Mallikarjuna Korivi, PhD
Assistant Professor (Senior)
College of PE & Health Sciences
Zhejiang Normal University
Jinhua City, Zhejiang, China
PhD Zoology (Div. of Molecular & Exercise Biology) Sri Venkateswara University, India 2002 to 2006
M.Sc Zoology (Molecular Biology) Sri Venkateswara University, India 1999 to 2001
B.Sc Zoology, Botany & Chemistry Sri Venkateswara University, India 1995 to 1998
Pharmacology; Nutritional Biochemistry; Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome; Free Radical Biology; Herbal Medicine; Cancer Treatment; Inflammation, Sports Medicine; Exercise & Oxidative Stress; Alcohol Toxicology; Antioxidant System
AWARDS AND HONORS
27-30 May 2015 “Young Investigator Award (YIA)-Gold”: XI World Congress of ISAM (Internal Society for Adaptive Medicine), Yonago, JAPAN
May 2015 “Travel Grant Award”: Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), TAIWAN to attend the XI World Congress of ISAM, JAPAN
2010, 2012, 2015 & 2016 “Marquis Who’s Who in the World”: Nominated as a Biochemist from TAIWAN and Biography published by Marquis Who’s Who in the World, New Jersey, USA.
2013 “International Biographical Centre Man of the Year 2013”: International Biographical Centre (IBC), Cambridge, ENGLAND
11-14 Sep 2011 “Young Investigator Award (YIA)”: The 7th FAOPS (Federations of Asian and Oceanian Physiological Societies) Congress, Taipei, TAIWAN
May 2010 “Travel Grant Award”: National Science Council (NSC), TAIWAN to attend the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Annual Meeting, Baltimore, USA
18–21 March 2007 “Travel Support”: International Conference on Free Radicals in Biosystems, Kuwait University, KUWAIT
2005 “Junior Scientist of the Year Award”: National Environmental Science Academy (NESA), New Delhi, INDIA
27-30 Dec 2004 “Young Scientist”: Best paper presentation, National Seminar on ‘Recent Advances in Animal Physiology’, Sri Venkateswara University, INDIA
1. Hseu Y.C., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lin F.Y., Li M.L., Lin R.W., Wu J.J., Yang H.K (2018). Trans-cinnamic acid attenuates UVA-induced photoaging through inhibition of AP-1 activation and induction of Nrf2-mediated antioxidant genes in human skin fibroblasts. Journal of Dermatological Science, In Press. doi: 10.1016/j.jdermsci.2018.01.004.
2. Yang H.L., Lee C.L., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Liao J.W., Rajendran P, Wu J.J., Hseu Y.C. (2018). Zerumbone protects human skin keratinocytes against UVA-irradiated damage through Nrf2 induction. Biochemical Pharmacology, 148:130-146.
3. Betty R. Liu, Huang Y.W., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lo S.Y., Robert S.A., Lee H.J. (2017). The primary mechanism of cellular internalization for a short cell-penetrating peptide as a nano-scale delivery system. Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. 18(7): 569-584. doi: 10.2174/1389201018666170822125737
4. Hseu Y.C., Tsai T.J., Mallikarjuna Korivi., Liu J.Y., Chen H.J., Lin C.M., Shen Y.C., Yang H.L. (2017). Antitumor properties of Coenzyme-Q0 against human ovarian carcinoma cells via induction of ROS-mediated apoptosis and cytoprotective autophagy. Scientific Reports, 14;7(1):8062: doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-08659-7
5. Yang H.L., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chen C.H., Peng W.J., Chen C.S., Li M.L., Hsu L.S., Liao J.W., Hseu Y.C. (2017). Antrodia camphorata attenuates cigarette smoke-induced ROS production, DNA damage, apoptosis and inflammation in vascular smooth muscle cells, and atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice. Environmental Toxicology, 32(8): 2070–2084.
6. Mallikarjuna Korivi#, Chang C.T.#, Huang H.C., Thiyagarajan V., Lin K.Y., Huang P.J., Liu J.Y., Hseu Y.C., Yang (2017). Inhibition of ROS production, autophagy or apoptosis signaling reversed the anticancer properties of Antrodia salmonea in triple-negative breast cancer (MDA-MB-231) cells. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 103: 1-17. (# Equal contribution).
7. Hsu M.F., Yu S.H., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Jean W.H., Lee S.D., Huang C.Y., Liao Y.H., Lu J., Kuo C.H. (2017). Hormetic property of ginseng steroids on anti-oxidant status against exercise challenge in rat skeletal muscle. Antioxidants, 19; 6(2): doi: 10.3390/antiox6020036.
