Yanghua He, PhD
MS 341, Room D3018
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
262 Danny Thomas Place
Memphis, TN 38105-3678
Ph. D. China Agricultural University, Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal
Science & Technology, Beijing, China. Sep. 2009-Jun. 2012
Emphasis: Epigenetic mechanisms in bovine mastitis
Advisor: Prof. Yuan Zhang
M. S. China Agricultural University, Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal
Science & Technology, Beijing, China. Sep. 2007-Jul. 2009
Emphasis: Association analysis of gene single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) with milk
production traits in Chinese Holstein
Advisor: Prof. Yuan Zhang & Associated Prof. Ying Yu
B. A. Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, Animal Science, College of Animal Science &
Technology, Hohhot city, Inner Mongolia, China. Sep. 2002-Jul. 2006
Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, College of Computer Science, Took all core
courses, Hohhot city, Inner Mongolia, China. Sep. 2003-Jul. 2005
HONORS AND AWARDS
1. May 25, 2017 Shaffner Award, First Place Presentation of Research in Poultry, 31st Annual Symposium, Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, United States
2. Jan. 10-14, 2015 Travel fellowship with International Plant & Animal Genome Conference XXIII. Animal Epigenetics workshop, San Diego, CA, United States
3. Jul. 20-23, 2014 Travel scholarship with 10th International Symposium on Marek’s Disease and Avian Herpesviruses. East Lansing, MI. United States
4. Jun. 2012 Excellent Ph.D. thesis with honor of China Agricultural University
5. Oct. 2009 Excellent paper Award with honor in 7th national academic conference of cattle science association of China Animal and Veterinary Society, Nanjing city (China)
6. Jun. 2009 Excellent master thesis with honor of China Agricultural University
7. 2009-2011 Research Achievement Award with honor of China Agricultural University
Star stands for the first author or equal-first author
1. Yanghua He*, Hao Bai, Jose Adrian Carrillo, Yaokun Li, Guirong Sun, Jiuzhou Song. DNA methylation footprints in chicken Marek’s disease. Preparing. 2018.
2. Hao Bao, Yanghua He*, Yi Ding, Shuang Chang, Huanmin Zhang, Jilan Chen, Jiuzhou Song. Grandparental lineage in a reciprocal cross showed no detectable effect on survival days of F2 White Leghorns in response to a very virulent plus Marek’s disease virus challenge. Submitting to the Journal. 2018.
3. Yanghua He*, Bo Han, Yi Ding, Huanmin Zhang, Li Zhang, Chunfang Zhao, Ning Yang, and Jiuzhou Song. Linc-GALMD1 as a viral regulator in Chicken Marek's disease.
Submitting to BMC Genomics 2018.
4. Hao Bai, Yanghua He*, Yi Ding, José A. Carrillo1, Huanmin Zhang, Ramesh K. Selvaraj, Jilan Chen, Jiuzhou Song. Allele-Specific Expression (ASE) and Differential Expression (DE) of CD4+ T Cells in response to Marek’s Disease Virus Infection. Revising for Oncotarget (IF 5.168). 2018 (Equal-first author)
5. Lingyang Xu, Yanghua He*, Juan Luo, Jose Adrian Carrillo, Yi Ding, George Liu, Huanmin Zhang, Hans H Cheng, Jiuzhou Song. Genome-wide assessment of genetics characteristics of inbreed lines indicates selection of resistance to Marek’s Disease. Revising for Plos One. 2018. (Equal-first author)
6. Yanghua He*, John Edwards, Jinzhi Lei, Bichun Li and Jiuzhou Song. The DNA methylation landscape and regulatory elements during chicken germ stem cell differentiation. Stem Cell Reports (IF 8.20). 2018. Accepted.
7. Bo Han, Yanghua He*, Li Zhang, Yi Ding, Ling Lian, Chunfang Zhao, Jiuzhou Song, and Ning Yang. Long intergenic non-coding RNA GALMD3 in chicken Marek’s disease.
