Prof. Loai Aljerf
Department of Basic Sciences
Faculty of Dental Medicine
Loai Aljerf is a Prof in the Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Dental Medicine/Damascus University. He is a specialist in analytical and industrial chemistry. He obtained many awards and published more than 50 peer-reviewed papers (two of them in French) in Environmental Sciences, Green Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Synthesis Chemistry, Concrete, Ceramics, Paper Industry, Petrochemical, Extraction, Separation, Lithium-Ion-Batteries, and Oral Chemistry. He is a partner in Advances in Cleaner Production Network, and a member of the German Chemical Society e.V. (GDCh), Asian Chemical Society, and the American University of Beirut. He is a member of the higher committee of the 6th International Workshop-Advance in Cleaner Production (São Paulo, Brazil (May 24th to 26th - 2017)) and in more than 20 conference organizing committees. Loai Aljerf is in the Cambridge Scholars Publishing-Life Science Advisory Board and an editor of more than 50 journals and a reviewer for Top journals in Industry, Chemical Engineering, and Environmental Chemistry.
Industrial Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Environmental Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Chemistry, Green Chemistry, Cement Industry, Ceramics, Paper Industry, Advances in Cleaner Production, Climate Change, Pollution, Wastewater Treatment, Air Pollution, Eco-friendly Biopolymers, Persistent Organic Pollutants, Polychlorinated biphenyls, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, Nanotechnology, Adsorption, Ecology and Natural Resources, Biodiversity, Sustainable Development, Waste Management, Environmental Management, Life Cycle Assessment, Ecodesign, Design for the Environment, Energy Labeling, Eco-efficiency, Chromatography, HPLC, GC, MS, AAS, Spectroscopy, and Lithium-Ion-Batteries.
Publons Peer Review Awards 2017 for Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Energy, and Business, Management, and Accounting
Peer-reviewed Publications in Journals
1. Aljerf L. 2015. Effect of thermal-cured hydraulic cement admixtures on the mechanical properties of concrete. Interceram: International Ceramic Review. 64(8), 346-356. DOI: 10.1007/bf03401142
2. Aljerf L. 2015. Change theories drift conventional tourism into ecotourism. Acta Technica Corvininesis - Bulletin of Engineering. 8(4), 101-104. DOI: 10.17632/sn32gxr7t7.1
3. Aljerf, L. 2015. Fabrication et test d’un catalyseur d’acide sulfonique approprié pour la réaction de production des biocarburants. Afrique SCIENCE. 11(6), 349–358. DOI: 10.17632/wb3yvd946d.1
4. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. 2015. The efficient implementation of the Jift as one of the Olive Mill Waste (OMW) in urea extraction from urine. Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Meteorology, Environment and Arid Land Agriculture Sciences. 26(1), 101 – 114. DOI: 10.4197/Met. 26-1.9
5. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. 2016. Sustainable development in Damascus University: A survey of internal stakeholder views. Journal of Environmental Studies. 2(2), 1–12. DOI: 10.13188/2471-4879.100012
6. Aljerf L. 2016. Méthode de synthèse économique et environnementale de la cardolite alkylée. American Journal of Innovative Research and Applied Sciences. 3(1), 415–422. DOI : 10.17632/wsgrrnxfpf.1
7. Aljerf L. 2016. Development of a method for classification of hospitals based on results of the Diagnosis-Related Groups and the principle of Case-Mix Index. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 22(5), 327-334. DOI: 10.26719/2016.22.5.327
8. Aljerf L. 2016. Reduction of gas emission resulting from thermal ceramic manufacturing processes through development of industrial conditions. Scientific Journal of King Faisal University. 17(1), 1-10 (In Arabic). DOI: 10.17632/c4j2c5ks7d.1
9. Aljerf L. 2016. Green technique development for promoting the efficiency of pulp slurry reprocess. Scientific Journal of King Faisal University. 17(2), 1–10 (In Arabic). DOI: 10.17632/6rgxsd48yc.1
10. Aljerf L. and Mashlah A. 2017. Characterization and validation of candidate reference methods for the determination of calcium and magnesium in biological fluids. Microchemical Journal. 132, 411–421. DOI: 10.1016/j.microc.2017.03.001
11. Aljerf L. and Alhaffar I. 2017. Salivary distinctiveness and modifications in males with Diabetes and Behçet's disease. Biochemistry Research International. 2017, 1–12. DOI: 10.1155/2017/9596202
12. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. 2017. Hydroxyapatite and Fluoroapatite behavior with pH Change. International Medical Journal. 24(5), 407-410.
13. Choukaife A.E. and Aljerf L. 2017. A descriptive study – in vitro: new validated method for checking Hap and Fap Behaviours. International Medical Journal. 24(5), 394-397.
14. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. 2017. A novel method to chromatographically resolution of sulphonamides by vapour-programmed Thin-Layer Chromatography. MOJ Bioorganic & Organic Chemistry. 1(4), 00024. DOI: 10.15406/mojboc.2017.01.00024
15. Aljerf L. 2017. Syrian medical legislation impacts stories on pharmacy in the millennium. Chronicles of Pharmaceutical Science. 1(5), 307-311.
16. Aljerf L. 2017. Biodiversity is key for more variety for better society. Biodiversity International Journal. 1(1), 1-4. DOI: 10.15406/bij.2017.01.00002
17. Aljerf L. 2017. Previous Errors - Recent Scientific Opinion towards water fluoridation. EC Dental Science. 1(1), 36-38.
18. Aljerf L, Beasley K, Smith B. and Ganeshan N. 2017. Glass chromatography application: TLC separation of benzoic esters in pharmaceutical products. International Journal of Biochemistry Advances. 1(1), 1-8.