8. Yang H.L, Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lin M.K., Chang H.C., Wu C.R., Lee M.S., Chen T.L., Hseu Y.C. (2017). Antihemolytic and antioxidant properties of pearl powder against AAPH-induced hemolysis and oxidative damage to erythrocytes membrane lipids and proteins. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis. 25(4): 898-907.
9. Chang C.T., Hseu Y.C., Thiyagarajan V., Lin K.Y., Way T.D., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Liao J.W., Yang H.L. (2017). Chalcone flavokawain B induces autophagic-cell death via reactive oxygen species-mediated signaling pathways in human gastric carcinoma and suppresses tumor growth in nude mice. Archives of Toxicology, doi:
10. Venkata Subbaiah G., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Shanmugam B., Ravi S., Sathyavelu Reddy K. (2017). Ginger treatment ameliorates alcohol-induced myocardial damage by suppression of hyperlipidemia and cardiac biomarkers in rats. Pharmacognosy Magazine, 13(49): 69-75.
11. Shanmugam B., Shanmugam K.R., Ravi S., Venkata Subbaiah G., Ramakrishana Ch., Mallikarjuna Korivi Sathyavelu Reddy K. (2017). Exploratory studies of (-)-Epicatechin, a bioactive compound of Phyllanthus niruri, on the antioxidant enzymes and oxidative stress markers in D-galactosamine-induced hepatitis in rats: A study with reference to clinical prospective. Pharmacognosy Magazine, 13(49): 56-62.
12. Yang H.L., Tsai Y.C., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chang C.T., Hseu Y.C. (2017). Lucidone promotes the cutaneous wound healing process via activation of the PI3K/AKT, Wnt/β-catenin and NF-κB signaling pathways. BBAMolecular Cell Research, 1864: 151–168.
13. Hsieh Y.W., Wu C.Y., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lin K.C., Wang W.E (2016). The correlation of glycemic markers and functional outcomes in ischemic stroke patients undergoing occupational therapy. Journal of Taiwan Occupational Therapy Research and Practice, 12(2): 67-78.
14. Siva M., Shanmugam KR., Shanmugam B., Venkata Subbaiah G., Ravi S., Sathyavelu Reddy K., Mallikarjuna Korivi. (2016). Ocimum sanctum: a review on the pharmacological properties. International Journal of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 5(3): 558-565.
15. Yang H.L., Mallikarjuna Korivi#, Lin M.W.#, Wu J.J., Liao C.H., Chang C.T., Liao J.W., Hseu Y.C. (2016). Coenzyme Q0 regulates NFκB/AP-1 activation and enhances Nrf2 stabilization in attenuation of LPS-induced inflammation and redox imbalance: Evidence from in vitro and in vivo studies. BBA-Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, 1859:
246-261. (# equal contribution)
16. Chang H.C., Yang H.L., Pan J.H., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Pan J.Y., Hsieh M.C., Chao P.M., Huang P.J., Tsai C.T., Hseu Y.C. (2016). Hericium erinaceus inhibits TNF-α-induced angiogenesis and ROS generation through suppression of MMP-9/NF-κB signaling and activation of Nrf2-mediated antioxidant genes in human EA.hy926 endothelial cells. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, 2016: 8257238.
17. Yang H.L., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lin M.W., Chen S.C., Chou C.W., Hseu Y.C. (2015). Antiangiogenic properties of Coenzyme Q0 through downregulation of MMP-9/NF-κB and upregulation of HO-1 signaling in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cells. Biochemical Pharmacology, 98: 144-156.
18. Hseu Y.C., Huang Y.C., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Wu J.J., Way T.D., Ou T.T., Chiu L.W., Lee C.C., Lin M.L., Yang H.L. (2015). Zerumbone attenuates TGF-β1-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition via upregulated Ecadherin expression and downregulated Smad2 signaling pathways in non-small cell lung cancer (A549) cells. Journal of Functional Foods, 18: 58-72.
19. Hseu Y.C., Lo H.W., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Tsai Y.C., Tang M.J., Yang H.L. (2015). Dermato-protective properties of ergothioneine through induction of Nrf2/ARE-mediated antioxidant genes in UVA-irradiated human keratinocytes. Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 86: 102–117.
20. Tsao J.P., Liao S.F., Mallikarjuna Korivi*, Hou C.W., Kuo C.H., Wang H.F., Cheng I.S. (2015). Oral conjugated linoleic acid supplementation enhanced glycogen resynthesis in exercised human skeletal muscle. Journal of Sports Sciences, 33(9): 915-923.
