Dr. Pankaj SrivastavaLaparoscopic, Thoracic, Thoracoscopic & VATS Surgeon Om Surgical Center & Maternity Home Varanasi, India
He did his graduation from GSVM medical college, Kanpur in 1997 and postgraduation from Institute of medical sciences, BHU in 2002. He is a keen researcher and is actively engaged in many clinical trials and drug development programme. He was Senior Research Fellow of Indian council of medical research from 2000-2004, in which he did research on polyherbal formulation in biliary stone diseases. He had undergone specialized laparoscopic & thoracoscopic surgery training in 2004 from Indraprasth Apollo Hospital, New Delhi and AdvancedOpen Thoracic, Thoracoscopic, VATS & Robotic Surgery training in 2013 from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. He is an editor of leading international journals related to gastroenterology, hepatology, gynecology, reproductive medicine, surgery, transfusion medicine, neoplasm etc. and has deep interest in scientific publication work. He is member of various medical societies like, ASI, IAGES, ISG, AMASI, IMA.
* Laparoscopic gynecologic surgery
* Thoracic, Thoracoscopic & VATS surgery
* IVF & Infertility procedures
* Gastroenterology and Hepatology
* Herbal drug development
* Clinical drug trials
• The Association of Surgeons of India [ASI-FL 14627]
• Indian Association of Gastrointestinal EndoSurgeons [IAGES-1460]
• Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India [AMASI-2184]
• Indian Society of Gastroenterology [ISG-LM001413]
• Indian Medical Association [IMA]
1. “Concise Physiology” 2001
Aditya Medical Publishers, New Delhi. [ISBN 81-87925-04-3]
2. “All India & AIIMS PGMEE with Explanatory Answers”
Aditya Medical Publishers, New Delhi.
(i) First Edition, 2002 [ISBN 81-87925-11-6]
(ii) Second Edition, 2003 [ISBN 81-87925-25-6]
3. “P.G.I. Entrance Manual with Explanatory Answers” 2006
The Arora Medical Book Publishers, Lucknow. [ISBN 81-89581-12-0]
1. Srivastava P, Srivastava S, Kumar S (2018) Cervical Lymph Nodes in CA Prostate: An Easiest Tool to Deal with Diagnostic Dilemma. J Neoplasm Vol.3: No.1: 3. DOI: 10.21767/2576-3903.100028
2. Srivastava P, Srivastava S (2018) Fibroma of Flexor Tendon Sheath of Finger: A Rare Tumor of Hand-Revisited. J Neoplasm Vol.3: No.1:1. DOI: 10.21767/2576-3903.100026
3. Srivastava P. Transvaginal Oocyte Retrieval in IVF: Should we really be scared of the procedure? Gynecol Reproduct Endocrinol -UK. 2018;2(1):16-18
4. Srivastava P, Srivastava S (2018) Xanthogranulomatous Cholecystitis Presenting as Empyema Gallbladder in Patient of Chronic Cholecystitis with Cholelithiasis. J Liver Res Disord Ther 4(2): 00094. DOI: 10.15406/jlrdt.2018.04.00094.
5. Srivastava S, Srivastava P (2018) HELLP Syndrome: Early Diagnosis Alleviates Complications in Primigravida. J Hepatol Gastroint Dis 4: 158. DOI:10.4172/2475-3181.1000158
6. Srivastava P, Kumar A, Asaf BB (2017) Carinal Resection for Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of Left Main Bronchus under Cardio-Pulmonary Bypass. J Cancer Prev Curr Res 8(7): 00304. DOI: 10.15406/jcpcr.2017.08.00304
7. Srivastava P, Srivastava S, Srivastava R (2017) Biliary Sludge: Can We Avoid Punishing Gallbladder By an Integrated Approach of Medicine?. J Liver Res Disord Ther 3(5): 00068. DOI: 10.15406/jlrdt.2017.03.00068
8. Srivastava P, Kumar A, Asaf BB (2017) Tracheal Reconstruction after Post-Tracheostomy Tracheal Stenosis under Cross-Field Anesthesia. J Anesth Crit Care Open Access 9(1): 00331. DOI: 10.15406/jaccoa.2017.09.00331
9. Srivastava P, Kumar A, Asaf BB (2017) Successful Management of Complicated Multi-Organ Hydatid Cysts. Gastroenterol Hepatol Open Access 7(5): 00253. DOI: 10.15406/ghoa.2017.07.00253
10. Srivastava P, Srivastava MK, Srivastava S, Roshan S. Excision of benign mature anterior mediastinal teratoma through trapdoor incision: A case report with review of literature. Arch Int Surg 2015;5:213-6.
11. Pankaj Srivastava Dr. Perianal Irritant Contact Dermatitis In High Anal Fistula. World Journal of Colorectal Surgery 2013: Vol. 3 : Iss. 1, Article 10.
12. Pankaj Srivastava Dr. and Manoranjan Sahu Prof. Efficacy of Kshar Sutra (medicated seton) therapy in the management of Fistula-in-Ano. World Journal of Colorectal Surgery 2010: Vol. 2: Iss. 1, Article 6.
13. Srivastava P & Srivastava S. Isolated tuberculous epididymitis: a case report with review of literature. African J of Urology 2008; Volume 14, Number 4, 222-225.
14. Srivastava Pankaj & Srivastava Shalini: Bilateral primary breast lymphoma: A Case Report With Review Of Literature: The Internet Journal of Oncology. 2008; Volume 5, Number 2.
15. Srivastava Pankaj & Srivastava Shalini: Post-Auricular Dermoid Cyst: A Case Report With Review Of Literature: The Internet Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2007; Volume 4, Number 1.
16. Srivastava Pankaj, Srivastava S & Sahu M: Iatrogenic Bowel Perforation Secondary To Surgical Drain After Cholecystectomy: A Case Report With Review Of Literature: The Internet Journal of Surgery. 2007; Volume 13, Number 1.
17. Srivastava P, Yadav AK and Sahu M. Plasma Expanders (Abstract). Journal of National Sharir Research Institute. 2000; Vol 9, No. 1, 37.
18. Sahu M and Srivastava P. Hepatitis B virus infection in Indian scenario. Indian J Prev Soc Med. 2001; Vol 32, No. 1 & 2, 47-61.
19. Sahu M and Srivastava P. Clinical study of Pilex combination therapy vs conventional ayurvedic therapy in the management of haemorrhoids. The Indian Practitionar. Nov. 2001; Vol 54, No.11, 799-805.
20. Srivastava P, Sahu M and Khanna HD. Evaluation of oxidative stress status following polyherbal formulation therapy in patients of cholelithiasis with choledocholithiasis (Abstract). Proceedings of First Conference-Biotechnology Society of India (Biotechon-2001), VP Chest Institute, New Delhi. 2001; 63.
21. Sahu M, Gupta S.G. and Srivastava P. Effect of Renalka syrup in urinary tract infection. The Indian Practitionar. Feb. 2002; Vol 55, No. 2, 101-106.
22. Srivastava P and Sahu M. Free radical tissue injury: A basic concept. Indian J Clin Prac. Jan 2002; Vol 12, No. 8, 19-22.
23. Srivastava P and Sahu M. Post coital recto-vaginal fistula in a female with Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome. Asian J Obs & Gyn Prac. Dec 2002; Vol 6, No. 7, 23-24.
24. Srivastava P and Sahu M. Management of Biliary stone diseases. Ayurmedline 2002. 202-204.
25. Srivastava P, Sahu M and Kumar B: Effect of Tribulus terrestris (Gokshur) on Serum Electrolytes in Experimental Urolithiasis. The Journal of Renal Sciences 2005; Vol 9, No. 3, 17-21.
26. Srivastava S and Srivastava P. Successful Management of Second Degree Subacute Inversion of Uterus by Haultain Operation: A case report with review of literature. Asian J Obs & Gyn Prac. 2005; Vol 9, No.3, 42-44.
27. Srivastava P, Sahu M, Khanna S and Khanna HD. Evaluation of oxidative stress status following polyherbal formulation therapy in patients of cholelithiasis with choledocholithiasis. Ancient Science of Life. 2005; Vol 24, No. 3, 143-151.
28. Srivastava P, and Srivastava S. Tuberculosis of scapula: A case report. Indian J Surgery. 2006; 68: 27-29.
29. Srivastava P, and Sahu M. Abdominal Cocoon in Identical Twins: Is it Congenital Collagen Tissue Disorder? Case report with review of literature. Indian J Surgery 2007; 69: 25-27.
1. Srivastava P, Srivastava S. Gestational Pruritus: Irritation More Than Itching. Journal of Gastrointestinal Disorders and Liver Function
Salem Youssef Mohamed, MDAssistant professor Department of Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit) Faculty of Medicine Zagazig University, Egypt
-Doctorate (M. D.) In Internal Medicine, Oct. 2006–April. 2011 – Faculty of Medicine – Zagazig University.
- Residence (M. Sc.) In Internal Medicine, June 2003 – March 2006 – Faculty of Medicine – Zagazig University.
- Rotating internship, March 2002 – February 2003 – Faculty of Medicine – Zagazig University.
- Bachelor of Medicine and General Surgery (M.B., B.Ch.), with Honor, October 2001 – Faculty of Medicine – Zagazig University.
1- International Scholarship, UEG week 2015 (Oct., Spain, Barcelona)
2- Travel grant, best scientific abstracts, UEG week 2015 (Oct., Barcelona Spain).
1- Emara MH, Mohamed SY (2013). Nitazoxanide Replacement Can overcome ribavirin Intolerable Cough During HCV Combination Therapy. In Joris Buskirk (Eds.) RIBAVIRIN: BIOCHEMISTRY, CLINICAL APPLICATIONS, AND POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS. 1st edition (PP. 93-99). New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.
Original Research Article
1- Emara MH, Darwish EM, Bihery AS, Mohamed SY, Pasha HF. Persistent Elevation of Liver Enzymes during Pegylated Interferon Therapy of Chronic Hepatitis C Virus: Role of Occult Hepatitis B. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research 2012; 1(11):327-33.
2- Emara MH, Mohamed SY, Abd-Elaziz HR. Lactobacillus reuteri in the management of Helicobacter pylori infection in dyspeptic patients: a double-blind placebo-controlled randomized clinical trial. Therapeutic Advances in Gastroenterology January 2014 7: 4-13.
3- Esmayel EmamM., Eldarawy MohsenM., Hassan MohamedM., Mahmoud AmiraA., and Mohamed SY. Mental Health Problems and Sociodemographic Correlates in Elderly Medical Inpatients in a University Hospital in Egypt. Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research, Volume 2013, Article ID 923710.
4- Rashed Hayam E., Ahmed Shimaa A., Hegazy Abdelmonem A., Ismail Eman I., Abdelgawad Mohamed, Mohamed SY. Combined Assessment of EZH2, GPC3, and SUOX could Improve Diagnosis of Regenerative Nodule, Liver Dysplasia and Small HCC in Cirrhotic Patients. International Journal of Advanced Research. 01/2015; 3(1):324-346.
5- Elsadek Hany M, Mohamed SY., Hamed Emad F., Precut Papillotomy for Biliary Cannulation in Cirrhotic Patients; Is there a Difference between Early and Late Precut? International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, ISSN: 2051-5731, Vol.48, Issue.1February 2015.
6- Salem Y Mohamed, Mohsen M El-darawy, Nahla A Salama, Shymaa A Mansour., SERUM FETUIN-A LEVEL IN PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC LIVER DISEASE AND HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA International Journal of Advanced Research (2015), Volume 3, Issue 1, 324-346.
7- Salem Mohamed, Mohamed Emara, Hala Hussien, Hany Elsadek Changes in Portal Blood Flow and Liver Functions in Cirrhotics during Ramadan Fasting in the summer (Pilot study) Gastroenterology and Hepatology from bed to bench.
8- -Salem Mohamed, Bassim A. Gaballah, Mohamed H. Emara Validity of Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Screening in HCV cirrhotic patients awaiting antiviral therapy Open Journal of Gastroenterology ISSN Print:2163-9450ISSN Online:2163-9469.
9- Prognostic implication of Snail-1, Claudin-1, E-cadherin and Vimentin Expressions in Colon Cancer. Cancer Biomarkers. SSN print1574-0153ISSN online1875-8592.
10- The relationship between expression of Toll-like Receptor 4 in chronic hepatitis C patients and different stages of liver fibrosis. Salem Youssef Mohamed, Ehab Fawzy Mostafa, Amr Shaaban Hanafy, Hesham Atia, Ashraf Metwally, Ayman M. Marei. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from bed to bench. Vol 10, No 4 (2017): Autumn.
11- Hepatitis E Virus IgG in Serum of Pregnant Women. Salem Youssef Mohamed, Emad Abdelatif Emam, Amr Ahmed Saad, Osama Abdelaziz Gaber. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology Research, Vol 6, No 5 (2017).
