Priyanka Vashisht, MBBS, RhMSUS
Assistant Professor, Division of Rheumatology and Immunology
Associate Program Director, Rheumatology fellowship
University of Cincinnati Medical Center
Education and Training
July 2017: RhMSUS, Musculoskeletal ultrasound certification in Rheumatology.
October 2016: ABIM Rheumatology certification completed
July 2014-June 2016: Rheumatology fellowship at University of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska.
June 2016: USSONAR certification completion; training for musculoskeletal ultrasound.
August 2012: American Board of Internal Medicine certification completed.
July 2009-June 2012: Internal Medicine residency, Creighton University, Omaha
Aug 2006-May 2008: GP-VTS (General practice residency), LNR Deanery, UK
July 2003-April 2005: Dermatology residency (diploma), Delhi University, India.
Aug 1997-Dec 2002: Medical School, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi Univ.
August 2016- ongoing: Started position as Assistant Professor Rheumatology at University of Cincinnati Medical Center.
July 2014-June 2016: Rheumatology fellowship at University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska.
July 2013-June 2014: Research Trainee appointment at Mayo Clinic, with Dr Timothy Niewold; worked on project on type 1 Interferon levels in Rheumatoid arthritis.
July 2012-June 2013- Assistant Professor Internal Medicine, Creighton University, Omaha. Worked as Primary care physician for a large clinic population as well as did inpatient service rounds on a busy medicine service along with residents and medical students.
July 2009-June 2012: Resident in Internal Medicine, Creighton University, Omaha
Aug 2006-May 2008: Senior House officer and Registrar at Northampton General Hospital and Abbey house surgery, Daventry, United Kingdom, respectively.
July 2003-April 2005: Junior resident in Dermatology, Delhi University, India.
Jan 2002-Dec 2003: Rotating clerkship (Internship) in Medicine, Surgery, Ob-Gyn, Pediatrics, Anesthesia, Orthopedics at Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi, India.
Honors, Awards & Distinctions
• USSONAR scholarship award: Jan 2016; for participation and completion of the training program for the Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists.
• Rheumatology research symposium travel scholarship June 2015
• Congress of Clinical Rheumatology Fellow scholarship award of $1000, May 2015
• Sponsorship and travel grant by the British Association of Dermatologists for presenting my work on skin tuberculosis in the annual meeting in Glasgow July 2005.
• National Merit Scholarship Award by the Directorate of Education in India for outstanding performance in high school: 1996-97.
• Certificate of merit in the 10th National level Science Talent Search Examination 1995 by the “United Council for educational Research and Scientific advancement in learning”.
• Vashisht P, Hearth-Holmes M. Sweet’s syndrome. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2017 Jun-2017 Jan 31. PMID: 28613704
• Vashisht P, Borghoff K, Hearth-Holmes M. Belimumab for the treatment of recalcitrant cutaneous lupus. Lupus. 2016 Jan 1:961203316682097. doi: 1177/0961203316682097. [Epub ahead of print]
• Vashisht P, O’Dell. Not all TNF inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis are created equal: Important clinical differences. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2017 Jun 8. PMID: 28594252
• Vashisht P, Harlan S, Mikuls T, Michaud K. Generalizability of patients with Rheumatoid arthritis in Biologic clinical trials. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2016 Oct;68(10):1478-88. PMID: 26866293
• Muskardin1*, Priyanka Vashisht 2*, et al (* Indicates co-first authors) Baseline serum interferon beta/alpha ratio predicts response to tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibition in rheumatoid arthritis; Ann Rheum Dis. 2016 Oct;75(10):1757-62. PMID(26546586)
• Vashisht P, Casale T. Omalizumab for treatment of allergic rhinitis. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2013 Jun; 13(6):933-45. PMID(23621175)
• Vashisht P, Sahoo B, Reddy BSN. Cutaneous tuberculosis in children and adolescents: a clinicohistological study. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2007 Jan; 21(1):40-7 (Original article) (30 citations). PMID (17207166)
• Akturk HK, Sotello D, Ameri A, Abuzaid AS, Rivas AM, Vashisht P. Toxoplasma Infection in an Immunocompetent Host: Possible Risk of Living with Multiple Cats. Cureus. 2017 Mar 19;9(3):e1103. doi: 10.7759/cureus.1103. PMID: 28435763
• Akturk HK, Vashisht P. How far you can trust c-ANCA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Mar 1;2013
• Vashisht P, Akturk K, Krajicek B, Modrykamien A. Painful muscle mass, weight loss and worsening cough. Case report submitted to the journal- Case reports in Pulmonology.
