Prof. Essam Farouk Soussa
Professor of Oral Biology
Faculty of Dentistry
Essam Farouk Soussa graduated from Alexandria University, Egypt (BDS 1980). I have a Master of Master Degree in Oral Biology (M.Sc.D.), November 1984 Faculty of Dentistry, Alexandria University. And a Philosophy Doctor (Ph.D.) in Oral Biology, April 1989 Faculty of Dentistry, Alexandria University. Worked in Oral Biology Department Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University from 28/2/1982, Attending Scientific Mission as a scholar contributions as Research following oral Biology. In the University of Illinois at Chicago, college of Dentistry and Research studies in oral physiology in the Medical college of Georgia school of Dentistry from July 15 to October 11, 1996. Attending several workshops on medical education and professional developing, Developing effective teaching portfolios, Assessment strategies, Teaching & Assessing Professionalism, strategies for improving research outcomes. Had been Head of the Oral Biology Department from 18/12/2000 - 30/8/2002. Vice Dean of Postgraduate & Research in Dental Faculty from 21/10/2001 to 30/8/2002. Professor in College of dentistry, University of Dammam (Formerly King Faisal University) College Of Dentistry from 1/9/2002 to 1/9/2013. Currently, Professor in Oral Biology Department Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University. Professor part-time in college of dentistry Horus university I am President of Egyptian Salivary glands Society, Membership in the Saudi dental society and Association des Medicines Franco-phones. Have been presented oral Presentations and posters in Local and International Conferences. I published more than 30 scientific publications in Egyptian and international journals. And During my career I have successfully supervised more than 10 M.Sc. D, and PhD students and several Thesis I discussed. Arbitrators Member to examine the scientific production for positions professors and assistant professor from 26/9/2016. I became editorial board member for the dental journal: journal of Dental Health, oral disorders & therapy,EC dental science & biomedical journal of scientific & technical research editorial panel, Modern Research in Dentistry (MRD), Journal of Dental and Oral Research, Reviewer for Cogent Biology, Advances in Dentistry and Oral Health (ADOH), Research in Medical & Engineering sciences, Modern Research in Dentistry, Mansoura dental journal, Modern Approaches in Dentistry and Oral Health Care.
Oral biology & histology, dental morphology, salivary glands, TMJ, Apoptosis, Lymph vessels of the oral cavity, pulp stem cells.
Membership In Organization
1. Membership in the Saudi dental society.
2. Vice President of Egyptian Salivary glands Society.
3. In the Egyptian Dental Association.
4. In League of dentists.
5. In Association des Medicines Franco-phones.
6. Academy of general dentistry (Sep. 1996).
The prizes obtained
Who's Who in Medicine & Healthcare 2011-2012 (8th edition)
International Health Professional of the year for 2012.
1. Histological study of gingival lymphatic vessels in hepatic Schistosomiasis. Mansoura dental journal, Vol.2 No.2 April 1990, 1-17.
2. Histological, histochemical and ultrastructural study of healing extraction wounds in rat’s oral mucosa. Alexandria university faculty of dentistry proceedings of the 4th Alexandria international dental congress. 14-17 November 1990.
3. Histological and ultrastructural studies of carious tooth pulps in normal and diabetic Egyptian adults. Alexandria dental journal, Vol.16 No.3 July 1991. (151-188).
4. The use of hexatidine cetrimide in management of gingivitis. Accepted for publication in Tanta medical journal, July 10.1991.
5. Histomorphological study of lymph vessels in the periodontal ligament of rat incisors and molars. University of Alexandria, faculty of medicine proceedings of the 12th annual scientific congress, Vol.1 (abstract 68), July, 26-28, 1991.
6. Histological studies on the teratogenic and toxicologic effects of insecticides on the oral tissues of rats offspring’s. Alexandria university faculty of dentistry proceedings of the international congress of oral health for the Egyptian child.10-12 December 1991.
7. Surgical management and histological study of recurrent white lesions, Al –Azhar dental journal, Vol.7 No.2 March 1992. (201-321).
8. Observation with scanning electron microscope of gingival tissue changes in diabetes mellitus. Accepted for publication in Mansoura dental journal, July 1992.
9. Local effects on sensory nerves using two different treatment modalities. Accepted for publication in Tanta medical journal, September 2.1992.
10. Morphologic and topographic study of the human dental pulp tissue using scanning electron microscope. Mansoura dental journal, Vol.4, No.4, October 1992. (97-114).
11. A histological and scanning electron microscopy study of the roots of human premolars after prolonged application of orthodontic force. Accepted for publication in Tanta medical journal, October 16.1992.
12. Blood analysis determination of mercury& tissue response to dental amalgam in mother and offspring in rats. Alexandria university faculty of dentistry proceedings of the 8th Alexandria international dental congress .28-31 October 1992.
13. Histologic study of extraction wound healing in desalivated rat’s oral mucosa. Al-Azhar university faculty of girl medicine, proceedings of 16th congress of the Egyptian society of histology and cytology .31 December 1992.
14. A histological and scanning electron microscopy study of the roots of human premolars after prolonged application of orthodontic force. Egyptian orthodontic journal, Vol.7.June 1993. (145-164).
15. The effect of actinomycin “D” on the healing of bone defects in dogs, Magued Hussein,Nagy El-Berrence,Samraa El-Sheikh, Essam F Soussa, Alexandria dental journal.Vol.9, No.1, January 1994. (89-97).