12- Role of VEGF, CD105, and CD31 in the Prognosis of Colorectal Cancer Cases. Salem Y. Mohamed Esmail author Hanan Lotfy Mohamed Hanaa M. Ibrahim Mohamed Elshaimaa M. Mona Salah. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer First Online: 06 November 2017. Pp 1–12.
13- Prognostic Value of Cyclin D1 and CD44 Expression in Gastric Adenocarcinoma. Hanaa M Ibrahim, Abeer M AbdElbary, Salem Y Mohamed, Amira Elwan, Mohamed I Abdelhamid, Amr Ibrahim. Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer. First Online: 02 March 2018.
14- The relationship between toxoplasmosis and different types of human tumors. Nahed El Sayed Mostafa, Enas Fakhry Abdel Hamed, Hayam El Sayed Rashed, Salem Youssef Mohamed, Mohamed Soliman Abdelgawad, Abdelbaset Mohamed Elasbali. The Journal of Infection in Developing Countries. VOL 12 NO 02: FEBRUARY 2018.
15- Serum miRNA-27a and miRNA-18b as potential predictive biomarkers of hepatitis C virus-associated hepatocellular carcinoma. Nearmeen M Rashad, S Amal, Sally M Shalaby, Salem Y Mohamed. Molecular and cellular biochemistry. Molecular and cellular biochemistry, 2018 First Online: 17 February 2018.
16- Effects of Ramadan Fasting on Muslim Patients with Liver Cirrhosis: A Comparative Study.SY Mohamed, MH Emara, BA Gabballah, EF Mostafa… - Govaresh, 2018.
Cyrus Banan, PhDChief Science Officer and Senior Vice President Research & Economic Development or Global Executive Head of Research at Emerge Abbott and Rush University at Chicago Chicago, USA
●Accomplished researcher, teacher and administrator in higher education, Dr. Banan came to Windsor University after serving 4 years as Executive Director of Research and Senior Vice President of Research Development for Emerge and the University of South Carolina Greenville, with previous stints as Chief Science Officer and Senior Vice President Research & Economic Development or Global Executive Head of Research at Emerge, Abbott and Rush University at Chicago.
●Served on over 50 professional committees and over 100 national and international organizations, volunteer boards, government/public health councils, industry, and academia.
•Secured well over $350 million of research and education funding from various sources, including private industry, government (NIH, HHS, CDC, DARPA), and venture capital nationally and globally.
●Renowned scientist and academician on the International and National stages. Dr. Banan was a tenured, Professor and Director of Digestive Diseases Research and Education at RUSH University of Chicago as well as Professor and Exec. Director at University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Greenville while being the Chief Science Officer and Senior Vice President Research & Economic Development at Emerge. He is a recognized global expert in basic, clinical, and translational medicine research and scholarship areas, in particular immune/autoimmune and inflammatory disorders as well as a seasoned executive who has achieved tremendous success by leveraging innovation during his hybrid academic and industry career.
●Founding Head of the Departmental Research and Education at RUSH Chicago Medical School in Illinois, and Founding Head of the University Wide Research and Education at the USC Medical School Greenville South Carolina.
●Built the fastest growing digestive diseases inflammation research and education program in the United States while at RUSH Chicago Medical School (US News & World Report ranking of organization: 26th in the Nation in 2006 vs. unranked in 1999). Served at Rush in a number of administrative roles and was central in the development of a research development park allowing for successful partnerships between the university and industry; one of the first successful examples of this unique academic/industry partnership in the Nation to enhance both research and scholarship programs.
●Established a novel, integrated basic science discovery research, translational medicine research, and clinical science research and education programs on the national stage at USC Medical School Greenville. In particular, established an innovative holistic approach to research using translational medicine research, cell and molecular medicine, comparative research, and implementation sciences known as the health integration research. At USC Greenville, he was the third-highest ranking administrator, providing academic leadership for the university’s campus, research centers and institutes, while overseeing related academic education and research support services, and responsibility for curriculum, academic and research planning.
●Led the large University Wide research and education related organization, infrastructure and support, including research discovery and translational medicine programs, institute for advancement of healthcare (IAHC), other national research programs (institute for translational oncology and immunology research, “iTOR”, bioengineering research institute, “CUBEInc.”), sponsored programs office, research development corporation (RDC, academia-industry partnerships), human subject protection office, and clinical trials office.
●Led the efforts for development of a novel integrated Research and Educational Program for one of the first new University medical schools in the country in 40 years. USCSOM recently received full accreditation by the LCME. Dr. Banan accepted the position of executive administrator for Research and Academic Development for the Greenville Health System and was appointed Executive Director for Research and Education for the USC School of Medicine Greenville where he also led the research and educational program development and the Offices of Educational and Research Affairs.
●Originated and authored a new University Wide Research and Education Vision or Road Map (5 to 10 year long range plans) and attendant key Strategic Initiatives for successful, rapid expansion of University Wide Research and Education programs. In particular, substantially expanded the innovation, caliber, and national prominence of our new University Wide Research and Education programs, including successfully securing large institutional and new funding sources of approximately $150 Million over 3 years (NIH, HHS, CDC, DARPA, Duke Foundation, and private industry among others) for rapid expansion of Research and Scholarship programs.
●At Windsor University, he is the second-highest ranking officer of the university, providing academic leadership for the university’s colleges, campuses, research institutes, while overseeing academic support services and student services, and responsibility for curriculum, academic planning, faculty appointments, faculty development and promotion, and tenure decisions among many other responsibilities.
●At Abbott and Baxter, he also led global Discovery Research and Development Units for not only personalized healthcare/diagnostics research, but also for pharmaceuticals in multiple therapeutic areas, such as inflammation and immunology and oncology (among others) where oversaw the development of small molecule and biologic portfolio as well as attendant personalized healthcare strategies and technologies from idea to research through to clinical Proof of Concept and then launch.
●Overall, he is a highly seasoned researcher and academic educator with proven track-record of successfully leading innovative Academic Research and Education programs, nationally and globally.
●Author of 300+ peer-reviewed research publications, book chapters and abstract presentations as well as invited national and international presentations; and inventor of several worldwide patents.
Dr. Kaushal Kishor PrasadProfessor & Chief of the Division of Gastrointestinal Histopathology Department of Superspeciality of Gastroenterology Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, India
Viroj Wiwanitkit, MDSpecial Lecturer, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok Thailand/ University Professor Visiting University Professor, Hainan Medical University, Hainan China/Honorary Professor, Dr DY Patil University, India/ Visiting Professor, Faculty of Medicine Serbia/ Adjunct Professor, University of Nis, Joesph Ayo Babalola University Nigeria
• Tropical medicine
• Laboratory science (biomedical)
• Nanoscience and nanotechnology
• Bioinformatics and medical engineering
• Family medicine, social medicine and public health
Board of Family Medicine, Thai Medical Council
Fellowship of Clinical Scientist Association, USA (invited)
Fellowship of International Society of Gene therapy and Molecular biology
Fellowship of International Society of Cancer Therapy (invited)
Membership of European Society of Pediatric Nutrition (invited)
Nominated by Marquis Who’s Who Records
Special academic and honors
• Invited reviewer of many regional and international medical and science journals
• Invited speaker in many International Congress
• Editor in chief of more than 10 international journals
• Editorial board of more than 60 international journals
• The world scientist with the most numbers of international publications as the first author
• Invited lecturer for many universities in Thailand and other countries
• The author with the 1st global rank with the most number of international publication as the first author
• More than 2,300 publications in the international journal (in science and medicine index such as Scopus, PubMed, Medline, ChemAbstract and ISI)
• More than 150 presentations in international congress (as Key note Speaker and Session Speaker)
• Invited chapters in many international textbooks (more than 150)
• Many textbooks in Thailand and International level (more than 30)
Dr. Ali SolmazGeneral Surgery Clinic Bağcılar Training and Research Hospital, Science University Turkey
He completed his primary education in Denizli.
He started his medical education at the Marmara University Medical Faculty. He started his general surgery specialization in 2002 at the General Surgery Clinic of Marmara University Faculty of Medicine.
He did endoscopy training in Klinikum Meiningen, Germany.
He is dealing with obesity and metabolic surgery, gastrointestinal surgery, and gastrointestinal endoscopy
Hernia, 12(4), 401-405., Doi: 10.1007/s10029-008-0355-3,
A2. Solmaz A, Şener G, Çetinel Ş, Yüksel M, Yeğen C, Yeğen B.Ç Protective and therapeutic effects of resveratrol on acetic acid-induced gastric ulcer Free Radical Research, 43(6), 594-603., Doi: 10.1080 /10715760902977424
A3. A.N.Yücesoy, S.Poçan, M.Çiftçi, A.Solmaz, A.Serefhan. Pudendal nerve exposure and preservation in low rectal surgery by using transvaginal access Techniques in Coloproctology, 19(2), 121-123., Doi: 10.1007/s10151-014-1253-6
A4. Solmaz A, Yiğitbaş H, Tokoçin M, Gülçiçek OB, Erçetin C, Yavuz E, Altınay S, Tetikurt S, Çelebi F and Çelik A. Isolated pancreatic metastasis from melanoma: a case report Journal of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis. 2014
A5. Erkan Yavuz, Candaş Ercetin, Emin Uysal, Suleyman Solak, Aytac Biricik, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Ali Solmaz, Rıza Kutaniş Diagnostic value of neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio in geriatric cases with appendicitis Turkish Journal of Geriatrics, 17(4), 345-349.
