Yuan-Hung Wang, PhD
Taipei Medical University
No.291, Zhongzheng Rd., Zhonghe District
New Taipei City, 23561, Taiwan
Dr. Wang started his master course in 1997 and has occupied a Research Assistant at the institute of epidemiology in the National Taiwan University up to 2002. Currently, Dr. Wang is an Associate Professor at the Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, and he also worked at the Department of Medical Research, Taipei Medical University-Shuang Ho Hospital as a senior research fellow. Over the last 10 years, he has focused his scientific interests on the topics related to chronic diseases including lung cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer and colorectal cancer, and cardiovascular diseases. With his expertise in public health, molecular epidemiology, biotechnology and translational medicine, he has established a series of platforms for preclinical evaluation of diagnostics/therapeutics. In addition, Dr. Wang has published numerous SCI journal papers and reviewed for many academic journals. Especially, he worked with gastrointestinal doctors to perform a comparative study of conventional colonoscopy, magnifying chromoendoscopy, and magnifying narrow-band imaging systems in the differential diagnosis of small colonic polyps between trainee and experienced endoscopist. Recently, Dr. Wang interested in the field of cholelithiasis and related complications among patients with type II diabetes mellitus. In the further works, the innovative, translational and evidence-based medical research has ever been a pursuit in his academic research career.
1. Shen CH, Chiou HY, Tung MC, Wu CC, Kao WT, Wang YH, Juang GD.Clinical and demographic characteristics among patients with urothelial carcinomas of the upper urinary tract and bladder in Taiwan Journal of the Chinese Medical Association 2017(80):563-568.
2. Lin JD, Yang SF, Wang YH, Fang WF, Lin YC, Liou BC, Lin YF, Tang KT, Cheng CW.Associations of melatonin receptor gene polymorphisms with Graves' disease PLOS One 2017(12):1-14.
3. Hsieh HY, Jou YC, Tung CL, Tsai YS, Wang YH, Chi CL, Lin RI, Hung SK, Chuang YM, Wu SF, Li C, Shen CH, Chan MWY, Hsu CD.Epigenetic silencing of the dual-role signal mediator, ANGPTL4 in tumor tissues and its overexpression in the urothelial carcinoma microenvironment Oncogene 2017():1-14.
4. Zheng JQ, Lai HJ, Zheng CM, Yen YC, Lu KC, Hu CJ, Lee HH, Wang YH.Association of stroke subtypes with risk of hip fracture: a population-based study in Taiwan Archives of Osteoporosis 2017(12):104-112.
5. Hsu LI, Hsieh FI, Wang YH, Lai TS, Wu MM, Chen CJ, Chiou HY, Hsu KH.Arsenic Exposure From Drinking Water and the Incidence of CKD in Low to Moderate Exposed Areas of Taiwan: A 14-Year Prospective Study American Journal of Kidney Diseases 2017(70):787-797.
6. Kiu KT, Chen HL, Huang MT, Sung CW, Liaw YP, Chang CC, Wang YH, Chen HA.Outcome Analysis of Patients with Gallstone Disease Receiving Cholecystectomy: A Population-Based Cohort Study Digestion 2017(95):132-139.
7. Hsieh HY, Shen CH, Lin RI, Feng YM, Huang SY, Wang YH, Wu SF, Hsu CD, Chan MW.Cyproheptadine exhibits antitumor activity in urothelial carcinoma cells by targeting GSK3β to suppress mTOR and β-catenin signaling pathways Cancer Letters 2016(370):56-65.
8. Lin JD, Fu SS, Chen JY, Lee CH, Chau WK, Cheng CW, Wang YH, Lin YF, Fang WF, Tang KT.Clinical Manifestations and Gene Expression in Patients with Conventional Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Carrying the BRAFV600E Mutation and BRAF Pseudogene Thyroid 2016(26):691-704.
9. Zheng CM, Zheng JQ, Wu CC, Lu CL, Shyu JF, Hsu YH, Wu MY, Chiu IJ, Wang YH, Lin YF, Lu KC.Bone loss in chronic kidney disease: Quantity or quality? Bone 2016(87):57-70.
10. Hsu LI, Wang YH, Hsieh FI, Yang TY, Wen-Juei Jeng R, Liu CT, Chen CL, Hsu KH, Chiou HY, Wu MM, Chen CJ.Effects of Arsenic in Drinking Water on Risk of Hepatitis or Cirrhosis in Persons With and Without Chronic Viral Hepatitis Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2016().
