and Development, 2015 -; contbr. more than 490 articles to profl. jours.Pres. Sci. Cultural Com., Torre Annunziata, Italy, 1984, Tumor Prevention Assn., Rome, 1984; mem acad senate Constantinian U., Providence, 1990, U. Pro Deo, NY, 1994; hon. acad U. Sancti Cyrilli, Valletta, Malta, 2001; mem UNESCO-Hebrew U. Jerusalem Internat. Sch. Molecular Biology and Microbiology, hon. rector Ruggero II U., Fla., 2003, pres., 2013-. Maj. Italian Navy, 1982-84, Lt. col., 1993-95, mem UN Internat. Computing Sci. Acad., 1997, mem Lions Found., 1990-91 Decorated comdr, Nat. Order of Merit, Star of Europe, knight grand cross Sovereign Constantinian Order St, George, gt officer Italian Republic; recipient Internal. Lenghi award Lincei Acad., 1969, Gold Microscope award Italian Health Min., 1973, Knights of Humanity award Internat. Register of Chivalry, Malta, 1978, Gold medal of culture Pres. Italian Republic, 1975, Culture award, 1985,1st prize in biomed. rsch., Italian Acad. Arts and Scis., 1987, Castello di Pietrarossa award, Italy, 1991, Gold Cesare award Padova, 1991, Gold Little Horse, Transnat. European Fedn., Rome 1996, King Manfredi award and Silverplate Pres. Italian rep. Manfredonia, 1999, Equestris Ordinis S. Sepulcri of Ierusalem, Rome, 1999, Gold medal of health Pres. Italian Republic, 1999, Saint Catherin award, Siena, 2003, Sorrento in the World award, 2004, Medal of Culture Ministry, 2005, Knight of Solidarity Internat. award Norman Acad .• Rome, 2006, hon. pres. 2009-, st. Pia for Peace award City of Fiuggi, 2006, Tables of Law award Internal. Assn. Cath. Apostleship, Naples. 2006, 32nd -Casentino lnternat. award in medicine Poppi-Arezzo, 2007, Grand Cross-Internat. Acad. State
Wyo., 2008, award Pres. Italian Rep, Silver medal, 2004, 2008, Lifetime Achievement award, Sbarro Health Rsch. Orgn.Phila., 2009, Nat. award for solidarity Fratres St. Giovanni La Punta, 2010, Global Edn. Sanremo award, 2011. Internal. Peace award, 2011, Grand Prix Solidarite Dem. Rep. Congo, 2010, Gold medal, Norman Acad., Rome, Internat, prize, Le Muse, Florence, 2012, Gold medal for 50 Yrs. MD, Rilancio Italia award, Rome, 2013, Knight Grand Cross Cernetic Imperial Order, Belgrade, 2013. Fellow: AAAS; mem.: Internat. Soc. Neurovirology, Tu es Petrus (Vatican City) (sci. com. mem.), Royal House Aranan (Philippine) (Gold medal 2012), Am. Chern. Soc., European Soc. Clin. Virology, NY Acad. Scis., Nat. Order Journalists, AIDS Sac. Asia and the Pacific, Assn. Res. Prevention of Cancer (sci. com. 1995), Italian Assn. Viral Study and Rsch, (pres. 1995-2008, hon. pres. 2009-), Italian Soc. Immuno-Oncology (v.p. 1975-, pres. 1990-2008), Internat. League Drs. for Abolition of Vivisection (pres. 1992-2012), Internat. Assn. Leukemias, Am. Assn. Cancer Rsch., Am. Soc. Microbiology (people to people amb to South Africa 2010), Acad. History Sanitary Art (hon.), Rotary, Lions (pres. Pompei chpt. 1987-89, pres. com. fight cancer 1989-90, vice gov. dist. 1991-92, pres. com. fight cancer 1992-94, pres. com. sci. and life 1994-95, pres. com. fight drug addiction and AIDS 1995-97. pres. com. transplant and donations 1998-99, pres. com. oncology 2000-02, pres. com. on stem cells 2002-03, dist. dir. operative area ethics and social solidarity 2003-04, pres. Pompei chpt. 2004-06, dist. dir. operative area health and rsch. 2006-14, dist. dir. rare diseases 2014-15, LISC Internat dir. 2012-14, Melvin Jones fellow 1993,2004,2008,2010, 1995). Roman Catholic. Achievments include patents in fieldof first link-at-viruses to human cervical cancer; discovery ofRSV virus in infant deaths in Naples and of tumor liberated protein as a tumorassociated antigen, 55 kilodalton protein overexpressed in lung tumors and other epithelial adenocarcinomas. Flu virus expert 2015 (OMICS Group). Home Via Posillipo 286 80123 Naples NA Italy
His basic researches have been concerned with antigens induced early during the replication cycle of human herpesviruses.