21. Hseu Y.C., Tsai Y.C., Huang P.J., Ou T.T., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Hsu L.S., Chang S. H., Wu C.R., Yang H.L. (2015). The dermato-protective effects of lucidone from Lindera erythrocarpa through the induction of Nrf2- mediated antioxidant genes in UVA-irradiated human skin keratinocytes. Journal of Functional Foods, 12:303- 318.
22. Wu C.Y., Lee H.J., Liu C.F., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chen H.H., Chan M.H. (2015). Protective role of L-ascorbic acid, N-acetylcysteine, and apocynin on neomycin-induced hair cell loss in Zebrafish. Journal of Applied Toxicology, 35(3):273-279.
23. Chen C.N., Chuang L.M., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Wu Y.T. (2015). Home-based exercise may not decrease the insulin resistance in individuals with metabolic syndrome. Journal of Physical Activity & Health, 12(1):74-79.
24. Mahitha B, Prasad Raju D.B, Mallikarjuna Korivi, Durga Mahalakshmi Ch. N. John Sushma N. (2015). Bacopa monniera stabilized silver nanoparticles attenuates oxidative stress induced by aluminum in albino mice. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15(2): 1101-1109.
25. John Sushma N, Mallikarjuna Korivi* , Madhavi T, Mahitha B and Chia-Hua Kuo (2014). Neuroprotective effects of Bacopa monniera whole plant extract against aluminum-induced hippocampus damage in rats: evidence from electron microscopic images. Chinese Journal of Physiology, 57(5):279-285.
26. Huang H.Y., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Tsai C.H., Yang H.T, Huang C.C., Chaing Y.Y., Tsai Y.C. (2014). Effect of Pleurotus tuber-regium polysaccharides supplementation on the progression of diabetes complications in obese-diabetic rats. Chinese Journal of Physiology, 57(4):198-208.
27. Shanmugam B., Shanmugam K.R., Subbaiah G.V., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Sathyavelu Reddy K (2014). Antibacterial activity of phytochemical screening of Pillanthus niruri in ethanolic, methanolic and aqueous extracts. International J of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research, 27(2): 85-89.
28. Hsieh Y.W., Lin K.C., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Lee T.H., Wu C.Y., Wu K.Y. (2014). The reliability and predictive ability of a biomarker of oxidative DNA damage on functional outcomes after stroke rehabilitation. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 15(4), 6504-6516,
29. Mallikarjuna Korivi, Wu C.Y, Lin K.C (2013). Potential predictive values of inflammatory biomarkers for stroke rehabilitation outcomes. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association, 112(12): 735-737.
30. Chen K.N., Peng W.H., Hou C.W., Chen C.Y., Chen H.H., Kuo C.H., Mallikarjuna Korivi*. (2013). Codonopsis javanica root extracts attenuates fructose-induced hyperinsulinemia and oxidative stress in rats. Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 2 1: 347-355.
31. Mahitha B, Mallikarjuna Korivi, Deva Prasad Raju B, Jacob D.P., John Sushma N. (2013). Bacopa monniera stabilized gold nanoparticles (BmGNPs) alleviated the oxidative stress induced by aluminum in albino mice. Drug Invention Today, 5(2):1 1 3-1 1 8.
32. Madhavi T, Mahitha B, Mallikarjuna K and John Sushma N. (2013). Therapeutic effect of Bacopa monniera against aluminum induced toxicity in medulla oblongata of albino rat. Journal of Medical Sciences, 13(6):465- 470. DOI:10.3923/jms.2013.
33. Huang H.Y., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Tsai C.H., Yang J.H., Tsai Y.C. (2013). Supplementation of Lactobacillus plantarum K68 and fruit-vegetable ferment along with high fat-fructose diet attenuates metabolic syndrome in rats with insulin resistance. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2013:943020.
34. Wu M.C., Tsai Y.L., Kao C.L., Huang C.Y., Hsu M.C., Hou C.W., Chen C.Y., Mallikarjuna K, Lee S.D., Kuo C.H. (2013). Hyperinsulinemia and overweight in obese Zucker rats effectively suppressed by exercise training with hypoxia recovery. European Journal of Sport Science, 13, 221-230.
35. Huang H.Y., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chaing Y.Y., Chien T.Y., and Tsai Y.C. (2012). Pleurotus tuber-regium polysaccharides attenuate hyperglycemia and oxidative stress in experimental diabetic rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012:856381
36. Yu S.H., Huang H.Y., Mallikarjuna Korivi, Hsu M.F., Huang C.Y., Lee S.D., Hou C.W., Chen C.Y., Kao C.L., Lee R.P., Kuo C.H. (2012). Oral Rg1 supplementation strengthens antioxidant defense system against exercise-induced oxidative stress in rat skeletal muscles. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 9:23: doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-23.
