Professor Ziad Al-Dwairi BDS, PhD
Vice Dean/Director of Dental Teaching Clinics/Irbid
Professor of Prosthodontics
Faculty of Dentistry
Jordan University of Science and Technology
Irbid – Jordan
Professor Ziad N. Al-Dwairi works as Vice Dean and Director of Dental Teaching Clinics at Faculty of Dentistry/ Jordan University of Science and technology. He is Professor of Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics and Implant Dentistry at Jordan University of Science and Technology, holds PhD in Prosthodontics, Queens University/Belfast, UK in 2001, Fellowship of The International Academy of Dento Facial Esthetics (FIADFE) in 2012 and Fellowship of the International College of Dentists FICD/2015, Fellowship of The Academy of Dentistry International/2016(FADI), Fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy FPFA/2017 and
Membership of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (MFDSRCPS-Glasg)/2017 and Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MFDSRCS-Ed)/2017, Membership of Royal College of Surgeons of England (MFDSRCS Eng) and membership of Faculty of General Dental Practice; MFGDP(UK)/2017.
Currently he holds the following positions:
- Visiting Professor of Prosthodontics at City of London Dental School, (UK).
- President of Jordanian Section of International Association for Dental Research.
- Member of the advisory team of Dooox (https://www.dooox.de/Advisory-Team).
- Jordan's Representative at OSAP( Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures).
- Associate Editor,, Clinical oral healthcare research, BMC oral health Journal
- Member of the International Advisory board for Edorium Journals
- Dentistry Board Member" of Global Outreach Medical & Health Association
He worked as vice president of the Restorative Dentistry Committee/ Jordan Medical Council and Member of the National Committee for contentious medical education/Jordan Medical Council. He is a former member of University Council/Jordan University of Science and Technology and worked as Chairman of the Prosthodontics Department, Faculty of Dentistry/Jordan University of Science and Technology and a Former Assistant Dean / Faculty of Dentistry/ Jordan University of Science and Technology.
• Standards of clinical and laboratory procedures for construction of fixed and removable prostheses
• Oral Infections related to removable prostheses
• Infection Control
• Esthetics Dentistry
• Implant Dentistry
• Restoration of Endodontically treated teeth
• Periodontics-Restorative Dentistry Interface
• Shortened Dental arch
International prizes and honors as follows:
1. The senior prize The Elida Gibbs Travel Award 2000 from the Irish Division of International Association for Dental Research (IADR)
2. The Procter and Gamble Research award 2000. Oral and Dental Research Trust, London
3. (BSSPD research Prize 2001). British Society for the study of Prosthetic Dentistry First Research Prize
4. Certificate of recognition from IADR and AADR 2002, Get a member Campaign
5. Member of the Advisory Group For Dental Ethics Manual, FDI
6. Executive Committee of African and Middle East Federation of IADR
7. The first research prize in Prosthodontics from Society of Arab Dental Faculties (SARDF) 2010
8. Fellowship of the International Academy for Dento-Facial Esthetics FIADFE/2012
9. Fellowship of the International College of Dentists FICD/2015
10. Fellowship of the Academy of Dentistry International FADI/2016
11. Fellowship of the Pierre Fauchard Academy FPFA/2017
12. Membership of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow (MFDSRCPS-Glasg)/2017
13. Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (MFDSRCS-Ed)/2017
14. Membership of Faculty of General Dental Practice; MFGDP(UK)/ 2017
15. Membership of Royal College of Surgeons of England (MFDSRCS Eng) /2017
He is currently involved in teaching undergraduate and graduate students in all field of Prosthodontics in addition to involvement in advanced programs for MFDS Trainees, High specialty trainees and advanced clinical trainees in Prosthodontics
He supervised several MSc students as a main and a co advisor and as an examiner for 27 theses in all disciplines of Prosthodontics with more than 49 publications in high impact international journals. In addition, he works as a reviewer for 41 International Peer reviewed Journals and on editorial board of 43 International Journals. He attended more than 39 local and international conferences and more than 24 workshops in disciplines of Implant dentistry, Prosthodontics, Cone Beam CT, Dental education, Quality assurance and health informatics.
He was a Member of the International advisory group formed by FDI for publishing the Dental Ethics Manual in 2007 and carried out its translation into Arabic Language to be available to all Arabic natives.