A6. Ali Solmaz, Merve Tokoçin, Sinan Arici, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Erkan Yavuz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Candaş Erçetin, Fatih Çelebi. Abdominal cocoon syndrome is a rare cause of mechanical intestinal obstructions: a report of two cases American Journal of Case Reports, 16, 77-80., Doi: 10.12659/AJCR.892658
A7. Ali Solmaz, Onur Karagülle, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Candaş Erçetin, Erkan Yavuz, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Eyüp Sevim, Atilla Çelik, Fatih Çelebi and Rıza Kutaniş Comparison of short-term results of laparoscopic gastric plication and intragastric balloon Obesity & Weight Loss Therapy. 2015
A8. Huseyin Bilge, Hakan Yigitbaş, Candaş Ercetin, Fatih Çelebi, Erkan Yavuz, Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Sinan Arıcı, Merve Tokoçin, Beyza Özçınar, Riza Kutaniş Effect of laparoscopic greater curve plication on glucose and lipid metabolism in Turkish obese
subjects. Bariatric Surgical Practice and Patient Care. 2016
A9. Ali Solmaz, Elif Bahadır, Osman B. Gülçiçek, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Atilla Çelik, Ayça Karagöz, Derya Özsavcı, Serap Şirvancı, Berrak Ç. Yeğen Nesfatin-1 improves oxidative skin injury in normoglycemic or hyperglycemic rats Peptides. 2016
A10. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Candaş Erçetin, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Aytaç Biricik, Erkan Yavuz, Eyüp Sevim, Fatih Çelebi Subcapsular hepatic hematoma following endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: a case report Journal of Case Reports. 2016
A11. Ali Solmaz, Sinan Arıcı, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Erkan Yavuz, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Candaş Erçetin, Mehmet Öncü, Fatih Çelebi, Atilla Çelik, Rıza Kutaniş Influence of bariatric surgery on carotid intima media thickness Bariatric Surgical Practice and Patient Care. 2016
A12. Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Kamil Özdoğan, Ali Solmaz, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Serdar Altınay, Ayşegül Güneş, Duygu Sultan Çelik, Erkan Yavuz, Atilla Çelik, Fatih Çelebi Metabolic and Histopathological Effects of Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Plication: An Experimental Rodent Model Food & Nutrition Research. 2016
A13. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Aytaç Biricik, Candaş Erçetin, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Erkan Yavuz, Atilla Çelik, Fatih Çelebi The Impact of Body Mass Index on the Surgical Outcomes in Open Rectal Cancer Surgery British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research. 2016
A14. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Aytaç Biricik, Candaş Erçetin, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Erkan Yavuz, Atilla Çelik, and Fatih Çelebi Evaluation of the Parameters Increasing Intraoperative Difficulty Scores of Elective Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Journal of Liver and Clinical Research, 2016
A15. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Candaş Erçetin, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Erkan Yavuz, Sinan Arıcı, Can Erzik, Oğuzhan Zengi, Pelin Demirtürk, Atilla Çelik, Fatih Çelebi Nesfatin-1 alleviates extrahepatic cholestatic damage of liver in rats Bosnian Journal Of Basic Medical Sciences, 2016
A16. Osman Bilgin Gulcicek, Ali Solmaz, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Candas Ercetin, Erkan Yavuz, Kamil Ozdogan, Sinan Arici, Asli Kahraman Akkalp, Tulin Saraç, Fatih Çelebi, and Atilla Celik Comparison of the Effects of Glutamine, Curcumin, and Nesfatin-1 on the Gastric Serosal Surface Neomucosa Formation: An Experimental Rodent Model Gastroenterology Research and Practice, 2016
A17. Ali SolmazThe Past, the Present and the Future of the Obesity Surgery Medical & Clinical Reviews, 2016
A18. Osman Bilgin Gulcicek, Ali Solmaz, Hakan Yigitbas, Candas Ercetin, Erkan Yavuz, Kamil Ozdogan, Aytac Biricik, Asli Kahraman Akkalp, Hafize Uzun, Muge Kutnu, Fatih Celebi, Atilla Celik Role of diclofenac sodium and paracetamol on colonic anastomosis: An experimental rodent model Asian Journal of Surgery, 2017
A19. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gulcicek, Talar Vartanoglu, Erkan Yavuz, Hakan Yigitbas, Candas Ercetin, Atilla Celik, Fatih Celebi
Endoscopic Management of Dysphagia in Plummer–Vinson syndrome Bagcilar Medical Bulletin, 2017
A20. Cenk Ural, Hasan Belli, Mahir Akbudak, Ali Solmaz, Zuhal Dogan Bektas, Fatih Celebi Relation of binge eating disorder with impulsiveness in obese individuals World Journal of Psychiatry, 2017
A21. Solmaz A, Cingi A, Yeğen C. Pankreasın müsinöz kistik neoplazisinde multiorgan rezeksiyonu: olgu sunumu Marmara Medical Journal 2008
A22. Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Ali Solmaz, Kamil Özdoğan, Candaş Erçetin, Erkan Yavuz, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Fatih Çelebi, Serdar Altınay
Primary squamous cell carcınoma of the stomach Turkish Journal of Surgery 2015
A23. Solmaz A, Yiğitbaş H,Tokoçin M, Gülçiçek OB, Erçetin C, Yavuz E, Altınay S, Tetikurt S, Çelebi F, Çelik A. Isolated pancreatic metastasis from melanoma: A case report Turkish Journal of Surgery 2015
A24. Ali Solmaz, Merve Tokoçin, Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek, Sinan Arıcı, Aytaç Biricik, Hakan Yiğitbaş, Erkan Yavuz, Candaş Erçetin, Fatih Çelebi Süperior mezenterik arter sendromu: Olgu sunumu Marmara Medical Journal 2015
A25. Wafi Attaallah, Şafak Coşkun, Mümin Coşkun, Ali Solmaz, Cumhur Yeğen, Rasim Gençosmanoğlu Sakro-koksigeal yerleşimli pilonidal sinüs hastalağının tedavisinde kristalize fenol uygulaması: gerçekten başarılı mı? Kolon Rektum Hastalıkları Dergisi 2015
A26. Mehmet Öncü, Serdar Altınay, Ali Solmaz, Meral Uyar, Esra Bilgi, Hakan Yiğitbaş İntussepsiyona neden olan dev inflamatuar fibriod polip; Olgu sunumu Acıbadem Sağlık Bilimleri Dergisi 2016
A27. Ali Solmaz, Osman Bilgin Gulcicek, Talar Vartanoglu, Erkan Yavuz, Hakan Yigitbas, Candas Ercetin, Atilla Celik, Fatih Celebi Endoscopic Management of Dysphagia in Plummer–Vinson syndrome Bagcilar Medical Bulletin 2017
A28. Cenk Ural, Hasan Belli, Mahir Akbudak, Ali Solmaz, Zuhal Dogan Bektas, Fatih Celebi Relation of binge eating disorder with impulsiveness in obese individuals World Journal of Psychiatry, 2017
A29. Erkan Yavuz , Mehmet Salih Akkurt , Hakan Yiğitbaş , Osman Bilgin Gülçiçek , Candaş Erçetin , Onur Olgaç Karagülle , Atilla Çelik , Fatih Celebi , Ali Solmaz Ultrasound Can Facilitate Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Insertion in the onTransilluminated Abdominal Wall Bagcilar Medical Bulletin 2018
A29. Erkan Yavuz, Talar Vartanoğlu Aktokmakyan, Osman Bilgin Gulcicek, Hakan Yiğitbas, Candas Ercetin, Merve Tokocin, Huseyin Cayoren, Nihat Buğdaycı, Atilla Celik, Fatih Celebi, Ali Solmaz Revisional Surgery after Gastric Plication: Replication or Sleeve? Bariatric Surgical Practice and Patient Care, 2018
Paolo Muratori, MDAssistant Professor of Internal Medicine Faculty of Medicine University of Bologna Bologna, Italy
High School: Lyceum “Giulio Cesare”, Rimini, Italy, Humanities (“Maturità classica”) 1982/87
Medical School: School of Medicine, University of Bologna, 1987-94
Internal Medicine Specialization (1994-2000)
Post Doc (2000-2004) on “LKM1 Autoreactivity both primary and virus related in chronic liver disease”.
From 2005 Assistant Professor in Internal Medicine
Current position: Dr Paolo Muratori works at the Internal Medicine Unit in the Hospital S.Orsola Malpighi in Bologna, Italy.
He has a high speciality degree on the “Management of the autoimmune liver diseases”
Zong Jie CUI, PhDProfessor Institute of Cell Biology Beijing Normal University Beijing 100875, China
Postdoctoral positions, Dept. Pharmacology, Yale Univ. School of Medicine, and Dept. of Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Beth Isreal Hospital, 1990-1994;
Associate Professor, National Laboratory of Biotechnology, China Agricultural Univ, 1994-1998;
Professor in Cell Biology, Beijing Normal University, 1998- present.
Editorial boards: Prog Physiol Sci, Biophysics Reports (Associate Editor), Pancreapedia.
Formerly Council Member, Chinese Society for Cell Biology, Chinese Biophysical Society.
Past President, Chinese Commission for Photobiology (a section of The Chinese Biophysical Society).
Undergraduate course (Nationally Acclaimed Course): Human and Animal Physiology.
Among the earliest responses after cellular stimulation is increased in cytosolic calcium concentration. Such calcium increases in individual cells are often in the form of oscillations - periodic increases in cytoslic calcium concentrtion. Oscillation confers two forms of modultion of the calcium signal: amplitude modultion (AM), and frequency modultion (FM), therefore multiple calcium signals could be encoded, to modulate specific cellular functions. Our laboratory investigates in secretory and other cell types the molecular mechanisms of calcium oscillations, such as a role for NCX, ER calcium channels in the pace-making process of calcium oscillations.
Molecular basis of exocytosis:
Secretory cells are pivotal in the body. Secretory cells such as pancreatic acinar cells, pancreatic islet beta cells, anterior pituitary cells, mamary gland acinar cells, after stimulation by neurotransmitters or hormones all have their secretory granules in the cytosol to dock at, and fuse with, the plasma membrane, subsequently to release the granule content into the extracellular space. Our laboratory investigates how after stimulation, secretory cells have their secretory granules dock at, and fuse with plasma membrane, to complete the process of exocytosis and cell secretion, with an emphasis on SNARE and related proteins.
Singlet oxygen as a signaling molecule:
Many chromophores (photon-absorbing groups) in nature could absorb photons of certain wavelength. When such molecules after absorption of photons transfer their photon energy to molecular oxygen, the excited delta singlet oxygen is produced. Since singlet oxygen has very high chemical energy (94 kJ/mole), and a very short lifetime in cellular environment (１μs), it has very limited distance of effective reaction (< 10 nm). Therefore singlet oxygen generated during a Type II photodynamic action could subcellular specifically modulate cellular functions. Our laboratory investigates molecular targets of photodynamic action in alive cells, and the resultant chemical modifications of biologically important signalling macromolecules. We also investigate the molecular basis of singlet oxygen action as an endogenous signalling molecule. The genetically encoded protein photosenstisers (KillerRed, miniSOG) were subcellular organelle specifically or cell type specifically expressed to generate highly spatially defined molecular singlet oxygen. We found that the plasma membrane-localized G protein-coupled receptor cholecystokinin 1 (CCK1) receptor is permanently activated by singlet oxygen (ABSO), we therefore named CCK1 receptor a GPCR-ABSO.
Contact regulation between neighbouring cell types:
To investigate regulation by neutrophil respiratory burst, pancreatic stellate cell activation on pancreatic acinar calcium signalling. We found that neutrophils can quench CCK- and ACh-induced calcium oscillations in rat pancreatic acinar cells. Further, rat pancreatic stellate cells were found to serve as a brake mechanism on pancreatic acinar cell calcium signaling.
Modulation of synaptic transmission by toosendanin:
To examine the cellular and molecular effects of toosendanin on synaptic transmission. We found that toosendanin elicits calcium increases and exocytosis in rat sensory neurons (nodose ganglion neurons).
A Scholarship from The British Council, 1985-1989
A Short-Term Fellowship from HFSPO (Strasbourg, France), 1996
Outstanding Young Scientist Merit Award (Types A, C) from NSFChina, 1999-2002
The Chinese Ministry of Education Trans-Century Young Talent Award, 1999-2001
Outstanding Young Scientist Merit Award (Type B) from NSFChina, 2008-2010
GRANTS (From: The Natural Science Foundation of China, NSFC)
1997-1999 Roles and classification of receptor-operated calcium channels in pancreatic acinar cells. No. 39670269.
1998-2000 NSFC / JSPS Joint Grant. Hokkaido Univ, Beijing Normal Univ.
1999-2001 Novel photosensitizers and their modulation of signaling in secretory cells. No. 39870367.
1999-2002 Young Scientist Merrit Award: Cell Signalling. No. 39825112.
2001-2003 Correlation of secretion and calcium oscillation in single pancreatic acinar cell. No. 30070286.
2005-2007 Molecular mechanisms in secretory blockade in pancreatic acinar cells during experimental acute pancreatitis. No. 30472048.
2006-2008 TRP structure and function. No. 30540420524.
2008-2010 Overseas Young Scientist Collaborative Award: Digestive Physiology (Host at BNU). No. 30728020.
2009-2011 Singlet oxygen modulation of G protein-coupled receptors in alive cells. No. 30870580.
2010-2012 Roles of NOX isoforms in UVA-induced cytosolic calcium oscillations in mast cells. No. 30970675.
2013-2016 Neurtophil regulation of pancreatic acinar cell calcium signaling. No. 31270892.
2017-2020 Photodynamic modulation of G protein-coupled receptors with subcellular specific protein photosensitisers. No. 31670856.
Guo HY, Cui ZJ (2019) Extracellular histones activate TLR9 to induce calcium oscillations in rat pancreatic acinar tumor cell AR4-2J. Cells 8: 3.
Jiang WY, Li Y, Li ZY, Cui ZJ (2018) Permanent photodynamic cholecystokinin 1 receptor activation – dimer-to-monomer conversion. Cell Mol Neurobiol 38: 1283-1292.
Jiang HN, Li Y, Jiang WY, Cui ZJ (2018) Cholecystokinin 1 receptor - a unique G protein-coupled recpeotr activated by singlet oxygen (GPCR-ABSO). Front Physiol 9: 497. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2018.00497.
Jiang HN, Li Y, Cui ZJ (2017) Photodynamic physiology - photonanomanipulations in cellular
physiology with protein photosensitisers. Front Physiol 8: 191.
Li ZY, Jiang WY, Cui ZJ (2015) An essential role for NAD(P)H oxidase 2 in UVA-induced calcium oscillations in mast cells. Photochem Photobiol Sci 14: 414-428.
Liang HY, Song ZM, Cui ZJ (2013) Lasting inhibition of receptor-mediated calcium oscillations in pancreatic acini by neutrophil respiratory burst - A novel mechanism for secretory blockade in acute pancreatitis? Biochem Biophys Res Commun 437: 361-367.
Cui ZJ, Han ZQ, Li ZY (2012) Modulating protein activity and cellular function by methionine residue oxidation. Amino Acids 43: 505-517.
Jia YH, Cui ZJ (2011) Tri-phasic modulation of ACh- and NE-maintained calcium plateau by high potassium in isolated mouse submandibular granular convoluted tubular cells. Arch Oral Biol 56: 1347-1355.
Fang XF, Cui ZJ (2011) The anti-botulism triterpenoid toosendanin elicits calcium increase and exocytosis in rat sensory neurons. Cell Mol Neurobiol 31: 1151-1162.
Duan YJ, Liang HY, Jin WJ, Cui ZJ (2011) Substance P conjugated to CdTe quantum dot triggers cytosolic calcium oscillations and induces QD internalization in the pancreatic carcinoma cell line AR4-2J. Analyt Bioanalyt Chem 400: 2995-3003.
Chen BD, Guan DD, Cui ZJ, Wang X & Shen X (2010) Thioredoxin 1 downregulates MCP-1 secretion and expression in human endothelial cells by suppressing nuclear translocation of activator protein 1 and redox factor-1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 298: C1170-C1179.
Wang BJ, Liang HY & Cui ZJ (2009) Duck pancreatic acinar cell as a unique model for independent cholinergic stimulation-secretion coupling. Cell Mol Neurobiol 29: 747-756.