Another study has involved the identification, isolation and characterization of specific virus-induced tumour antigens, which were the “finger-prints” left behind in human cancer. Achievements include patents in field; discovery of Respiratory Syncytial Virus in infant deaths in Naples and of tumor liberated protein as a tumor associated antigen, 55 kilodalton protein overexpressed in lung tumors and other epithelial adenocarcinomas.
Awards and Honors
• 1963 Lepetit Award for Medical Degree, University of Naples
• 1965, 1966 "A. B. Sabin" Prize (U.S. dollars 3,000 each) from SCLAVO Institute, Siena
• 1967 U.S. dollars 5,000 Award from Italian Pharmacotherapic Institute
• 1969 "G. Lenghi" International Award of the National Academy of Lincei (Rome) for ViraI Studies (Former winner S. Stewart)
• 1971 "D. De Blasi" National Award from Richardson Merrel
• 1973 "Gold Microscope" International Award from Italian Health Minister (Former winners.A. B. Sabin, S. Luria)
• 1973,1975 G. D'Orso National Award (Naples) (AIso winner R. Dulbecco)
• 1975 "Gold Jumbo Jet" International Award at Capitolium Rome (Former winner D. Bovet)
• 1975 Gold medal from the President of Italian Republic for achievements in public education
• 1976 Knights of Humanity International Award, Malta
• 1978 International Universum Award for Medicine from the International Center of Solidarity "Giovanni XXIII" (Former winner C. Barnard)
• 1978 Gold medal and honorary member, International Academy of Pontzen
• 1979 Gold medal and director for MedicaI Science, Academy of Paestum
• 1979 Diploma and academician title from the RomanAcademy of medical and biological Sciences, Capitolium (Rome)
• 1979 Gold Lion National Award from the Lion Brigade, Pistoia (Former winner: famous Italians in Art, Culture and Sciences)
• 1979 Special honour and title (Commendatore of Grace,,) from Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, Malta (Knights of Malta,)
• 1979 Special honour and title (Comm. of Masterly Grace) from Order of S. Brigitte of Svevia
• 1981, 1986 Tifeo Award for science and Medicine from International Center of Culture, Rome-lschia
• 1982 National Award for Sciences, under the patronage of Health Minister, at Capitolium, Rome
• 1983 Special honour and title ("Great Official of Masterly Grace,,) from Sovereign Order of S. George in Carinthia (Karrnten)
• 1983 Star of Europe Award for European Cavalier Union, Rome
• 1983 International Prize "Riace Warriors" from the Templari, Culture Society
• 1983 National Award of the South "Gold Marmaid" of Palinuro for medical studies, under the patronage of the President of the ItalianRepublic
• 1985 National Award for the Culture from the Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri
• 1987 First Prize in Biomed. Research, ItalianAcademy of Arts and Sciences
• 1989 Laurea Honoris Causa in MedicineCatholicUniversity, Albany, New York
• 1990 Member of Academic Senate of Costantinian University, Providence, Rhode lsland, USA
• 1991 Laurea Honoris Causa in Immunology, St. Theodora Academy, New York
• 1991 Castello di Pietrarossa Award, Caltanisetta (also Winner H.H. Fudenberg)
• 1991 Decorated Comdr. ltalian National Order of Merit
• 1992 International Award "Cesare d'oro", Padova
• 1994 Member of Academy Senate Pro Deo University, New York
• 1994 Kinght Grand Cross Sovereign Constantinian Order St. George
• 1994 Gold Little Horse, Transnational. European Federation, Rome
• 1995 Laurea Honoris Causa in Bioethics, ConstantinianUniversity, Cranston, Rhode Island
• 1996 King Manfredi award, Manfredonia
• 1999 Equestris Ordinis S. Sepulcri of Jerusalem, Rome
• 1999 Gold medal of health PresidentItalianRepublic, Rome
• 1999 GreatOfficerItalianRepublic Order of Merit
• 1999 Saint Catherin Award, Siena
• 2001 Honorary academic Member University Sancti Cyrilli, Valletta, Malta
• 2003 Honorary Rector Ruggiero II University, Florida
• 2003 Sorrento in the World Award, Sorrento
• 2005 Medal of Minister for Culture, Viareggio
• 2006 Knight of Solidarity Internat. Award Norman Acad., Rome
• 2006 Saint Pio for Peace award City of Fiuggi.