11. Wu MM, Lee CH, Hsu LI, Cheng WF, Lee TC, Wang YH, Chiou HY, Chen CJ.Effect of heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter polymorphism on cancer risk by histological subtype: A prospective study in arseniasis-endemic areas in Taiwan International Journal of Cancer 2016(138):1875-1886.
12. Lin JD, Yang SF, Wang YH, Fang WF, Lin YC, Lin YF, Tang KT, Wu MY, Cheng CW.Analysis of Associations of Human BAFF Gene Polymorphisms with Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases PLoS One 2016(11)
13. Lu CL, Ma WY, Lin YF, Shyu JF, Wang YH, Liu YM, Wu CC, Lu KC.Glycated Albumin Predicts Long-term Survival in Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis Int J Med Sci 2016(13):395-402.
14. Shen CH, Zheng CM, Kiu KT, Chen HA, Wu CC, Lu KC, Hsu YH, Lin YF, Wang YH.Increased risk of atrial fibrillation in end-stage renal disease patients on dialysis: A nationwide, population-based study in Taiwan Medicine 2016(95)
15. Lin JD, Wang YH, Fang WF, Hsiao CJ, Chagnaadorj A, Lin YF, Tang KT, Cheng CW.Serum BAFF and thyroid autoantibodies in autoimmune thyroid disease Clin Chim Acta 2016(462):96-102.
16. Shen CH, Kao WT, Tung MC, Hsueh KC, Wu CC, Wang YH.Association between tumor necrosis factor α-308 G/A polymorphism and bladder cancer risk: a meta-analysis Int J Clin Exp Med 2016(9):14205-14211.
17. Wang YH, Liu TT, Kung WM, Chen CC, Wen YT, Lin IC, Huang CC, Wei L.Expression of aquaporins in intestine after heat stroke International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pathology 2015(8):8742-8753.
18. Wu MM, Lee CH, Hsu LI, Cheng WF, Lee TC, Wang YH, Chiou HY, Chen CJ.Effect of Heme Oxygenase-1 Gene Promoter Polymorphism on Cancer Risk by Histological Subtype: A Prospective Study in Arseniasis-Endemic Areas in Taiwan International Journal of Cancer 2015().
19. Wen YT, Liu TT, Lin YF, Chen CC, Kung WM, Huang CC, Lin TJ, Wang YH, Wei L.Heatstroke Effect on Brain Heme Oxygenase-1 in Rats International Journal of Medical Sciences 2015(12):737-741.
20. Hsu CH, Kakigi CL, Lin SC, Wang YH, Porco TC, Lin SC.Lens Position Parameters as Predictors of Intraocular Pressure Reduction After Cataract Surgery in Nonglaucomatous Patients With Open Angles Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 2015(56):7807-7813.
21. Lin JD, Wang YH, Liu CH, Lin YC, Lin JA, Lin YF, Tang KT, Cheng CW.Association of IRF8 gene polymorphisms with autoimmune thyroid disease European Journal Of Clinical Investigation 2015(45):711-719.
22. Lin IC, Wang YH, Lin CL, Chang YJ, Lee SH, Wang IJ.Diabetic polyneuropathy and the risk of developing diabetic retinopathy: a nationwide, population-based study Acta Ophthalmologica 2015(93):713-718.
23. Lin CH, Wang YH, Chen YW, Lin YL, Chen BC, Chen MC.Transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation of CXCL8/IL-8 gene expression induced by connective tissue growth factor Immunology Research 2015().
24. Yeh DY, Wu CC, Chin YP, Lu CJ, Wang YH, Chen MC.Mechanisms of human lymphotoxin beta receptor activation on upregulation of CCL5/RANTES production International Immunopharmacology 2015(28):220-229.
25. Hsu LI, Wu MM, Wang YH, Lee CY, Yang TY, Hsiao BY, Chen CJ.Association of Environmental Arsenic Exposure, Genetic Polymorphisms of Susceptible Genes, and Skin Cancers in Taiwan Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology 2015()
26. Wen YT, Liu TT, Lin YF, Chen CC, Kung WM, Huang CC, Lin TJ, Wang YH, Wei L.Heatstroke Effect on Brain Heme Oxygenase-1 in Rats International journal of medical sciences 2015(12):737-741.
27. Su CM, Chen MC, Lin IC, Chen HA, Huang MT, Wu CH, Shen KH, Wang YH.Association between the SULT1A1 Arg213His polymorphism and the risk of bladder cancer: a meta-analysis Tumor Biology 2014():-.
