Tesfaheywet Zeryehun Shiferaw
Department of Veterinary Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
P.O.Box 138, Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
2007-2010: Universiti Putra Malaysia, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine,
Malaysia, Graduated with degree: Master of Science in Hematology and Clinical Pathology
1997-2004: Addis Ababa University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ethiopia, Graduated with degree: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.
1994-1997: Medhanealem Comprehensive Secondary School, Ethiopia: Ethiopian Schools Leaving Examination.
1. Associate professor of hematology and clinical pathology at the College of Veterinary Medicine Haramaya University since December 2014 to date.
2. Assistant Professor of hematology and clinical pathology at the College of Veterinary Medicine Haramaya University since June 2010 to 2014.
3. Lecturer at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Haramaya University, Ethiopia from August 2004-July 2007.
4. Member of Ethiopian Veterinary Association, Ethiopia since 2004.
Small ruminant parasiology, Poultry Disease, Diagnostic Veterinary Pathology, Immunopathology.
CERTIFICATES OF AWARD
1. Academic excellence award from the government of Japan through the Ethiopian Association in 2002.
2. Received NPT project fund through NUFFIC program, the Netherlands, for postgraduate studies at University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia, 2007.
3. Members of the Executive Committee (Recreation and Sports Development), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Graduate Students Association (VGA) 2007/2008, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
4. Members of the Executive Committee (Vice President), Faculty of Veterinary Medicine Graduate Students Association (VGA) 2007/2008, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
5. Members of the Executive Committee (Secretary General), Universiti Putra Malaysia-International Student Association (UPMISA) 2009/2010, Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
1. A Seminar on Concepts and Problems of Livestock Development (2003).
Title: Molecular tools in the diagnosis of zoonotic tuberculosis
2. Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Thesis (2004)
Title: Major Health Problems of Livestock in Yerer Water-shed, Adaliben Woreda, Southeastern Shoa, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia.
3. Master of Science (2010).
Title: Hematological, biochemical and pathological changes in specific pathogen-free chickens infected with very virulent infectious bursal disease virus of Malaysian isolates
4. Tesfaheywet, Z., Hair-Bejo, M. and Rassedee, A. (2008). Hematological and blood chemistry changes in response to very virulent infectious bursal disease virus of Malaysian isolate infection in specific pathogen free chickens. Proceedings of the 29th Malaysian Society of Animal Production Conference, 25-27 May 2008, Penang. Pp. 54-55.
5. Tesfaheywet, Z., Hair-Bejo, M. and Rassedee, A. (2009). Pathological and hematological changes in response to very virulent infectious bursal disease virus of Malaysian isolate infection in specific pathogen free chickens. Proceedings of the 1st Malaysian Society of Veterinary Pathology Congress, 15-17 August 2009, Kuching, Sarawak, pp. 4-8.
6. Tesfaheywet, Z., Hair-Bejo, M. and Rassedee, A. (2009). Gross lesions and coagulation defects in specific pathogen-free chickens infected with very virulent infectious bursal disease virus isolate of Malaysia. Proceedings of the 21st Veterinary Association Malaysia Congress, 31 August 2009, Port Dickson.
7. Tesfaheywet, Z., Hair-Bejo, M. and Rassedee, A. (2012). Biochemical changes in specific pathogen-free chickens infected with very virulent infectious bursal disease virus isolate of Malaysia, Global Veterinaria, 8(1): 08-14.
8. Tesfaheywet, Z., Hair-Bejo, M. and Rassedee, A. (2012). Hemorrhagic and Clotting Abnormalities in infectious bursal disease in specific-pathogen-free chicks, World Applied Science Journal, 16(8): 1123-1130.
9. Abraham, Z. and Tesfaheywet Z. (2012). Prevalence of bovine trypanosomosis in the Selected district of Arba Minch, Snnpr, Southern Ethiopia, Global Veterinaria, 8 (2): 168-173.
10.Tesfaheywet Z. and Berhanu, B. (2012). The antimicrobial resistant pattern of fecal Escherichia coli in selected broiler farms of eastern Hararge zone, Ethiopia. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 4(1):188-194.