• 2006 Tables of Law award Internat. Assn. Cath. Apostleship, Naples.
• 2007 Casentino award for medicine, Poppi, Arezzo
• 2008 Award Pres. Italian Rep., silver medal
• 2009 Lifetime Achievement award, Sbarro Health Research Orgn. Philadelphia
• 2010 Grand Prix Solidarite Dem. Rep. Congo
• 2010 National award for solidarity Fratres St. Giovanni La Punta
• 2011 Global Education Sanremo award
• 2011 International Peace Award
• 2012 AAAS member Royal House Aranan (Philippine) (Gold medal)
• 2012 International Prize Le Muse Florence
Selected publications (over 500 articles in total)
• Recherches sur le mechanisme d'action d'un groupe de medicaments a activité antivirale (produits chetoaldéhydiques du diphényle et leur derivés): Facteurs qui interferent sur leur activité protectrice in vivo. (with F. Magrassi, P. Altucci et al.). III Internat. Congr. Of Chemotherapy – Stutgart, July 1963. Proceedings, pag. 783 (1964).
• Studies on the mechanism of antiviral activity of ketoaldehyde derivates of biphenyl. (with F. Magrassi, P. Altucci et al.) International "Symposium on non specific resistance to virus infection, Interferon and viral chemotherapy" Smolenice, September 1964. Chemotherapia 9, 341, 1964.
• Studies on the mechanism of antiviral activity of biphenyl ketoaldeydes. (with F. Magrassi, p. Altucci et al.) Proceedings of the Fourth Congress of the Hungarian Association of Microbiologists Akadémiai Kiado Budapest 1964, pag. 11.
• Properties of an avirulent influenza A virus variant derived from drug treated mice infected with PR8 virus. (with F. Magrassi, et al.) In "Antimicrobial Agent and Chemotherapy" pag 605 (1965).
• Properties of an avirulent influenza A virus variant derived from drug treated mice infected with PR8 virus. (with F. Magrassi, et al.) Arch. ges. Virusforsch, 18, 422, 1966.
• Effect of Streptovitacin A on replication of RNA virus (poliovirus). Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med. 126, 535. 1967.
• Virus Specific, Labile, Nonvirion Antigen in Herpes Virus Infected Cells. (with A. B. Sabin) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S. 65, 753, 1970.
• Increase in Preexisting Cellular Antigen Combining Groups al Different Times after Infection with Different Viruses. (with A. Sabin) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S. 67, 731, 1970.
• Studies on the mechanism of antiviral activity of Ketoaldheide derivates of bifhenil. (with F. Magrassi et al.) Rev. roum. d'inframicobiol. 5, 275, 1968.
• Effect of two methisazone derivatives on herpes simplex virus replication. (with P. Mastroeni). VII Intern. Congress of Chemoterapy, August 1971 Avicenum, Czechoslovak Medical Press, Praga, pag. 273.
• Soluble Membrane Antigens of Lip and Cervical carcinomas: Reactivity with Antibody for Herpesvirus Nonvirion Antigens. (with A.C. Hollinshead) Science 179, 698, 1973.