28. Lin SY, Lin WM, Lin CL, Yang TY, Sung FC, Wang YH, Kao CH.The relationship between secondary hyperparathyroidism and thyroid cancer in end stage renal disease: a population based cohort study European Journal of Internal Medicine 2014(25):276-280.
29. Lin IC, Wang YH, Wang TJ, Wang IJ, Shen YD, Chi NF, Chien LN.Glaucoma, Alzheimer's Disease, and Parkinson's Disease: An 8-Year Population-Based Follow-Up Study PLoS One 2014(9):1-6.
30. Yang TY, Hsu LI, Chiu AW, Pu YS, Wang SH, Liao YT, Wu MM, Wang YH, Chang CH, Lee TC, Chen CJ.Comparison of Genome-wide DNA Methylation in Urothelial Carcinomas of Patients with and without Arsenic Exposure Environmental Research 2014():-.
31. Huang Y, Liu X, Wang YH, Yeh SD, Chen CL, Nelson RA, Chu P, Wilson T, Yen Y.The prognostic value of ribonucleotide reductase small subunit M2 in predicting recurrence for prostate cancers Urologic Oncology 2014():-
32. Chen HA, Su CM, Hsieh HY, Tung CL, Hsu CD, Wang YH, Shen CH.Clinical Significance of Survivin Expression in Patients With Urothelial Carcinoma Disease Markers 2014():-.
33. Tung MC, Wang YH, Yeh SD, Wu CC, Huang ZM, Huang MT, Chiou HY.Combined effects of GSTO1 and SULT1A1polymorphisms and cigarette smoking on urothelial carcinoma risk in a Taiwanese population J Formos Med Assoc 2014(113):640-647.
34. Wang YH, Yeh SD, Wu MM, Liu CT, Shen CH, Shen KH, Pu YS, Hsu LI, Chiou HY, Chen CJ.Comparing the joint effect of arsenic exposure, cigarette smoking and risk genotypes of vascular endothelial growth factor on upper urinary tract urothelial carcinoma and bladder cancer Journal of Hazardous Materials 2013(262):1139-1146.
35. Hsu LI, Chen GS, Lee CH, Yang TY, Chen YH, Wang YH, Hsueh YM, Chiou HY, Wu MM, Chen CJ.Use of arsenic-induced palmoplantar hyperkeratosis and skin cancers to predict risk of subsequent internal malignancy Am J Epidemiol 2013(177):202-212.
36. Hsu LI, Wang YH, Chiou HY, Wu MM, Yang TY, Chen YH, Tseng CH, Chen CJ.The association of diabetes mellitus with subsequent internal cancers in the arsenic- exposed area of Taiwan J Asian Earth Sci 2013():-
37. Yang TY, Hsu LI, Chen HC, Chiou HY, Hsueh YM, Wu MM, Chen CL, Wang YH, Liao YT, Chen CJ.Lifetime risk of urothelial carcinoma and lung cancer in the arseniasis-endemic area of Northeastern Taiwan J Asian Earth Sci 2013():-.
38. Wu CC, Chen MC, Huang YK, Huang CY, Lai LA, Chung CJ, Shiue HS, Pu YS, Lin YC, Han BC,Wang YH, Hsueh YM.Environmental Tobacco Smoke and Arsenic Methylation Capacity are Associated with Urothelial Carcinoma J Formos Med Assoc 2013(112):554-560.
39. Chou YT, Lee CC, Hsiao SH, Lin SE, Lin SC, Chung CH, Chung CH, Kao YR, Wang YH, Chen CT,Wei YH, Wu CW.The emerging role of SOX2 in cell proliferation and survival and its crosstalk with oncogenic signaling in lung cancer Stem Cells 2013():-.
40. Chio CC, Lin JW, Cheng HA, Chiu WT, Wang YH, Wang JJ, Hsing CH, Chen RM.MicroRNA-210 targets antiapoptotic Bcl-2 expression and mediates hypoxia-induced apoptosis of neuroblastoma cells Arch Toxicol 2013():-.
41. Chou YT, Hsieh CH, Chiou SH, Hsu CF, Kao YR, Lee CC, Chung CH,Wang YH, Hsu HS, Pang ST, Shieh YS, Wu CW.CITED2 functions as a molecular switch of cytokine-induced proliferation and quiescence Cell death and differentiation 2012(19):2015-2028.
42. Wang YH, Yeh SD, Shen KH, Shen CH, Tung MC, Liu CT, Chiou HY.Association of hOGG1 and XPD Polymorphisms with Urothelial Carcinoma in Taiwan Anticancer Research 2011():-.