Fang XF, Zhao XT, Zhou W, Li J, Liu Q, Shen X, Satoh YI, Cui ZJ (2009) Fluorescence detection / imaging of cytosolic calcium oscillations: a comparison of four equipment set-ups. Progr Natl Sci 19: 479-487.
Zhou YD, Fang XF & Cui ZJ (2009) UVA induced calcium oscillations in rat mast cells. Cell Calcium 45: 18-28.
Hu F, Sun WW, Zhao XT, Cui ZJ & Yang WX (2008) TRPV1 mediates cell death in rat synovial fibroblasts through calcium entry-dependent ROS production and mitochondrial depolarization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 369: 989-993.
Wang BJ & Cui ZJ (2007) How does cholecystokinin stimulate exocrine pancreatic secretion? From birds, rodents, to humans. Am J Physiol 292: R666-678.
Kuroda T, Satoh Y, Akutsu-Yamaguchi H, Shikanai Y, Miyata S, Saino T, Russa D, Habara Y & Cui ZJ (2006) Quantitative analysis of photodamage during fluorescence bioimaging: monitoring of nitric oxide production using DAF-2. Bioimages 14: 9-18.
Su L, Ma CY, Zhou YD, Jia YH & Cui ZJ (2006) Cytosolic calcium oscillations in the submandibular gland cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin 27: 843-847.
Cui ZJ (2004) Importance of proper placement for all data points. World J Gastroenterol 10: 2924-2925.
Ma CY, Chen CY & Cui ZJ (2004) Selective use of a reserved mechanism for inducing calcium oscillations. Cell Signal 16: 1435-1440.
Xiao R & Cui ZJ (2004) Mutual dependence of VIP/PACAP and CCK receptor signaling for a physiological role in duck exocrine pancreatic secretion. Am J Physiol 286: R189-198.
Wang N, Liu Y, Xie MX & Cui ZJ (2003) Changes in plasma membrane protein structure after photodynamic action in freshly isolated rat pancreatic acini. An FTIR study. J Photochem Photobiol B Biol 71: 27-34.
Cui ZJ, Zhou YD, Satoh Y & Habara Y (2003) A physiological role for protoporphyrin IX photodynamic action in the rat Harderian gland? Acta Physiol Scand 179: 149-154.
(Editorial, Acta Physiol Scand 179: 103).
An YP, Xiao R, Cui H & Cui ZJ (2003) Selective activation by photodynamic action of cholecystokinin receptor in the freshly isolated rat pancreatic acini. Br J Pharmacol 139: 872-880.
Cui ZJ & Guo LL (2002) Photodynamic modulation by Victoria Blue BO of phenylephrine-induced calcium oscillations in the freshly isolated rat hepatocytes. Photochem Photobiol Sci 1: 1001-1005.
Cui ZJ & He XH (2002) The pre-synaptic blocker toosendanin does not inhibit secretion in exocrine cells. World J Gastroenterol 8: 918-922.
Liu XH, Lu GW & Cui ZJ (2002) Calcium oscillations in the freshly isolated neonatal rat cortical neurons. Acta Pharmacol Sin 23: 577-581.
Cui ZJ & Guo LL (2002) Assessing the physiological concentrations of endogenous substances in situ by induced calcium oscillations in vitro. Case of liver. Acta Pharmacol Sin 23: 27-32.
Hashikura S, Satoh Y, Cui ZJ & Habara Y (2001). Photodynamic action inhibits compound 48/80-induced exocytosis in rat peritoneal mast cells. Jpn J Vet Res 49: 239-247.
Cui ZJ, Habara Y & Satoh Y (2000) Photodynamic modulation of adrenergic receptors in the isolated rat hepatocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 277: 705-710.
Cui ZJ & Kanno T (2000) Cholecystokinin analogue JMV-180-induced intracellular calcium oscillations are mediated by inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate in rat pancreatic acini. Acta Pharmacol Sin 21: 377-380.
Cui ZJ & Matthews EK (1998) Photodynamic modulation of cellular function. Acta Pharmacol Sin 19: 297-303.
Cui ZJ (1998) Types of voltage-dependent calcium channels involved in high potassium depolarization-induced amylase secretion in the exocrine pancreatic tumour cell line AR4-2J. Cell Res 8: 23-31.
Cui ZJ & Kanno T (1997) Selective activation by photodynamic action of cholecystokinin receptor in the freshly isolated rat pancreatic acini. J Physiol (Lond) 504: 47-55. Cited 51 times
Cui ZJ, Habara Y, Wang DY & Kanno T (1997) A novel aspect of photodynamic action: induction of recurrent spikes in cytosolic calcium concentration. Photochem Photobiol 65: 382-386.
Maruyama T, Cui ZJ, Kanaji T, Mikoshiba K & Kanno T (1997) Attenuation of intracellular Ca2+ release and secretory responses by Ins(1,4,5)P3 induced Ca2+ release modulator, 2APB, in rat pancreatic acinar cells. Biomed Res 18: 297-302. Cited 20 times
Cui ZJ (1997) Muscarinic stimulation of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in isolated rat pancreatic acini. Acta Pharmacol Sin 18: 61-63.
Cui ZJ, Hidaka H, Dannies PS (1996) KN-62, a calcium.calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II inhibitor, inhibits high potassium-stimulated prolactin secretion and intracellular calcium increases in anterior pituitary cells. Biochim Biophys Acta 1310: 343-347.
Cui ZJ, Gorelick FS, Dannies PS (1994) Calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II activation in rat pituitary cells in the presence of thyrotropin-releasing hormone and dopamine. Endocrinology 134: 2245-2250.
Al-Laith M, Matthews EK & Cui ZJ (1993) Photodynamicdrug action on isolated rat pancreatic acini. Mobilization of arachidonic acid and prostaglandin production. Biochem Pharmacol 46: 567-573.
Cui ZJ & Dannies PS (1992) Thyrotropin-releaing hormone-mediated Mn2+ entry in perifused rat anterior pituitary cells. Biochem J 283: 507-513.
Matthews EK & Cui ZJ (1990) Photodynamic action of sulphonated aluminium phthalocyanine (SALPC) on AR4-2J cells, a carcinoma cell line of rat exocrine pancreas. Br J Cancer 61: 695-701.
Matthews EK & Cui ZJ (1990) Photodynamic action of sulphonated aluminium phthalocyanine (SALPC) on isolated rat pancreatic acini. Biochem Pharmacol 39: 1445-1457.
Matthews EK & Cui ZJ (1989) Photodynamic action of rose bengal on isolated rat pancreatic acini: stimulattion of amylase release. FEBS Lett 256: 29-32
Vinod Kumar, PhDPostdoctoral Research Associate Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Ph.D. (Biochemistry) CFTRI, Mysore (India) 2009-2014
Master’s (Biotechnology) University of Mysore (India) 2004-2006
Bachelors (Zoology, Botany, and Chemistry) University of Lucknow (India) 1999-2002
University of Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, NE (USA)
Postdoctoral Research Associate Dec 2014-present
Professional Research Experience
• Postdoctoral at Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center,
(March 1, 2016- to date). Working on a project entitled “microRNA and Hedgehog inhibitor-based therapy for the treatment of Pancreatic Cancer and Medulloblastoma.
• Postdoctoral at Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA (December 9, 2014, to February 28, 2016). Worked on a project entitled “Role of epigenetic and Sumoylation signaling on cellular homeostasis during oxidative stress and aging with special reference to cell survival molecules, Prdx6 and LEDGF in human lens epithelial cells.”
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry (2009-2014) from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore, INDIA. Title of the Ph.D. thesis: “Molecular
Engineering of the horsegram (Dolichos biflorus) Seed Bowman-Birk Inhibitor: Implications of the disulfide framework on functionality.”
• Project Assistant at Department of Protein Chemistry and Technology, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore. (August 2006 to June 2009). Worked on the project entitled “Cyclic peptide as proteinase inhibitor: purification, molecular cloning, and expression.”
• Project work for master's programme at the Department of Biophysics, All India Institute of Medical
Sciences, New Delhi, INDIA (January 2006 to April 2006). Worked on “Isolation, Purification, and Crystallization of C-lobe of Bovine Lactoferrin.”
Best podium presentation (2nd prize) at BRDS, Omaha (NE) USA 2018
UNeMed Research and Innovation Recognition Award
Nebraska Medical Center Omaha, (NE) USA 2017
Senior Research Fellowship (SRF), Government of India 2009-2012
Best poster presentation (2nd) 2012
Selected for student oral presentation 2011
Best poster presentation award 2007
Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (Life Science), Government of India 2006
CSIR & UGC-National Eligibility Test, Government of India 2005
All India combined Biotechnology Entrance Examination, Government of India 2004
2. Vinod Kumar, Amit K Chaudhary, Yuxiang Dong, Haizhen A. Zhong, Goutam Mondal, Feng Lin, Virender Kumar, and Ram I Mahato. Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of novel Hedgehog inhibitors for treating Pancreatic Cancer. Scientific Reports 7 (2017) 1665.
3. Vinod Kumar, Virender Kumar, Timothy McGuire, Donald W. Coulter, John G. Sharp, and Ram I. Mahato. Challenges and Recent Advances in Medulloblastoma Therapy. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 38 (2017) 1061-1084.
4. Virender Kumar, Vinod Kumar, Jiangtao Luo and Ram I. Mahato. Therapeutic Potential of OMe-PS-miR-29b1 for treating Liver Fibrosis. Molecular Therapy-12 (2018) 2798-2811 (doi: 10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.08.022).
5. Vinod Kumar, Saravanan Murugeson, Neha Vithani, Balaji Prakash and Lalitha R Gowda. A salt bridge stabilized C-terminal hook is critical for the dimerization of a Bowman-Birk inhibitor. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 566 (2015) 15-25.
6. Vinod Kumar, and Lalitha R. Gowda. The contribution of two disulfide bonds in the trypsin binding domain of horse gram (Dolichos biflorus) Bowman-Birk inhibitor to thermal stability and functionality. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics. 537 (2013) 49-61.
7. Vinod Kumar, and Lalitha R. Gowda. Production of horse gram (Dolichos biflorus) BowmanBirk Inhibitor by an intein-mediated protein purification system. Protein Expression and Purification. 89 (2013) 16-24.
Anubha Bajaj, MDConsultant Department of Pathology Panjab University New Delhi, India
2) Viral Monitors in Generation, Maintenance, and Perpetuation of Neoplasia.
3)The systems, the synthetics, the systemization.
4) Anucleate, squames, squamous, squamoid and transformations.
5) Monotonous and massive: Small lymphocytic lymphoma.
6) Inflammation, immune modulation, proliferation, and emergence: Sjogren’s syndrome.
7) The Premier Nodal Platform: Sentinel Lymph node.
8)Susceptive supplemented and stockpiled: Reactive Follicular Hyperplasia.
9) Susceptive supplemented and stockpiled: Follicular Lymphoma.
10) Supererogate, sophomore stricture: Pyloric stenosis.
11) Aqueous, Glutinous, Cavitary: Primary Effusion Lymphoma.
12) Germinations, Protuberance, Biphasic: Pleomorphic Adenoma.
13) Acme, Pathosis, Furuncle: The Periapical Granuloma.
14) Visceral Heterotopy, Embodiment, and Consanguine: The Pancreatic Saga.
15) Visceral Heterotopy, Embodiment, and Consanguine: The Gastric Saga.
16) Epithelial Excrescence, Protuberance, Hypertrophy: The oral cicatrix.
17) Oral Mucosa: Benignity, Ulceration, Erosions, and Papillae.
18) The Anarchic Braid, Quiescence, Canker: Oral Lichen Planus.
19) The Frosted Applique, Filigree, Plaque: Lingual Algorithm.
20) The Phonetic Anamorphoses: Oral Tori and Exostoses.
21) Thrush, Plaque, Membrane, Hyphae: The Oral Contingent.
22) Bulla, Cyst, Atrium: The Odontogenic Keratocyst.
23) Utilitarian Carcinogenesis: The Hazardous Occupation.
24)Cancerous Caricature, Fester, Transformation: Necrotising Sialometaplasia.
25) Annihilation, Exacerbation, Prematurity: Necrotising Enterocolitis.
26) Salivary and non Adnexal Oncogenesis: Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma.
27) Papules, Craters, Umbilication: Molluscum Contagiosum.
28) The Contagious Orifice: Maxilla and Mandible.
29) Nodal, Haematological, Bicameral: Lymphoblastic Lymphoma.
30) Transposition, Apotheosis, Benign Metamorphosis- Lymph Node.
31) The Mellifluous Aetiology: Liquid Based Cytology: Critiqued.
32) The Owl Eyed, Herculean Chancroid: Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
33) The Prosperous Goitre: Basedow’s Bonanza.
34) Infective Germination: Granulomatous Inflammation: Lymph Node.
35) Voluminous and Vesicular: Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma.
36) Dictums of Surgery and Cellularisms.
37) Cytopathology: Addenda, Ancillaries, Adjuvants, and Auxiliaries.