1. Vashisht P, Danve A et al. Inter-Reader Agreement of a Novel Method of Radiographic Scoring of Rheumatoid Arthritis. 2015 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. Abstract Number: 1321
2. Vashisht P, Payne J etal. Antibody Responses to Citrullinated Porphyromonas Gingivalis Peptidylarginine Deiminase: Associations with Disease Risk Factors and Severity in Rheumatoid Arthritis. ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting. Abstract Number: 518
3. Vashisht P, Hearth-Holmes M. Belimumab for the treatment of recalcitrant cutaneous lupus – a pilot project. Abstract for oral presentation at the Rheumatology Dermatology society meeting 2015, San Francisco
4. Vashisht,P Zheng Liu, Yangsheng Yu, Hearth-Holmes, O’Dell, Klassen, Zhixin Zhang, Kaihong Su. Association of anti Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) antibodies with disease parameters in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Accepted for presentation at ACR Rheumatology Research symposium, San Diego. 2015
5. Vashisht P, Muskardin TW, Dorschner J, Niewold T. Baseline serum interferon beta/alpha ratio predicts response to tumor necrosis factor alpha inhibition in rheumatoid arthritis; Abstract for presentation in ACR 2014
6. Vashisht P, Sayles H, Mikuls T, Erickson A. A novel, feasible and reliable method of radiographic scoring of rheumatoid arthritis. ACR San Diego in October 2013 Abstract Number: 1968
7. Vashisht P, Harlan S, Mikuls T, Michaud K. Generalizability of patients with Rheumatoid arthritis in Biologic clinical trials. Arthritis Rheum 2011 Oct; 63 (10 Supp): 1 Abstract Number:1200
8. Vashisht P, Sahoo B, Reddy BSN. Clinico-histological study of cutaneous tuberculosis in children and adolescents. British Journal of Dermatology 2005; 53(suppl 1): abstract pg 49.
9. Davies GA, Thornton CA, Moller M, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikhchandani P, Benjamin S, Benton A, Gravenor MB, Hopkin JH. IL-13 Signalling Polymorphisms Predict Asthma and Immune Phenotypes in an Unselected Population. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2007, 175 (Abstracts Issue): A458.
10. Davies GA, Moller M, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikhchandani P, Benjamin S, Sansbury M, Gravenor MB, Hopkin JH. IL-13 Signalling Polymorphisms Predict Lung Function in an Unselected Population. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2007, 175 (Abstracts Issue): A832.
11. Davies GA, Moller M, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikhchandani P, Benjamin S, Sansbury M, Gravenor MB, Hopkin JH. IL-13 signalling polymorphisms predict asthma and atopy phenotypes in an unselected population. Thorax 2006; Dec (Abstracts Issue): S124 (ORAL PRESENTATION).
12. Davies GA, Thornton CA, Moller M, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikhchandani P, Benjamin S, Gravenor MB, Benton A, Hopkin JH. Adiposity associates with asthma, IgE and eotaxin levels. Thorax 2006; Dec (Abstracts Issue): S83.
13. Davies GA, Gravenor MB, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikhchandani P, Benjamin S, Benton A, Moller M, Hopkin JH. Adiposity predicts asthma and pulmonary function in a young adult population. Thorax 2006; Dec (Abstracts Issue): P219.
14. Davies GA, Gravenor MB, Gopalakrishnan D, Bikchandani P, Benjamin S, Williams R, Hopkin JM. Body fat predicts asthma and pulmonary function. Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society 2006; 3 (Abstracts Issue): A527.
• STAT Pearls: online learning guide for medical students, residents and practitioners. Authored 3 chapters-Sweet syndrome, Discoid lupus and Malar rash; published March 2016
• "Cytokines: Diagnostic and Clinical Applications," (MMCLI8-0082-2014R) has been accepted for publication in the up-and-coming Manual of Molecular and Clinical Laboratory Immunology, 8th edition.
• Vashisht P. Hair Care and Cosmetics. In: Reddy BSN eds. Hair loss-why it occurs and what to do? 2005: 79-96.