43. Wu MM, Chiou HY, Chen CL, Hsu LI, Lien LM, Wang CH, Hsieh YC, Wang YH, Hsueh YM, Lee TC, Cheng WF, Chen CJ.Association of heme oxygenase-1 GT- repeat polymorphism with blood pressure phenotypes and its relevance to future cardiovascular mortality risk: An observation based on arsenic-exposed individuals Atherosclerosis 2011():-.
44. Hsu LI, Chen WP, Yang TY, Chen YH, Lo WC, Wang YH, Liao YT, Hsueh YM, Chiou HY, Wu MM, Chen CJ.Genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferase (GST) superfamily and risk of arsenic-induced urothelial carcinoma in residents of southwestern Taiwan J Biomed Sci 2011():-
45. Chou YT, Lin HH, Lien YC, Wang YH, Hong CF, Kao YR, Lin SC, Chang YC, Lin SY, Chen SJ, Chen HC, Yeh SD, Wu CW.EGFR promotes lung tumorigenesis by activating miR-7 through a Ras/ERK/Myc pathway that targets the Ets2 transcriptional repressor ERF Cancer Research 2010():-.
46. Shen CH, Hsieh HY, Wang YH, Chen SY, Tung CL, Wu JD, Lin CT, Chan WY, Hsu CD, Chang DC.High Dickkopf-1 expression is associated with poor prognosis in patients with advanced urothelial carcinoma Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine 2010(1):893-898.
47. Wu MM, Chiou HY, Chen CL, Wang YH, Hsieh YC, Lien LM, Lee TC, Chen CJ.GT-repeat polymorphism in the heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter is associated with cardiovascular mortality risk in an arsenic-exposed population in northeastern Taiwan Toxicology and applied pharmacology 2010(248):226-233.
48. Chen CL, Chiou HY, Hsu LI, Hsueh YM, Wu MM, Wang YH, Chen CJ.Arsenic in Drinking Water and Risk of Urinary Tract Cancer: A Follow-up Study from Northeastern Taiwan Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2010(19):101-110.
49. Wu MM, Chiou HY, Lee TC, Chen CL, Hsu LI, Wang YH, Huang WL, Hsieh YC, Yang TY, Lee CY, Yip PK, Wang CH, Hsueh YM, Chen CJ.GT-repeat polymorphism in the heme oxygenase-1 gene promoter and the risk of carotid atherosclerosis related to arsenic exposure J Biomed Sci 2010():-.
50. Wang YH, Yeh SD, Shen KH, Shen CH, Juang GD, Hsu LI, Chiou HY, Chen CJ.A significantly joint effect between arsenic and occupational exposures and risk genotypes/diplotypes of CYP2E1, GSTO1and GSTO2 on risk of urothelial carcinoma Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2009(241):111-118.
51. Chang CC, Hsieh CR, Lou HY, Fang CL, Tiong C, Wang JJ, Wei IV, Wu SC, Chen JN, Wang YH.Comparative study of conventional colonoscopy, magnifying chromoendoscopy, and magnifying narrow-band imaging systems in the differential diagnosis of small colonic polyps between trainee and experienced endoscopist Int J Colorectal Dis 2009(24):1413-1419.
52. Wang YH, Chiou HY, Lin CT, Hsieh HY, Wu CC, Hsu CD, Shen CH.Association between survivin gene promoter -31 C/G polymorphism and urothelial carcinoma risk in a Taiwanese population Urology 2009(73):670-674.
53. Hsu LI, Chiu AW, Pu YS, Wang YH, Huan SK, Hsiao CH, Hsieh FI, Chen CJ.Comparative genomic hybridization study of arsenic-exposed and non-arsenic-exposed urinary transitional cell carcinoma Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2008(227):229-238.
54. Hsu LI, Chiu AW, Huan SK, Chen CL, Wang YH, Hsieh FI, Chou WL, Wang LH, Chen CJ.SNPs of GSTM1, T1, P1, epoxide hydrolase and DNA repair enzyme XRCC1 and risk of urinary transitional cell carcinoma in southwestern Taiwan Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2008(228):144-155.
55. Wang YH, Lee YH, Tseng PT, Shen CH, Chiou HY.Human NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) and sulfotransferase 1A1 (SULT1A1) polymorphisms and urothelial cancer risk in Taiwan Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology 2008(134):203-209.
56. Wang YH, Juang GD, Hwang TI, Shen CH, Shao KY, Chiou HY.Genetic polymorphism of sulfotransferase 1A1, cigarette smoking, hazardous chemicals exposure and urothelial cancer risk in a Taiwanese population International Journal of Urology 2008(15):1029-1034.