Dr. Obagbuwa Ibidun Christiana
Discipline of Information Systems and Technology
School of management, information technology, and Governance
University of KwaZulu-Natal
Westville Campus, Private Bag 54001
Durban 4000, South Africa
I obtained a Ph.D. in computer science by April 2015 from the University of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa. I obtained a master degree in computer science from the University of PortHarcourt, Nigeria by 2006. I got a bachelor (honour) degree in computer science from the University of Ilorin by 1998. I graduated with the Nigeria certificate in education (NCE) in computer science and mathematics education from the college of education, Ikere-Ekiti, Nigeria by 1993.
I have taught quite a number of computer science courses over the years, and also engage in the supervision of research work, and have supervised quite a number of research work till date. The outputs of my research works have been presented in quite a number of local and international conferences and as well been published in reputable journals. I am involved in the peer review of academic and professional Journals and have equally served as theses external examiner to universities.
I am happily married, and my marriage is blessed with three children.
Data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, evolutionary computing, and swarm intelligence etc.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
2013, Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
2012 , Member, Operations Research Society of South Africa (ORSSA).
2006, Member, Nigeria Computer Society (NCS)
2006, Member, Computer Professionals Registration council of Nigeria (CPN)
1. A.P Abidoye and I.C Obagbuwa (2017), Distributed denial of service attacks in wireless sensor networks detection and countermeasures, IET Wireless Sensor Systems, ISSN 2043-6386 Received on 17th March 2017, Revised 31st October 2017, Accepted on 10th November 2017, doi: 10.1049/iet-wss.2017.0029, www.ietdl.org.
2. Abidoye A.P. and Obagbuwa I.C. (2017), Models for Integrating Wireless Sensor Networks into the internet of things (MIWIT), IET Wireless Sensor Systems. ISSN 2043-6386, doi: 10.1049/iet-wss.2016.0049.
3. Odokuma E. E and Obagbuwa I.C. (2017). “Development of a Fuzzy Mamdami Inference System for the Assessment of the Academic Standing/Continuation Requirements in Higher Educational Institutions”, International Journal of Computer Trends and Technology © 2017 by IJCTT Journal, Volume-46 Number-1, doi> 10.14445/22312803/IJCTT-V46P103
4. Obagbuwa I.C and Abidoye A.P (2016). A Binary Cockroach Swarm Optimization for Combinatorial Optimization Problem. Algorithms 2016, 9, 59; doi:10.3390/a9030059.
5. Obagbuwa, I.C.; Adewumi, A.O.; Adebiyi, A.A. (2014) Stochastic Constriction Cockroach Swarm Optimization for Multidimensional Space Function Problems. Math. Probl. Eng. 2014, 2014.
6. Obagbuwa, I.C.; Adewumi, A.O. (2014) An Improved Cockroach Swarm Optimization. Sci. World J. 2014, 2014.
7. Aborisade , D. O., Oyelade, O. J., Obagbuwa, I. C., Oladipupo, O. O., Obembe O. O., Ewejobi, I. T. (2013). “Comparative Analysis between Split and HierarchyMap Treemap Algorithms for Visualizing Hierarchical Data”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), Vol. 11, No. 3.
8. Obagbuwa I.C., Oyelade O. J., Oladipupo O. O., Aborisade D.O., Ewejobi I. T. (2012) “Design and Implementation of Meetings Document Management and Retrieval System”, International Journal of Computer Science and Security (IJCSS) Volume 6, Issue 6.
9. Oyelade O.J, Oladipupo O.O, and Obagbuwa I.C. (2010), “Application of k-means Clustering Algorithm for Prediction of Students’ Academic Performance”, International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security (IJCSIS), 7(1):292-295.
10. Ugwu C., Onyejegbu N.L and Obagbuwa I.C. (2010), “The Application of Machine Learning Technique to Malaria Diagnosis”, International Journal of Green Computing (IJGC), 1(1): 68-77.
ii. Articles under Review in Peer-Reviewed Journal.
1. Obagbuwa I.C, and Abidoye A.P, Solving Global Optimization Problems with Blend Cross-over Cockroach Swarm Algorithm, under review, Journal of Numerical Analysis, Industrial and Applied Mathematics (JNAIAM), European Society of Computational Methods in Sciences and Engineering (ESCMSE).
2. Abidoye A.P. and Obagbuwa I.C., Energy Efficient Routing Protocol for Maximum
Lifetime in Wireless Sensor Networks (EERPM), under review, SAIEE Africa Research
iii. Published Articles in Refereed Conference Proceedings
1. I.C Obagbuwa (2018), “Discrete Multi-valued Search Space Cockroach Swarm Algorithm”, ACCEPTED, UKSim-AMSS 20th International Conference on Modelling & Simulation, Cambridge University (Emmanuel College), 27 - 29 March 2018.
2. I.C Obagbuwa (2018), “Swarm Intelligence Algorithms and Applications to Real-world Optimization Problems: A Survey”, ACCEPTED, UKSim-AMSS 20th International Conference on Modelling & Simulation, Cambridge University (Emmanuel College), 27 - 29 March 2018.
3. Obagbuwa I.C and Abidoye A.P (2017) “Adaptive cockroach swarm algorithm”, Published by the American Institute of Physics, AIP Conference Proceedings 1863, 360008 (2017); doi: 10.1063/1.4992537, View online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4992537.
4. Obagbuwa I.C and Maharaj M.S (2016) “A Dynamic Step-size Adaptation Roach Infestation Algorithm for Constrained Engineering Optimization Problems”, BICT'15 Proceedings of the 9th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired Information and Communications Technologies (formerly BIONETICS), Pages 479-482. New York City, United States — December 03 - 05, 2015. Published by ICST (Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering) ICST, Brussels, Belgium, Belgium ©2016 ISBN: 978-1-63190-100-3 doi>10.4108/eai.3-12-2015.2262602.
5. Obagbuwa I.C, Adewumi A.A, Adebiyi A.A (2014). “A Dynamic Step–Size Adaptation Roach Infestation Optimization”. International conference on advance computing (IACC 2014), February 21-22, 2014, Gurgaon, India.
6. Obagbuwa I.C. and Adewumi A.O. (2014), ``Modified Roach Infestation Optimization,'' In proceedings of IEEE conference on computational intelligence in bioinformatics and computational biology (CIBCB 2014), Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, May 21st to 24th, 2014.
7. Obagbuwa I. C. and Owolabi O. (2008), “Application of Information and Communication Technologies to Document Management”. In: E.R Adagunodo (ed) Proceedings of the Third International Conference on ICT Applications (AICTTRA 2008), Pages 134-142.
8. Obagbuwa I. C (2008). “Using Mobile Agent Technology to Improve Electronic Learning Environments”. Proceedings of the 29th International Conference of Nigeria Association for Educational Media and Technology, Pages 91-102.