Vinod Kumar, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Ph.D. (Biochemistry) CFTRI, Mysore (India) 2009-2014
Master’s (Biotechnology) University of Mysore (India) 2004-2006
Bachelors (Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry) University of Lucknow (India) 1999-2002
University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE (USA)
Postdoctoral Research Associate Dec 2014-present
Professional Research Experience
• Postdoctoral at Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center,
(March 1, 2016- to date). Working on a project entitled “microRNA and Hedgehog inhibitor-based therapy for the treatment of Pancreatic Cancer and Medulloblastoma.
• Postdoctoral at Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA (December 9, 2014, to February 28, 2016). Worked on a project entitled “Role of epigenetic and Sumoylation signaling on cellular homeostasis during oxidative stress and aging with special reference to cell survival molecules, Prdx6 and LEDGF in human lens epithelial cells.”
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry (2009-2014) from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, INDIA. Title of the Ph.D. thesis: “Molecular
Engineering of the horsegram (Dolichos biflorus) Seed Bowman-Birk Inhibitor: Implications of the disulfide framework on functionality.”
• Project Assistant at Department of Protein Chemistry and Technology, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore. (August 2006 to June 2009). Worked on the project entitled “Cyclic peptide as proteinase inhibitor: purification, molecular cloning, and expression.”
• Project work for master's programme at the Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical
Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA (January 2006 to April 2006). Worked on “Isolation, Purification, and Crystallization of C-lobe of Bovine Lactoferrin.”
Cancer Biology, microRNA, Molecular Biology, Proteomics and Structural Biology of Proteins
Honors and Awards
Best podium presentation (2nd prize) at BRDS, Omaha (NE) USA 2018
UNeMed Research and Innovation Recognition Award
Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, (NE) USA 2017
Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), Government of India 2009-2012
Best poster presentation (2nd) 2012
Selected for student oral presentation 2011
Best poster presentation award 2007
Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (Life Science), Government of India 2006
CSIR & UGC-National Eligibility Test, Government of India 2005
All India combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination, Government of India 2004
1. Vinod Kumar, Virender Kumar, Amit Kumar Chaudhary, Donald W. Coulter, Timothy McGuire and Ram I. Mahato. Impact of miRNA-mRNA Profiling and Their Correlation on Medulloblastoma Tumorigenesis. Molecular Therapy: Nucleic Acids 12 (2018) 490-503.
2. Vinod Kumar, Amit K Chaudhary, Yuxiang Dong, Haizhen A. Zhong, Goutam Mondal, Feng Lin, Virender Kumar, and Ram I Mahato. Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of novel Hedgehog inhibitors for treating Pancreatic Cancer. Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 1665.
3. Vinod Kumar, Virender Kumar, Timothy McGuire, Donald W. Coulter, John G. Sharp, and Ram I. Mahato. Challenges and Recent Advances in Medulloblastoma Therapy. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 38 (2017) 1061-1084.
4. Virender Kumar, Vinod Kumar, Jiangtao Luo and Ram I. Mahato. Therapeutic Potential of OMe-PS-miR-29b1 for treating Liver Fibrosis. Molecular Therapy-12 (2018) 2798-2811 (doi: 10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.08.022).
5. Vinod Kumar, Saravanan Murugeson, Neha Vithani, Balaji Prakash and Lalitha R Gowda. A salt bridge stabilized C-terminal hook is critical for the dimerization of a Bowman-Birk inhibitor. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 566 (2015) 15-25.
6. Vinod Kumar, and Lalitha R. Gowda. The contribution of two disulfide bonds in the trypsin binding domain of horse gram (Dolichos biflorus) Bowman-Birk inhibitor to thermal stability and functionality. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 537 (2013) 49-61.
7. Vinod Kumar, and Lalitha R. Gowda. Production of horse gram (Dolichos biflorus) BowmanBirk Inhibitor by an intein-mediated protein purification system. Protein Expression and Purification. 89 (2013) 16-24.
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /home/u8u0h9yfbgy4/public_html/soaoj.com/wp-content/themes/dazzling/functions.php on line 337
Notice: Undefined property: WP_Error::$slug in /home/u8u0h9yfbgy4/public_html/soaoj.com/wp-content/themes/dazzling/functions.php on line 338