37. Narasimhulu G, Lavanya T, Rajeswara Reddy S, Mallikarjuna Korivi, Rao V.P., Aishah Adam, Sathyavelu Reddy K (2012). Pharmacological effects of Pimpinella tirupatiensis on altered urea cycle and liver function markers in diabetic rats. International Journal of Pharmacology, 8, 382-388.
38. Mallikarjuna Korivi, Bhaskar Reddy T, Shanmugam K.R, Sathyavelu Reddy K (2012). Attenuation of agedependent lipid profile by treadmill running in different skeletal muscle fibers of old rats. Adaptive Medicine 4(1): 33-39.
39. Mallikarjuna Korivi, Hou C.W., Huang C.Y., Lee S.D., Hsdu M.F., Yu S.H., Chen C.Y., Liu Y.Y., Kuo C.H. (2012). Ginsenoside-Rg1 protects the liver against exhaustive exercise-induced oxidative stress in rats. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012:932165. Epub 2011.
40. Shanmugam K. R, Mallikarjuna K, Sathyavelu Reddy K (2011). Effect of alcohol on blood glucose and antioxidant enzymes in the liver and kidney of diabetic rats. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 43(3): 330-335.
41. Shanmugam K.R., Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., Chen C.Y., Kuo C.H. Sathyavelu Reddy K. (2011). Ginger feeding protects against renal oxidative damage caused by alcohol drinking in rats. Journal of Renal Nutrition, 21(3): 263-270.
42. Kondeti R.S., Mallikarjuna K., Sathyavelu Reddy K. (2011). Efficacy of ethanolic extract of ginger on kidney lipid metabolic profiles in diabetic rats. International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries, 31(2): 97–103.
43. Ho K.L., Chen S.M, Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chuang C.J., Kuo C.H., Yu S.H. (2011). Hemodynamic changes in the dominant and non-dominant arms after a tennis training session. Adaptive Medicine 3(1): 27-31.
44. Shanmugam K.R., Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K. Sathyavelu Reddy K (2011). Neuroprotective effect of ginger on anti-oxidant enzymes in Streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Food and Chemical Toxicology, 49(4): 893-497.
45. Kondeti R.S., Mallikarjuna Korivi., Nishanth K., Chia-Hua Kuo Sathyavelu Reddy K (2011). Protective effect of dietary ginger on antioxidant enzymes and oxidative damage in experimental diabetic rat tissues. Food Chemistry, 124(4): 1436-1442.
46. Kondeti R.S., Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., Lee L.C., Cheng I.S., Kuo C.H., Sathyavelu Reddy K (2011). Nephroprotective effects of ginger on cytosolic and mitochondrial enzymes against Streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic complications in rats. Chinese Journal of Physiology, 54 (2): 79-86.
47. Mallikarjuna K., Shanmugam K.R., Nishanth K., Wu M.C., Hou C.W., Kuo C.H., and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2010). Alcohol-induced deterioration in primary antioxidant and glutathione family enzymes reversed by exercise training in the liver of old rats. Alcohol, 44: 523-529.
48. Mallikarjuna Korivi, Chien-Wen Hou, Chung-Yu Chen, Jo-Ping Lee, Sathyavelu Reddy K. and Chia-Hua Kuo (2010). Angiogenesis: Role of exercise training and aging. Adaptive Medicine, 2(1): 29-41.
49. Sudarsanam P., Shanmugam K.R., Mallikarjuna K* and Sathyavelu Reddy K. (2010). Impact of exercise training on carbohydrate metabolic profiles in the kidney tissue of male albino rats. Indian Journal of Animal Research, 44: 1-7.
50. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishna CH., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2010). Protective effect of ginger against alcohol-induced renal damage and antioxidant enzymes in male albino rats. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 48: 143-149.
51. Chen C.Y., Tsai Y.L., Kao C.L., Lee S.D., Wu M.C., Mallikarjuna K., Liao Y.H., John L. Ivy and Kuo C.H. (2010). Effect of mild intermittent hypoxia on glucose tolerance, muscle morphology and AMPK-PGC-1α signaling. Chinese Journal of Physiology, 53(1): 62-71.
52. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishna CH., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). Influence of ginger ethanolic extract on lipid metabolic profiles in alcohol-induced oxidative stress. Proceedings of A.P. Akademi of Sciences, 13: 27-34.
