Louis G. Cornacchia III, MD, FACS
Dept. of Neurosurgery
Weill-Cornell Medical Center
New York, NY, USA
B.A. Columbia College 1979 – 1982 New York, NY
M.D. NYU School of Medicine 1983 - 1987 New York, NY
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
American Medical Association
Society for Neuroscience
Trigeminal Neuralgia Association
North American Spine Society
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Honors in Cell Biology, NYU School of Medicine 1987
Eastern Student Research Forum, 2nd Place Award 1986
Representative, Associated Medical Schools of New York 1986
Eagle Scout, Order of the Arrow 1977
1. Kawai M, Cornacchia LG. The effect of ionic strengths on exponential processes – a possible site of action in the cross bridge cycle. J Biophysics 1981; 37:106a.
2. Black VH, Cornacchia LG. Stereological analysis of peroxisomes and mitochondria in intestinal epithelium of patients with peroxisomal deficiency disorders: Zellweger’s
syndrome and neonatal onset adrenoleukodystrophy. Amer J of Anat 1986; 177:107-118.
3. Cornacchia LG, Black VH. Development of stereological analysis of software for calculation of volume, surface and number density from micrographs. Computers in
Biology and Medicine 1988; 18(2): 75-88.
4. Cornacchia LG, Virden CP, Wahlstrom HE. Meckel’s Diverticulum: Another “Great Imitator”. Hospital Practice 1991; 26(4A):65-68.
5. Cornacchia LG, Abitbol, Garfin, Marshal. Cerebrovascular pathology related to blunt head or neck trauma with associated spine fractures. Spine, March 1992.
6. Scheller, Alksne, Cornacchia, Branson. A comparison of the effects on neuronal golgi morphology, assessed with electron microscopy of cardiopulmonary bypass, low-flow bypass, and circulatory arrest during profound hypothermia. J Thorac and Cardiovasc Surg 1992; 104(5):1396-1404.