19. Aljerf L. and Al-Kuddsi A.E. 2017. A method for the manufacture of paper pulp from okra stem fibers. Journal of Damascus University-Agriculture 33(1), 277-290.
20. Aljerf L. 2018. High-efficiency extraction of bromocresol purple dye and heavy metals as chromium from industrial effluent by adsorption onto a modified surface of zeolite: kinetics and equilibrium study. Journal of Environmental Management 225, 120-132.
21. Aljerf L. 2018. Data of thematic analysis of farmer's use behavior of recycled industrial wastewater. Data in Brief 21, 240-250.
22. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Mercury toxicity: ecological features of organic phase of mercury in biota- Part I. Archives of Organic and Inorganic Chemical Sciences 3(3), 1-8.
23. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. A gateway to metal resistance: bacterial response to heavy metal toxicity in the biological environment. Annals of Advances in Chemistry 2(1), 32-44.
24. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Chromium isotopes detection in their ores with minimal errors. Annals of Advances in Chemistry 2(1), 45-54.
25. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Persistence and bioaccumulation of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in the soil and aquatic ecosystems: Syrian frontiers in ecology and environment. Sustainability in Environment 3(4), 358-386.
26. Aljerf L, and AlHamwi B. 2018. Exploratory study of Xanthine Dehydrogenase (XD) accumulation in chicks’ organs: XD natures and its inhibitory activities. Journal of Advances in Biology 11(1), 2269-2276.
27. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Syrian Case Study: Behçet’s disease clinical symptomatologies, ocular manifestations, and treatment. Chronicles of Pharmaceutical Science 2(2), 502-509.
28. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. In modern ocular pharmacology-dexamethasone the top active corticosteroid. EC Pharmacology and Toxicology 6(6), 463-468.
29. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. 2018. Review: Assessment of the doable utilisation of dendrochronology as an element tracer technology in soils artificially contaminated with heavy metals. Biodiversity International Journal 2(1), 1–8. DOI:10.15406/bij.2017.02.00037
30. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. High resolution chromatography and sensitive retention: optimization of the experimental conditions for proteins extraction by preparative HPLC. Journal of Progressive Research in Modern Physics and Chemistry 3(1), 97-103.
31. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Halothane anesthesia – fact or fallacy? International Journal of Drug Safety and Discovery 2(1), 010.
32. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. In vitro investigated study of the relationship among fluoride of plaque and caries. EC Dental Science 17(6), 892-899.
33. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. An assessment of the US and UN safety precautions for pesticides in milk by labeling medicine alarm strategy for all dairy animal products. International Journal of Drug Safety and Discovery 2(1), 009.
34. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Educational study of the best Eco-Friendly applicatory dental restorative methods in using well-designed chemical composition of amalgam. Acta Scientific Dental Sciences 2(8), 113-120.
35. Aljerf L, and AlMasri, N. 2018. Excellent crystal coloration and an extraordinary improvements of developing synthetic quartz single crystals growth and defects. Archives of Organic and Inorganic Chemical Sciences 3(3), 1-8.
36. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Flame propagation model and combustion phenomena: observations, characteristics, investigations, technical indicators, and mechanisms. Journal of Energy Conservation 1(1), 31-40.
37. Aljerf L, and AlMasri N. 2018. Beyond pain, fear, withdrawal-findings, and problems involving change - treatment and application for a chronic addiction on alcohol do not end. Drug Designing & Intellectual Properties International Journal 2(1), 1-9.
38. Aljerf L, AlMasri N, and Prince U. 2018. Statistical relationship between milk constituents used in breeding programs during lactation: French Case Study. International Journal of Case Reports and Studies 2(2), 88-91.
39. Aljerf L, and AlHamwi, B. 2018. Up-to-date meth¬ods used in dental materials designs. Mathews Journal of Dentistry 3(1), 020.
40. Aljerf L. 2018. Toxicological investigations in food. Global Journal of Nutrition & Food Science 1(1), 1.
41. Aljerf L. and Nadra R. 2018. Developed greener method based on MW implementation in manufacturing CNFs. International Journal of Nanomanufacturing 14. (In press, see: http://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/forthcoming.php?jcode=ijnm)
42. Aljerf L. 2018. Advanced highly polluted rainwater treatment process. Journal of Urban and Environmental Engineering 12(1). (In press, see: http://www.periodicos.ufpb.br/ojs2/index.php/juee/article/view/33173)
43. Aljerf L. 2018. Environmental behavior sustains environmental performance in order to green people’s profiles. Indian Journal Science and Technology. (In press)
44. Aljerf L. and Choukaife A.E. Developing of low-cost ecological method provides a higher efficiency of major minerals separation from lithium-ion batteries leftovers. Journal of Damascus University- Engineering Science 2(3), 27-39. In Press (In Arabic).
45. Aljerf L. Making an Eco-friendly biopolymer product for use in packaging industry. Journal of Damascus University- Engineering Science. In Press (In Arabic).
Peer-reviewed Publications in Magazines
1. Aljerf L. 2016. Say goodbye to antibiotics- “A vision since my childhood”. Elevate-The HonorSociety.org Magazine. https://www.honorsociety.org/articles/say-goodbye-antibiotics-vision-my-childhood
2. Aljerf L. 2016. Recycling opens the door for precious extraction of heavy metals from lithium-ion batteries. Elevate-The HonorSociety.org Magazine. https://www.honorsociety.org/articles/recycling-opens-door-precious-extraction-heavy-metals-lithium-ion-batteries
3. Aljerf L. 2016. Toxic metals removal from municipal solid waste by using fungi. Elevate-The HonorSociety.org Magazine. https://www.honorsociety.org/articles/toxic-metals-removal-municipal-solid-waste-using-fungi