38) Cross over and Evolution in Cellular Pathology.
39) Genitive Communication: Anogenital Warts: Condylomata Acuminatum.
40) Collaborative and Statutory Pathology Practice.
41) The Cartilaginous Subcutis: Choristoma and Heterotopy.
42) The Curiosity, The Geneology, The Pouch: Choledochal Cyst.
43) The Generation of Neoplasia: Enzymatic and Emission.
44) Unicentric, Multicentric, Hyperplastic: Castleman’s Disease
45) The stellar, astral reproduction: Burkitt’s Lymphoma.
46) Inherent and Indigenous: Collared Cyst, Sinus, Fistula.
47) Artificial Intelligence and Main-framing in Pathology.
48) The memorandum of demise: Programmed Default.
49) Ontogenesis and Imbroglio: The circinate pancreas.
50) Jowl Cysts, Multiplicity, Taxonomy; Ameloblastoma.
51) Pleomorphic and Reniform: Anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
52) Attenuated Mucinous Gland Malignity: Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma.
53) Bisection, Disjuncture, Aqueduct: Pancreas Divisum.
54) Heterotopy, Embodiment, and Benign Metamorphosis- Lymph Node.
55) The Anemone, The Porcupine – Hairy Cell Leukaemia.
56) The Nodal Metamorphosis: Lymph Node Metastasis.
57) Phagocytosis and Emperipolesis- Rosai Dorfman’s Syndrome
58) Shadows and ghosts of the hair matrix-Pilomatrixoma.
59) The Reoriented Neoplasm-Post Transplant Lympho-Proliferative Disorder.
60) The Squamoid Cavitation- Trichilemmal Cysts.
61)Ebullient and Exhausted- HIV related Benign Lymphadenopathy.
62) The Benign Salivary Corpuscular Bassinet- myoepithelioma.
63) Patch, Plaque, Tumour- Mycosis Fungoides.
64) Neuroendocrine, Sensory Trabecular-Merkel Cell Carcinoma.
65) The Transformed Pallium- Mantle Cell Lymphoma.
66) Motley and Sundry –Lymphomatoid Papulosis
67) Vascular, Lymphoid, Eosinophilic- Kimura’s Disease.
68) The Pleomorphic Immunoblasts- Infectious Mononucleosis.
69) Adjunctive and Transformed Immunity- Histiocytic and Dendritic Cell Neoplasm.
70) Addenda and Appurtenant –Extra-nodal NK/T cell lymphoma.
71) Congenital Absence, Pathological Closure- Esophageal Atresia.
72)Binary and Dimorphic- Composite and Discordant Lymphoma
73) Gluten Specific Autoimmunity and Susceptibility - Celiac Disease
74) The Intercalated, Fortified Perimeter- Basal Cell Adenoma.
75) Intercalated, Secretory, Salivary- Acinic Cell Carcinoma.
76) The T cell predominance – Peripheral T cell Lymphoma Not Otherwise Specified.
77)Ancillaries, Automation, Auxiliaries: The Cytopathological Chronicle: Amazon.com Book Code: 978-613-7-38343-8.
78) The Premier Nodal Platform- Sentinel Lymph Node on More books code 978-613-9-45662-8.
Victor Baba OtiDepartment of Microbiology Nasarawa State University Keffi, Nigeria
Xiao-ping ChenDepartment of Surgery Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Director of Institute of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Director of Hepatic Surgery Center, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
President of the Chinese Chapter of International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Chairman of the Chinese Laparoscopic Hepatectomy Promoyion and Development Expert Committee
Vice Chairman of the Chinese College of Surgeon, the Chinese Medical Doctor Association
Executive Committee Member of the Chinese Medical Association
Head of Liver Surgery Group, the Chinese Medical Association
Immediate Past-President of Asia-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Chairman of the Asian-Pacific Laparoscopic Hepatecomy Promoyion and Development Expert Committee
Committee Member of the Asia-Pacific Liver Cancer Expert Association
Honorary Fellow, The American Surgical Association
Fellow, The American College of Surgeons
Member of the International Surgical Group
Honorary Professor, Department of Surgery and Morphological Sciences, University of Insubria Medical School
Visiting Professor, Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Education and training:
1970 to 1973, Bengbu Medical College, BS
1979 to 1982, Tongji Medical University, MS
1983-1985, Tongji Medical University, MD
Postdoctoral training: 1986 to 1987, Heidelberg University，Germany
Visiting scholar: 1991 to 1992, University of Cincinnati，USA
Chief Editor, Contemporary Organ Transplantation, 2011 (published in Chinese).
Chief Editor of textbook Surgery designated for the seven-year, eight-year and five-year medical students in medical colleges of China, 2010 (published in Chinese).
Chief Editor of textbook of the 2nd edition of Surgery designated for national physicians in training, 2009 (published in Chinese).
Translator, Hepatocellular Carcinoma, Original: W. Y. Lau, 2009 (published in Chinese).
Chief Editor of the textbook of Ministry of Public Health Surgery, 2008 (published in English).
Chief Editor, Diagnosis and Treatment of General Surgery-New Equipment，Advanced Material，New Technique, 2008 (published in Chinese).
Chief Editor of the 7th edition of Huang Jiasi Surgery, 2008 (published in Chinese).
The first-class prize of Hubei Technology Advance Award, 2013
The first-class prize of Wuhan Technology Advance Award, 2013
The first-class prize of Hubei Promotion Award of Scientific and Technological Achievement, 2013
The first-class prize of Chinese Anti-Cancer Association of Technology Award, 2012
The second-class prize of the Ministry of Education of Science and Technology Advance Award, 2010
The first-class prize of Hubei Technology Advance Award, 2010
The first-class prize of Wuhan Technology Advance Award, 2010
The Chinese Outstanding Award for Contribution to Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery, 2008
He Liang He Li Award, 2007
The first-class prize of the Ministry of Education Nominated National Science Advance Award, 2006
The second term of National Famous Teacher Award, 2006
The second-class prize of the National Teaching Achievement Award, 2005
The first-class prize of Hubei Technology Advance Award, 2005
The second-class prize of the National Award for Science and Technology Advance Award, 2004
The first-class prize of Chinese Medical Technology Award, 2002
Wen Hao, Peng Xin-Yu, Zhang Xue-Wen, Dai Chao-Liu, Bie Ping, Xing Bao-Cai, Fu Zhi-Ren, Liu Lian-Xin, Mu Yi, Zhang Ling, Zhang Qi-Shun, Jiang Bin, Qian Hai-Xin, Wang Yi-Jun, Liu Jing-Feng, Qin Xi-Hu, Li Qiang, Yin Ping*, Zhang
Zhi-Wei* , Chen Xiao-Ping*. Effect of Huaier granule on recurrence after curative resection of HCC: a multicentre, randomised clinical trial. Gut. 2018 May 25. pii: gutjnl-2018-315983. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2018-315983. PMID:
2. Jing-jing Yu#, Wei Xiao, Shui-lin Dong, Hui-fang Liang, Zhi-wei Zhang, Bi-Xiang Zhang, Zhi-yong Huang,Yi-fa Chen, Wan-guang Zhang, Hong-ping Luo, Qian Chen and Xiao-ping Chen*.Effect of surgical liver resection on circulating tumor cells in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Cancer. 2018 Aug 20;18(1):835. doi: 10.1186/s12885-018-4744-4.PMID:30126375
3. Gong Qiong#, Zhu Peng, Zhang Binhao, Shu Chang, Ding Zeyang, Wu Jingjing, Zhang Bixiang*, Chen Xiao-ping*. Safety and efficacy of n-3 fatty acid-based parenteral nutrition in patients with obstructive jaundice: a propensity-matched study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2018 Jul 13. doi: 10.1038/s41430-018-0256-1. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 30006616
4. Chen Jin#, Zhang ZhaoQi, Song Jia, Liu QiuMeng, Wang Chao, Huang Zhao, Chu Liang, Liang HuiFang*, Zhang BiXiang*, Chen XiaoPing*. 18² -Glycyrrhetinic-acid-mediated unfolded protein response induces autophagy
and apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Sci Rep. 2018 Jun 19;8(1):9365. PMID: 29921924
5. Lei Dou#, Yi-Fa Chen*, Peter J. Cowan, Xiao-Ping Chen*. Extracellular ATP signaling and clinical relevance. Clin Immunol. 2018 Mar;188:67-73. doi: 10.1016/j.clim.2017.12.006. Epub 2017 Dec 20. Review PMID:29274390
6. Li Jiang#, Deng Ning, Qi Cheng, Xiao-Ping Chen*. Endoscopic versus surgical drainage treatment of calcific chronic pancreatitis. Int J Surg. 2018 Jun;54(PtA):242-247. doi: 10.1016/j.ijsu.2018.04.027. Epub 2018 Apr 21.
7. Zhang Binhao#, Zhang Bixiang, Zhang Zhiwei, Huang Zhiyong, Chen Yifa, Chen Minshan, Bie Ping, Peng Baogang, Wu Liqun, Wang Zhiming, Li Bo, Fan Jia, Qin Lunxiu, Chen Ping, Liu Jingfeng, Tang Zhe, Niu Jun, Yin Xinmin, Li Deyu,
He Songqing, Jiang Bin, Mao Yilei*, Zhou Weiping*, Chen Xiaoping*. 42,573 cases of hepatectomy in China: a multicenter retrospective investigation. Sci China Life Sci. 2018 Jun;61(6):660-670. doi: 10.1007/s11427-017-9259-9. Epub 2018 Feb 2
8. Dong S#, Chen L, Chen Y, Chen X*. Primary hepatic extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue type: A case report and literature review. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017 Mar;96(13):e6305.
9. Luo X#, Chen L#, Liu W, Dong S, Luo H, Zhang B, Chen X*. A propensity score analysis of two methods of hepatic vascular occlusion in hepatectomy. J Surg Res. 2017Jun1;213:184-190. PMID:28601313
10. Long X#, Daya M, Zhao JP, Rafaels N, Liang H, Potee J, Campbell M, Zhang BX, Araujo MI, Oliveira RR, Mathias RA, Li G, Ruczinski I, Georas SN, Vercelli D, Beaty TH, Barnes KC*, Chen XP*, Chen Q*. The role of ST2 and ST2 genetic
variants in schistosomiasi. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017 Feb 9. pii: S0091-6749(17)30215-4.PMID:28189770
11. Zhang WG#, Wang J, Li CH, Zhang ZG, Dirie NI, Dong HH, Xiang S, Zhang W, Zhang ZW, Zhang BX, Chen XP*. Infrahepatic inferior vena cava clamping with Pringle maneuvers for laparoscopic extracapsular enucleation of giant liver hemangiomas. Surg Endosc. 2017 Sep;31(9):3628-3636. PMID:28130585
12. Long X#, Cheng Q, Liang H, Zhao J, Wang J, Wang W, Tomlinson S, Chen L, Atkinson C, Zhang B*, Chen X*, Zhu P*. Memory CD4+ T cells are suppressed by CD8+ regulatory T cells in vitro and in vivo. Am J Transl Res. 2017 Jan
13. Wang SF#, Chen XP*, Chen ZS, Wei L, Dong SL, Guo H, Jiang JP, Teng WH, Huang ZY, Zhang WG. Left Lobe Auxiliary Liver Transplantation for End-stage Hepatitis B Liver Cirrhosis. Am J Transplant. 2017 Jun;17(6):1606-1612.
14. Xin Long#, Jian Wang, Jian-ping Zhao, Hui-fang Liang, Peng Zhu, Qi Cheng, Qian Chen, Yan-hui Wu, Zhan-guo Zhang, Bi-xiang Zhang*, Chen XP*. Splenectomy suppresses growth and Metastasis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma
through Decreasing Myeloid-derived Suppressor Cells In Vivo. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technol Med Sci. 2016 36(5):667-676
15. Zhang BH#, Dong W#, Luo HP#, Zhu XR, Chen L, Li CH, Zhu P, Zhang W, Xiang S, Zhang WG, Huang ZY*, Chen XP*. Surgical treatment of hepato-pancreato-biliary disease in China: the Tongji experience. Sci China Life Sci. 2016 Oct 59(10):995-1005 Review PMID:27585922 IF:2.297
16. Zhang BH#*, Leng C, Wu C, Zhang Z, Dou L, Luo X, Zhang B, Chen X*. Smad4 sensitizes colorectal cancer to 5-fluorouracil through cell cycle arrest by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt/CDC2/survivin cascade. Oncol Rep 2016 Mar. 35(3):1807-15. PMID:26647806
17. Huang ZY#*, Liang BY#, Xiong M, Dong KS, Zhang ZY, Zhang EL, Li CH, Chen XP*.Severity of cirrhosis should determine the operative modality for patients with early hepatocellular carcinoma and compensated liver function. Surgery. 2016 159(2):621-31.