16. Evaluation of the healing of bone graft with and without hydroxyl –apatite, Mansoura dental journal, Tarek Mahmoud,Magued Hussein,Nagy El-Berrence, Essam F Soussa, Vol.6, No.1, junary1994.
17. The effect of pre and post-operative radiation of the healing of bone (experimental study), Mansoura dental journal.Vol.6, No.2, April 1994. (1-12).
18. histological study of traumatic occlusion on tempromadibular joint and the effect of using different ant-inflammatory drugs, Ebtessam Fathy, Essam F Soussa,Thanaa Saad El-Din, Alexandria dental journal.Vol.19, No.4, October 1994. (1-21).
19. Effect of Helium-neon laser on hyperemic pulps in permanent and deciduous teeth, Alexandria university faculty of dentistry has been presented and proceedings of the 9th Alexandria international dental congress .11th -14th November 1994.
20. Effect of Helium-neon laser on hyperemic pulps in permanent and deciduous teeth, Jordan dental association has been presented and proceedings of the 13th Jordanian dental congress .11th -14th April 1995.Amman-Jordan.
21. Histological changes in rabbit submandibular glands following Reserprine treatment, Alexandria university faculty of dentistry has been presented and proceedings of the 10th Alexandria international dental congress .12th -15th November 1996.
22. The effect of different dietary consistency on mandibular condyle of young & adult rats, Essam F Soussa ,Hisham Osman, Alexandria dental journal.Vol.22, No.4, October 1997. (11-24).
23. Different localizations of Connexin 42 Gap junction proteins in rat salivary glands, Essam F Soussa, Cairo dental journal.Vol.13, No.3, November 1997. (473-477).
24. Identification of apoptosis in rat ameloblasts in different stages via specific labeling of DNA fragmentation, Essam F Soussa, Alexandria dental journal.Vol.23, No.1, January 1998. (1-12).
25. Histological changes in rabbit submandibular salivary glands following surgical sympathectomy, Alexandria university faculty of dentistry has been presented and proceedings of the 2nd Egyptian salivary glands society congress .15th -16th September 1999.
26. Histological changes in rabbit submandibular salivary glands following surgical sympathectomy, Alexandria university faculty of dentistry has been presented and proceedings of the 12th Alexandria international dental congress .14th -17th November 2000.
27. Phenophoritically driven Diclofenac as an effective Non-Invasive treatment of the TMJ traumatic arthritis: bioavailability and histological evaluation, Heba M. Elsbaa Farouk M. Sakr, Ebtessam M. Fathy, Essam. F. Soussa, King Khalid University Journal, natural, medical, technical sciences Bi-Annual referred journal, issue No.3 Vol.2.2006, (29-53).
28. Studying effect of soft laser on human pulp tissue of permanent & deciduous teeth, Essam F Soussa,Amr Mahrous, Aly Sharaf ,Egyptian Dental journal. Volume (58), Number (1.3), Jan 2012. (761-772).
29. Poster presentation Theme: "Tissue response and blood analysis determination of mercury release from dental amalgam" at the 10th annual symposium held on Jumada-II, 11th -12th, 1433H (May 2nd -3rd 2012 G). At Sheraton hotel, by College of dentistry, University of Dammam.
30. Evaluation of oral tissue response and blood levels of mercury released from dental amalgam in rats, Essam Soussa, Yosreya Shalaby , Ahmed M. Maria , Ola M. Maria , 2013/8/31, Archives of oral biology 58 (8), 981-988
31. Effects of double ligation of Stensen ’ s duct of the rabbit parotid gland ,OM Maria , SM Maria , RS Redman , AM Maria, TA Saad El-Din,EF Soussa, SD Tran. 2014/4, Biotechnic & Histochemistry 89 (3), 181-198
32. Non Surgical Treatment of TMJ Dislocation. Essam Soussa and Magued Fahmy. EC Dental Science 3.2 (2015): 496-500.( Citation: Essam Soussa and Magued Fahmy. “Non Surgical Treatment of TMJ Dislocation”. EC Dental Science 3.2 (2015): 496-500.)
33. The Dangers of Dental Amalgam. Essam Soussa. J Dent Health Oral Disord Ther 2015, 2(3): 00052.( Citation: Soussa E (2015) The Dangers of Dental Amalgam. J Dent Health Oral Disord Ther 2(3): 00052. DOI: 10.15406/jdhodt.2015.02.00052).
34. Efficacy of Two Different Mouth Washes on the Incidence of Rats Gingival Overgrowth Induced By Cyclosporine-A. Amal .M. Hossin Edawadi, Nesreen Nabil Abd elsalam, Mohammed I. Mourad and Essam Farouk soussa. EC Dental Science 3.6 (2016): 649-657.( Citation: Amal .M. Hossin Edawadi., et al. “Efficacy of Two Different Mouth Washes on the Incidence of Rats Gingival Overgrowth In¬duced By Cyclosporine-A”. EC Dental Science 3.6 (2016): 649-657.)
35. The Effect of Micro Abrasion for Color Modification on the Topography and Acid Resistance of Enamel. Essam Soussa , Magda keya-El Housseiny,SF Dent Oral Res. Jun 2, 2017 - 2:1, 2017, J Res Oral Dent SF.