Scientific Reports. 2017 Aug 31;7(1):10294. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-10900-2. (Equal-first author)
8. Lingyang Xu, Yanghua He*, Yi Ding, Guirong Sun, Jose Carrillo, Yaokun Li, Mona Ghaly, Li Ma, Huanmin Zhang, George Liu, Jiuzhou Song. Characterization of copy number variation's potential role in Marek’s Disease. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2017, 18(5), 1020; doi:10.3390/ijms18051020. (Equal-first author)
9. Tahir Usman, Yachun Wang, Chao Liu, Yanghua He, Xiao Wang, Yichun Dong, Hongjun Wu, Airong Liu, Ying Yu. Novel SNPs in IL-17F and IL-17A genes associated with somatic cell count in Chinese Holstein and Inner-Mongolia Sanhe cattle. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology. Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology. 2017. 8:5. doi: 10.1186/s40104-016-0137-1
10. Dong Li, Yanghua He, Jiuzhou Song, Yani Zhang and Bichun Li. Regulation of crucial lncRNAs in differentiation of chicken embryonic stem cells to spermatogonia stem cells. Animal Genetics. 2016. doi: 10.1111/age.12510.
11. Yanghua He*, Minyan Song, Yi Zhang, Xizhi Li, Jiuzhou Song, Yuan Zhang and Ying Yu. Whole-genome regulation analysis of histone H3 lysin 27 trimethylation in subclinical mastitis cows infected by Staphylococcus aureus. BMC Genomics. 2016 Aug 8; 17(1): 565. doi: 10.1186/s12864-016-2947-0.
12. Minyan Song, Yanghua He, Huangkai Zhou, Yi Zhang, Xizhi Li, Ying Yu. Combined analysis of DNA methylome and transcriptome reveal novel candidate genes relevant with susceptibility to bovine Staphylococcus aureus subclinical mastitis. Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 29390 (2016) doi:10.1038/srep29390
13. José A. Carrillo, Yanghua He, Yaokun Li, Richard A. Erdman, Tad Sonstegard, Jiuzhou Song. Integrated metabolomic and transcriptome analyses reveal finishing forage affects metabolic pathways related to beef quality and animal welfare. Scientific Reports 6, Article number: 25948 (2016) doi:10.1038/srep25948
14. Yanghua He*, Yi Ding, Fei Zhan, Huanmin Zhang, Gangqing Hu, Keji Zhao, Ning Yang, Jiuzhou Song. The conservation and signatures of lincRNAs in Marek's disease of chicken. Scientific Reports, 5, 15184; doi: 10.1038/srep15184 (2015).
15. Nan Liu, J. N. He, W. M. Yu, Kaidong Liu, Ming Cheng, Jifeng Liu, Yanghua He, Jinshan Zhao, X. X. Qu. Transcriptome analysis of skeletal muscle at prenatal stages in Polled Dorset versus Small-tailed Han sheep. Genet Mol Res. 2015 Feb 6;14(1):1085-95. doi: 10.4238/2015.February.6.12.
16. Yaokun Li, José A. Carrillo, Jianan Liu, George Liu, Yanghua He, Yi Ding, Chunping Zhao, Linsen Zan, and Jiuzhou Song. Transcriptomic profiling of spleen in grass-fed and grain-fed Angus cattle. PLOS One. 2015 Sep 14; 10(9): e0135670. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0135670. eCollection 2015.
17. José A. Carrillo, Yanghua He, Juan Luo, Kimberly R. Menendez, Nathaniel L. Tablante, Keji Zhao, Joseph N. Paulson, Bichun Li, Jiuzhou Song. Methylome Analysis in Chickens Immunized with Infectious Laryngotracheitis Vaccine, PLOS One. Published: June 24, 2015DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0100476.