18. Hong-Hao Zhou#, Lin Chen, Hui-Fang Liang, Guang-Zhen Li, Bi-Xiang Zhang* and Xiao-Ping Chen*. Smad3 Sensitizes Hepatocelluar Carcinoma Cells to Cisplatin by Repressing Phosphorylation of AKT. International Journal of
Molecular Sciences. 2016 Apr; 17(4): 610. [Epub ahead of print].
19. Ze-Yang Ding #, Guan-Nan Jin, Wei Wang, Yi-Min Sun, Wei-Xun Chen, Lin Chen, Hui-Fang Liang, Pran K. Datta, Ming-Zhi Zhang, Bixiang Zhang * and Xiao-Ping Chen *. Activin A-Smad Signaling Mediates Connective Tissue Growth
Factor Synthesis in Liver Progenitor Cells. Int J Mol Sci.2016. 17(3): E408.
20. Chao Leng#, Zhan-guo Zhang, Wei-xun Chen, Hong-ping Luo, Jia Song, Wei Dong, Xuan-ru Zhu, Xiao-ping Chen, Hui-fang Liang*, Bi-xiang Zhang*.An Integrin beta4-EGFR unit promotes hepatocellular carcinoma lung metastases by
enhancing anchorage independence through activation of FAKAKT pathway. Cancer Letters. 2016 Jun 28;376(1):188-96. [Epub ahead of print].
21. Chen WX#, Zhang ZG#, Ding ZY, Liang HF, Song J, Tan XL, Wu JJ, Li GZ, Zeng Z, Zhang BX*, Chen XP*. MicroRNA-630 suppresses tumor metastasis through the TGF-² - miR-630-Slug signaling pathway and correlates inversely with poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016 Apr 19;7(16):22674-86. [Epub ahead of print].
22. Xu Liu#, Xiao-long Tan, Meng Xia, Chao Wu, Jia Song, Jing-jing Wu, Arian Laurence, Qing-guo Xie, Ming-zhi Zhang, Hui-fang Liang*, Bi-xiang Zhang* and Xiao-ping Chen*. Loss of 11² HSD1 enhances glycolysis, facilitates intrahepatic
metastasis, and indicates poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016 Jan 12;7(2):2038-53.
23. Wu YH#, Ai X, Liu FY, Liang HF, Zhang BX*, Chen XP*. c-Jun N-terminal kinase inhibitor favors transforming growth factor² to antagonize hepatitis B virus X proteininduced cell growth promotion in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Med Rep. 2016 Feb.13(2):1345-52.
24. Guandou Yuan#, Bixiang Zhang, Shanzhong Yang, Lin Jin, Arunima Datta, sejong bae, Xiao-ping Chen*, and Pran K Datta*. Novel Role of STRAP in Progression and Metastasis of Colorectal Cancer through Wnt/² -Catenin Signaling. Oncotarget. 2016 Mar 29;7(13):16023-37. [Epub ahead of print].
25. Zhu P#, Zhang B#, Wang R#, Mei B, Cheng Q, Chen L, Wei G, Xu DF, Yu J, Xiao H, Zhang BX*, Chen XP*. Selective Inflow Occlusion Technique Versus Intermittent Pringle Maneuver in Hepatectomy for Large Hepatocellular Carcinoma: A Retrospective Study. Medicine (Baltimore) 2015 Dec;94(50):e2250.
26. Xin Luo#, Bin-hao Zhang#, Shui-lin Dong, Bi-xiangZhang, and Xiao-ping Chen*.Hepatocellular carcinoma with tumor thrombus occupying the right atrium and portal vein. Medicine.2015. 94(34):e1049.
27. Wei Zhang#, Zhi-Yong Huang, Chang-Shu Ke, Chao Wu, Zhi-Wei Zhang, Bi-Xiang Zhang, Yi-Fa Chen, Wan-Guang Zhang, Peng Zhu, and Xiao-Ping Chen*.Surgical Treatment of Giant Liver Hemangioma Larger Than10 cm: A Single Center’s Experience With 86 Patients. Medicine .2015 .94(34):e1420.
28. Hong-qiang Yang#, Shuai Xiang#, Wan Yee Lau*, Zhi-yong Huang, Hong-ping Luo, Qi Cheng, Lin Chen, Hong Wang, Guo-ping Wang, Xiao-ping Chen*. A New Cholangiojejunostomy for Multiple Biliary Ductal Openings: A Study in Pigs. International Journal of Surgery.2015. 22:15-21.
29. Guang-zhen Li#, Hui-fang Liang, Bo Liao, Lei Zhang, Ya-an Ni, Hong-hao Zhou, Er-lei Zhang, Bi-xiang Zhang, Xiao-ping Chen *. PX-12 inhibits the growth of hepatocelluar carcinoma by inducing S-phase arrest, ROS-dependent apoptosis and enhances 5-FU cytotoxicity. Am J Transl Res. 2015 Sep 15;7(9):1528-40. eCollection 2015
30. Fei Gao#, Huifang Liang#, Hanlin Lu, Junwen Wang, Meng Xia, Zhimei Yuan,Yu Yao, Tong Wang,Xiaolong Tan, Arian Laurence, Hua Xu, Jinjin Yu, Wei Xiao, Wei Chen,Ming Zhou, Xiuqing Zhang*, Qian Chen* and Xiaoping Chen*. Global analysis of DNA methylation in hepatocellular carcinoma by a liquid hybridizationcapture-based bisulfite sequencing approach. Clin Epigenetics. 2015 .7(1):86.
31. Rui Hou#, Yu-Wei Wang, Hui-fang Liang, Zhan-guo Zhang, Zhi-min Liu, Bin-hao Zhang, Bi-xiang Zhang*, Xiao-ping Chen*. Animal and cellular models of hepatocellular carcinoma bone metastasis: establishment and characterisation. J
Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2015 Nov;141(11):1931-43. PMID:25820528.
32. Qi Cheng#, Song-Qing He#, Dan Gao, Biao Lei, Xin Long, Hui-Fang Liang, Peng Zhu, Jun-Fei Jin, Bo Tang, Stephen Tomlinson, Zhi-Ying Wu* and Xiao-Ping Chen*. Early Application of Auxiliary Partial Orthotopic Liver Transplantation in
Murine Model of Wilson Disease. Transplantation. 2015 99(11):2317-24.
33. Liao Bo#, Huifang Liang, Jin Chen, Qiumeng Liu, Bixiang Zhang*, Xiaoping Chen*. Suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid enhances chemosensitivity to 5-fluorouracil in hepatocellular carcinoma via inhibition of thymidylate synthase.
Tumor Biol. 2015 Dec;36(12):9347-56.
34. Hua Xiao#, Binhao Zhang#, Bin Mei, Chaohui Zuo, Gang Wei, Rui Wang, Bixiang Zhang* and Xiaoping Chen*. Hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with portal hypertension: a long-term benefit compared with transarterial chemoembolization and thermal ablation. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015. 94 (7): 1-7.
35. Chao Wu#, Binhao Zhang#, Lin Chen, Bixiang Zhang, and Xiaoping Chen*. Solitary Perihepatic Splenosis Mimicking Liver Lesion. A Case Report and Literature Review. Medicine. 2015, 94 (9): 1-6.
36. Binhao Zhang#, Dafeng Xu#, Rui Wang, Peng Zhu , Bin Mei, Gang Wei, Hua Xiao, Bixiang Zhang*, Xiaoping Chen*. Perioperative antiviral therapy improves safety in patients with hepatitis B related HCC following hepatectomy. International Journal of Surgery. 2015 Mar;15:1-5.
37. Shuai Xiang#, Yi-Fa Chen, Yan Guan, Xiao-Ping Chen*. Primary combined hepatocellular-cholangiocellular sarcoma: An unusual case. World Journal of Gastroenterology. 2015.21(23):0000-0000.
38. Shuai Xiang#, WanYee Lau, Xiaoping Chen*. Hilar cholangiocarcinoma: Controversies on the extent of surgical resection aiming at cure. Int J Colorectal Dis.2015 ;30(2):159-71 PMID:25376337.
39. Zong-Ming Zhang#, Eric C.H.Lai, Chong Zhang, Hong-Wei Yu, Zhuo Liu, Bo-jiang Wan, Li-min Liu, Zu-hao Tian, Hai Deng, Qiu-hong Sun, Xiao-Ping Chen*. The strategies for treating primary hepatocellular carcinoma with portal
vein tumor thrombus. International Journal of Surgery.2015.1-9.
40. Xin Long#, Qian Chen, Jianping Zhao, Nicholas Rafaels, Priyanka Mathias, Huifang Liang, Joseph Potee, Monica Campbell, Bixiang Zhang, Li Gao, Steve N. Georas, Donata Vercelli, Terri H. Beaty, Ingo Ruczinski, Rasika Mathias, Kathleen C. Barnes*, and Xiaoping Chen *. An IL-13 Promoter Polymorphism Associated with Liver Fibrosis in Patients with Schistosoma japonicum. PLOSONE.2015.10(8): e0135360.
41. Liu FY#, Zhou SJ#, Deng YL, Zhang ZY, Zhang EL, Wu ZB, Huang ZY*, Chen XP*. MiR-216b is involved in pathogenesis and progression of hepatocellular carcinoma through HBx-miR-216b-IGF2BP2. Cell Death Dis.2015 .6:e1670.
42. Ding ZY#, Jin GN, Wang W, Chen WX, Wu YH, Ai X, Chen L, Zhang WG, Liang HF, Laurence A, Zhang MZ, Datta PK, Zhang B*, Chen XP*. Reduced expression of TIF1³ promotes metastasis and indicates poor prognosis of hepatocellular
carcinoma. Hepatology. 2014 Nov;60(5):1620-36.
43. Chen XP#*, Huang ZY, Lau JW, Zhang BX, Zhang ZW, Chen YF, Zhang WG, Zhu P, Zhang B. Chen‘s U-Suture Technique for End-to-End Invaginated Pancreaticojejunostomy Following Pancreaticoduodenectomy. Ann Surg Oncol
44. Binhao Zhang#, Bixiang Zhang, Xiaoping Chen*, Sejong Bae, Karan Singh, M. Kay Washington, and Pran K. Datta*. Loss of smad4 in colorectal cancer induces resistance to 5-fluorouracil through activating Akt pathway. British Journal of Cancer 2014, 110(4): 946-57.
45. Guan-qi Zhang#, Zhi-wei Zhang, Wan-Yee Lau, Xiao-ping Chen*. Associating liver partition and portal vein ligation for staged hepatectoing(ALPPS): A new strategy to increase resectability in liver surgery. International Journal of
46. Lei Dou#, Wei-shan Meng, Bao-dong Su, Peng Zhu, Wei Zhang, Hui-fang Liang, Yi-fa Chen*, Xiao-ping Chen*. Step-by-step Vascular Control For Extracapsular Resection Of Complex Giant Liver Hemangioma Involving The Inferior Vena Cava. The American Surgeon. 2014.80(1):15-20
47. Qi Wang#, WanYee Lau, Bixiang Zhang, Zhiwei Zhang, Zhiyong Huang, Hongping Luo, Xiaoping Chen*. Preaperative total cholesterol predicts postoperative outcomes after partial hepatectomy in patients with chronic hepatitis B- or C-related hepatocellular carcinoma.Surgery.2014,155（2）:263-70
48. Ze-yang Ding#, Hui-fang Liang#, Guan-nan Jin#, Wei-xun Chen, Wei Wang, Pran K.Datta, Ming-zhi Zhang, Bixiang Zhang*, Xiao-ping Chen*. Smad6 suppresses the growth and self-renewal of hepatic progenitor cells. Journal of Cellular physiology.2014,229(5):651-660
49. Lin Chen#, Wei Zhang#, Hui-fang Liang, Qiao-dan Zhou, Ze-yang Ding, Hong-qiang Yang, Wei-bo Liu, Yan-hui Wu, Quan Man, Bixiang Zhang, Xiao-ping Chen*. Activin A induces growth arrest through a SMAD-dependent pathway in
hepatic progenitor cells. Cell Communication and Signaling 2014 Mar 17;12:18.
50. Ai X#, Wu Y, Zhang W, Zhang Z, Jin G, Zhao J, Yu J, Lin Y, Zhang W, Liang H, Datta PK, Zhang M, Zhang B*, Chen X*. Targeting ERK pathway reduces liver metastasis of Smad4-inactivated colorectal cancer. Cancer Biol Ther. 2013 14(11):
51. Youzhi Lin#, Binhao Zhang, Huifang Liang, Yulei Lu, Xi Ai, Bixiang Zhang, Xiaoping Chen*. JNK inhibitor SP600125 enhances TGF-² - induced apoptosis of RBE human cholangiocarcinoma cells in a Smad-dependent manner. Molecular
Medicine Reports. 2013 Dec;8(6):1623-9. 2013
52. Ze-yang Ding#, Guan-nan Jin#, Hui-fang Liang, Wei Wang, Wei-xun Chen, Pran K.Datta, Ming-zhi Zhang, Bixiang Zhang*, Xiao-ping Chen*. Transforming growth factor ² induces expression of connective tissue growth factor in hepatic progenitor cells through Smad independent signaling. Cell Signal. 2013 25(10):1981-92
53. Shi YL#, Xu T*, Li LP, Chen XP*.Over-expression of VEGF and MMP-9 in Residual Tumor Cells of Hepatocellular Carcinoma after Embolization with Lipidol. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2013, 33(1):90-95.