• Apperance in Trypsinized Normal Cells of Reactivity with Antibody Presumably Specific for Malignant Cells. Proc. Nat Acad. Sci. USA 70, 325, 1973.
• Nonvirion Antigens Produced by Herpes Simplex Viruses I and 2. (with A. B. Sabin) Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, 70, 1032, 1973.
• Herpes Simplex and Herpes Genitalis Virus in Etiology of Some Human Cancers. (with A. B. Sabin) Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, A70, 3225, 1973.
• Studies of Tumor-specific and Herpes Virus Non virion Antigens. (with A. Hollinshead et al.) Cancer Res. 34, 1122, 1974.
• Characterization of herpesvirus non virion antigens: relation to squamous cell carcinomas.(with A. Hollinshead, W. Rawls e P. Chretien) In E. Kurstak and R. Morriset (ed) "Viral Immunodiagnosis", Academic Press, New York, 1974.
• Soluble Membrane Antigens of Lip and Cervical carcinomas: Reactivity with Antibody for Herpesvirus Nonvirion Antigens. (with A.C. Hollinshead) Year Book of Cancer 1974.
• Analysis and Description of Procedures Used in the Study of the Relationship of Herpes Simplex "Nonvirion" Antigens to Certain Cancers. In C. de Thé, M. A. Epstein, H. zur Hansen (ed.) "Oncogenesis and Herpesviruses" I.A.R.C., Lyon 1975.
• Preliminary studies of nonvirion antigens associated with Herpes Simplex virus 1 and 2 (HSV-1- HSV-2) (with Accini R. et al.) Boll. Ist. Sieroter. Milanese 55, 120 1976
• Herpes Simplex virus nuclear non virion antigens detected by anticomplement immunofluorescence (with Giordano C. et al.) Tumori 62 (6) 609, 1976
• Herpes Simplex virus tumour associated antigens in cancer patients (with Di Gioia M. et al.) Tumori 62 (6) 615, 1976
• Cell-mediated immunity to Herpes Simplex virus types 1 and 2 antigens in leucoplakia and carcinoma in man. (with E. J. Shillitoe, T. Lehner) Oncology 33, 192, 1976.
• Detection of early antigens in nuclei of cells infected by cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex type 1 and 2 by anticomplement immunofluorescence and blocking assay to demonstrate their specifity.(with G. Giraldo, E. Beth, U. Hammerling, F.M. Kourilsky)Int. J. Cancer 19, 17, 1977.
• Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay for Herpes Simplex Virus Tumor-associated Antigen. (with R. Cocchiara et al.) Cancer 45, 938, 1980.
• An Immune Enzymatic Assay for Purified Tumor Associated antigen of Herpes Simplex Virus.(in coll.) Cellular and Molecular Biology 25, 329, 1980.
• Purification of Herpes Virus Tumor Associated Antigen from Human Kidney Carcinoma. (with R. Cocchiara et al.) Cancer 46, 1594, 1980.
• Foreword of the proceedings of the First International Congress of Viral Oncology The role of Virus in Human Cancer, vol. 1 Elsevier, North Holland, 1980.
• Herpes Simplex Virus Tumor Associated Antigen (HSV-TAA) Detected by the Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). in The Role of Viruses in Human Cancer, vol. 1, Giraldo e Beth Editori, Elsevier North Holland inc., pag. 108, 1980.
• Il TAF test: un nuovo metodo per la diagnosi di alcuni tumori. Rivista Medica della Svizzera Italiana 45, 245, 1980
• Monoclonal Antibodies to Herpes Simplex Virus Tumor Associated Antigen. (with A. Karpas e T. Wheeler) International Workshop on Herpesviruses Soc. Edizioni Esculapio, Bologna 1981, pag. 232.
• Circulating Immunocomplexes (CIC) in Sera of Patients with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) - Associated carcinomas. (in coll.) International Workshop on Herpesviruses Soc. Edizioni Esculapio, Bologna 1981, pag. 236.
