Mr. Govind Chandrayan
Senior Research Associate (Toxicology)
Department of Safety Assessment-Toxicology
Syngene International Ltd
Biocon Park, Plot No. 2 & 3 Bommasandra IV Phase
Jigni Link Road, Bangalore – 560 099
Currently he is working as a Senior Research Associate (Toxicology) at Syngene international Ltd Bangalore.
He joined M-pharm. Pharmacology program in June 2014 and graduated in December 2016. During my Masters Research he have been familiarized with molecular techniques, In-Vitro techniques, surgical skills and various Toxicological, Cardiac and Diabetic related complication studies, such as screening of various drug for Toxicity in CNS, CVS, Renal and Pulmonary disorders. He designed my master’s project and trained by a team of esteemed faculty with project financial assistance from Department of science and technology (DST). He have done my M.Pharm dissertation project entitled “To investigate the role of PPAR- γ and PI3k/AKT, GSK-3β pathway in isoproterenol induced myocardial infarction in diabetic Wistar rats”. The objectives of my project was, To determine Possible role of PPARγ and PI3K-AKT-GSK3β pathway in Apigenin and Eplerenone afforded cardio protection through Hemodynamic, Biochemical, Histopathological, Immunohistochemistry, TUNEL, and Western blot protein expression. Presented this entitled at Hypertension Seoul 2016 at 26th scientific meeting of international society of Hypertension South Korea. (April 2016). He have published 3 international and 1 national papers and with more than 5 international conference/symposium attended and presented.
Pharmacology and Toxicology
SEMINAR PRESENTED/WORKSHOP ORGANISED
• Presented One day seminar on various Screening models like CNS, CVS, Pulmonary Cancer and various other diseases related models.
• Presented One day seminar on OECD, ICH Guidelines and Current trends of Pharmacovigilance in India at RCPIPER 2015.
• Organized one day workshop on Advanced experimental techniques and data acquisition pharmacological research at The Shirpur Education Society’s R. C. Patel Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Shirpur, Dist.- Dhule (Maharashtra) In Collaboration with AD Instruments South Asia (India) Pvt Ltd
• Mahajan UB, Patil PD, Chandrayan G, Patil CR, Agrawal YO, Ojha S, et al. Eplerenone pretreatment protects the myocardium against ischaemia/reperfusion injury through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-dependent pathway in diabetic rats. Molecular and cellular biochemistry 2018:1-13 (IF 2.8)
• Mahajan UB, Chandrayan G, Patil CR, Arya DS, Suchal K, Agrawal YO, et al. The Protective Effect of Apigenin on Myocardial Injury in Diabetic Rats mediating Activation of the PPAR-gamma Pathway. International journal of molecular sciences 2017;18(4). (IF 3.4)
• Goyal SN, Mahajan UB, Chandrayan G, Kumawat VS, Kamble S, Patil P, et al. Protective effect of oleanolic acid on oxidative injury and cellular abnormalities in doxorubicin induced cardiac toxicity in rats. American Journal of Translational Research 2016;8(1):60-9. (IF 3.2)
• Kokilambigai K, Lakshmi K, Kumar A, Chandrayan G, Satyam K, Singh K. Spectrophotometric Estimation of Cilnidipine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Form using N-(1-Naphthyl) Ethylene Diamine Dihydrochloride. International journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences 2014;6(9). (IF 0.8)
• Umesh B. Mahajan, Govind Chandrayan, Chandragouda Patil, Dharamvir Singh Arya, Kapil Suchal, Shreesh Ojha, Sameer N. Goyal, Eplerenone attenuates myocardial infarction via modulation of PI3K/Akt pathway and phosphorylation of GSK-3β in diabetic rats. (Communicated)