54. Lei Zhang#, Yan Chen, Lin Wang, Xiao-ping Chen*, Wan-guang Zhang, Chun-you Wang, He-shui Wu*. Chloroquine Relieves Acute Lung Injury in Rats with Acute Hemorrhagic Necrotizing Pancreatitis. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2013, 33(3):357-360.
55. YAN Xue-qiang#, ZHANG Wei#, ZHANG Bi-xiang, LIANG Hui-fang, ZHANG Wan-guang and CHEN Xiao-ping*. Inactivation of Smad4 is a prognostic factor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Chinese Medical Journal 2013,
56. Jiang L#, Yang S, Yin H, Fan X, Wang S, Yao B, Pozzi A, Chen X*, Harris RC, Zhang MZ*. Epithelial-Specific Deletion of 11² -HSD2 Hinders Apcmin/+ Mouse Tumorigenesis via COX-2 pathway inhibition and induction of G1 cell cycle arrest. Mol Cancer Res. 2013 Sep;11(9):1040-50.
57. Abid MD#, Chen J*, Xiang M, Zhou J, Chen X, Gong F.Khat (Catha edulis) generates reactive oxygen species and promotes hepatic cell apoptosis via MAPK activation. Int J Mol Med. 2013 . 32(2):389-95.
58. Han-hua Dong#, Shuai Xiang, Hui-fang Liang, Chang-hai Li, Zhi-wei Zhang, Xiao-ping Chen*. The niche of hepatic cancer stem cell and cancer recurrence. Medical Hypotheses. 2013, 80(5):666-8.
59. Huang ZY#, Liang BY, Xiong M, Zhan DQ, Wei S, Wang GP, Chen YF, Chen XP*. Long-Term Outcomes of Repeat Hepatic Resection in Patients with Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma and Analysis of Recurrent Types and Their Prognosis: A Single-Center Experience in China. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012 Mar 7. 19(8):2515-25 Wei S#, Xiong M, Zhan DQ, Liang BY, Wang YY, Gutmann DH, Huang ZY*, Chen XP*. Ku80 functions as a tumor suppressor in hepatocellular carcinoma by inducing S-phase arrest through a p53-dependent pathway. Carcinogenesis. 2012 Mar;33(3):538-47.
60. Zhu P#, Lau WY, Chen YF, Zhang BX, Huang ZY, Zhang ZW, Zhang W, Dou L, Chen XP*. Randomized clinical trial comparing infrahepatic inferior vena cava clamping with low central venous pressure in complex liver resections involving the Pringle manoeuvre. Br J Surg. 2012 Mar 2. 99(6):781-8.
61. Xiang S#, Dong H#, Liang HF#, He SQ, Zhang W, Li CH, Zhang BX, Zhang BH, Jing K, Tomlinson S, van Rooijen N, Jiang L, Cianflone K, Chen XP*.Oval Cell Response Is Attenuated by Depletion of Liver Resident Macrophages in the
2-AAF/Partial Hepatectomy Rat. PLoS ONE . 2012. 7(4):e35180.
62. Chen L#, Zhang W, Zhou QD, Yang HQ, Liang HF, Zhang BX, Long X, Chen XP*. HSCs play a distinct role in different phases of oval cell-mediated liver regeneration. Cell Biochem Funct. 2012 Apr 26. 30(7):588-96.
63. Cheng Q#, Li D#, Liang H, Yang H, Lei D, Gao D, Long X, Chen Y, Zhu P*, ChenX*. Effects of Long-term Administration of Low dose FTY720 on Survival of Murine Cardiac Allograft. Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology [Med Sci], 2012 Apr;32(2):199-204.
64. Yang H#, Tang J, Peng X, Zhang S, Sun H, Lv H, Li J, Chen X*. Treatment of complicated hepatic cystic hydatidosis with intrabiliary rupture by pericystectomy in combination with Roux-en-Y hepaticojejunostomy. J Huazhong Univ Sci
Technolog Med Sci. 2012, 32(2):205-9.
65. Wang SF#, Huang ZY, Chen XP*. Biliary complications after living donor liver transplantation. Liver Transpl. 2011 Oct;17(10):1127-36.
66. Li CH#, Wang YJ, Dong W, Xiang S, Liang HF, Wang HY, Dong HH, Chen L, Chen XP*. Hepatic oval cell lines generate hepatocellular carcinoma following transfection with HBx gene and treatment with aflatoxin B1 in vivo. Cancer Lett. 2011 Dec 1;311(1):1-10.
67. Xiao ZY#, Jia JB, Chen L, Zou W, Chen XP*. Phase I clinical trial of continuous infusion of tyroserleutide in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2011 Oct 11. 29(3):1850-8.
68. Xiao-Ping Chen#*, Zhi-Wei Zhang, Zhi-Yong Huang, Yi-Fa Chen, Wan-Guang Zhang and Fa-Zu Qiu. Alternative management of anatomical right hemihepatectomy using ligation of inflow and outflow vessels without hilus
dissection. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2011, 26:663-668.
69. Wei S#, Hao X, Zhan D, Xiong M, Li K, Chen X*, Huang Z*. Are surgical indications of Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer staging classification justified? J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2011 Oct;31(5):637-41.
70. Chen Y#, Qin R, Chen X*. Laparoscopic hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgery: present practices and prospects. Front Med. 2011 Sep;5(3):235-8.
71. Zhu M#, Fu XN, Chen X*. Lobectomy by video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS) for early stage of non-small cell lung cancer. Front Med. 2011 Mar;5(1):53-60.
72. Zhang W#, Chen D, Chen Z, Zeng F, Ming C, Lin Z, Zhou P, Chen G, Chen X*. Successful kidney transplantation in highly sensitized patients. Front Med. 2011 Mar;5(1):80-5.
73. Chen Y#, Hao H#, He S, Cai L, Li Y, Hu S, Ye D, Hoidal J, Wu P*, Chen X*. Lipoxin A4 and its analogue suppress the tumor growth of transplanted H22 in mice: the role of antiangiogenesis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010 Aug;9(8):2164-74.
74. Zhi-yong Huang#, Gen Chen, Xiao-yi Hao, Rong-yao Cai, Yin-feng Zhao, Xiao-ping Chen*. Outcomes of non-anatomic liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with liver cirrhosis and analysis of prognostic factors.
Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2010 July; 396(2): 193-9.
75. Liu LP#, Liang HF, Chen XP*, Zhang WG, Yang SL, Xu T, Ren L. The Role of NF-kappaB in Hepatitis B Virus X Protein-Mediated Upregulation of VEGF and MMPs. Cancer Invest. 2010, 28(5):443-51.
76. Sun ZG#, Zhao ZG, Li GP, Dong SL, Huang ZY, Ye L, Liang HF, Qu JY, Ai X, Zhang WG, Chen XP*. Relevance of two genes in the multidrug resistance of hepatocellular carcinoma: in vivo and clinical studies. Tumori,2010, 96: 90-96.
Tsvetelina Velikova, MD, PhDMedical Director Lozenetz University Hospital 1407 Sofia, Bulgaria
03/2011 – 03/2014 Doctor of Philosophy; Medical University of Sofia
Ph.D. thesis: Investigation of immunological parameters for intestinal inflammation in order to establish new markers for diagnosis and follow up of Inflammatory Bowel Disease patients. Advisor: Prof. Iskra Altankova, MD, PhD, DSc
09/2004 - 10/2010 Doctor of Medicine; Medical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
03/2019 – Present Medical director – Synevo Bulgaria
02/2019 - Present Medical writer - LeanRank
04/2017 – Present Specialist in Clinical Immunology – Lozenetz University Hospital; Department of Clinical Immunology; St. Ivan Rilski University Hospital; Laboratory of Clinical Immunology
07/2015 – 04/2017 Assistant professor – Department of Clinical Laboratory and Clinical Immunology Medical University of Sofia
07/2015 – Present Medical editor - Central Medical Library – Medical University of Sofia
12/2011 – 05/2016 Resident in Clinical Immunology; Medical University of Sofia
2. Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Emanuil Naydenov, Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Kalina Belemezova, Ivan Bochev, Krasimir Minkin, Milena Mourdjeva, Tsvetelina Velikova, Sevdalin Nachev, Stanimir Kyurkchiev. Cells Isolated from Human Glioblastoma Multiforme Express Progesterone-Induced Blocking Factor (PIBF). Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology. January 2014. IF 2.506
3. Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Sevdalin Nachev, Tsvetelina Velikova, Emanuil Naydenov, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev. Missing B7 in a part of antigen-presenting cells infiltrating Glioblastoma multiforme. Comptes rendus de l’Academie bulgare des Sciences 2014, Vol 67, No7, pp.1005-1010. IF: 0.284
4. Tsvetelina Velikova, Ventsislav Nakov, Ralitsa Georgieva, Kalina Toumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Radislav Nakov, Elena Karaivanova, Borislav Vladimirov et Dobroslav Kyurkchiev. Immunomodulating properties of a novel synbiotic on healthy persons. Comptes rendus de l`Academie bulgare des Sciences 2015. Tome 68, No 10:1321-1326. IF: 0.233
5. Raina Shentova, Tsvetelina Velikova, Christo Zhelev, Emilia Panteleeva, Penka Yaneva, Petio Hadjiiski. Diagnostic value of fecal calprotectin point of care testing in the pediatric practice. Merit research journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 2016, Vol.4(3):169-172. IF 1.206
6. Antoaneta Gateva, Yavor Assyov, Tsvetelina Velikova, Zdravko Kamenov. Increased peroxiredoxin 4 levels in patients with prediabetes compared to normal glucose tolerance subjects. Clinical Endocrinology 2016; Vol.85:551-555. IF 3.46
7. Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Emanuil Naydenov, Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Kalina Belemezova, Tsvetelina Velikova, Ekaterina Krassimirova and Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova. Chapter 2. Stem- Like Adherent Cells Isolated and Cultured from Glioblastoma Multiforme. In: Glioblastoma. Publisher: Avid Science 2016. In press
8. Tsvetelina Velikova, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Zoya Spassova, Spaska Stanilova, Iskra Altankova. Cytokines in inflamed mucosa of IBD patients. In: Inflammatory Bowel Disease 2016 (ISBN 978-953-51-4726-8): 71-92.
9. Radislav Nakov, Tsvetelina Velikova, Ventsislav Nakov, Vanya Gerova, Lyudmila Tankova, Kalina Toumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina Krasimirova, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Todor Kundurzhiev, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev. Serum Trefoil Factor 3 – a Promising Biomarker in Patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Comptes rendus de l'Academie bulgare des Sciences 2016. Tome 69(12):1669-1674
10. A. Gateva, Ts. Velikova, Z. Kamenov. Increased kallistatin levels in patients with obesity and prediabetes compared to normal glucose tolerance. Endocrine research 2017. (in press) IF 1.5
11. Yavor Assyov, Tsvetelina Velikova, Zdravko Kamenov. Myostatin and Carbohydrate Disturbances. Endocrine Research 2017;1-8. IF 1.5
12. V. Youroukova, D. Dimitrova, А. Valerieva, S. Lesichkova, Ts. Velikova, E. Ivanova-Todorova, K. Tumangelova. Phenotypes determined by cluster analysis in moderate to severe bronchial asthmа. Folia Medica 2017. Vol.59(2)165-173.
13. Emanuela Tsvetkova Zaharieva, Tsvetelina Veselinova Velikova, Adelina Dimitrova Tsakova, Zdravko Asenov Kamenov. Prevalence of Positive Diabetes Associated Autoantibodies among Type 2 Diabetes and Related Metabolic and Inflammatory Differences in a Sample of the Bulgarian Population. Journal of Diabetes Research 2017. Vol. 2017:1-6.
14. Tsvetelina Velikova, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Zoya Spassova, Iliya Karakolev, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Iskra Altankova, Spaska Stanilova. Alterations in cytokine gene expression profile in colon mucosa of Inflammatory Bowel Disease patients on different therapeutic regimens. Cytokine 2017. Vol.92(2017):12-19.
15. S. MItev, M. Petkova, Ts. Velikova, E. Ivanova-Todorova, R. Shentova, P. Yaneva, R. Ivanova, E. Panteleeva, Chr. Zhelev, D. Kyurkchiev, Z. Spassova, L. Mateva. Prevalence of anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies in Bulgarian patients with Crohn`s disease. Comptes rendus de l`Academie bulgare des Sciences 2017. Tome 70(2):289-294.