• Traitment de la herpetique avec le metiseprinol. Aspect clinique et histologique (with Gorgone G., Cavallaro N., Scaletta S., Carnazza S., Ricci M., Gala Trinchera G., Cordaro S.) Bull. Soc. Belge Ophtal. 192 113-123 1981
• Perspectives and limits of an immunoenzymatic assay (ELISA) for Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Tumor-Associated Antigen (TAA). Cancer Detection and Prevenction 4, 47, 1981.
• An immunoenzymatic assay for herpes simplex virus tumour associated antigen in gynaecological oncology (with Magli G., Scimone C., Flaminio G., D’Alessandro G., Mascolo A., Magli R., Saladino I.) Eur. J. Gynaec. Oncol. 1982 ISSN: 0392.2936.III.2
• Further Studies on an Immunoenzymatic Assay for Heres Simplex Virus-Tumor Associated Antigen. (in coll.) Clin. Immunol. Immunopath.. 25, 126, 1982.
• Human tumor antigens inducing in vivo delayed hypersensitivity and in vitro mitogenic activity. (with A. Pederzini et al.) Oncology 40, 248, 1983.
• As above Immunomodulation amd Therapy in Cancer (with Pedercini A. et al.) ed. H.H. Fuderberg, P. Pontiggia, C. Ogler, Acta Medica edit. Congressi 1983, pag. 307
• Virological Investigation of Young Children with Acute Respiratory Syndrome Associated with Respiratory Synctyal Virus (RSV). (in coll.) in Medical Virology II, Editor L.M. de La Maza, E.M.. Peterson Elseiver Biomedical, 1983, p. 402.
• Quantitative Determination of Human CMV IgG Antibodies by solid phase enzyme immunoassay: comparison with CF test. (in coll.) in Medical Virology II - Editor L.M. de La Maza, E.M.. Peterson Elseiver Biomedical, 1983, p.392.
• Correlation between immune complexes and Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Tumor Associated Antigen (TAA) in Human Cancer Sera. (with others) Cellular and molecular biology 29, 394, 1983.
• The role of herpes simplex virus in the neoplastic pathologies and diagnostic markers. J. Exp. Clin. Cancer Res. 4 (2),213, 1985.
• Serological and Virological Investigations of Young Children with Acute respiratory Syndrome Associated with Respiratory Syncytial Virus. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infection Disease 3 (1), 81, 1985.
• The pathogenesis of malignant tumors X Dies Italico-Iugoslavici Medicinae destinati, Lugnano, 1985
• Screening haemodialysis patients for infection with human immune deficiency virus (HIV). Journal of Infection 14, 1987, pag. 229.
• Absence of risk of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in recipients of hepatitis B vaccine. Eur. J. Epidem. 3, 1987, pag. 323.
• Viruses and immunodeficiences. "Regulation of Mammalian Cell Growth", Capri 27-9/2-10-87, pag. VIR 9, Ciba-Geigy.
• Monoclonal antibody for tumor associated antigens induced by Herpes Simplex Virus. Advances in Management of Malignancies, Proceedings of an international congress, Ascoli Piceno, 3/6-5-1988.
• Laboratory methods for diagnosis of AIDS. Significance of sierological markers (with others) Giornale italiano di patologia clinica 3 (6) 1988, pag. 393
• Search for tumour antigens to be used for active specific immunotherapy. Abstract book of the 2nd Internationl Congress “Advance in Management of Malignannces, Ascoli Piceno 28/5-1/6/1990 pag. 36
• Histochemistry and Immunolohistochemistry in the diagnosis of prostatic carcinoma (with others) Abstract book of the 2nd International Congress "Advances in Management of Malignancies", Ascoli Pisceno, 28/5-1/6-1990, pag. 93
• Epidemiological, serological, evolution aspects of HIV infection and related malignancies within Naples area (Jan '86-Dec. '89). Abstract book of the 2nd International Congress "Advances in Management of Malignancies", Ascoli Pisceno, 28/5-1/6-1990, pag. 19.
• Methoden in vitro als tierversuchersatz bei immunologishen studien. in AA.VV. "Artze fur Die Abschaffung der Tierversuche" Bern 1990, p. 77 (German); p. 167 (French); p. 255 (Italian).