53. Cheng I.S., Liao S.F., Liu K.L., Liu H.Y., Wu C.L., Huang C.Y., Mallikarjuna K., Smith R.W. and Kuo C.H. (2009). Effect of dietary glycemic index on substrate transporter gene expression in human skeletal muscle after exercise. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 63(12):1404-1410.
54. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishana C.H., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). Perturbation in kidney lipid metabolic profiles in diabetic rats with reference to alcoholic oxidative stress. Indian Journal of Nephrology, 19: 101-106.
55. Reddy N. Somasekar, Shanmugam K.R, Mallikarjuna K. and Reddy K. Sathyavelu (2009). Exercise training modulates the antioxidant enzymes in brain tissue: A study with reference to ageing. Journal of Ecophysiology & Occupational Health, 9: 5-10.
56. Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., Chien-Wen Hou, Chia-Hua Kuo and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). Effect of exercise training on ethanol-induced oxidative damage in aging rats. Alcohol, 43: 59-64.
57. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishna C.H., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). Antihyperglycemic and hypolipidemic effects of Zingiber officinale ethanolic extract in Streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. The BioScan, 4(2): 241-245.
58. Reddy S.N., Shanmugam K.R., Reddy M.K., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy. K. (2009). Alcohol induced alterations of the antioxidant enzymes in the brain tissue of male albino rats with reference to aging. Indian Journal of Gerontology. 23(2): 133-144.
59. Reddy S.N., Shanmugam K.R., Reddy M.K., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). Modulation of brain antioxidant enzymes in response to treadmill exercise training with reference to aging. Asian Journal of Bioscience, 4: 73-78.
60. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishna C.H., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2009). The impact of ginger on kidney carbohydrate metabolic profiles in STZ-induced diabetic rats. Asian Journal of Experimental Sciences, 23: 127-134.
61. Shanmugam K.R., Ramakrishna C.H., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2008). The role of ginger on mitochondrial enzymes in alcohol-induced free radical toxicity rats. Bulletin of Pure and Applied Sciences. 27A (2), 69-81.
62. Mallikarjuna K*, Chetan P.S., Sathyavelu Reddy K. and Rajendra W (2008). Ethanol toxicity: Rehabilitation of hepatic antioxidant defense system with dietary ginger. Fitoterapia, 79: 174-178.
63. Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., Bhaskar Reddy T. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2008). Amendments of antioxidant enzyme status in different skeletal muscle fibers under age induced oxidative stress conditions with reference to exercise training. Asian Journal of Experimental Sciences, 22: 117-128.
64. Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., Bhaskar Reddy T. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2008). Alterations of intra and extra mitochondrial enzyme alterations in rat hind limb muscle fibers: Role of exercise training under age induced oxidative stress conditions. Indian Journal of Gerontology, 22: 1-13.
65. Mallikarjuna K., Nishanth K., and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2007). Hepatic glutathione mediated antioxidant system in ethanol treated rats: Decline with age. Pathophysiology, 14(1): 17-21.
66. Chennaiah K., Mallikarjuna K., Sudarsanam P. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2006). Interaction of exercise and alcohol on energy metabolic profiles in the skeletal muscle fibers of male albino rat with reference to aging. Journal of Indian Society of Toxicology, 2: 23-28.
67. Mallikarjuna K., Bhaskar Reddy T. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2004). Exercise training alters the levels of antioxidant enzymes in aged male rat skeletal muscle tissues. Journal of Ecophysiology and Occupational Health, 4: 21-26.
68. Syamala D., Mallikarjuna K., Pushpalatha K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2003). Influence of α–tocopherol on Guanidine-induced metabolic profiles in selected tissues of albino rat. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology, 21: 90-92.
69. Gurumurthy V., Pushpalatha K., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2002). Changes in tissues gravimetry studies with interaction of exercise and aging in female albino rat. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology, 20: 42-48.
70. Gurumurthy V., Pushpalatha K., Mallikarjuna K. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2001). Impact of exercise on aging: Changes in energy substrates in selected tissues of female albino rats. Indian Journal of Comparative Animal Physiology, 19: 48-52.
Books / Chapters
71. Mallikarjuna K., Reddy S.N., Shanmugam K.R., Kuo C.H. and Sathyavelu Reddy K (2011). Protective effect of endurance exercise training on brain antioxidant system in old age rats treated with alcohol: A comparison with young age rats. Adaptation Biology and Medicine, Volume 6 (Cell Adaptations and Challenges), Edited: P
Wang, CH Kuo, N Takeda, PK Singal. Narosa Publishing House, pp 341-351 (ISBN: 978-8173199356).