16. Emanuela Zaharieva, Tsvetelina Velikova, Adelina Tsakova & Zdravko Kamenov. Reduced soluble Toll-like receptors 2 in type 2 diabetes. Arch Physiology Biochem 2017:1-4.
17. Krasimirova E, Velikova T, Ivanova-Todorova E, Tumangelova-Yuzeir K, Kalinova D, Boyadzhieva V, Stoilov N, Yoneva T, Rashkov R, Kyurkchiev D. Treg/Th17 cell balance and phytohaemagglutinin activation of T lymphocytes in peripheral blood of systemic sclerosis patients. World J Exp Med 2017 August 20; 7(3): 58-96.
18. Tsvetelina Velikova. Problems and perspectives of immunodiagnostics in Bulgaria. J Immunodiagnos. September-2017;1(1):3.
19. Velikova T. The Mucosal Immunology–Much is Done but the Most is Forthcoming. J Mucosal Immunol Res 2017, 1:2.
20. Georgiev T, Ivanova M, Kopchev A, Velikova T, Miloshov A, Kurteva E, Yuzeir K, Penkov M, Kabakchieva P, Rashkov R, Stoilov R.Cartilage oligomeric protein, matrix metalloproteinase-3, and Coll2-1 as serum biomarkers in knee osteoarthritis: a cross-sectional study. Rheumatol Int. 2017 Nov 21. doi: 10.1007/s00296-017-3887-y.
21. Zaharieva E, Kamenov Z, Velikova T, Tsakova A, El-Darawish Y, Okamura H. Interleukin-18 serum level is elevated in type 2 diabetes and latent autoimmune diabetes. Endocr Connect 2017. Vol.7(1):179-185.
22. Ts. Velikova, R. Miladinova, E. Ivanova-Todorova, D. Kyurkchiev, Z. Spasova. Extraintestinal manifestations and intestinal complications in patients with Crohn's disease: associations with some clinico-laboratory findings, immunological markers. Acta medica bulgarica 2018; Vol.XLV(1):16-21.
23. Tz. Georgiev, M. Ivanova, T. Velikova, E. Kurteva, M. Penkov, A. Miloshov, R. Stoilov. THE RELATION OF MRI-DETECTED STRUCTURAL DAMAGE AND SERUM LEVELS OF CARTILAGE OLIGOMERIC MATRIX PROTEIN IN PATIENTS WITH KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS: A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY. RHEUMATOLOGY 2018, 15(1):22-32.
24. Tsvetelina V. Velikova, Zoya A. Spassova, Kalina D. Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina K. Krasimirova, Ekaterina I. Ivanova-Todorova, Dobroslav S. Kyurkchiev, and Iskra P. Altankova, “Serological Update on Celiac Disease Diagnostics in Adults.” International Journal of Celiac Disease, vol. 6, no. 1 (2018): 20-25. doi: 10.12691/ijcd-6-1-8.
25. Velikova T V, Spassova Z A, Milatchkov L M, Panova D G, Ivanova - Todorova E I, et al. Dynamics of Some Routine Immunological Parameters During Anti - TNF Therapy in Patients with Crohn’s Disease, Ann Colorectal Res. Online ahead of Print ;In Press(In Press):e68674. doi: 10.5812/acr.68674.
26. Velikova T, Shumnalieva R, Tumangelova-Yuzeir K, Kachakova D, Ivanova-Todorova E, Kyurkchiev D, et al. 25-Oh Vitamin D3/D2 Levels in Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Ann Chron Dise. 2018; 2(1): 1004.
27. Tsvetelina Veselinova Velikova, E. Krasimirova, Sn. Lazova, P. Perenovska, A. Valerieva, Dimitrinka MIteva, V. Dimitrov, M. Staevska, D. Kyurkchiev, G. Petrova. MCP-1/CCL2 in a Bulgarian Cohort of Children with Bronchial Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. Archives of Immunology and Allergy. 2018; 1(1): 1-5.
28. Kancheva, L., Nikolov, P., Velikova, T., Valkov, I., Nikolov, R., Mateva, L. Soluble CD14 is associated with disease activity and severity in chronic viral hepatitis C and B. C. R. Acad. Bulg. Sci. 2018; 71(6):852-858. DOI: 10.7546/CRABS.2018.06.17
29. Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Emanuil Naydenov, Tsvetelina Velikova, Ekaterina Krasimirova, Kalina Belemezova, Tihomir Dikov, Marin Penkov, Sevdalin Nachev, Margarita Genova, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev. Cultured Cells Isolated from CNS Indolent B Cell Lymphoma Have Characteristics of Mesenchymal Stem Cells – А Clinical Case and Scientific Research. Int Journal of Hematology-Oncology and stem cells research 2018.;12(3):168-173. Global IF 0.6
30. Tsvetelina Velikova. Transplantation in Patients with Autoimmune Liver Diseases. ARC Journal of Hepatology and Gastroenterology. Volume 3, Issue 1, 2018, PP 18-21.
31. Tsvetelina Velikova and Iskra Altankova. One-step card tests for fecal calprotectin and lactoferrin in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Int J Biotech Rec Adv. Volume 1, Issue 1, 12-17.
32. Tsvetelina Velikova, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova. Immunoprophylaxis of Respiratory Infections in Childhood. ARC Journal of Immunology and Vaccines 2018;3(1):12-15.
33. Tsvetelina Velikova. Celiac Disease Vaccination: Expectations and Reality. J Mucosal Immunol Res 2018, 2(1):e105.
34. Tsvetelina VELIKOVA, Alexander KUKOV, Viktoriya GEORGIEVA, Milena PERUHOVA, Nonka YURUKOVA, Antoaneta MIHOVA, Tsanka MEHANDZHIYSKA – MARINOVA, Gergana MIZGOVA, Velislava TERZIEVA, Galina ZHELEZOVA, Iskra ALTANKOVA, Ludmila IVANOVA; Methods for detection of food intolerance; Recent Advances in Food Science; 2018; 1(3): 106-119
35. Tsvetelina Velikova, Gergana Taneva, Stanislav Chourchev, Lyudmila Tankova, Borislav Vladimirov. A Case Report of a Patient with Gluten Enteropathy: The Importance of Immunological Markers for Diagnosis and Follow up. ARC Journal of Hepatology and Gastroenterology, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2018, PP 22-24.
36. Velikova T, Shumnalieva R, Kachakova D, Tumangelova-Yuzeir K, Ivanova-Todorov E, Kyurkchiev D, Monov S. IL-17a – A promising biomarker for disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Journal of Biomedical Science & Technology  1(1): 6-20.
37. Velikova T, Shentovab R, Spassovac Z, et al. Comparative Evaluation of Four Methods for Fecal Calprotectin Testing: One-Step Card Test, A Point of Care Lateral Flow Assay, A Standard and an Automated ELISA. Scimaze Gastroenterol Heppatol 2018;1:101.
38. Tsvetelina Velikova. Biosimilar drugs for therapy of immunemediated diseases. Biomed Res Rev. 2018 Sep;1(2):106.
39. Tsvetelina Velikova, Snezhina Lazova, Penka Perenovska, Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Dimitrinka Miteva, Petar Velikov, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Guergana Petrova. Th17 Cells in Bulgarian Children with Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases. Allergologia y immunopatologia, 2018, in press
40. Velikova TV. Commentary: Therapy strategies regarding cytokines involvement in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease. Journal of Clinical Investigation and studies 2018, 1(3):1-1. Doi 10.15761/JCIS.1000115
41. Tsvetelina Velikova, Snezhina Lazova, Penka Perenovska, Kalina Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Dimitrinka Miteva, Petar Velikov, Ekaterina Ivanova-Todorova, Dobroslav Kyurkchiev, Guergana Petrova. Th17 Cells in Bulgarian Children with Chronic Obstructive Lung Diseases. Allergologia y immunopatologia, 2018, in press
42. Gateva AT, Assyov YS, Velikova T, Kamenov ZA, Higher levels of thyoredoxin interacting protein (TXNIP) in patients with prediabetes compared to obese normoglycemic subjects, Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews (2018), doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsx.2018.11.056.
43. Velikova Ts, Altankova I, Reruhova M. Prevalence of Specific IgG to Food Antigens in Bulgarian IBS Patients: A Preliminary Study. M J Nutr.2018; 3(1): 017;1-3.
44. Velikova Ts, Velikov T, Mihailov G. Higher serum levels of stromelysin 2 (MMP-10) but not matrilysin (MMP-7) in patients with end-stage chronic kidney disease on chroniodialysis. American International Journal of Multidisciplinary Scientific Research 2018; 4(1):17-21.
45. Ts Velikova. Th17, Vitamin D, and Asthma. Clin Res Immunol 2018;1(1):1-2.
46. Terzieva V, Velikova Ts, Mihova A, et al. Importance of Regulatory T Cells for the Tolerance Maintaining After Liver Transplantation. M J Immu 2018;2(1): 007, 1-4.
47. Velikova Ts, Naydenova K, Dimitrov V. Mucosal Inflammation in Allergic Rhinitis and Bronchial Asthma - Two Sides of a Coin. Clin Res Immunol 2018;1(1):1-2.
48. Tsvetelina Velikova. Immunological aspects of inflammatory bowel disease pathogenesis. Gastroenterol Hepatol Endosc, 2018;3(4):1-3. doi: 10.15761/GHE.1000171
49. Antoaneta Gateva; Zdravko Kamenov; Vera Karamfilova; Yavor Assyov; Tsvetelina Velikova; Yosif El-Darawish; Haruki Okamura. Higher levels of IL-18 in patients with prediabetes compared to obese normoglycemic controls. ARCHIVES OF PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 2018. https://doi.org/10.1080/13813455.2018.1555667
50. Nakov R, Velikova T, Nakov V, Ianiro G, et al. Serum trefoil factor 3 predicts disease activity in patients with ulcerative colitis. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences 2019; 23: 788-794.
51. Kremena Naydenova, Tsvetelina Velikova, Vasil Dimitrov. Interactions of allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma at mucosal immunology level AIMS Allergy and Immunology, 2019, 3(1): 1-12. doi: 10.3934/Allergy.2019.1.1
52. Theodora Bolyarova, Raya Grozdanova, Gergana Micheva, Maria Dencheva, Tsvetelina Velikova. EFFECT OF DIODE LASER TREATMENT ON THE LEVEL OF IL-6 IN THE GINGIVAL CREVICULAR FLUID IN PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC PERIODONTITIS. Comptes rendus de l’Acad´emie bulgare des Sciences. Tome 72, No 1, 2019, 130-135. DOI:10.7546/CRABS.2019.01.17
53. Velikova T, Ivanova-Todorova E, Kancheva L, et al. Serological Differential Diagnosis of Autoimmune Liver Diseases by Line Blot Immunoassay for Parallel Detection of Nine Different Autoantibodies. Clin Exp Gastroenterol Hepatol 2019; 1: 104. doi: 10.31531/edwiser.jcegh.1000104
54. Tsvetelina V Velikova, Zoya A Spassova, Kalina D Tumangelova-Yuzeir, Ekaterina K Krasimirova, Ekaterina I Ivanova-Todorova, Dobroslav S Kyurkchiev, Iskra P Altankova: Higher serum IL-17A along with anti-tTG antibodies for prediction of refractory celiac disease.
55. Antoaneta T. Gateva, Tsvetelina V. Velikova, Zdravko A. Kamenov: Peroxiredoxin 4 levels in patients with PCOS and/or obesity. DOI:10.1016/j.jogoh.2019.04.002
56. Tsvetelina Velikova: Challenges and updates in the management of eosinophilic esophagitis. Przegląd Gastroenterologiczny 04/2019;, DOI:10.5114/pg.2019.84476
Dr. Panayiotis (Panos) ECONOMOUClinical Professor of Surgery Foundation Chair, Department of Surgery University of Nicosia Medical School Honorary Senior Lecturer, St George’s, University of London CY-1700, Nicosia, Cyprus
Teaching: Medical / Surgical Education.
Surgery: Especially thyroid, breast, hernia, pilonidal sinus, hemorrhoids, fissure in ano, laparoscopic cholecystectomy and laparoscopic varicocele operations.
The Dickinson Trust Prize in Pharmacology, The Medical Defense Union Nationwide Finalists, August 1981,
Awards Competition on Medico legal Matters, May 1984.
United States of America Patent Application 2010 US2010275712 (Published 4/11/2010) National Number 12667674 (http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=2010275712&KC=&FT=E&locale=en_EP
European Patent Office (EPO) 2010 EP2171310 (Published 7/4/2010, Granted 1/12/2010) National Number 2007764309 (https://data.epo.org/publication-server/getpdf.jsp?pn=2171310&ki=B1&cc=EP)
PCT/WIPO WO2009/003426 (http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/WO2009003426)
Gear-Based Continuously Engaged Variable Transmission. Published 8/1/2009
Economou P. Haemorrhoids – Give them a second chance? Gastroenterology and Digest Dis Open Access J. (2018); 1(1): 00001