• Neutralization test and antibody titers in AIDS (with Valguarmera G. et al.) Clinica Europea 30 (2) June 1991
• HIV Infection and Serological Response (with Esposito C. et al.) Biochimica clinica 15, 1991
• Seroepidemiologic patten of HCV infection in Campania during the first six months 1992. (with C. Esposito et al..) Abstract, Journal of Hepatology supplement 1 to vol, 17, 5028, 1992
• Screening of HTLV-1 infection drug addicts from Campania region. Advances in Management of Malignancies Pisa, 6/10-12, 1993, pag.33 BIOS Ed.
• Lung carcinoma histopatholocic approaches for a prognostic valuation (with others) Advances in Management of Malignancies Pisa 6/10- 12/1995 pag. 237 BIOS ed.
• Antigenic regions of tumour liberated protein complexes and antibodies against the same (with. Marshak DR et al) In Third International Congress. Advances in Management of Malignancies. Pisa, Italy 6/10 December 1993 Biomed & Pharmacother 47:237
• Vom Anthropozentrismus zur Antivisektion: Tierschtz heute und Jurassic Park. Proceedings of International Medical Congress, Lugano 20-11-93. LIMAV, pag. 195 Ed. ASTRA/AG STG March 1995.
• Passive immunotherapy in AIDS patients Rivista Italiana di Ricerche Mediche e Chirurigiche Anno III vol. 3 n. 3 September 1995 pag. 11
• Anti-TLP antibodies in lung cancer patients. (with C. Esposito et al.) Internal Medicine Clinical and Laboratory 5 191-194, 1997.
• The Genoma Project: Ethical implications in oncology. In: Internal Medicine Clinical and Laboratory 6 67-72, 1998
• Immunoistochemical characterization of tumour liberated particles (TLP) expression pattern in
lung cancer. (with Giordano A. et al.) Anticancer Res 18:2365-2370, 1998
• Los derechos de los animales Actas Congreso medico international LIMAV Madrid Mayo 1997 ARTA STG enero 1998
• Effect of Bergarital on virus replication Rivista Italiana di ricerche Mediche e Chirurgiche Editrice Doctor’s Anno VI n. 2/4 aprile/dicembre 1998
• Neoangiogenesis and prognosis in lung cencer (with A. Perna et al.) Internal Medicine Clinical and Laboratory 7 111-113, 1999
• Tumor liberated protein (TLP). Its potential for diagnosis and therapy. Anticancer Res 19: 1755-1758, 1999
• Immunità da Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) (with others) Proceedings of International Workshop on Viruses Immunities and Diseases, Naples, October 1999
• AIMS and Perspectives for Tumor Liberated Protein (TLP) Proceding of the Joint International Cancer Conference “New Dimension in Cancer Biology on Therapy” Edition H. Ozer, K. Khalili, G.C. Giordano
• As above Riv It Ric. Med Chir 7:43-46 1999
• Vom Tumor freigesetze Proteine: Neuer Wendepunkt fur Diagnose und Therapie ohne Notwendigkeit von Tierversuchen. Humanmedizin ohne Tierversuche: Die Artze haben das wort. Berlin Mai 1999, ASTRA – AG STG pagg. 67-74
• Overview of the Lung Tumor Liberated Protein (TLP): Characterization of Genetic Immunologic Profile Internal Medicine Clinical and Laboratory 8 33-38, 2000
• Immunochemical evaluation of endothelal damage by angioinvasivity. (with Perna A, et al.) Int J. Clin Invest 9 :31-33, 2001
• Production and characterization of anti-TLP derived peptide RTNKZEASIC) monoclonal antibodies. (with Esposito C. et al.) Int Med 9:55-61, 2001
• Characterization of a Fragment Containing a Putative TLP DNA Sequence. Anticancer Research, 22: 2693-6, 2002
• UCV genotypes and antibodies reactivity what's relation? Journal of Hepathology Suppl. n.1, Vol.30, 1999 pag.209. (with C. Esposito, F. Morelli, N. Cuomo, A. Di Spirito)
• Evaluation of a new test for the determination of the genotypes HCV JournaI or Clinical Virology, 22/2: 174, 2002