18. Yaokun Li, José A. Carrillo, Yi Ding, Yanghua He, Chunping Zhao, Linsen Zan, and Jiuzhou Song. Ruminal Transcriptomic Analysis of Grass-Fed and Grain-Fed Angus Beef Cattle. PLOS One. Published: June 19, 2015DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0116437.
19. Apratim Mitra, Juan Luo, Yanghua He, Yulan Gu, Huanmin Zhang, Keji Zhao, Kairong Cui and Jiuzhou Song. Histone modifications induced by MDV infection at early cytolytic and latency phases. BMC Genomics 2015, 16:311. doi: 10.1186/s12864-015-1492-6.
20. Yanghua He*, Jose A. Carrillo, Juan Luo, Yi Ding, Fei Tian and Jiuzhou Song. Genomewide mapping of DNase I hypersensitive sites and association analysis with gene expression in MSB1 cells. Front Genet. 13 October 2014 | doi: 10.3389/fgene.2014.00308
21. Nan Liu, Hegang Li, Kaidong Liu, Juanjuan Yu, Ming Cheng, Wei De, Jifeng Liu, Shuyan Shi, Yanghua He and Jinshan Zhao. Differential expression of genes and proteins associated with wool follicle cycling. Mol Biol Rep. 2014 May 22
22. Xiaoshuo Wang, Yuan Zhang, Yanghua He, Peipei Ma, Lijun Fan, Yachun Wang, Yi Zhang, Dongxiao Sun, Shengli Zhang, Chuduan Wang, Jiuzhou Song and Ying Yu. Aberrant promoter methylation of the CD4 gene in peripheral blood cells of mastitic dairy cows. Genetics and molecular research. 2013, 12(4): 6228-6239.
23. Yanghua He*, Ying Yu, Yuan Zhang, Jiuzhou Song, Apratim Mitra, Yachun Wang, Dongxiao Sun, Yi Zhang, Shengli Zhang. The genomic landscape of H3K27me3
modification in bovine lymphocytes. Plos One. Published: June 28, 2012 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0039094
24. Jian Gao, Han-qi Zhang, Jian-zhong He, Yanghua He, Shu-mei Li, Rong-guang Hou, Qiaoxing Wu, Yang Gao and Bo Han. Characterization of Prototheca zopfii Associated with Outbreak of Bovine Clinical Mastitis in Herd of Beijing, China. Mycopathologia Online First™, 9 December 2011. DOI 10.1007/s11046-011-9510-y
25. Yanghua He*, Qin Chu, Peipei Ma, Yachun Wang, Qin Zhang, Dongxiao Sun, Yi Zhang, Ying Yu and Yuan Zhang. Association of bovine CD4 and STAT5b single nucleotide polymorphisms with somatic cell scores and milk production traits in Chinese Holsteins. Journal of Dairy Research 2011.78: 242-249.
26. Yanghua He*, Ning Yang, and Jiuzhou Song. The current and future of epigenetics in poultry health. Proceeding paper. THE XXV WORLD'S POULTRY CONGRESS. Beijing, China. 2016.
27. Yanghua He* and Jiuzhou Song. The Current and Future of Epigenetics of Marek’s Disease in Chickens. The 62nd Annual National Breeders Roundtable. Breeders Roundtable, 2013 Pages 19-25
28. Yanghua He* and Jiuzhou Song. 2016. Book Chapter 15 Bioinformatics analysis of Epigenetics. In: Bioinformatics in Aquaculture (edited by John Liu), Blackwell Publishing, Ames, IA. ISBN10: 1118782356. ISBN13: 9781118782354. Publication date: 11 Nov 2016. Publication City/Country New York, United States.
29. Yanghua He*, Ying Yu and Yuan Zhang. Relationships between copy number variations and human disease and its perspective in animal disease-resistant breeding. HEREDITAS (Beijing). November 2008. 30(11): 1385―1391 (in Chinese)