Jitender Chaturvedi, MBBS, MS, Mch
Department of Neurosurgery
All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS)
Rishikesh, Uttrakhand, India
Dr. Jitender Chaturvedi has an experience in general surgical and Neurosurgical training to provide the best possible surgical care for patients suffering from neurological diseases especially Brain Tumors like Gliomas, Meningiomas, Pituitary adenomas and various other malignancies. Special interest in Cranio-vertebral junction anomalies, Epilepsy surgery, Neuro-trauma, cerebrovascular diseases like aneurysms, arteriovenous malformation (AVM), Congenital malformations like Meningo-myelocoele, Encephalocoele or Spina bifida.
Key responsibilities handled
- Responsible for accident and emergency (A&; E) neurosurgical treatment.
- Research work in epilepsy surgery and functional neurosurgery.
- Dealing sympathetically with sensitive circumstances.
- Keeping up to date with the latest treatments, medicines and medical developments.
- Provided care to patients on hospital wards, outpatient clinics and in Operation Theatre.
- Major Neuro-surgical operations.
- Provided help to the Neuro-surgical team in Best patient management.
Awards and Honours
A) University Gold Medal for Best Outgoing resident in MS General Surgery. (University exam).
B) Best Paper Presentation award at World Society of Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery Interim Meeting at Mumbai, September 2015
C) 2nd Best Paper presentation Award at ANTC-2014 (AIIMS Neuro-trauma Conference) held at New Delhi.
D) 1st Prize for platform paper presentation at ASICON-2010 At AIIMS, New Delhi.
E) Multiple presentations at national and international platforms during general surgery training.
F) Poster Presentation at TSS Knowledge conclave- February, 2017 at NIMHANS, Bangalore
G) Paper presented at ILAE-2017 (International League against Epilepsy-2017) Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
H) Presented Award Paper under Category “Epilepsy Surgery” in Neurological Society of India (NSI) 66th International Conference NSICON-2017 held in December at Nagpur, India
1. Chaturvedi J, Botta R, Prabhuraj AR, Shukla D, .Bhat DI & B.IndiraDevi Complications of cranioplasty after decompressive craniectomy for traumatic brain injury British Journal of Neurosurgery 2016;30(2):264-8.doi: 10.3109/02688697.2015.1054356. Epub 2015 Jun 17.
2. Chaturvedi J. Comment on: “Timing of cranioplasty: is early surgery associated with increased complications and poor outcome?” British Journal Of Neurosurgery.Volume30(Issue6)Year2016Page691.http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02688697.2016.1220509
3. Chaturvedi J, Nandeesh BN, Srinivas D, Mahadevan A, S Sampath. Synchronous pediatric supratentorial glioblastoma multiforme with noncontiguous infratentorial pilocytic astrocytoma: A rare event. Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice, Year 2016 Volume 7 (Issue 5) Pages 120-122 DOI:10.4103/0976-3147.196446
4. Chaturvedi J, Konar SK, Jethwani D, Srinivas D, Mahadevan A. Metastatic Intracranial Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma with Unknown Primary: Case Report and Review of Literature. Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice. 2017;8(2):274-276. doi:10.4103/0976-3147.203810.
5. Chaturvedi J, Dwarkanath Srinivas. Anterior Clinoidectomy-A Technical Note. Journal of Cerebrovascular Sciences. 2016 Vol. 3 (Issue 1).
6. Singh SP , Singh U , Singh CP , Chaturvedi J. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Vs Open Cholecystectomy: a comparative study, Indian Journal of Health Research & development. Volume 3 (1) 2012, 72-74.
7. Giant Occipito-Cervical Encephalocoele: a case report. Accepted for publication - Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice, volume 9, issue 3, July-september 2018 Jitender Chaturvedi, Rajnish Arora, Nishant Goyal, Nishith Govil
8."Epilepsy surgery for focal cortical dysplasia (FCD): Seizure and quality of life (QOLIE-89) outcomes" for consideration for publication in Neurology India.
9. Biotechnology and Epilepsy Patient-Jitender Chaturvedi. Accepted for publication in BJSTR; Biomedical Journal of Sceintific and technical research for September issue.
10.Intraventricular Meningioma: Neurosurgical challenge worth taking- Case report. Submitted and under evaluation for publication in JOCN (Journal of clinical Neurosciences).
11. Some more in pipeline on choroid plexus tumours, trigeminal neurinomma and cranioplasty.