• Hepatopaty and oxidative stress: clinical study on the efficacy of the depatox Int.. Clin. Invest. 1 : 15 -18, 2003
• Determination of the HBV polymerasis gene mutation in HBV ECA patients treated and naive. (with Esposito C. et al.) Journal of Clinical Virology suppl. August 12 27 2003,
• Progress and new hope in the fight against cancer: novel developments in early detection of lung cancer.(with C. Esposito), in InternaI Medicine 10 7-11, 2002
• Extracorporeal Whole Body Hyperthermia in the treatment of C Hepatitis.IJCI Int.. Clin. Invest. XII 1 – 4, 9 -10, 2004
• Stem cells. State of art and perspectives. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy 58 463-464, 2004
• Early diagnosis of lung cancer by detection of Tumour Liberated Protein Journal of Cellular Physiol 203 1-5, 2005
• Biomolecular Markers of breast Cancer (with A. Nicolini and A. Carpi). Frontiers in Bioscience
• (United States), 2006, 11 pag. 1818-43
• New hope in early detection of NSCL cancer
• New Research Communications on Tumor Markers
• Nova Publisher, New York, N.Y., in press
• TLP in Screening, early diagnosis and follow up of NSCLC Int. J. Clin. Invest. 3-4; 75 – 82, 2006
• Tumor Liberated Protein from Lung Concer and Perspectives for Immunotherapy Journal of Cellular Physiology, 221: 26-30, 2009.
• Consideration on Epidemic Flu Viruses. (Int. J. Clin. Invest., 29 (1-2): 2009.
• Preface to lose weight without misteries will the Progressive Swing Diet by Michele D’Antoni, iUniverse, Inc. New York bloomingtore, 2009. Not any longer sick children: prevention of viral diseases in pregnancy. WABT Congress, Budapest Dec 10-12, 2010 – Book for Life Foundation.
• Giulio Tarro U.S. National Library of Medicine - National Institute of Health – National Center for Biotechnology Information, Pub Med EN/IT. Chiron, Settembre 2010.
• Emerging Viral Agent at Risk in Global Health Approciates to Early Diagnosis and Prompt Therapy, con C. Esposito. BIOCOMP 11: July 18-21, 2011, Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) CS REA Press.
• Lung Cancer Proteomics: Recent Advances in Biomarkers Discovery, con P. Indovina, E. Marcelli, P. Maranta. International Journal of Proteomics Vol. 2011 Article ID 726869, 7 pages.
• Mass – spectrometry based proteomic the road to lung cancer biomarker discovering Predictive, Preventive and Personalized Medicine (PPPM) con P. Indovina, E. Marcelli, F. Pentimalli, P. Tanganello ed A. Giordano. Mass – spectrometry Reviews, Springer SMA Journal: PPPM in Cancer 2012.
• VirusSphere, Doctor Mag, The Medical Web Magazine.
• Peptide Search in the Tumor Liberated Protein (TLP) from Non Small Cell Lung (NSCL) Cancer.
BIT’s 4th Annual World Congress of BioSoft, March 23-25, 2012, Beijing China.
• Search in the Tumor Liberated Protein (TLP) for Specific Peptides of Non Small Cell Lung (NSCL) Cancer. BIOCOMP 12: July 16-19, 2012, Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) CS REA Press.
• Tracking the 2009 H1N1 Influenza Virus in the Italian Region Campania, con C. Esposito, A. Di Spirito et al. Journal of Cellular Physiology Vol 227: 2813-2817, July 2012.
• TLP Sequenced and Studied for its Functions with Targets Diagnostic and Therapeutic, G. Tarro. Advanced Studies in Biology, Vol 5, n. 5, 191-198, 2013 HIKARI Ltd.
• From Sequence of Tumor Liberated Protein (TLP) to Function and Potential Targets for Diagnosis and Therapy, G. Tarro. BIOCOMP 11: July 2013, Las Vegas, Nevada (USA) CS REA Press
• Origin of the Viruses and their Evolutionary History, G. Tarro. Advanced Studies in Biology, Vol 5, n. 9, 423-430, 2013 HIKARI Ltd.