11.Tesfaheywet Z. and Getnet F. (2012). Seroprevalence of Infectious bursal disease in chickens managed under backyard production system in Central Oromia, Ethiopia. African Journal of Microbiology Research, 6(38): 6736-6741.
12.Hailu, Z., Tesfaheywet Z. and Amare, E. (2012). Helminthosis of Chickens in Selected Small Scale Commercial Poultry Farms in and around Haramaya Woreda, Southeastern Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Advances, 2(9): 462-468.
13.Tesfaheywet Z. (2012). Helminthosis of Sheep and Goats in and around Haramaya, Southeastern Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Health, 4(3):48-55.
14.Tesfaheywet Z. and Misgana, T. (2012). Prevalence of Mange Mites on Small Ruminants at Nekemte Veterinary Clinic, East Wollega Zone, Northwest Ethiopia. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, 11(10): 1411-1416.
15.Ayana, M. Tesfaheywet, Z. and Getnet, F. (2012). A cross-sectional study on the prevalence of bovine Trypanosomosis in Amhara region, Northwest Ethiopia. Livestock Research for Rural Development, 24(08).
16.Tesfaheywet Z. and Muluneh A. (2012). Ectoparasite infestation of small ruminants. Eurasian Journal of Veterinary Science, 28 (4): 185- 189.
17.Tesfaheywet Z. and Negash K. (2012). Prevalence of Ovine Fasciolosis in Oda Bultum Woreda, Western Hararghe, Ethiopia. Global Veterinaria, 9(5): 530-534.
18.Tesfaheywet Z. and Mengesha L. (2012). Prevalence of Mange Mites of Goats in and Around Kombolcha, SouthWollo, Amhara National Regional State, Northeastern Ethiopia. World Applied Sciences Journal, 19 (1): 106-111.
19.T. Zeryehun, T. Aya and R. Bayecha (2013). Study on prevalence, bacterial pathogens and associated risk factors of Bovine mastitis in and around Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 23(1): 50-55.
20.Onu, S. and Tesfaheywet, Z (2013) Prevalence of ectoparasite infestations of cattle in Bench Maji zone, southwest Ethiopia, Veterinary World 6(6): 291-194.
21. Diriba Diba, Yoseph Mekashab, Mengistu Urge, Adugna Tolera and Tesfaheywet Zeryehun (2015). Effect of Ficus sur fruits supplementation on rumen ammonia nitrogen, pH concentration, and blood profile of Hararghe highland sheep fed natural pasture hay basal diet. Ethiopian Journal of Animal Production, 15(1):1-16.
22. Nateneal Tamerat and Tesfaheywet Zeryehun (2015). Prevalence and Identification of Ectoparasites Fauna in Small Ruminants in Selected Areas of Eastern Ethiopia. African Journal of Basic and Applied Science, 7 (5): 240-246. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.ajbas.2015.7.5.95236
23. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Yonas Yohannes (2015). Ectoparasite infestation of free scavenging chickens reared under traditional backyard production system in Wolayita Zone, southern Ethiopia. Ethiopian Veterinary Journal, 2015, 19 (2):55-66. http://dx.doi.org/J 0.4314/evj. v J 9i2. 2
24. Fethu Lemma, Tesfaheywet Zeryehun, Dirsha Demam, Nateneal, Tamerat and Serkalem Mindaye (2016). Molecular Detection and Antibody Level Determination of Infectious Bursal Disease Virus in Chicken Raised in Dire Dawa and Harar Town, Eastern Ethiopia. Global Veterinaria, 16 (2): 145-149. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.gv.2016.16.02.10211.
25. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Fekade Tsegaw (2016). Endoparasites of donkeys in Dessie and its surroundings, Northeastern Ethiopia. Ethiopian Veterinary Journal, 20 (1):79-90. http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/evj.v20i1.6
26. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Simeon Hailu (2016). Major ectoparasites of small ruminants in Bench Maji Zone, southern Ethiopia. Livestock Research and Rural Development, 28 (4). http://www.lrrd.org/lrrd28/4/tesf28063.html
27. Kassa Shawle, Mengistu Urge, Getachew Animut, and Tesfaheywet Zeryehun (2016). Broiler Performance, Carcass Characteristics, Haematology and Serum Biochemical parameters as Affected by Hot Red pepper (Capsicum Frutescens) Powder Supplementation. Indian Journal of Animal Nutrition, 33:2.
28. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun, Meseret Asrat, Negassi Amha and Mengistu Urge (2017). Effects of Supplementation of Different Levels of Garlic (Allium Sativum) on Selected Blood Profile and Immunity of White Leghorn Chicken. Biotechnology in Animal Husbandry, 33 (3): 333-348.
29. Negesse Mekonnen, Yohannes Sika, Firew Lejebo and Tesfaheywet Zeryehun (2017). Evaluation of the efficacy of various concentration of deltamethrin-impregnated targets on tsetse fly in and around Arba Minch, South Western Ethiopia. Journal of Entomology and Zoological Studies, 5(6): 403-408.
30. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun, Godana Haro and Bedane Adane (2017). A Cross-sectional Study on the Prevalence of Mastitis and Associated Bacterial Pathogens in One-humped Camels (Camelus dromedarius) in Pastoral Area of Borena Lowland, Southern Ethiopia. Global Veterinaria, 18 (2): 108-115. DOI: 10.5829/idosi.gv.2017.108.115.
31. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Biruk Alemu (2017). Major Gross Lesions of Lung in Cattle Slaughtered at Hawassa Municipal Abattoir, Southern Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Volume 2017, Article ID 1702852, 7 pages https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/1702852.
32. Meseret Asrat, Tesfaheywet Zeryehun, Negassi Amha and Mengistu Urge (2017). Effects of supplementation of different levels of garlic (Allium sativum) on egg production, egg quality, and hatchability of white leghorn chicken. Livestock Research and Rural Development
33. Demelash Mekonnen, Amare Eshetu and Tesfaheywet Zeryehun (2017). Prevalence of Bovine Trypanosomosis in Dembecha Woreda Amhara Region, Northwest Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Science and Technology, 8:1. DOI: 10.4172/2157-7579.1000413.
34. Tatek Teshome, Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Tamirat Kaba (2017). Cystic echinococcosis: prevalence and economic significance in small ruminants slaughtered at Efora Export Abattoir, Bishoftu, Ethiopia. Ethiopian Veterinary Journal, 21 (2):11-27.doi.org/10.4314/evj.v21i2.2.
35. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Gerema Abera (2017). Prevalence and Bacterial Isolates of Mastitis in Dairy Farms in Selected Districts of Eastern Harrarghe Zone, Eastern Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Medicine, Volume 2017, Article ID 6498618, 7 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/6498618
36. Mengistu Urge, Kassa Shawle, Getachew Animut, Tesfaheywet Zeryehun, and Meskerem Adamu (2017). Protective Efficacy of Lepidium sativum, Capsicum frutescens, and their Mixtures against Experimentally Induced Eimeria tenella Infection in Broiler Chickens. East African Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, 1 (1) 19-30.
37. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Nigus Degefaw (2017). Prevalence and Factors Associated with Small Ruminant‟s Lungworm Infection in and around Mekelle Town, Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. Journal of Veterinary Science and Technology, 2017, 8:5. DOI: 10.4172/2157-7579.1000476
38. Tesfaheywet Zeryehun Shiferaw (2017). Control and prevention of infectious bursal disease: a review. In: Antimicrobial research: Novel bio knowledge and educational programs, A. Méndez-Vilas (Ed.), Microbiology Book Series, 6: 463-471. (Publisher, Formatex Research Center; ISBN: 978-84-947512-0-2). (Chapter in a book)
39. Tamrat Tadesse, Berhanu Tilahun, Shimelis Mengistu, Sisay Alemu, Tesfaheywet Zeryehun and Dese Kefyale (2019). Prevalence and species distribution of ectoparasite of domestic dogs in Jimma town, Oromia regional state, southwest Ethiopia. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies, 7(2): 1154-1157.