Dr. Sireesha Mamillapalli
Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
School of Science
Scranton, PA – 18509, USA
Wichita State University, Wichita, KS Doctor of Philosophy Ph.D., Chemistry Defended thesis-December 2017
“Structural and Stability studies on Domain 4 of anthrax toxin protective antigen (PA); its role in anthrax pathogenesis”
Master of Science MS., Chemistry (Fall 2016)
Wichita State University, Wichita KS
Master of Science M.Sc. (May 2010)
Andhra University, India
Bachelor of Science B.Sc. (May 2008)
Chemistry Biochemistry & Microbiology
Andhra University, India
Honors and Awards
• ‘Outstanding Teaching Assistant’ in chemistry Fall 2013 & Spring 2016
• B. Lloyd and Eleanor B. Parker Graduate fellowship Fall 2012 & 2013
• Jerry B. Cohlmia chemistry fellowship Fall 2014 & 2015
• Dr. Erach R Talaty chemistry fellowship Fall 2015
• ‘Effects of the receptor CMG2 on stability changes in domain 4 of anthrax protective antigen in
comparison to the full-length protein’ Mamillapalli S, Bann JG. Gordon Research conference
(Proteins), June 2015.
• ‘Role of His616-Tyr642 hydrogen bond on the thermodynamic stability of domain 4 of the anthrax
toxin protective antigen’ Mamillapalli S, Bann JG. American chemical society Midwest regional
meeting, November 2013.
• ‘Effect of the receptor CMG2 on stability changes in domain IV of anthrax toxin protective antigen’
Mamillapalli S, Bann JG. GRASP, Wichita State University April 2016.
• Volunteer for the program ‘Expanding Your Horizon’ to motivate young women in pursuing Science
careers held at Wichita state University.
• Actively involved in STEM outreach programs for performing basic chemistry experiments.
• Assistant lab coordinator for Science Olympiad program at Wichita state university.
• Judged a policy debate for a group of high school students held at Wichita East high school.
• ‘Stability of domain 4 of the anthrax toxin protective antigen and the effect of the VWA domain of
CMG2 on stability’ Mamillapalli S, Miyagi M, Bann JG. Protein science 2016.
• ‘Long-Range Stabilization of Anthrax Protective Antigen upon Binding to CMG2’ Mullangi V,
Mamillapalli S, Anderson DJ, Bann JG, Miyagi M. Biochemistry 2014.
• ‘Thermodynamic stabilization of anthrax PA by the soluble VWA domain of CMG2 and effects on
anti-PA IgG titer production kinetics in mice’ Mamillapalli S, Bann JG. (Manuscript under
• ‘Identification of a stalled intermediate of anthrax protective antigen that precedes formation of a pore’
Mamillapalli S, Bann JG. (Manuscript under preparation)