• New Development on Tumor associated Antigen with specific target toward Lung Cancer, G. Tarro. International Journal of Research in Medical and Health Sciences, Vol. 4, Issue 2, ISSN 2307-2083, 29 June 2014.
• Viral Latency, Molecular Pathogenesis and Malignancy, G. Tarro. Global Journal of Science Frontier Research © Vol. XIV, Issue III, Vers. I, 2014.
• L’epidemia da virus Ebola. www.assis.it , 27 agosto 2014.
• Micoplasmi e micoplasmosi: 20 anni dopo, G. Tarro, P. Altucci. Estratto da Il Policlinico – sez. Pratica, vol. 121 – N. 9, Settembre 2014, pagg. 229-245.
• Ruolo dell’Etio-patogenesi in Medicina Interna. P. Altucci e G. Tarro. Policlinico Sez. Med. 2014; 121: 61-81, doi. 107353/polimed.2014.121.
• Migratory Phenomenons, Biothics and Vaccinations Advances in Microbiology (accepted Sept 2015) in cod 8 I. F. = 0,94.
• Bergamot (Citrus bergamia Risso and Poitean) Essential Oil,. Peel and Juice: a Review of Antimicrobiol, Anti-inflemmatory and other Medicinal Properties with Paolo Morabito et al. Clin. Microb. Rev. (accepted Sept 2015) in c.d.p. I.F. = 17.
• Lights and shadows of vaccinations. J of Vaccine Research and Development in c.d.p.
• Exegesis of Sabin poliovaccine in terms of medical science. J of Vaccine Research and Development in press.
• Le ombre dell’immunoprofilassi. Bollettino Ordine M.C. e O. Napoli, anno 85 n. 7 pagg. 12-13, dicembre 2015.
• Anti-Rhinovirus Activity of Ethyl1 4-(3-(2-(3-Methylisoxazol-5-Y1) Etthoxy) Propoxy) Benzoate (EMEB). Pharma Anal Acta 2016, 7:469. Doi: 10.4172/2153-2435.1000469.
• Oncologic Virology, Idelson, Naples 1979
• Pathology of AIDS, Mapograf, Vibo Valentia 1991
• With cancer one can live, Mapograf, Vibo Valentia 1992
• AIDS: what we can do what we must know, Mapograf, Vibo Valentia 1994
• Pocket File Research Collection, Doctor’s, Naples 1997, 6th edit., 2003
• To Prevent Is To Win, Italia Sud, Rome 1998
• Bioethics and Culture of Prevention, Apẻiron, Bologna 2001
• Health without borders, Imago Media, Edition Piedimonte Matese, December 2004
• Health without borders, number 2, Rubbettino Editore, Soveria Mannelli 2007
• Safety no limits, Cassa Risparmio San Miniato 2008
• Health without borders, 4. Ed. Helicon Arezzo 2009.
• Medicina e Recenti Miracoli, Totus tuus edit. 2010.
• Sanità senza frontiere 5, ed. Chiron, 2012.
• Campania, terra di veleni, Denaro libri, 2012.
• La medicina è la Vita. Essere medico nell’era della Globalizzazione
Ilmiolibro.it, editoriale l’Espresso. Libri per Amici. ISBN: 978-88-91050-73-1 Copyright 2013
• La medicina è la Vita. Essere medico nell’era della Globalizzazione
Ilmiolibro.it, editoriale l’Espresso. Libri per Amici. ISBN: 978-88-91063-38-0, anno 2013
• Il cancro dovrebbe essere solo un segno zodiacale. Tutti insieme contro il cancro!
Edito dalla Fondazione de Beaumont Bonelli per le ricerche sul cancro – ONLUS. 31 Ottobre 2013
• Il cancro dovrebbe essere solo un segno zodiacale. Tutti insieme contro il cancro!
Edito dalla Fondazione de Beaumont Bonelli per le ricerche sul cancro – ONLUS. Marzo 2015
• Sanità senza frontiere n 6
• Curriculum vitae et studiorum